Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production (51434 Views)

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / JUST IN!!! Buhari Not Jonathan Responsible For Recession - CBN / Jonathan Responsible For PDP Crisis — Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Wildrage: 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
what is this barca's yesman saying again? undecided when will u ever makesense? You call it mere forecast? Something that was forecasted to function in 18months begins to function a year earlier because power changed hands. SMH for U. And na person born u o!
Next

Next month is still a forecast, you can only roll out the drums when the maintenance works starts yielding the desired result as promised
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by taharqa: 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
hopilo:
OP you only highlighted what GEJ did wrongly or rightly. Your submission would have been complete if you mentioned PMB Policy actions that made the magic. So please let have those actions well stated.

OK...

Someone else also has his thinking cap on.... This is really not a debate until this small part left out by the 'cunning' OP is dealt with.

Passingshot, we are waiting for you...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
StOla:

You are a pathological dullard.

Delivery dates have suddenly changed within a period of 4 months and the completion is now just a month away, yet you still find it unreasonable that a criminal collusion existed between the government and the beneficiaries of our sorry state of affairs.

Meanwhile the minister was already planning to sell off the same assets we are to now enjoy.

You are a dream citizen of an enemy within posing as a patriotic government.

Change couldn't have come at a better time.

Because of funding challenge, they spread same funding over 18months...

Why not go back and count same from that month and see how logical you're...

Then also show me an evidence where buhari either paid, or approved or initiated anything towards these refineries...

Fashola who you worship has delivery date of June 2013 for his rail...check today's date and tell me the state of the project and whereabouts of billion dollar loan borrowed for same...

Should we vilify or thank Jonathan for having his contractors deliver earlier that scheduled

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Now I get it, u dhe date h a u sa man abi?

Oga leave that side

Who like anenih for edo? That time way if riot dey for edo na him hotel dem first dey vandalise......abeg forget that one

If na hausa man go make naija better....where's the problem in that??

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by PassingShot(m): 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
hopilo:
OP you only highlighted what GEJ did wrongly or rightly. Your submission would have been complete if you mentioned PMB Policy actions that made the magic. So please let have those actions well stated.
Did you read the conclusion part where I stated PMB's resolve to probe NNPC? His non-recognition of the subsidy? Please read it again.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Imokay: 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
APC were crying for absence of subsidy provision in 2015 budget to the amazement of all Nigerians because they had no clue of President Jonathan's plans on how to go around subsidy in 2015.

Goodluck Jonathan and his economic team have worked out how to manage low crude prices and still keep the country flying hence the overhauling of all the country's refineries.

Ask yourselves, Why should Jonathan drastically cut subsidy budget if the refineries were not going to work? Answer - He has taken care of our refineries

Remember, our refineries are outdated hence spares are difficult to assess because original equipment manufacturers have stop supporting the system.

They planned to force subsidy removal whether we like it or not afterall if Jonathan won the last election he won't seek another term.
One thing people should note is fuel prices is lower in the US compared to most European countries because oil is abundant in the USA. I don't understand why we should necessarily pay world prices with abundant oil reserves. It's even a sick idea to be importing majority of our fuel consumption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
Obiagelli:

Fuel subsidy payment dropped to 4 naira per litre around December 2014 about the time budget was designed

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/crude-price-decline-fuel-subsidy-payment-drops-n4-48litre/

And there was N10 reduction per litre of PMS announced and implemented by January, 2015

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/01/18/fg-reduces-pms-pump-price-n10/[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Seems you just got yoir head around "schizophrenic" as it's your preferred word of abuse nowadays.

The fact that as recent as February and March of this year NNPC was still looking to sign TAM agreement and promised 2016 as the date for our refineries to work , has rubbished all your arguments.

Keep your insults coming. I am more than immune to them, little boy.
and this translates to buhari the cause of the refineries to resume production...please school me with figures oo from the buhari point of view

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
CSTR2:
Idiott.
On one hand it is too early for buhari to stem the tides of bokoharam, yet it is not too early for buhari to claim another man's labours.
Replying to your thread beyond this would be a very stupidd thing to do.
Enjoy your self-delusion with your likes.
Bye.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Oga leave that side

Who like anenih for edo? That time way if riot dey for edo na him hotel dem first dey vandalise......abeg forget that one

If na hausa man go make naija better....where's the problem in that??
I hand u over to God!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Pascal181: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
Someone who cannot appoint ministers, SSG and other key officials hw can he fix refineries in just 3 weeks. Our own is dat let d refineries wrk and serve d country let whoever pleaset take d glory.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Firefire(m): 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
eleojo23:
Whether it is GEJ or Buhari that is responsible, all of that is just for political discussion and arguments.

What matters to Nigerians is that the refineries will finally start working and they get to spend less on fuel. Period.

Those who have the time can go ahead and engage in arguments and debate on the issue.

Buhary that is still struggling to form his cabinet ?

SGF unavailable

CoS unavailable

Ministerial list - infighting still ongoing among the 'civilian coup plotters'

I challenge you to show us where PMB ordered the refineries repairs.

