Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,105 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262992 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Olubachar(m): 8:43am On Jul 29, 2009
@twinstaiye

Mytv (strong):Pin code

Anyone that has a My Tv code for any of the locked station can kindly drop it here, Example South African 'e' code is 6969, If you have anymore codes please drop them here.Thanks

Please, Delete this subject from subjects list.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2009
pitodenz:

@ Badaru/Desjam
                             From what i can get from satmac it seems humax and yumatu can open orbit network with key pls confirm.

@ pito,

both receivers support card sharing for orbit at present.but there are no keys for orbit network now.

the abracadabra and coco card opens orbit channels on nilesat at present.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:41am On Jul 29, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
It is a big relief for me concerning the starsat. At least apart from the money it will
save me the stress of sending it to the north.

Are you back from the jungle? 'Cause I'm thinking maybe I will like to participate in the
testing of those dishes of yours. Also, I will use the opportunity to collect that stuff
we discussed earlier. Looks like the time I will be needing it is fast approaching.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:57am On Jul 29, 2009
@pitodenz,
You sure say that badr wey you dey go favour you so? grin A lot of
good stuff are happening on nilesat now o! Orbit+showtime rocks!
I was watching 'dark matter' on super movies channel last night
men, it was tough! Maybe you should reconsider joining the family
after the rains o! smiley

@Dejsam,
What is happening to coco? Looks like support for the usb upgrade
is fast diminishing. All I see when I check the usual sites is the file
for programming. Before the usb version comes out, either it is dead
already or remains one or two days to expire. We are not enjoying
the Coco at all o!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 10:23am On Jul 29, 2009
George_D:

@pitodenz,
You sure say that badr wey you dey go favour you so? grin A lot of
good stuff are happening on nilesat now o! Orbit+showtime rocks!
I was watching 'dark matter' on super movies channel last night
men, it was tough! Maybe you should reconsider joining the family
after the rains o! smiley

@Dejsam,
What is happening to coco? Looks like support for the usb upgrade
is fast diminishing. All I see when I check the usual sites is the file
for programming. Before the usb version comes out, either it is dead
already or remains one or two days to expire. We are not enjoying
the Coco at all o!

@ george d,

congrats once again on ur starsat receiver.u know i also told u to confirm it b4 sending it down by doing a factory reset of the receiver first.

the last coco update still have showtime running.it seems its becos of the instability of art that is affecting the usb port update.as it always goes down frequently making the update difficult.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2009
@ adewest. Check out my profile.May be we have something in common.As regards the MPEG4 issue,I am only trying to advise our members to be patient to avoid making unnecessary mistakes.

@bisi12004.You need MPEG4 receiver to get both video and audio.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:08am On Jul 29, 2009
@Dejsam,
Please send the last coc update to me. Seems I don't have it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by stormers: 11:58am On Jul 29, 2009
i am new on dis block n from ghana.i need help from guys,pls i use strong srt 4663x ku band n i would like to know what satellites are receivable on dis in ghana.pls help me
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by stormers: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2009
blexxonmak:

@ adewest. Check out my profile.May be we have something in common.As regards the MPEG4 issue,I am only trying to advise our members to be patient to avoid making unnecessary mistakes.

@bisi12004.You need MPEG4 receiver to get both video and audio.
i am new on dis block n from ghana.i need help from guys,pls i use strong srt 4663x ku band n i would like to know what satellites are receivable on dis in ghana.pls help me
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2009
George_D:

@Dejsam,
Please send the last coc update to me. Seems I don't have it.

@ george d,

copy that.

both art and showtime are up on the card.

check ur mail box for the update
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by stormers: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2009
Dejsam:

@ george d,

copy that.

both art and showtime are up on the card.

check ur mail box for the update
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2009
stormers:

i am new on dis block n from ghana.i need help from guys,pls i use strong srt 4663x  ku band n i would like to know what satellites are receivable on dis in ghana.pls help mei am new on dis block n from ghana.i need help from guys,pls i use strong srt 4663x  ku band n i would like to know what satellites are receivable on dis in ghana.pls help me

@ stomers,

u can receive african beams with a 90cm dish.this includes sirius,intelsat 7/10 thats where u have my tv africa and etv,then nss 7 and somany

others.u will need bigger dish size for out of footprint satellites like nilesat,badr etc.just go back and browse through the forum from begining and u

will have many of ur question answered.

