Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) (22567 Views)

Poll: Allowing Nigerians to carry arms in self-defence will:

Reduce the fighting: 40% (34 votes)
Intensify the fighting: 59% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! / What Utter Madness - Civil Defence Corps Now To Carry Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by bawomolo(m): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2009
You will agree with me that Nigerians loves power and anything to achieve that power is what they will do, if puling the trigger at every opportunity they get will, they will do it, besides, how do u think they settles scores at the night club with a dude checking out their babe, or how would they tell a bus conductor to shut up, if he refuse to respect them, My guy, Nigeria is not ready for such.

what gun control people don't understand is that bad people get arms illegally. How many people do you think commit crimes with Registered guns?  It's people that want to protect themselves who would exercise this right.

Gun's are on the streets already, there should be a way to account for them.  Barring a felony, people should have a right to bear arms.  You also have to undergo Psychological tests before getting one.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Fhemmmy: 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
bawomolo:

what gun control people don't understand is that bad people get arms illegally. How many people do you think commit crimes with Registered guns?  It's people that want to protect themselves who would exercise this right.

Gun's are on the streets already, there should be a way to account for them.  Barring a felony, people should have a right to bear arms.  You also have to undergo Psychological tests before getting one.
If ilegal stuff is already n the street, guess where it would be when made legal, even a 10 year will own few
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by realcele: 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2009
Before you know it no one will be left in Nigeria except dont with ayeta (integrated bullet proof) grin. Giving everybody gun is a bad idea as Africans could be very aggressive. My opinion is that people should have freedom to choose whatever they believe it. Islam or Christian is not originally Nigerian. The governement should work more towords controlling the extremist and not gun. Gun will do more harm, it could mean more thives, more wasting of live when thieves attack.
I dont know why Nigeria always copy copy expecially the bad things. In Western countries where guns are legalised, bullets fired are accounted for and some unlawfuly killing still exists.

Christians self you don forget thou shall not kill. Abi that one don change too 21st century christinity
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2009
So far your government has not even shown it is serious with the police, let alone controlling extremists in the country. Na now them go start?
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by mustafar1: 11:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
its might actually make things better in nigeria, we get rid of everyone, those that are left would sign peace treaty and decide to invade other countries instead. thereby increasing the scale of mayhem we currently have. hehehehe grin
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by preselect(m): 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2009
giving guns to an already chaotic society? . . hmmmn
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by ElRazur: 11:41pm On Feb 24, 2009
christ4mi:

shocked shocked cool tongue The truth is gradually coming to light, I knw right from beginnin CAN is a terrorist organization. I have seen CAN led churches keeping guns in the so called place of Worship. I am an ex christian. Now I chose to be a democratic[b] scientologist [/b]as my religion. Because Biblie is a false book. The Full naming of CAN is collection Anti Nigeria. What do u knw with gun laws Only terrorist believe in using Gun. U are a disgrace, mess CAN, if u wanna be down with CAN mess u and fucking momma, I make sure all ur offspring do not grow, Bitch out punks!

Scientologist? Please don't make me laugh. I suggest you go read up on how your religion was formed and what your beliefs are.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Runsmoney(m): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2009
@christ4mi ur post is soooo, senseless i dont knw wat 2 call u matta of fact ur just a fool 4 callin d bible jus pray mk dem no legalise guns 4 9ja u knw d first person wen i go come afta yes u guess rite u,
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by nazzyon(m): 12:05am On Feb 25, 2009
In a country where just because of a little misunderstanding people go in and return with either a knife or bottle. Encouraging the use of guns is a big step towards approving innocent peoples death with license.

Even judges will get tired of cases where people will always claim "Self defense" [/b]in courts.[b] "Your Lordship, I am not guilty"

Why should a religious organization raise such an idea?

