Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100741 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2010
dominique:

^^^ sorry can't. who do you think is the best contender? updates plzzz.

Every one of them sound promising, but i prefer just 3 out of them

Oyuki Obaseki
Bukola Olopade
Lumumber Adeh

The rest are just there, but they are kinda useful to Nigerian football if i may add.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 1:07am On Aug 15, 2010
Is the debate for everyone or those contesting the Chairmanship position?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2010
Only those contesting for the chairmanship position.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2010
Enyimba miss out on Nigerian treble
15/08/2010, 22:29

Nigerian club Enyimba missed out on a domestic treble on Sunday when they slumped to a penalty shoot-out loss to Kaduna United in the national cup final.

The two sides were locked at 3-3 at the end of normal time before Kaduna won 3-2 on penalties.

Enyimba, who won the cup last year as well as in 2005, had already captured the league as well as the pre-season tournament, the Super Four.

Substitute goalkeeper Chinedu Agwu starred for Kaduna at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano as he saved two of the kicks during the penalty shootout as his team claimed their first major piece of silverware.

They will now represent Nigeria in next year's African Confederation Cup, along with Sunshine Stars of Akure, who placed third in the Nigeria Premier League.

Kaduna took the lead in the 28th minute from a spot-kick converted by Bola Bello and increased their advantage seven minutes later courtesy of Siman Yusuf.

Enyimba pulled a goal back in the 37th minute from the penalty spot before Bello regained Kaduna's two-goal advantage in the 40th minute with a solo effort.

Valentine Nwabili smashed home a 45-yard drive to reduce Enyimba's deficit on the dot of half time.

The league champions then restored parity in the 52nd minute when Atanda Sakibu finished off good combination play at the edge of the box for Enyimba's third goal.

Ten-man Rangers claimed third-place with a 2-1 win over Sunshine Stars.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:00am On Aug 16, 2010
Enyimba, who won the cup last year as well as in 2005, had already captured the league as well as the pre-season tournament, the Super Four.

so Super four is a pre-season event, when they played it just a week or two after the league ended, probably menat post-season tournament

I think CAF should reset the number of team qualifying for the champions league to four and 3 confederation teams
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:50am On Aug 16, 2010
Dis Guy:

so Super four is a pre-season event, when they played it just a week or two after the league ended, probably menat post-season tournament
I think CAF should reset the number of team qualifying for the champions league to four and 3 confederation teams

Didn't you know before? the super 4 has always been a pre-season tournament for the top teams and also for them to try out new players they must have acquired.

So as it stands now, Enyimba and Kano Pillars will represent us in the CCL and Sunshine stars and Kaduna United will represent us at the confederations cup.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 1:19am On Aug 16, 2010
honeric01:

Didn't you know before? the super 4 has always been a pre-season tournament for the top teams and also for them to try out new players they must have acquired.

So as it stands now, Enyimba and Kano Pillars will represent us in the CCL and Sunshine stars and Kaduna United will represent us at the confederations cup.

You dont get it, it cant exactly be called a pre-season tournament and you rarely get a chance to 'try out new players' considering the fact it is staged a week or two after the main season, it should have been hosted a week or two BEFORE the new season, if you look at other leagues, after the main season theres a break for the players/staff and everyone until like a month later when they start playing friendlies and then qualifiers or charity games in nigeria the payers don't get a break maybe the lower teams

When does the league start and who and who changed team?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^ exactly what i've been saying about the super 4. Besides, is it the NPL's prerogative to organise pre season matches for teams? Shouldnt it be a thing for the clubs management.
Anyway, i'm not surprised Kaduna United won the FA cup. Enyimba couldnt beat them all through last season. They beat Enyimba in Kaduna and drew in Aba.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2010
Dis Guy:

You dont get it, it cant exactly be called a pre-season tournament and you rarely get a chance to 'try out new players' considering the fact it is staged a week or two after the main season, it should have been hosted a week or two BEFORE the new season, if you look at other leagues, after the main season theres a break for the players/staff and everyone until like a month later when they start playing friendlies and then qualifiers or charity games in nigeria the payers don't get a break maybe the lower teams

When does the league start and who and who changed team?

I think the last one was 2 weeks before the new season, this season was rushed i think.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2010
medjai:

Anyway, i'm not surprised Kaduna United won the FA cup. Enyimba couldnt beat them all through last season. They beat Enyimba in Kaduna and drew in Aba.

I like the way it's going now, this might be another money spinning venture and a fair rivalry growing, if Kaduna United can sustain this development, it will always draw people to come watch anytime both of them have a match to play.

Picture Bolton vs Arsenal

Chelsea vs Man city.

