Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) (22393 Views)

Poll: Allowing Nigerians to carry arms in self-defence will:

Reduce the fighting: 40% (34 votes)
Intensify the fighting: 59% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! / What Utter Madness - Civil Defence Corps Now To Carry Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2009
larez:

You do not believe in any kind of deterrence factors, but they are real and very practical. Passing gun ownership laws also comes with severe penalties for unregistered or illegal firearms. This all comes in a total package for the protection of the citizens. You must also know that owning firearms comes with serious responsibilities as well. There should be firearms training and certifications in the case of Nigeria. However, all men should have the unreserved rights to bear arms. No man should be subjected to living and dying as a victim. This is morally wrong, and CAN is on the right path in suggesting that the Government either steps up, or arm the citizens to protect themselves. This is indeed rational thinking.

i agree with you - i do not have the answers, or rather, our governemnt does not want to live up to its responsiblities

first off the  law means nothing in Nigeria.there are laws against prostitution, bigamy , corruption etc that are not followed. why should gun control be any different?

as to firearms training etal - there is no nigerian under the age of 35 with a drivers license that passed a driving test.

considering  the trigger happy nigerian police/army (who invented the term accidental discharge) do not expect any rsponsibilities to be taken seriously.

the solution would be to call in the army at the first sign of a crisis. in 2003, this was done in ilorin (though it was a political thugs, not fanatics at work) in some aprts of ilorin , after 7pm, everyone was walking with their hands in the air. woe betide you if you got caught with your hands by your sides.

larez:

We have to deal with the reality at hand. If your Wife, Brother or Sister had been slaughtered by some low-lifers for no reason at all, I bet you will be thinking different. The fact is that these cowards only attack the unarmed. Every freely born human being has a right to defend himself, especially from unprovoked attacks. We should stop trying to sweep the dust under the rug and keep getting the same results while wondering why.

i agree with you on this, but i'm afraid that this will simply lead to more pain of a different kind. a typical nigerian and power is not  a combination you want to see.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by PurestBoy(m): 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2009
ATTAHDYE:

From the replies and comments I have read so far it is clear that most of you have not travelled beyond Auchi or the closest you've been to the north is Makurdi. If you have, you will welcome CAN's proposal, believe me it is not easy sleeping with one eye opened because in a split second, the almajiri who you give food to everyday will be among those who will take you life with impunity!

Or is it been stoned by thesame boys because you're walking your girl friend home! How about the fellow you drink with, still ozing with beer will call you an unbeliver and kill you.

Leave story, if CAN can pull it, there will be peace in this country.

Forget about gun control-if you know that the next man has a GUN, you will think twice before you start and there will be PEACE.

That is the guns will control itself.

I think NOTOTSE and CHRIST4MI are the most IGNORANT contributors to this topic.

As for the bitch called christ4mi. Which of the Christ is for her? She wants to feel my wrath on this peaceful forum
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2009
PurestBoy:

As for the bitch called christ4mi. Which of the Christ is for her? She wants to feel my wrath on this peaceful forum

@ purestboy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ That Strengthen Me - your quote

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by PurestBoy(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2009
oyb:

@ purestboy

I Can Do All Things Through Christ That Strengthen Me - your quote

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What do you mean?
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2009
er. . . you should't be using such er. . . strong language - 'bitch' with a sig like that. . .
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by bawomolo(m): 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2009
People seem to have the idea that all kinds of arms would be allowed. Semi-automated and Automated guns would most likely be illegal. All you could get would be handguns etc.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Mowire: 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2009
The CAN position is the response to the wicked insensitivity displayed by both the federal and state govt.
If you follow this Bauchi story well, it was reported on the 1st day that the state governor had ordered the immediate deployment of armed police to the area and Yar Adua ordered deployement of troop. Then the christians went to sleep and the next thing the murderers came out again and neither the police nor the army were there.

That looks like govt conspiracy to me.