I admit the cabal in oil sector are really powerful as admitted also by PMB

The same cabal are in our power sector.

Until we Nigerians come together to say enough is enough nothing like CHANGE can eve happen.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hand u over to God!!!!!
Oga mi...why na? cheesy
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
StOla:

You are so blind, you still do not see how a whole government was planning to deceive its citizens into believing the repair of refineries is rocket science, just to keep their cronies importing fuel and contributing to the fund raising appeals of their party.

Now the government has changed hands and the true state of things are being revealed.

Why did it take so long to achieve what could have been done for so little over 2 years ago?

I so much love this change.

With refineries at full capacity, Nigeria will still import fuel because daily consumption rate far outweighs domestic refining capacity...

Can you compare this with reduced subsidy funding in 2015 budget by Jonathan and see why he did that...

Have you not read here and even in the said post the challenge they have with original project contractors abi builders...Funding incapacitation?...etc

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Sure, passingshot. To the best of my knowledge, the refineries could have been fixed during GEJ's regime, but they chose to tell Nigerians a story that will give them enough opportunity to scam us till the end of their tenure.

I could remember vividly when the NNPC gave estimate of how much it will cost them to fix our refineries (in Feb 2015 b4 handing over), when they also gave us the duration of a year b4 it can be operational.

In NNPC's words:
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

I wonder what happened overnight that they are now saying it will begin to funtion by next month.

Now this is my "church mind"; if President Muhammadu Buhari refuses to jail any1, among those involved in this NNPC scam, the respect I have for him will reduce or even vanish. angry angry angry undecided
The refineries have been working albeit not optimally. Our greedy leaders have been refining oil but pretending to be importing it. I want to remind them that they'll reap whatever they sow;what goes around comes around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Fixcer(m): 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
if janathan knew this refineries wld strt work soon.... They wld hv bin shoutin it all thru dia campaign...
The truth is that if he(foolish jona) had won... Our refineries might strt 2016.... Infact it wld never even work.... Those wicked ppl surrounding d fool wld b playin wth d mumu's mind till 2019...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by hensben(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
.I believe the NNPC and the ministry of petroleum were not sincere about the real state of our refineries. They kept on telling Nigerians that they have signed turnaround maintenance, and yet no work on ground to show for it.In the past administration,we were told that turnaround maintenance takes between 6-12 months,but one wonders how this turnaround maintenance is taking few weeks to do.The bottom line is,our refinery was not as bad as we were made to believe, rather the agents of NNPC and ministry wanted the continuation of petroleum importation for their selfish interest.Its the body language of PMB,that has brought this new development.
Jorussia= Legend in the making...kudos bro for this statement.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Did you read the conclusion part where I stated PMB's resolve to probe NNPC? His non-recognition of the subsidy? Please read it again.
Oga which actions or miracles did PMB did in 3wks to get the refineries working? We demand an apology for this piece of trash there.

Lalasticlala, seun, these are fabrications that doesn't deserve to grace our beautiful FP.

Please bring back our Tonto dikeh stories back on Fp instead of this trash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by micrep3030(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
Only a dump person will say that buhari fix it in two weeks

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by doghorp(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
It is not buhari not about support for Jonathan or not .
it is wickedness of our leaders
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by 989900: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
I posted the below yesterday:

Personally (and I share this thoughts with a good number of Nigerians), I won't give credit to GEJ at all.

Reasons:

1. How can you feed on N1b/annum, fly air-crafts worth over N100b, pay trillions of Naira in 'scamsidy', while your petroleum minister accrued over N10b Naira flying chattered flights, and many other 'strangies', but not have N99b to fix the refineries?

2. How can he be told TAM would take 18 months ( to be completed in April 2016), and he didn't know better that, that was a big fat lie -- or was he in on it?

3. Since the Jan 2012 fuel subsidy brouhaha, it took him 33 months, to commence TAM -- 33!. In the same country where some people want Buhari's head 3 days after inauguration.

4. They said replacement hardware would take some while to sought and get into the country -- they had them in containers at Onne port long time ago.

5. If the elections/re-elections weren't coming up, he wouldn't have done 'jack'!

6. And if he'd won, the April 2016 earlier indicated completion dates would probably have been April 2019 (if not sold).

Questions . . .

Why are they all completed 10 months ahead of schedule?

Why would TAM maintenance in 2015 take 18 months, when it took just 5 months to get Warri refinery back online in 2000, when it was affected by fire?

Answer:

They were lying, TAM normally takes few weeks to couple of months for the size of refineries we have (100-150k BPD).
The only things that have changed so far are: change in administration, change in the way things are done, fear, fear of punishment.

Conclusion:

Jonathan's conniving and incompetence ruined this country.

The epileptic refineries is the major reason:
why the Naira is so weak
fuel is so expensive
there is no stable electricity
we have bad roads, and little, or no tangible infrastructural development
inflation eats up your income and more . . .

