Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From (11568 Views)

Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? / Ladies;Which Ethnic Tribe Of Men Takes Proper Care Of Their Women In Nigeria? / Guys, Which Of These Ladies Will You Prefer To Go On A Date With This Weekend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

while i wouldnt go as far as saying that inter-ethnic marriage is the new norm, it is more common-place now than it was before and more people seem to be embracing the idea. and my family has never set an ethnic embargo on anyone, "marry from wherever u want, just dont bring in troublesome characters".

OH, & I'm a christian.

fair enough. "OH"?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

fair enough. "OH"?
i just nearly forgot to say wat my religion was, hence OH!!!!!!!!

going back to ur earlier comments on the thread, u seem fixated on igbo guys.
Haba!!!!!!!
giv we outsiders a chance na....
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

i just nearly forgot to say wat my religion was, hence OH!!!!!!!!

going back to ur earlier comments on the thread, u seem fixated on igbo guys.

Haba!!!!!!!

giv we outsiders a chance na....

I see.

yeah its just how I feel! was discussing it with someone today, she said its not necessary for her but it is for me!

cant imagine grooving to flavour in my living room and the guy asking "what does it mean??" (although I myself don't know what it means grin) no way!

cant wait to start ironing his Isi agu for him!

I wanted to add Fulanis to my list of "almost but not quites" but I don't think I have ever seen any of you in real life, youre like mythical creatures to me tongue

anyway it seems like you still have plenty of Igbo girls to choose from so fear not!! grin
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

I see.

yeah its just how I feel! was discussing it with someone today, she said its not necessary for her but it is for me!

cant imagine grooving to flavour in my living room and the guy asking "what does it mean??" (although I myself don't know what it means grin) no way!

I wanted to add Fulanis to my list of "almost but not quites" but I don't think I have ever seen any of you in real life, youre like mythical creatures to me tongue

anyway it seems like you still have plenty of Igbo girls to choose from so fear not!! grin

i have no idea what isi agu means but well....

FOR REALS?
u've never come across a fulani dude b4?

while i dont look like the stereotypical fulani guy

I THINK I MIGHT PASS FOR AN IGBO IF I WANTED.

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE LACK OF THE IGBO ACCENT.

BUT WAIT O

SO U DON'T SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND IGBO?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 11:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

i have no idea what isi agu means but well....

FOR REALS?
u've never come across a fulani dude b4?

while i dont look like the stereotypical fulani guy

I THINK I MIGHT PASS FOR AN IGBO IF I WANTED.

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE LACK OF THE IGBO ACCENT.

BUT WAIT O

SO U DON'T SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND IGBO?

ishiagu? that printed shirt with lions on it, that Igbo men wear for special occasions grin

yeah never. I only see you guys on the TV, or on bank notes...

what accent do you have? Fulani, Lagosian?

yeah not a word. its very bad Im trying to learn but to no avail

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

ishiagu? that printed shirt with lions on it, that Igbo men wear for special occasions grin

yeah never. I only see you guys on the TV, or on bank notes...

what accent do you have? Fulani, Lagosian?

yeah not a word. its very bad Im trying to learn but to no avail

more like a neutral accent, due growing up amongst non-native hausa speakers.

i speak fluent hausa, comprehend the fulani dialect but i can only reply in english or hausa.

and as for meeting a fulani guy, dat one must happen, we are the ultimate wanderers afterall.
&
u know dem say we get better genes, so try giv us small opportunity, ur children go just too fine.

#Long, waivey hair.

#light-skinned

#Slim

#alluring eyes

#fine nose

&
#ExtremelyBrilliant
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

more like a neutral accent, due growing up amongst non-native hausa speakers.

i speak fluent hausa, comprehend the fulani dialect but i can only reply in english or hausa.

and as for meeting a fulani guy, dat one must happen, we are the ultimate wanderers afterall.
&
u know dem say we get better genes, so try giv us small opportunity, ur children go just too fine.

#Long, waivey hair.

#light-skinned

#Slim

#alluring eyes

#fine nose

&
#ExtremelyBrilliant

lol but are you guys still wandering?

and its not all of you who possess those qualities. meanwhile im sure I could find an Igbo guy who does grin

Sorry but im not moved!

how similar are hausa and Fulani btw? culturally and linguistically?

I always wondered but I cant find an answer
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Rotimi47: 5:36am On Jun 30, 2015
lygn19:
I want to get married to 5 wives,
One Igbo,
One from north,
One from Yoruba,
One either Delta or Ikwerre,
And one Ghana or white lady.
You're wicked! Only you?

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 5:51am On Jun 30, 2015
Gurgle:

lol but are you guys still wandering?

and its not all of you who possess those qualities. meanwhile im sure I could find an Igbo guy who does grin

Sorry but im not moved!

how similar are hausa and Fulani btw? culturally and linguistically?