Gun for all qualified may just be what the murderers you people call jihadists need to restrain themselves
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by jamace(m): 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2009
Is there any law in this lawless country? The greatest danger one can put himself now is to wait on government for his safety. Please, protect yourself o.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Gamine(f): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2009
Handguns shocked

What a bummer! sad
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Wordsmith(m): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2009
*sigh*, typical Nigerian situation. we can all analyze issues, we can never create 'em. To those people that keep bringing up issues of drive-bys, tell that to the innocents slain in the next religious riot. As if there isn't anarchy already in the land. with or without guns, there has been and would still be violence. Little or non-availability of fire-arms didn't stop the Modakeke/Ife war, didn't stop riots plaguing the Northern regions. so far there was a weapon, it didn't stop the bloodshed from happening.

None here is in the thick of it, we can all stay in our hidey-holes shit-talking everyday, all day long about how much violence gun posession would bring when we are apt to forget this people have been pushed to the wall. this isn't just about the future, it is about safeguarding the present for the future and if firearms (however much i dislike it) help achieve that objective, then so be it.

Like X once said, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". . .
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by lana1878(m): 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2009
its long overdue not only for self defense but to blast those wicked and self centered danfo drivers
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47am On Feb 27, 2009
ALL MAN FOR EHNSELF!!

I believe that every Nigerian old enough to enter the University sef should hve the right to bare arms.

My daddy has always owned atleast two guns at every point in time he lived in Nigeria.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by PurestBoy(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2009
Okija_juju:

ALL MAN FOR EHNSELF!!

I believe that every Nigerian old enough to enter the University sef should hve the right to bare arms.

My daddy has always owned atleast two guns at every point in time he lived in Nigeria.

Ara ga gba n di Hausa.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by JustGood(m): 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2009
did I hear someone say Nigeria might just become the next 'Congo'?
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by lawwyblack(m): 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2009
FOR A GREATER NIGERIA IN OUR LIFETIME VISIT http://greenwhitepolls.com/ UR OPINION IS ALL WE NEED TO MAKE NIGERIA BETTER
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2009
imagine a gun free naija. na for traffic light them go dey sell ak47
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Outstrip(f): 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2009
Nigeria is the last place to give everyone the right to walk around with guns in their pockets or purses. It is even ridiculous to think it. Nigeria ke. I laugh.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Gamine(f): 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2009
Soon!

Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Becomrrich: 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2009
Mowire  , i have ask where do this people get thier guns from to kill our people when they go to the north. I can tell you from the Nigeria military and police. and some of them get involve. it is most pre plan against us.

Outstrip I do not agree with you. I do not believe in violent. and I am a born again christain. So my religion is against it. but when you look at the USA. they have the right to carry guns. It protect thier liberty .

And it protect the fact that they can not be cheated. In the USA an arm robber just not just walk into your house easy. he thinks very well, because he dont know if you have more weapon than him. There have been many cases when Home owner take down arm robbers.

If they introduce it, Police can not stop you on the way and robber you calling it check point.

If it is introduce Prof Iwu can not claim he is God again. Because if he does, Prof Iwu would go and meet the real God. you get what I am saying. that why there is no rigging in the USA. Look if you rig, America would blow up your brains.

If we introduce it, Mr makama can not tell us he did not count the people of lagos. because we would first test mr makama to see if he can count the number of bullet in guns before he get the job. you get what I am saying.

Look, Nigeria would become a better place, because noman can cheat you of you right. If he does he would think first of what you gun size looks like.

Many countries have it to protect the right of thier citizen . Look if any president of the USA decided he want to stop american from having a weapon , 80% of american would not agree.

If we introduce it, there would never be military coups in Nigeria. The advantage is more than the disadvantage in a normal society. but i am against violent too and any form of abuse. I am for peace.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Outstrip(f): 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2009
You have the right to bear arms in the united states but you sure as hell cannot walk around with a loaded gun. THAT IS A CRIME except maybe in texas. Lawlessness is the theme of the day in Nigeria. With the way people act right now (someone will chase his wife down the street and give her a sound beating and no one does a thing about it) we simply are not ready for such a law. You will hear of housewives shooting each other to death over something as silly as their children getting into a fight on the play ground. We do not even have the resources to investigate deaths caused by gun shots. How many police departments in Nigeria have access to to sophisticated crime lab that can prove that blood spatter signifies this or that a bullet wound was not self inflicted. This is just a slippery slope. Nigeria is not ready for this. There are other ways to improve relationships. Just because we have not had a civil war in 3 decades does not mean that Nigeria is safe. You put guns in the hands of people that are still trying to heal from wrongs that have been done to them or in the hands of others who feel that other people are encroaching on their land you will see then that Nigeria is not as stable as you think it is.