I am very angry with CAN right but will hold my piece because my words might offend some and I do not wish to start any argument or accuse anyone of anything.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by bawomolo(m): 12:25am On Feb 25, 2009
If ilegal stuff is already n the street, guess where it would be when made legal, even a 10 year will own few

what country is it legal for a 10 year old to bear arms?

do you think 10 year old gang bangers care about getting a gun license?
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:01am On Feb 25, 2009
Why do we want to be American so much?
Nigeria's problem is not security, its corruption. Get rid of corruption and Nigeria will be a peaceful abode
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by udezue(m): 1:56am On Feb 25, 2009
Christians should learn to arm themselves to da teeth since the feds are not ready to curtail fulani muslims violence against them. Where my Igbo peeps @ who sabi make guns and bombs? God helps those who help themselves so don't expect miracle when a moronic blood thirsty hausa man is charging @ u with weapons ready to kill.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by udezue(m): 1:57am On Feb 25, 2009
That scientologist chick is stupid. grin

Go do Olumba Olumba, Shango or any African religion and holla @ me. Now we'll know u don arrive.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by donugapi(m): 2:51am On Feb 25, 2009
Story!!!!!!!!!!!
Me i get my UZI under my car seat, Any mofo that comes to my window in traffic and wants to try rubbish would go and visit baba God sooner than he expected, GUNS SHOULD BE ALLOWED, PERIOD
Forget religious crisis. In lagos, just like a car and okada helmet is a necessity, GUN NA NECESSITY,
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by neltzlink: 3:16am On Feb 25, 2009
There is nothing absolutely wrong in carrying of arms as self defence. Take a look at the northern people, every body should be equally allowed
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by NegroNtns(m): 4:31am On Feb 25, 2009
No guns. Allowing guns will result in a rat race to acquire the baddest and most deadly weapon and the people with less arsenal will still be vulnerable and at risk, even though they have gun ownership.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by jamace(m): 4:52am On Feb 25, 2009
Some people have already armed themselves. There is no need for permission to make it official. Just ensure you have a small weapon to fight in self defence. Period. He that has ears to hear, let him hear o.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 25, 2009
I think CAN is anticipating Jihad. Let's be honest with our selves for once and stop being hypocrites as people like to call us. Issues are boiling up and it's not safe anymore. In less than three months we've had two religious crisis. I think CAN is right on this one.

People already carry arms in Nigeria. I have lived in Port Harcourt where they once had a shoot at sight law (when I was in High school). I don't know if it's still in place though. Even then, boiz still de waka with shakabula that once you shoot you have to throw it away cause it gets hot after firing. grin grin grin
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Moonstone(f): 5:18am On Feb 25, 2009
I agree with 9jaganga. It's crazy that there are all these crises but Nigeria is law-deficient. Whether they pass the law or not, adults will still carry arms if they want. How else do boys of 14 carry guns around?

This is better in places where there is so much abrasion between religions. In places like Lagos,we have no need for more guns. We have too many. They should restrict the law and I can't believe CAN is condoning self-defense so early but I like the fact that they recognize the need for this.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by bawomolo(m): 5:24am On Feb 25, 2009
The question is why should a religious organization support the use of guns. Shouldn't they be promoting peace and harmony. It just comes off as a bit odd.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Moonstone(f): 5:32am On Feb 25, 2009
bawomolo:

The question is why should a religious organization support the use of guns. Shouldn't they be promoting peace and harmony. It just comes off as a bit odd.
I was going to ask the same thing but then if their people are getting killed, I think they deserve to have some form of protection. I don't think Pepper Spray and Tasers work in Nigeria though .
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 25, 2009
Nigerians can never stop being hypocrites! angry

Its such a shame that people are trying to write CAN off for trying to protect her people.
Where were all these moronic critics when the state governments, some islamic societies and northern elites sponsor these genocides? Even the FG keep pretending nothing happened but becomes very powerful when it comes to harmless journalists in diaspora.
As for me, there's nothing odd about what CAN is agitating for giving the situation at hand. The body has been preaching peace for ages with no avail.
They cant keep letting their wards be roasted like chicken all because they are trying to be christ-like, a situation the islamic jihadists in the north have taken advantage of.

CAN have been trying to make it clear for sometime now that their peace move should not be mistaken for weakness, so am glad that they have finally brought up an idea that would guarantee the safety of christians, Igbos and other nigerians in the so-called "one nigeria".

Since yaradua is not really concerned about what happens to christians and Igbos in nigeria; then I lend my full weight behind the recent statement coming from CAN.