At Madrid vs Barcelona

Sevilla Vs R. Madrid

That's how Kaduna Utd vs Enyimba is going to look like as time goes on.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2010
Kaduna United are becoming Enyimba's boogey team. You know they have a very good and experienced coach in Maurice Cooreman. I think they'll be a major force to reckon with next season
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2010
So Maurice Cooreman is still in Nigeria shocked shocked

So who said local coaches are not piad well? for this guy to still be in nigeria despite all the rubbish theres money in the system, its all up to local coaches to get good lawyers and sign proper contracts!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2010
seriously i tire for the guy. He has been in Naija for so so long. He has coached Gabros, NPA(Warri Wolves) and many other teams and now Kaduna United. I heard he is a married to an Ibo lady.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:50am On Aug 17, 2010
I like the fact that he's doing his job well and he enjoys working here, i don't mind if he stays on because we are expected to see more of him in Africa now that Kaduna United is going to represent us.

BTW

Kwara United and Rangers are going to represent us in the WAFU cup.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 1:28am On Aug 17, 2010
WAFU still exists? There i was thinking Kwara UTd will atleast get some rest and Concentrate fully on the league and most importantly save money before the government change hands--- with these clubs you never know what might happen the considering the way clubs are funded- see Bayelsea UTD
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 4:57am On Aug 17, 2010
Dis Guy:

WAFU still exists? There i was thinking Kwara UTd will atleast get some rest and Concentrate fully on the league and most importantly save money before the government change hands--- with these clubs you never know what might happen the considering the way clubs are funded- see Bayelsea UTD

Yes it does exist and Sharks FC is still in this year's tournament so far.

Bayelsa United got 850million naira from the state government, but Baribote "managed" the money!, so blame that noise-maker for Bayelsa's woes.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:16am On Aug 18, 2010
NFF asked to postpone elections

Nigeria's National Sports Commission (NSC) have asked the Nigeria Football Federation to postpone elections into the executive committee scheduled for later this month.

An Ilorin ruled last week that the elections be postponed pending the determination of a suit brought before it by Taofik Babatunde challenging the timing.

Although the court ruled that it lacked jurisdiction to hear the case and transferred it to an Abuja High Court, it ordered the postponement to allow the case to be heard by a competent court.

Key stakeholders have called for the NFF elections to be postponed to allow the state FA elections to hold first.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2010
you guys need to read this, finally the election has been postponed

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-500051.0.html#msg6603905
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2010
Sunshine Stars have sacked its coach, Solomon Ogbeide. He has since been replaced with his assistant, Gbenga Ogunbote. Sunshine Stars finished third and will be playing in the CAF Confederations Cup next season
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2010
Why was he sacked?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2010
Dis Guy:

Why was he sacked?
no reason was given. I think the man did very well. SS used to be a mid table side but he took them to a 3rd place finish thereby qualifying them for the Confed. Cup and also a semi final place in the FA cup, they finished third or fourth
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 9:29am On Aug 20, 2010
FIFA WANT BARIBOTE'S COMPLAINTS TACKLED
The World football governing body, FIFA, have asked the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) to follow-up on the complaints raised by the Bayelsa United Chairman, Rumson Baribote, over the recent elections to the Nigeria Premier League(NPL).
An arbitratation panel set up by the NFF decided that NPL Chairman, Davidson Owumi, is not eligible to contest the positioo of chairman of chairmen and as such fresh elections should be held in this respect.
The NFF are yet to act on this ruling by the arbitration panel, and this has forced Baribote to take the matter to FIFA.
In a reply to Baribote's petition through a letter dated August 15, and signed by deputy secretary-general, Markus Kattner, FIFA, while acknowledging the case as an internal one, asked the NFF to address the questions raised by the Bayelsa boss.
The letter was also copied to the Confederation of African Football(CAF).
A delighted Baribote said: "I have always played by the rules and I strongly believe that with FIFA, I will get justice.
"This fight is not driven by selfish desires, but I stand for the betterment of the game in Nigeria."
http://www.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?item_id=32296
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 9:31am On Aug 20, 2010
The race to sign league record goal scorer, Eugene Salami, is getting hot as the Tornadoes striker is currently wanted by Heartland, Sharks, Sunshine, Kwara Utd and Kano Pillars.
"All the clubs have discussed with me. But there are factors that I will consider before I make my decision.
But it is a good thing that these clubs are seriously looking for me. It shows they recognised my effort last season when I equalled the record of Ishaya Jatau and Akarandut Orok.
I will soon join one of these clubs and take my football career to another level" Salami said.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2010
medjai:

The race to sign league record goal scorer, Eugene Salami, is getting hot as the Tornadoes striker is currently wanted by Heartland, Sharks, Sunshine, Kwara Utd and Kano Pillars.
"All the clubs have discussed with me. But there are factors that I will consider before I make my decision.
But it is a good thing that these clubs are seriously looking for me. It shows they recognised my effort last season when I equalled the record of Ishaya Jatau and Akarandut Orok.
I will soon join one of these clubs and take my football career to another level" Salami said.