I always wondered but I cant find an answer
the nomadic ones are still very much present, you'll always hear abt dem in the news causing trouble for local farmers in states like benue and other violent stuffs.

hausa and fulani are on entirely different spectrums both culturally and linguistically,especially the dialect. an average hausa man has absolutely no idea how to speak or even comprehend the language.

it just happens dat some of the more popular fulani cultures are either extremely weird or probably illegal (or both).e.g incentous marriages and shādi (marriage rites), this involves the prospective husband getting seriously flogged in the abdominal region in front of the whole town. anyone who dies is considered weak and hencw wasnt deserving of the bride.

and so wen they become civilised, the only culture dat even remotely mirrors theirs and is accepted as the norm is that of the hausa people, so they adopt a lot of the hausa culture as theirs.

needless to say,religion also comes into play, & since the fulani are not muslims they try to blend in with the rest of society and gain acceptance,hence why most adhere to islam as it is the dominant religion in the north.

And of coz igbo guys try small, but when compared to us, they don't even come close. and 95% of the fulani do possess those features.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Goldmaxx(f): 7:34am On Jun 30, 2015
lygn19:
One Igbo,
One from north,
One from Yoruba,
is ikwere not an igbo speaking area? or dont we have igbo speaking areas in delta? why the distinguishion? kiss
lygn19:
One Igbo,
One from north,
One from Yoruba,
is ikwere not an igbo speaking area? or dont we have igbo speaking areas in delta? why the distinguishion?undecided
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 30, 2015
Goldmaxx:
is ikwere not an igbo speaking area? or dont we have igbo speaking areas in delta? why the distinguishion? kiss is ikwere not an igbo speaking area? or dont we have igbo speaking areas in delta? why the distinguishion?undecided
This are based on d Ladies in my life right now.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Kasimaramma2(f): 8:06am On Jun 30, 2015
Hmmn,i be deltababe.As long he is very wealthy,any tribe would be good...*bank alert turns me on*

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 9:05am On Jun 30, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
the nomadic ones are still very much present, you'll always hear abt dem in the news causing trouble for local farmers in states like benue and other violent stuffs.

hausa and fulani are on entirely different spectrums both culturally and linguistically,especially the dialect. an average hausa man has absolutely no idea how to speak or even comprehend the language.

it just happens dat some of the more popular fulani cultures are either extremely weird or probably illegal (or both).e.g incentous marriages and shādi (marriage rites), this involves the prospective husband getting seriously flogged in the abdominal region in front of the whole town. anyone who dies is considered weak and hencw wasnt deserving of the bride.

and so wen they become civilised, the only culture dat even remotely mirrors theirs and is accepted as the norm is that of the hausa people, so they adopt a lot of the hausa culture as theirs.

needless to say,religion also comes into play, & since the fulani are not muslims they try to blend in with the rest of society and gain acceptance,hence why most adhere to islam as it is the dominant religion in the north.

And of coz igbo guys try small, but when compared to us, they don't even come close. and 95% of the fulani do possess those features.

Fulanis are not muslims??! so what are they? isn't that part of the wandering lifestyle, so that they can propagate islam?

yeah I have heard of the flogging. with the marriages its first cousins right? which is permitted in Islam.

any other "weird" customs?

would you say you are very into culture?

and yeah maybe the ones Ive seen are mixed with other stuff. because some of them could be confused with any tribe
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by UnknownT: 9:24am On Jun 30, 2015
Igbo in Delta (Anioma) kiss
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2015
Gurgle:

Fulanis are not muslims??! so what are they? isn't that part of the wandering lifestyle, so that they can propagate islam?

yeah I have heard of the flogging. with the marriages its first cousins right? which is permitted in Islam.

any other "weird" customs?

would you say you are very into culture?

and yeah maybe the ones Ive seen are mixed with other stuff. because some of them could be confused with any tribe

they were originally traditionalists, and a lot are still practicing it to this day. itz just dat wen they take up a cause, they are relentless.

weird customs? o.k letz see...

Taking a new bride who just gave birth back to her parents house & preventin the ozband from seeing her till she weans her baby.

diz is done because the verile young grooms are also relentless in their hustling for their wife's vagina and before you know it, a nursing mom with a 3months old baby is already pregnant again.think of it as our version of family planning.

and no, i'm not into culture or at least not most of it as i dont want to be flogged or marry my cousin or some shìt like dat.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Goldmaxx(f): 11:06am On Jun 30, 2015
lygn19:

This are based on d Ladies in my life right now.
ok d ladies told you dat they ar nt igbo
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by rully2: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2015
An igbo guy. Btw i'm not igbo smiley
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

they were originally traditionalists, and a lot are still practicing it to this day. itz just dat wen they take up a cause, they are relentless.

weird customs? o.k letz see...