If you didn't benefit from the intentional redundancy of our refineries in terms of fuel subsidy money and the like, and you'r still getting GEJ's back, then we really have to dig deep into the dictionary to find a label for you. On the flip side, if you did benefit . . . 'can't fault your hustle.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by mek2002(m): 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
CSTR2:
Idiott.
On one hand it is too early for buhari to stem the tides of bokoharam, yet it is not too early for buhari to claim another man's labours.
Replying to your thread beyond this would be a very stupidd thing to do.
Enjoy your self-delusion with your likes.
Bye.

Do not be fanatical. Jonathan had already penciled our refineries for sale. He was waiting for his second tenure to accomplish it, unfortunately for him but fortunately for us he lost. For good one year, he consistently sold crude oil allocated to our refineries, thereby keeping keeping the plants dormant. One of its proof was the previous severe scarcity of petroleum products.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Burger01(m): 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
Buhari is the best thing for Nigeria nowsmiley
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by PassingShot(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
taharqa:

OK...

Someone else also has his thinking cap on.... This is really not a debate until this small part left out by the 'cunning' OP is dealt with.

Passingshot, we are waiting for you...
Read my conclusion part.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by FreeGlobe(f): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
Congratulations to the minister of petroleum General Muhammadu Buhari for restoring our refineries within a month I hope you will also work with the minister of defence General Muhammadu Buhari and find a lasting solution to boko haram and bring back our girls as soon as possible. nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Imokay: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Please tell Nigerians how Jonathan and his economic team would have managed N149b in 2015 budget without functional refineries?

Jonathan has hardly ever adhered to budget provision for subsidy, he started the practice of ballooning the subsidy payment by 4 to 5 times within one year as if Nigerians suddenly started drinking petrol or our population double within a year.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by 989900: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

It is really pathetic to be some of you...why not confirm the capacity of the four refineries and daily consumption rate of Nigerians before coming here to show your ignorance...

And what is the "daily consumption rate"?
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Seems you just got yoir head around "schizophrenic" as it's your preferred word of abuse nowadays.

The fact that as recent as February and March of this year NNPC was still looking to sign TAM agreement and promised 2016 as the date for our refineries to work , has rubbished all your arguments.

Keep your insults coming. I am more than immune to them, little boy.

I am not insulting you but telling you the truth about who and what you're... you slowpoke!c braggart...

Go back because you lack comprehension skill to your links and read them again...

They are talking about an action already executed but being reported in the present...

They engaged original builders who refused and recommended another group...pricing of new group was too high...they now engaged local engineers...which is what he's describing...his report wasn't a future action but a reportage of past event...

Hope I have taken it down to your comprehension level...onuku

I threw you a challenge initially... I repeat myself again... bring on any evidence of project initiation...project financing...project support by executive fiat or policy or whatever by Alhaji dogoyaro Buhari or become NL ediotic, sadistic, hypocritical, and deranged fellow...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by ElFenomeno1: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
If course… Who are the idi ots crediting GEJ for the imminent return to production of the refineries?!
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by neocortex: 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
Passingshot , I pity you and your generation , it grieves me that a supposed future parent can reason this way , what legacy , hypocrisy and deceit ? , do you hope to leave for your children, with people like you Nigeria surely is hopeless.
A man labored day and night for the refineries to work. But because he is no longer in power he shouldn't be accorded the honor due to him.

Except the aim of this article is humor ( in which it fails miserably) , I see no reason why any Mod who read the supposed "opinion" will put this on front page because the whole writeup lack a single evidence backing the writer's claim.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by StOla: 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Because of funding challenge, they spread same funding over 18months...

Why not go back and count same from that month and see how logical you're...

Then also show me an evidence where buhari either paid, or approved or initiated anything towards these refineries...

Fashola who you worship has delivery date of June 2013 for his rail...check today's date and tell me the state of the project and whereabouts of billion dollar loan borrowed for same...

Should we vilify or thank Jonathan for having his contractors deliver earlier that scheduled

I believe the OP already showed that the contracts were signed by the GEJ administration, given the dates detailed.

The crux of the matter is the deliberate intention to make a routine process seem like rocket science. Now that we have a change in government, the lies have stopped and we now have a progress we would not have had from the previous government that wasn't truly interested in prompt project delivery.

This is what Diezani had to say during the subsidy protests of January 2012.

"It is not in the interest of government to operate refineries."

We should vilify GEJ for being treated like a dunce by his own appointees. Yet we thank him for leaving the stage after we duly sacked him, saving us the effort to come drag him out of Aso Villa bedroom a la Laurent Gbagbo.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2015
u pple shld stop dis. we shld jst appreciate God and wish for the best. not saying is Mr A or B handwork.

meanwhile:

For ur OTG smartphones flash drive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tinubu Campaign Posters Emerge In London (Photos) / Senator Iyiola Omisore Eating With 'Commoners', Nigerians React To Photo / Fulaniman In Austria Attacks Nigerian Olympic Team, Says They Support Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.