Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production (51446 Views)

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / JUST IN!!! Buhari Not Jonathan Responsible For Recession - CBN / Jonathan Responsible For PDP Crisis — Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Champele(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
I'm changing my mind about this GEJ.his government was total mess.i've been ignorant of their atrocities.i pray they all answer for all their sin alive.from now on,i remain neutral and belong to no political party.#GEJnotmyHERO.FK U

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Johnsmartinyang(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
PassingShot:
Before March 28, 2015 Elections:

6. Feb 2015 - Nigerian Engineers to Repair Refineries for N99bn –NNPC
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation on Wednesday said it had engaged the services of in-house engineers to rehabilitate the country’s three ailing refineries at a cost of $550m (N99bn), down from the $1.6bn (N288bn) presented to it by foreign contractors.
The refineries are the Port Harcourt Refining Company, Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited and the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited.

The Group Executive Director, Refining and Petrochemicals, NNPC, Mr. Ian Udoh, stated that the corporation resolved to use indigenous engineers because it could not pay the bills of foreign contractors who were nominated by the original builders of the refineries.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

Still in March 2015:

7. March 2015 – NNPC to repair refineries with $550m
The Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of the nation’s refineries will cost $550million, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said yesterday. The corporation blamed the TAM’s delay on the refusal of the original builders of the four refineries to handle the maintenance contracts.
There are two refineries in Port Harcourt, one in Kaduna and another in Warri. They are all working below capacity, unable to meet the consumption demands of Nigerians. http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

8. As recent as March 6, 2015 - Refineries’ll be back on stream 2016 –NNPC
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, yesterday assured that the nation’s four refineries would be fully back on stream in the first quarter of 2016. The corporation also explained why the refineries have not been working optimally, disclosing that NNPC could not afford to pay the outrageous charges of its builders.

The corporation’s Coordinator, Corporate Planning and Strategy, Dr. Tim Okon, disclosed these while updating members of the Senate Committee on Petroleum (Downstream) on activities of the refineries.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/
June 18, 2015 - Nigeria’s refineries to resume production next month
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/nigerias-refineries-to-resume-production-next-month-official/

Going by the stated sequence of events in our refineries as given by NNPC, is there any link or development in the time past to warrant getting the latest news that our refineries will resume production in July?

The spokesman, Ohi Alegbe, stated that “the operations resume after a successful turn-around-maintenance (overhaul) of their facilities” but they didn’t just want to make noise about it! Who is fooling who?

Let GEJ’s supporters help us answer the following questions?
1. When has TAM of plants become an action conducted in secrecy?
2. When was the TAM awarded and to which company?
3. If local engineers were used, who paid the N99bn that was reported to be needed as recent as last February?

Conclusion
I am of the strong opinion that GEJ was completely fooled not only by Diezani and her cohorts but also by the sycophants he surrounded himself with. The man must surely be biting his fingers wherever he is currently. In not making our refineries work, the oil cabals saw a huge avenue to corruptly enrich themselves and they seized the opportunity through oil subsidies.

It is not unknown what PMB’s stand on fuel subsidy is. He has consistently maintained that the oil subsidy was a fraud and that he would look into why our refineries have not worked. PMB recently rubbished the fuel subsidy scam when he said “I don’t know what fuel subsidy means” - http://dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/20804-i-don-t-know-what-fuel-subsidy-means-buhari.

The president has also been reported to be set to probe NNPC N30trn unaccounted oil revenue under Jonathan - http://www.nationaldailyng.com/news/latest-news/4116-buhari-set-to-probe-nnpc-n30trn-unaccounted-oil-revenue-under-jonathan

The fact of the matter is that, NNPC’s top shots are aware of what PMB knows. They know him to know the workings of NNPC and our refineries having been a petroleum minister and a former Head of State. As such, it is reasonable to expect the corporation (NNPC) to act differently with him than what they did with GEJ.

The famous quote by Abraham Lincoln is very apt here:
“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

I therefore challenge any of GEJ's supporters and sympathizers to prove other

wise.
please firstly...if buhari in just abt a month of being sworn in could do dis dat OBJ and others cldnt do in years....by now too Boko Haram shld have died...or he shld at least be able to announce his kitchen cabinet......or settle states to pay salary.....or he shld by now know that there's no west Germany......buhari refineries kooo petrol price nii....no be dem sponsor peeps to sabotage dem refinaries? no forget ajaokuta steel complex too in ur assertions.....unam....