Taking a new bride who just gave birth back to her parents house & preventin the ozband from seeing her till she weans her baby.

diz is done because the verile young grooms are also relentless in their hustling for their wife's vagina and before you know it, a nursing mom with a 3months old baby is already pregnant again.think of it as our version of family planning.

and no, i'm not into culture or at least not most of it as i dont want to be flogged or marry my cousin or some shìt like dat.

LOL but you can leave the customs you don't like and practice the "good" ones.

I think that's a good custom grin more people should do it
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by slytubadth(m): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
Gurgle:
I'm Igbo and want to marry an Igbo but I don't care where his mother comes from. Just need the surname and compound, all other things na jare cheesy

hmmm reasons

I don't know ive just always preferred Igbo guys. just love em! grin

aside from that, wouldn't want to disappoint my parents/family

would worry that as the mother my culture wont be propagated as much as the father's side with children

I don't know im just not interested in other groups. I like the Yoruba swag but not to date/marry. I like Crossriver/ Akwa ibom guys too. but just to look at wink

what?? because of this i will search the lenght and breadth of this country to find u and when i find u, i will make u fall inlove with me then we shall see if ur above reasons will still stand or not. mind u am not igbo.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
slytubadth:

what?? because of this i will search the lenght and breadth of this country to find u and when i find u, i will make u fall inlove with me then we shall see if ur above reasons will still stand or not. mind u am not igbo.

oga you don't need to do that smiley there are plenty of women who will accept you, Igbo or not

which one are you if you don't mind me asking
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
Goldmaxx:
is ikwere not an igbo speaking area? or dont we have igbo speaking areas in delta? why the distinguishion? kiss is ikwere not an igbo speaking area? or dont we have igbo speaking areas in delta? why the distinguishion?undecided

lol nwannem just leave them. anybody who doesn't want to be part of us can go we don't need any of them.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
Kasimaramma2:
Hmmn,i be deltababe.As long he is very wealthy,any tribe would be good...*bank alert turns me on*

lwkmd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahaha
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by slytubadth(m): 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
Gurgle:

oga you don't need to do that smiley there are plenty of women who will accept you, Igbo or not

which one are you if you don't mind me asking

you self, you dont need to be selective. love conquers. you dont knw where u would find love. anyways i will still find u and marry u.
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
slytubadth:

you self, you dont need to be selective. love conquers. you dont knw where u would find love. anyways i will still find u and marry u.

I'm not being purposely selective I just like Igbo people/guys. when I hear the person's name I just feel happy lol grin

indeed love conquers

but you still haven't told me which you are!
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by IamLEGEND1: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
Gurgle:

LOL but you can leave the customs you don't like and practice the "good" ones.

I think that's a good custom grin more people should do it

i'd rather not adopt any.
besides, most will consider someone like me to be an outsider since i aint a muslim.

but i do realize how odd it might seem to some people, seeing a christian fulani, just like how i've never met a muslin igbo.

but are ur parents both igbo?

or u're a "MIXED" offspring too.?
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

i'd rather not adopt any.
besides, most will consider someone like me to be an outsider since i aint a muslim.

but i do realize how odd it might seem to some people, seeing a christian fulani, just like how i've never met a muslin igbo.

but are ur parents both igbo?

or u're a "MIXED" offspring too.?

but how did you get to being a fula Christian? did you convert or is your family like that

I have heard of some Igbo muslims but have never met one in person.

do you ever feel isolated from others in the community because of the differences in faith?

do you feel more aligned with southerners because of your faith?

and yeah both of them are
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Fulaboy(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
Gurgle:

I see.

ehnnnnn undecided

iamlegend1 INA gaisuwa smiley
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by slytubadth(m): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
Gurgle:

I'm not being purposely selective I just like Igbo people/guys. when I hear the person's name I just feel happy lol grin

indeed love conquers

but you still haven't told me which you are!
lolz...their names? .. its okay.......Edo State
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Fulaboy:
ehnnnnn undecided

iamlegend1 INA gaisuwa smiley

Malam Fulaboy, why would you quote me in a post I don't understand
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Gurgle(f): 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
slytubadth:

lolz...their names? .. its okay.......Edo State

yeah when somebody introduces themselves and its an Igbo name its great grin

really. so why are you chasing me? you don't want to marry from Cabo Verde like your able governor grin chai!
Re: Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From by Fulaboy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Gurgle:

Malam Fulaboy, why would you quote me in a post I don't understand
the part you said we people are like mythical creatures to you mesmerised me undecided and the last post I was extending my greetings to my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

..... / Funny Romantic Pictures / How To Finger A Women. Learn These Great Fingering Techniques To Blow Her Mind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.