Self defense is very necessary in the northern nigeria.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by dustydee: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2009
@Christ4mi
The devil must be happy with you,smiling and saying "welcome to hell my son". cool
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2009
I hope them assholes POLITICIANS are all ears grin, cos am going to start killing them bastards as soon as approvals is given 4 gun usage, i already have bomb action with 3 marks 4 for each of my children. grin grin . Chei! Enough blood shed by Nigerians, with Nigerians, for Nigerians an To Nigerians. Big Toast to Stupid CAN Initiative! Long live CAN! Long live Guns & crime, Long live Nigeria. grin
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 25, 2009
@Christ4mi, u are a Bloody asshole BaSTarD, U Reason like my puppy back door! grin scientologist ma ass. Go read Matthew 24 : 1 - the end and see for urself what the Bible says about end times, wen perilious times and days shall come where u shall begin 2 expeirience the unbelievable. I just can't imagine such an idea coming from the mouth of C.A.N. Better seek for REPENTANCE and be saved b4 Jesus Christ will appear in the clouds , sad
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by superboi(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2009
Quote from: bawomolo on Today at 05:24:16 AM
The question is why should a religious organization support the use of guns.  Shouldn't they be promoting peace and harmony.  It just comes off as a bit odd.
CAN is just making this statement just to send a message to the goverment, "if you can't secure people let them secure theirselves the way the use generators to provide themselves electricity". those of you against the gun thing you should be also against the generator stuff to, after all it's also killing alot of people.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by eldee(m): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2009
I seriously don't blame CAN for making that suggestion.
Christian southerners have been pushed to the wall many times, but this is just the height of it.
For heavens' sake. . . idiots are burning people for nothing and the Governor will not even come out to condemn it?? It's outrageous.
Infact, why's CAN still waiting for any stupid bill? Let them do Charles Taylor style and import from neighbouring countries.
These people are milking this 'love your neighbour' thing.
It's high time we started a 'shoot that bigot in the name of Emmanuel' drive cheesy
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Phemzy(m): 11:01am On Feb 25, 2009
I can't blame CAN for such decision but one thing is that gun can never promote peace, if this gun are release, I believe the Northern Christian will lose more than before, so I think CAN should think about it again.

Making it legal in Nigeria is just an introduction crime, so let's forget about such an horrible development, so I think CAN should always think before talking.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by MaiSuya(m): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2009
Phemzy:

I can't blame CAN for such decision but one thing is that gun can never promote peace, if this gun are release, I believe the Northern Christian will lose more than before, so I think CAN should think about it again.

Making it legal in Nigeria is just an introduction crime, so let's forget about such an horrible development, so I think CAN should always think before talking.

fully concur
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by otokx(m): 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2009
Is it today that CAN now knows that President and VP have a "deaf" and "dumb" hobby? Some people are funny.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2009
brein:

@Christ4mi, u are a Bloody asshole BaSTarD, U Reason like my puppy back door! grin scientologist ma ass. Go read Matthew 24 : 1 - the end and see for urself what the Bible says about end times, wen perilious times and days shall come where u shall begin 2 expeirience the unbelievable. I just can't imagine such an idea coming from the mouth of C.A.N. Better seek for REPENTANCE and be saved b4 Jesus Christ will appear in the clouds , sad

LMFAO. in the clouds, lol
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Fhemmmy: 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2009
No matter who you are, when you are pushed to the wall, you will say things that wouldnt be expected of you, or even wouldnt have said on an ordinary day, i think we are all missing the point, CAN is probably tired of seeing Christians being killed like pigs and dogs all in the name of religion and all they think since the govt that ought to protect the citizens aint doing nothing, maybe people should be allowed to protect themselves, so try to reason, cos as a farmer, if someone keep killing your goat, talkless of your kids, you will wanna take law into your hands and kill them as well, however, on ordinary day, i am sure that CAN wouldnt have said such.
With all these being said, gun into Nigerian society freely will be a disaster.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019 Election : If We Lose In The Election, We Will Go Home And Rest - Amaechi / Obasanjo Casts His Vote For Governorship/House Of Assembly Candidates / Bauchi & Anambra Rank Highest In PVC Collection Rate With Over 98% (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.