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by danla44(m): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
BugariPhobia is enough to make NNPC work. long live PMB. Jonathan is a coward.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Johnsmartinyang(m): 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Sure, passingshot. To the best of my knowledge, the refineries could have been fixed during GEJ's regime, but they chose to tell Nigerians a story that will give them enough opportunity to scam us till the end of their tenure.

I could remember vividly when the NNPC gave estimate of how much it will cost them to fix our refineries (in Feb 2015 b4 handing over), when they also gave us the duration of a year b4 it can be operational.

In NNPC's words:
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

I wonder what happened overnight that they are now saying it will begin to funtion by next month.

Now this is my "church mind"; if President Muhammadu Buhari refuses to jail any1, among those involved in this NNPC scam, the respect I have for him will reduce or even vanish. angry angry angry undecided

....sabotage is what happend sponsored wella by same peeps claiming victories today....big shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
@OP: the TANoids would eat you on this one!
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by raayah(f): 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
StOla:

You are a pathological dullard.

Delivery dates have suddenly changed within a period of 4 months and the completion is now just a month away, yet you still find it unreasonable that a criminal collusion existed between the government and the beneficiaries of our sorry state of affairs.

Meanwhile the minister was already planning to sell off the same assets we are to now enjoy.

You are a dream citizen of an enemy within posing as a patriotic government.

Change couldn't have come at a better time.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by mrkings84(m): 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
Who cares who makes it work?
My prayer is "God make these our refineries work" in Jesus name, Amen. U can join me shout Amen if u want them to work again.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by StOla: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
ogazi007:
Who is talking about Nigeria budget really?The past administration had no respect whatsoever for budgetary Provisions.We are all a witness to how they spent close to 2 trillion on fuel subsidy scam in 2010/11.Was that budgeted for?

Please remind them.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by tunde1200(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
Conclusion
I am of the strong opinion that GEJ was completely fooled not only by Diezani and her cohorts but also by the sycophants he surrounded himself with. The man must surely be biting his fingers wherever he is currently. In not making our refineries work, the oil cabals saw a huge avenue to corruptly enrich themselves and they seized the opportunity through oil subsidies.

It is not unknown what PMB’s stand on fuel subsidy is. He has consistently maintained that the oil subsidy was a fraud and that he would look into why our refineries have not worked. PMB recently rubbished the fuel subsidy scam when he said “I don’t know what fuel subsidy means”

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Clerverly:

So, Ngwakwe jonathan knew that the plants would work by July and you and Fani Kayode didn't use it for campaigns? Stop deceiving your gullible followers!

There is no political or intellectual capital to be derived from late delivery of projects ask any firm in the business of Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects.

Goodluck Jonathan was expected to have achieved this in 2012 after the partial removal of subsidies hence nothing to boast of until actualized.

Please face you business of rebranding Tinubu and keep away from technical discourse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by MaziOmenuko: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Prove your point with documented evidence.

I have provided you links of NNPC's positions as recent as March 2015.

What you call subsidy only existed in the imagination of those who believed in it. I can bet that up to 80% of subsidy claims is scam.

I said it yesterday, subsidy was a scam! The refineries had always been producing 19mill litres per day. The local fuel is circulate as imported fuel and FG pays (19 mill * N80 subsidy per litre) = N1.52bil per day! And 24hrs later, the scam is repeated.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
StOla:

Yet we had money to pay more as subsidy to friends of the president?
Yet we preferred to import at international price via licensed importers when the government could have taken charge of delivering the crude to a refinery abroad and getting its content worth of all crude oil fractions as postulated by Buhari, to meet up for shortages due to capacity limitations of our refineries?

I don't understand you bro...

1)Do we stop importation of fuel to avoid subsidy while refineries are dysfunctional?

2)Price of oil is not within the preview of Nigeria but internationally fixed by OPEC...wonder why buhari was ridiculed for saying he will fix oil price?...don't be ridiculous plzzzz

3)Hehehehe...oil business is not like akara or tomato business... just same reason why you guys criticized Jonathan on weapon purchase without knowing what's involved or process of such transaction...