PS my dad had a gun when we lived in Nigeria but you had to get a license to do that. Do they not issue such guns anymore. You definitely could not conceal t though. t was the double barreled one
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by ScanLess: 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2009
Becomrrich:

Mowire  , i have ask where do this people get thier guns from to kill our people when they go to the north. I can tell you from the Nigeria military and police. and some of them get involve. it is most pre plan against us.

Outstrip I do not agree with you. I do not believe in violent. and I am a born again christain. So my religion is against it. but when you look at the USA. they have the right to carry guns. It protect thier liberty .

And it protect the fact that they can not be cheated. In the USA an arm robber just not just walk into your house easy. he thinks very well, because he dont know if you have more weapon than him. There have been many cases when Home owner take down arm robbers.

If they introduce it, Police can not stop you on the way and robber you calling it check point.

If it is introduce Prof Iwu can not claim he is God again. Because if he does, Prof Iwu would go and meet the real God. you get what I am saying. that why thier is no rigging in the USA. Look if you rig, America would blow up your brains.

If we introduce it, Mr makama can not tell us he did not count the people of lagos. because we would first test mr makama to see if he can count the number of bullet in guns before he get the job. you get what I am saying.

Look, Nigeria would become a better place, because noman can cheat you of you right. If he does he would think first of what you gun size looks like.

Many countries have it to protect the right of thier citizen . Look if any president of the USA decided he want to stop american from having a weapon , 80% of american would not agree.

If we introduce it, there would never be military coups in Nigeria. The advantage is more than the disadvantage in a normal society. but i am against violent too and any form of abuse. I am for peace.

My guy you spoke excellently well, you know that in USA over 62% say they are christians, and 42% of that number say they are evangelical christians. yet over 80% wont agree to have their guns taken away from them. we are only deceiving ourselves in 9ja thinking we are righteous. i have always said that turn the other cheek dont mean submit your head to almajiri machete. look we are already burning robbers and all these OPC, Bakassi boys syndrome is just the people's  response  to the insecurity and unwillingness of govt / police to protect the citizens. let me tell you it will not be long before nigerians will start buying AKs and Uzzi in large quantities for themselves whether govt likes it or not cos we've come to the point of security meltdown, yes, point of anarchy angry
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Becomrrich: 8:39pm On Feb 27, 2009
if you claim that someone who chase his wife on the street and beat her, with the right to bear gun she would just blow up his head.

You forget that in Nigeria too, so women abuse thier men and beat up thier men too. It is vise visa.  Alot of Women are abussive wives too.

there are many program set up to help women  who are abusive to thier husband over here.  Some women are abusive too. 

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ei=EkGoSbmBDo6gMpernM4C&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=abusive+wife&spell=1   

It is vise visa.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Becomrrich: 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2009
some of the program teach you how to handle an abusive wife. and many website too

batteredmen.com
www.abusedmen.com
menweb.org/battered/bathelpnatl.htm
www.heart-2-heart.ca
safe4all.org
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by bestofthisyear(m): 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2009
If traffic isn't managable in Naija, how will guns be any better?
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Becomrrich: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2009
why do you think traffic is not managed well in nigeria. because no law. A policeman block the street , collecting wazobia or bribe that why we have traffic problem. If the policeman know that the people in thier cars have guns to kill him, he would stop collecting bribe and would do his work.

And traffic would flow since no police collecting wazobia or bribe. 

But inplace of this gun issue, we have an alternative to stop all this cheating. And that is for president Yar adua and the north to support with full heart, the movement to have Yorubas in Benin republic and all your problem would be solve.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Becomrrich: 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2009
You know what I mean.

Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by JJYOU: 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2009
Becomrrich:

if you claim that someone who chase his wife on the street and beat her, with the right to bear gun she would just blow up his head.