i hope this helps.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2009
stormers:

i am new on dis block n from ghana
Please read read previous previous post first, you have all answers to your question.  Any post you don't understand ask for more explanation.  At this rate nobody will answer you.  Also there are members from Ghana try to get across to them (while going through the post you will see their names and possibly contact add, email or phone nos)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by niddle9(m): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2009
@ Blexxonmark, how comes you look like me.was it intensional or a mere coincedence ? r u laughing again.ok ooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2009
@Dejsam,
Thanks so much. The update works like magic! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by teeguy(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2009
I've been benefiting silently from this great forum. I just couldn't help but to thank you guys for all the fresh facts, updates and tutorials. Now I've been able to nail Sirus4 and W3a with one dish & Lnb, Nss7, Pas7/10 and other pay tvs. I'm waiting eagerly for the new strong HD/ Mpeg-4 decoder to arrive for my Multitv Ghana setup. I've met with only Enitan from this forum and i'm looking forward to meeting more of you guys. I will be indeed very grateful if i'll be invited for any Nilesat , Badr4/6 installations or any installation involving 2.4m & above dishes. Kudos to oga moderator, Enitan , Geroge_D, Adewest, Pito, Dejsam, Olubachar, Olofofo, Nash, Toks, et al !
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by konami001: 1:05am On Jul 30, 2009
@all
My 6m dish arrived today. God is was so huge, What do you guys thinks is the best bird I should aim it at
apart from nilesat?
Stay clever all,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2009
@ KONAMI001- Stay clever but don't tell lies HERE rather says what's on ur mind.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:48am On Jul 30, 2009
@konami001.Great! Please could you post a picture of the monster.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2009
@adewest.May be it is a coincidence.God is Great.
You made mention of the Echolink 7020HD in one of your posts.Do you know how I can get one and at what price.Shalom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2009
@teeguy,
Thank you for finally coming out of the shadows. I wish others will take a cue from you
and step out to be recognized. There is much more to be gained when we share information
more than just reading from a distance and going to implement without giving back nothing.
We got here today because others were willing to share what little knowledge they had
and with contributions from other members, great discoveries were made.
Meanwhile, you're welcome.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:21am On Jul 30, 2009
@konami001,
Congrats on the arrival of your 6m dish. I hope you're clever enough to get all the technical
specs from the manufacturer intact? Most especially the focal length? The bigger the dish, the
narrower the beam thus, the more laborious for tracking. If you don't get all the parameters
right, you may end up sweating in the sun (or rain) and achieve nothing.
For out of footprint birds you can track. I will suggest you go for Astra 2D (if possible).
The reason being that all other birds like nilesat, badr, hotbird, eurobird, Astra 2A, 2B can be
gotten conveniently with lesser size dishes like 2.4m or 3m and it will be a waste of space
deploying such massive dish for them. Just a suggestion.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2009
@ all,

i think we should prepare our minds to moving completely from our normal mpeg 2 to mpeg 4 platform(HD) receivers.because thats the new face of satellite tv broadcast.

English Premier League (EPL) football matches will be shown on a new high-definition TV channel next year, the Abu Dhabi Media Co (ADMC) announced on Wednesday.

see details here:

http://business2.maktoob.com/20090000360233/English_Premiership_to_go_HDTV_in_UAE/Article.htm

http://business2.maktoob.com/20090000006813/Abu_Dhabi_TV_wins_EPL_broadcasting_rights/Article.htm
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Blexx, dat subject was bought in Sudan for $265. It's an advance blindscan HD 4both S1 & S2 dwnlinks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2009
@All, note dat abudhabi sport3 have been txt on nilesat for abt a yr now with an irdeto2 encription and mpeg 4-S1 fmt.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2009
-CONT-ABUDHABI SPORT 3 ON NILESAT FREQ-12303H-SR27500. NOTE DAT D VIDEO FORMAT IS IN MPEG 4.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Unseen(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2009
Has anyone noticed that Deeper life church is using a new location with a 60cm dish? Any relevant information concerning that location will be welcomed.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2009
@adewest.So how do I get it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Unseen(m): 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
@All
Re scan 12.645, 30.000 on W3a 7 degree East for Euronews, NBN etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2009
All watch Monaco vs Inter milan live on DIRECT 8 on NSS 7 ku, kick off 8pm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:33am On Jul 31, 2009
@Dejsam,
You're right about the HD change over. Do you know even NTA wants to
go MPEG 4 now? grin We all better start be preparing our minds for the switch.

You sure say I go still need those S2 stuff so? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.