4) With refineries at full capacity, Nigeria will still import fuel because daily consumption rate far outweighs domestic refining capacity...so subsidy remains tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
kaboninc:

This is one reason why subsidy has to go.

And go now!

Not at all...buhari said there's nothing like subsidy alongside his party...so any attempt to remove it would be challenged too...

If he tries to remove it; I support NLC...TUC...etc to embark on protest...demand salary increase...etc...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Imokay: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Good post...and after reading it....I am annoyed with NNPC.

Looks like someone in that NNPC was playing games not only with Nigerians...but also with GEJ.

Now that Baba is there..... grin

Still...the fact remains that even at full capacity.....we still need new refineries. Nigeria consumes about 40million liters of fuel daily. Our refineries at full capacity produce 19 million liters of fuel a day. We need new ones....and we will still be importing for now.

At 450,000 bopd,of the four refineries, they have the capacity to deliver 32 million litres per of petrol considering 45% conversion rate, with further cracking you can get more. That is if the 4 plants work at 100% capacity and you should also expect 12 - 16 million litres of diesel daily amongst other fuels.

19 million litres of petrol you quoted is barely 60% capacity utilisation.

If our daily consumption is officially 40 million, we don't need to import more than 8 million litres to meet the shortfall while another refinery is under construction. Dangote's refinery can be given crude to refine for NNPC, and be paid his normal margin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by atlwireles: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Just when Nigerians were groaning over the non-availability of petroleum products, hope seems to be on the horizon.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said on Friday four oil refineries will resume production in July.

Spokesman Ohi Alegbe said the two refineries in Port Harcout would begin operations after turnaround maintenance, followed by those in Warri and Kaduna.

Alegbe was quick to alert Nigerians over the fact that all the four refineries even at full capacity, cannot meet up with our demand on daily basis.

“Even when the refineries work at full capacity, they can only produce around 19 million litres of petrol per day,” he said.

“There will still be a shortfall of about 21 million litres,” he said, pointing out that Nigeria consumes about 40 million litres of petrol per day.

Nigeria, one of Africa’s top two oil producers, is forced to import most of its petrol products due to its ailing refinery system, which generally runs well below capacity, sometimes at just 20 percent, due to neglect and pipeline sabotage.

Major cities in Nigeria are recovering from a gasoline shortage despite the end of a fuel distribution strike as fuel marketers, who are still not importing due to money owed them, have agreed to distribute fuel brought in by the state oil company, NNPC.

Alegbe said the turnaround maintenance for the four refineries had been ongoing since November.

The NNPC has four refineries, two in Port Harcourt, one in Kaduna and another in Warri, but have been non-functional for some time forcing the country to import petroleum products.

http://nairametrics.com/all-four-refineries-will-produce-only-19-million-litres

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by dalass(f): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
geesampower:

Exactly. All of a sudden it was possible to repair the refineries with JUST 99billion naira while we spent over 4trillion naira subsidizing on imported petroleum products the same refineries cld be producing.
Wo that NNPC is certainly the MOST CORRUPT ORGANIZATION IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Billygee2u: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
CSTR2:
Idiott.
On one hand it is too early for buhari to stem the tides of bokoharam, yet it is not too early for buhari to claim another man's labours.
Replying to your thread beyond this would be a very stupidd thing to do.
Enjoy your self-delusion with your likes.
Bye.
the OP is as foolish as a donkey ass.
biggest dullard

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by philips70(m): 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
Jonathan was a criminal second only to Lawrence Nomayagbon Anini in the 5 years he held sway. The worst of Buhari's government will distant his best in the coming years. Thank God Nigerians did the needful. Tinubu, Amaechi and all of us the social media giants are heroes of inestimable value.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by kaboninc(m): 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Not at all...buhari said there's nothing like subsidy alongside his party...so any attempt to remove it would be challenged too...

If he tries to remove it; I support NLC...TUC...etc to embark on protest...demand salary increase...etc...

They shot themselves......

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by kaboninc(m): 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
philips70:
Jonathan was a criminal second only to Lawrence Nomayagbon Anini in the 5 years he held sway. The worst of Buhari's government will distant his best in the coming years. Thank God Nigerians did the needful. Tinubu, Amaechi and all of us the social media giants are heroes of inestimable value.

