Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,259 members, 7,953,994 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From (11925 Views)

Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? / Ladies;Which Ethnic Tribe Of Men Takes Proper Care Of Their Women In Nigeria? / Guys, Which Of These Ladies Will You Prefer To Go On A Date With This Weekend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by architez: 2:03am On Jun 29, 2015
A yoruba (or maybe lbo or hausa)... dunno.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by architez: 2:05am On Jun 29, 2015
Wait
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

you would have added saro woman na

or south africa. thats how your type normally does
I am not from a big family, I know d feeling and d loneliness I get, I want to make sure my children don't experience dat, at least 5kids from each of d wives.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
lygn19:

I am not from a big family, I know d feeling and d loneliness I get, I want to make sure my children don't experience dat, at least 5kids from each of d wives.

ok. but one wife with 3 or 4 children should be enough
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

ok. but one wife with 3 or 4 children should be enough
lol... I can't get 3 or 4kids from my wife, if I was to marry one wife, it wud be at least 6kids.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by GoodFaith: 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:
I'm Igbo and want to marry an Igbo but I don't care where his mother comes from. Just need the surname and compound, all other things na jare cheesy

hmmm reasons

I don't know ive just always preferred Igbo guys. just love em! grin

aside from that, wouldn't want to disappoint my parents/family

would worry that as the mother my culture wont be propagated as much as the father's side with children

I don't know im just not interested in other groups. I like the Yoruba swag but not to date/marry. I like Crossriver/ Akwa ibom guys too. but just to look at wink
You are going to be married for your parents
Marry for happiness
Good luck
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
GoodFaith:

You are going to be married for your parents
Marry for happiness
Good luck

that wasnt the only reason!! did you even read my post? angry
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
lygn19:
lol... I can't get 3 or 4kids from my wife, if I was to marry one wife, it wud be at least 6kids.

shocked I hope youre going to tell her this first?? so it wont be a shock/ point of contention
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by GoodFaith: 6:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

that wasnt the only reason!! did you even read my post? angry
sorry the world is become a global village
I know people born in Lagos who don't full understanding their culture
Kid leaving home to school in other countries
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by tpiander: 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
GoodFaith:

this is news because . . . . . .the babalawo said so?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
If I eventually get to marry it'll be any tribe but those Fulani chics fine walahi talahi. I have known only 4 Fulani chics ( 3 sisters and another lady ) and they are all fine chics.
I'm Yoruba by the way.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Did I mention though that the most beauriful girl I know is Yoruba
but marriage is a different ball game it shouldn't be judged by how you look.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
GoodFaith:

I didn't understand you
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ghanaian.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
i'm thinking fulani

but Yoruba dey interest me too.

but i cant for tge life of me, understand why i keep dating igbo girls
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
i'm thinking fulani

but Yoruba dey interest me too.

but i cant for tge life of me, understand why i keep dating igbo girls

LOL but which one are you?

its not compulsory to date them angry grin
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

LOL but which one are you?

its not compulsory to date them angry grin

of coz itz not compulsory to date them but itz not like you get to choose who u fall for. those just happen to be igbo girls and i dont know why.

I'M FULANI BY THE WAY.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

of coz itz not compulsory to date them but itz not like you get to choose who u fall for. those just happen to be igbo girls and i dont know why.

I'M FULANI BY THE WAY.

whattt really

I thought you guys don't like dating outsiders. are you fully Fulani or mixed with hausa, kanuri
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

whattt really

I thought you guys don't like dating outsiders. are you fully Fulani or mixed with hausa, kanuri

Mixed
(sounds weird wen u put it lyk dat)

but as for the "not dating outsiders" part

itz a rapidly fading culture(hallelujah!!!!!!)

of all my elder siblings, no one married a fulani wife or husband.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 9:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

Mixed
(sounds weird wen u put it lyk dat)

but as for the "not dating outsiders" part

itz a rapidly fading culture(hallelujah!!!!!!)

of all my elder siblings, no one married a fulani wife or husband.

that's good. where did they marry from?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

that's good. where did they marry from?
plateau state....
abuja(if it counts as a state to u)
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
but gurgle ,are you married or something ?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

plateau state....

abuja(if it counts as a state to u)

ok. so if you married an Igbo/ southerner your family wouldn't mind at all?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
but gurgle ,are you married or something ?

no; do I sound like I am?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Biggty(m): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
I will marry a Yoruba
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by RapLawd(m): 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
folajoseph:
If you were to choose a lady or guy to marry, which ethnic group would you choose from?

Please state your ethnic group and also give reasons why you prefer to marry from that ethnic group.

See jamb question!!!

Why not which ethnic group one will be in the next life!!!

#RapLawd

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

ok. so if you married an Igbo/ southerner your family wouldn't mind at all?

on the contrary, someone like my dad is gonna be over the moon.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

no; do I sound like I am?

nope, na just plain curiousity.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
RapLawd:

See jamb question!!!

Why not which ethnic group one will be in the next life!!!

#RapLawd

LOL wetin dey worry you grin

if you don't want to answer then don't

see misplaced anger cheesy
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

on the contrary, someone like my dad is gonna be over the moon.

seriously?

but is your family particularly open-minded or is it a norm now?

I thought you guys would be completely against it

wait what is your religion if you don't mind me asking
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by morethanadoll(f): 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
I've already dated Caucasian, black mixed with Hispanic, Trinidadian, and black American. It doesn't matter to me really as long as he is attractive and loves the Lord!
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

seriously?

but is your family particularly open-minded or is it a norm now?

I thought you guys would be completely against it

wait what is your religion if you don't mind me asking

while i wouldnt go as far as saying that inter-ethnic marriage is the new norm, it is more common-place now than it was before and more people seem to be embracing the idea. and my family has never set an ethnic embargo on anyone, "marry from wherever u want, just dont bring in troublesome characters".

OH, & I'm a christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Full Profile Of Lady Who Was Given N1k Instead Of N20k After Sex (Pic, video) / Photos:meet The Sexiest Woman On Earth / Perfectly Timed Picture Of A Baby And A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.