Which record did he break? equaling a record does not want you a record creator, you only get recognized if you break record and the only one that did that was Ahmed Musa with 18 goals. [size=3pt]or is it 19 goals self[/size]?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2010
medjai:

Sunshine Stars have sacked its coach, Solomon Ogbeide. He has since been replaced with his assistant, Gbenga Ogunbote. Sunshine Stars finished third and will be playing in the CAF Confederations Cup next season

What is wrong with Nigerians with this our ungrateful attitude? this same coach was sacked by Bayelsa United after qualifying them for Caf champions league and also winning the league, the same thing has happened again to him with Sunshine stars after qualifying them for the confederations cup.

I think we as Nigerians hate ourselves so much and it's showing in the way we treat our fellow Nigerians when taking decisions.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 2:15am On Aug 21, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5608900-147/premier_league_reads_riot_act_to.csp

New Rules for NPL

-they must have a junior team- feeder team

- management structure

-decent changing rooms

-security

etc etc i know say all na mouth, nigerian and rules don't go together!! tongue

they should have included update website for all teams!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2010
Lets wait and see.

When Obaseki came out to say what he expected for the league, at least he was able to achieve more than half of what he promised to bring to the league, who knows if Davidson is likely to out-performs obaseki? time will tell.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2010
Maurice Cooreman thinks Siasia is not qualified to be Super eagles coach. In an interview published on Saturday's Complete Sports, Cooreman said Siasia led the Flying eagles to second place finishes in Holland 05 WYC and Beijing Olympics but didnt win the ultimate prize. He also said Siasia was sacked when he took charge of JUTH FC of Jos and Ocean Boys. He said Heartland only has 1 point from 9 in the champions league since Sia1 took charge.
He said he would have loved to coach the SE and he has applied on several occasions but he has not been invited for interview let alone given the job.
He said the problem of the SE is that the players are not fully committed and that the best players in the league are not invited to play for the SE
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:19am On Aug 23, 2010
medjai:

Maurice Cooreman thinks Siasia is not qualified to be Super eagles coach. In an interview published on Saturday's Complete Sports, Cooreman said Siasia led the Flying eagles to second place finishes in Holland 05 WYC and Beijing Olympics but didnt win the ultimate prize. He also said Siasia was sacked when he took charge of JUTH FC of Jos and Ocean Boys. He said Heartland only has 1 point from 9 in the champions league since Sia1 took charge.
He said he would have loved to coach the SE and he has applied on several occasions but he has not been invited for interview let alone given the job.
He said the problem of the SE is that the players are not fully committed and that the best players in the league are not invited to play for the SE

Very strong points the man raised, but Nigerians won't see all these until fire catch house, I ain't saying Siasia should not be given the job, but i think we should stop the hype and look at this issue technically before it's too late.

I still maintain that Siasia does not deserved to be paid up to N5M naira (at least for now) because he has no track record with any senior teams be it national or clubwise.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2010
Week One Fixtures

Enyimba V Ocean Boys
Plateau Utd V Dolphin
Rangers V Lobi Stars
Kaduna Utd V Kano Pillars
Gombe Utd V Heartland
Sharks V JUTH FC
Bukola Babes V Zamfara Utd
Tornadoes V Crown FC
Wolves V Kwara Utd
3SC V Sunshine Stars
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
Competitions
National Tournaments

(i) Professional League
- Premier League
- National League Division One (A & B)

(ii) National Amateur League
- Division 1 (A - D)
- Division 2 (A - D)
- Division 3 Play-Off

(iii) Coca-Cola FA Cup (Challenge Cup)

(iv) All Financial Institutions Football Competitions (CBN Cup)

(v) Senate President Cup

(vi) Female Amateur League
- Division 1 (A - C)
- Division 2 (A - C)
- Super Cup (League winners)

(iv) Female Challenge Cup
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2010
Gombe Utd to camp in Bauchi for new season

Gombe United has concluded arrangements to set a pre-season camp in Bauchi to prepare for the new season.

Coordinator of the Club and Special Assistant to the Gombe Governor, Farouk Yarma told NPL official website that the team will travel to Bauchi on Wednesday where they will stay till the start of the new season in September.

“We have decided to take the welfare of our players and we are starting with the camping exercise in Bauchi. This will enable the players concentrate on the task ahead.

“We are doing this because we need to prepare very well so we can challenge for the trophy next season. The Sate Government is ready to support the team and I am so sure that at the end of the league next season, Gombe United will rank amongst the best teams.

“We are prepared and everything will be put in place to make sure we put smiles on the faces of our supporters,” Farouk boasted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.