Another alternate for jpphilips?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
atlwireles:

You know 99% of the noise makers on this thread don't know this to be the real situation on ground.

Passingshot is leader of such partisan and smart by half 99%...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by scantee(m): 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
Arguing with APC E-rats is waste of time because they can never accept the truth.

God bless GEJ wherever he is.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by ogazi007(m): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You haven't heard, No more excess crude account/derivatives

Was there anytime there was 100% budget implementation?

How many times were supplementary budget forwarded to NASS to that effect?

Please show me evidence of the supplementary budget if you have any,and you can also add that of kerosine subsidy too just to put things in proper perspective of how the scam called subsidy was just another means to defraud Nigerians.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by dougivilla(m): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
sinkhole:
Thank God for those of us who voted for Baba o! If not so those refineries would have still be under TAM by now with another billions of dollars given out while the masses groan!
Next month is not far. let us wait and celebrate achievements not all these statements in future tenses. Campaigns are done and dusted!

On topic, OP, Nigeria does not have a minister for that sector or any other sector yet. Buhari is still basking in electoral victory, travelling the length and breadth of the globe. He couldn't have been responsible for this or any real change yet, because his government is yet to kick off.Nigeria is simply on auto pilot.

Remember that removal of subsidy or TAM was not a major campaign issue for GMB or APC. it was all about security, public declaration of assets, welfarism and antikwarrupshion. Can you please help us with a copy of APC's roadmap?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by atlwireles: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
kaboninc:

Another alternate for jpphilips?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by eleojo23: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
Firefire:

Buhary that is still struggling to form his cabinet ?

SGF unavailable

CoS unavailable

Ministerial list - infighting still ongoing among the 'civilian coup plotters'

I challenge you to show us where PMB ordered the refineries repairs.

I admit the cabal in oil sector are really powerful as admitted also by PMB

The same cabal are in our power sector.

Until we Nigerians come together to say enough is enough nothing like CHANGE can eve happen.

Mr. Firefire, why you come dey challenge me na? (Damn it, I was taking a nap and your mention of my moniker woke me up) angry cheesy

Truth is, you don't expect the OP to say that Jonathan is responsible. Don't you know him again?
My own point is, let the refineries work first and let's feel the impact. I bet most people are not interested in who did it, all they want is to feel the impact on their fuel expenses.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by philips70(m): 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
tunde1200:
Conclusion

It is not unknown what PMB’s stand on fuel subsidy is. He has consistently maintained that the oil subsidy was a fraud and that he would look into why our refineries have not worked. PMB recently rubbished the fuel subsidy scam when he said “I don’t know what fuel subsidy means”

Jonathan was never fooled. We are talking about a PhD holder who has worked in OMPADEC as a director here. He was head, neck and shoulders involved in whatever scam in NNPC. We are not fools! As we speak lots of management staff of NNPC have resigned and ran away. This is confirmed gists.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by ocelot2006(m): 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
adioolayi:
Are you pained? tongue

Nope. We're simply tired of your party's lies. Try harder.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by neocortex: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
Maghan37:
Well No thnks 2 blind,sentimental tribalistic bats like u who cannot see d truth right in front of dem dat lack objectivity dat dis country failed 2 move 4ward.

You just defined who you are.
You see everything through your myopic eye of "me vs them" hence your defence of absurd and insane propositions.
A little reflection might help.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Mogidi: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
CSTR2:
Idiott.
[size=15pt]On one hand it is too early for buhari to stem the tides of bokoharam, yet it is not too early for buhari to claim another man's labours.[/size]
Replying to your thread beyond this would be a very stupidd thing to do.
Enjoy your self-delusion with your likes.
Bye.

This sums it all up.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by ocelot2006(m): 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
danla44:
BugariPhobia is enough to make NNPC work. long live PMB. Jonathan is a coward.

What phobia? For a man that's still confused on how to lead the country? Nice joke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ben Ayade: 'I Married My Wife A Virgin' / Samuel Godstime Chukwubuikem Draws Jacob Zuma Within 2 Hours In Imo / Helicopter Shoots Passenger Boat In Rivers State, People Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.