You forget that in Nigeria too, so women abuse thier men and beat up thier men too. It is vise visa.  Alot of Women are abussive wives too.

there are many program set up to help women  who are abusive to thier husband over here.  Some women are abusive too. 

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ei=EkGoSbmBDo6gMpernM4C&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=abusive+wife&spell=1   

It is vise visa.
i think abuse is what most women in naija do comfortably.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Becomrrich: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2009
Nigeria women do not know that they are abusive wives, most of them are, because the society do not know that some of what the women do is abusive.

A Nigeria women does not see the emotional pain she cause her husband in verbal abuse and something physical abuse. they think it is normal.

A nigeria woman does not say I love you , they claim they do not show thier emotion. another form of abuse.

Black women tend to have bad temper, and do not believe it is abusive. it account for the high % of high blood pressure among nigeria women.

Many thing nigeria women do to thier men are abusive. It destroy love and destroy the mental balance of a husband.

Most nigeria women would be classified as abusive wives if they lived abroad because they do not know better.  they feel to be abusive is normal.

An average nigeria women is an abusive wife.

It takes trainning for them to know how to love thier husband and treat them well.

This account for why most Nigeria men abroad are married to white women .
And also account for why most Nigeria women abroad do not have husband, because the Nigeria man would prefer not to be in an abusive relationship and they would rather marry white women who have learn to love and treat thier men well.

It is the way you treat your husband, nigeria women do not treat thier husband better like white women have learn to do. White women worship thier husband. And that why white women are in all position in the USA. No one promote a person with bad altitude.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by JJYOU: 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2009
Becomrrich:

Nigeria women do not know that they are abusive wives, most of them are, because the society do not know that some of what the women do is abusive.

A Nigeria women does not see the emotional pain she cause her husband in verbal abuse and something physical abuse. they think it is normal.

A nigeria woman does not say I love you , they claim they do not show thier emotion. another form of abuse.

Black women tend to have bad temper, and do not believe it is abusive. it account for the high % of high blood pressure among nigeria women.

Many thing nigeria women do to thier men are abusive. It destroy love and destroy the mental balance of a husband.

Most nigeria women would be classified as abusive wives if they lived abroad because they do not know better.  they feel to be abusive is normal.

It takes trainning for them to know how to love thier husband and treat them well.

And also account for why most Nigeria women abroad do not have husband, because the Nigeria man would prefer not to be in an abusive relationship and they would rather marry white women who have learn to love and treat thier men well.

It is the way you treat your husband, nigeria women do not treat thier husband better like white women have learn to do. White women worship thier husband. And that why white women are in all position in the USA. No one promote a person with bad altitude.

hehe as someone here would say. i hope you have some towels ready for the blood bath. the femi-nazis are coming after you bros.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Outstrip(f): 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2009
Black women are so abusive it raises their blood pressure. Just hush up and stop being ridiculous. Is it a lie that every single Nigerian culture is okay with beating your wife? I bet you cannot say it is a lie. Our culture allows it. Those who chose not to use their wives as punching bags do it because they chose to do it on a personal level. If it is left to our culture men would be totally useless and still be proud of themselves because they wake up in the morning, take a shit and wipe their own asses. You have to do more now for women to be impressed by you. If a woman is putting her all into the marriage the man is also expected to do the same. I don't know why you are getting all defensive because I said that a country that allows a man beat his wife down and not do anything about it is not ready to arm it's citizens just because the citizens say so.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by mustafar1: 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2009
Becomrrich:

Most nigeria women would be classified as abusive wives if they lived abroad because they do not know better.  they feel to be abusive is normal.

And also account for why most Nigeria women abroad do not have husband,
because the Nigeria man would prefer not to be in an abusive relationship and they would rather marry white women who have learn to love and treat thier men well.

i just dey gbadun this guy. he stays consistent with his views not like a few people on here who flip flop as they deem fit. aside from the fact that he uses google images to back most points up i think he is awesome. he stays solid on what he thinks is right, his posts makes a good laugh always
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2009
This is terrible stuff!! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ihedioha Denies Hosting Tambuwal / Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances / NBA Names Building In Honour Of Akeredolu, Chief Solanke (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.