Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,456 members, 7,853,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262753 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ Adewest

What  Brand (Manufacturer) of decoder is Multi TV using, and why do you think it going  be a pay TV ?   From  their promo it is clearly stated free to air.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2009
@Iwes, did u know how much it cost 2air txn on a particular TP OF A SAT per day.Don't just get addicted to it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Kungu(m): 7:31am On Jul 24, 2009
iwes:

@Kungu

Thanks for the info. Please can you give me the list of channels (Dvb s2) , their frequency, and symbol rating on Intelsat 902 C -band. I checked Tracksat ,flysat and Lyngsat, but this information is not there

Good morning Iwes,

The channels under Dvb-S2 on intelsat 902 c a band are,
Frequency 3816 H { L }4213 which has 2 channels NTV and EATN Both channels are in Kenya.
frequency 4026 H 9034 has the new channels from South africa awaiting official on their Dtt platform.
SABC 1
SABC 2
SABC 3
SABC ENTERTAINMENT
SABC SPORTS
SABC INTERNATIONAL
SABC EDUCATION
ETV
ETV CLASSIC Plus another 9 channels being offered by Dstv which will be under Nagravison Encryptions.

Also on Intelsat 802 Ku band we have Angolan channels also awaitng the Launch of their DTT platform.
Freq: 11037 H 22498
TPA1
TPA2
PTPA
RTPI
RECORD TV
PROMO CH
COMMERCIAL CHANNEL
BAND INTERNATIONAL
QTV
TV ZIMBO
WOOHOO
BAND NEWS
TV BRAZIL
DISCOVERY
DISCOVERY
KIDS
MGM.

So when you go for a Mpeg 4 Receiver go for a receiver which also has DVB_S2 or you will have to upgrade your receiver again in the near future.
Daarsat is getting most of their channels from Telstar 10 c band frequency 3840
H 27500 RRsat http://www.lyngsat.com/t10.html and also thaicom 2/5 c band frequency 3450 H 13333 http://www.lyngsat.com/thai78.html
The Strong Srt 4910 HD is patchable and you can get all updates from either
http://www.crosat.org/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
orhttp://www.crosat.org/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Africa

So for all looking for a mpeg for make sure the hardware is also Dvb-S2. The system allows transmission of one or more MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 audio–video streams, using QPSK or 8PSK or 16/32APSK (amplitude and phase shift keying) modulation with concatenated encoding.

Have a very blessed weekend
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2009
adewest:

@PITO,nothing spoil o.@DEJSAM, Okare 4ur respond but Alh will not refuse u in 4update assistant.Don't mind me o.PEACE

@adewest,

oga, shee u saw what i wrote earlier that i just went there with a friend.and i don't even know the alhaji that owns the house.so how will update assistance become my work for him? grin grin grin grin grin.

will get back to u for any info iro that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2009
@ DEJSAM,WHY NOT ASK UR SAME FRIEND 2 GIVE U D REQUIRED INFO. Abi you b ajebo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:32am On Jul 24, 2009
rich8:

hi jms pls espran to me what cam is pls richkoo@rocketmail.com,
pic1 card slots with cards inserted and cam slots inserted cams & cards inserted in cams.
pic2 empty card & cam slot.
pic3 Viaccess Cam Module to enable you use the Viaccess card with your decoder.
pic4 T-Rex Cam Module with T-Rex Card to enable you use the T-Rex card with your decoder.

There are other CAM Modules - irdeto, nagravision, etc.  I don't have enough time to post all pics and also it will take up much valuable space.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:33am On Jul 24, 2009
sorry here are the pics

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 10:42am On Jul 24, 2009
EDITED
pitodenz:

@ Bubben Is it not better to ask our members in Ghana to investigate the receiver and if it has what it takes then u may go ahead. Blackstar and others we re waiting for ur report.

@ pitodenz
i tried getting info on the features of the MultiTV decoder from a dealer but the guy did not seem
to know much about blind scan, patching etc. I could not get to browse through the menu of the decoder
to verify myself cos he had none in stock. he will replenish his stock by monday, i will be able to find out then.
If i am able to lay my hands on one @ the weekend, i will definately let the house know . Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2009
Good info from arabsat for the new bird that will replace arabsat 2b, if things go well Badr 5A will be lunched before the end of this year and it will have the hemi beam covering the whole Africa continent with Cband, hope Badr 5A will have interesting tv stations; for further info:http://www.nabanet.com/wbuarea/ or arabsat.com.
There is no more signal from Pentagone channel on Intelsat 10-02, someone else is picking that tv with this transponder:4175V 28000?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 10:55am On Jul 24, 2009
@ blexxonmak
thanks bro, I appreciate the help may God bless you
@ George D
thanks a lot  I've read the write up on page 11 I even printed  it out so as to make it handy while working. as in getting someone to assist what if i cant get a satellite knowledgeable person can I give it a try. Also the issue of the 2.4m Can I know the price of the strong dish, but Due to cash restrain I hope I can still buy the fibre offered to me at 12k to manage for now,what do you think seek your kind opinion
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2009
@all. For those interested in acquiring MPEG4 receiver,I have sent a mail
to Strong in this regard.Here is there response:

Hello,

Thanks for your email.

Yes there is HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 receiver STRONG branded model is SRT4900.

Unit is available in stock. Kindly check with the STRONG company located in Abuja/Nigeria.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 11:59am On Jul 24, 2009
solo1ng1:

@Dejsam,
Thank man.
Please will the HITV dish work with the strong decoder? How much does the strong decoder cost and where can i buy one.
thanks for your help.
@solo1ng1. There is nothing like HITV or DSTV dish.It is just a matter of
labelling.For example,you can buy a 90cm dish and put DSTV label on it.
I think most dishes labelled HITV are 60cm.TO be able to access W3A and SIRIUS you may need a 90cm dish.Go for the ones labelled EUROSTAR or STRONG.Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ all

Just confirming what blexxonmak said about the MPEG 4 decoders. My contact at strong ghana said they will have them in stock by August end. Not sure of the price currently but says it is patchable and also DVB-S2 compatible.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ adewest i dont believe with u that multitv ll go encryption. If u may remember sometime ago in this forum when someone was asking if we got an association of installers in Nigeria. I believe this multitv got something to do with it. Ok lets look at middle east where channels like cnn,bbc,fox movies and series,neckledon,nat geo and many more world class channels re free. Are this channels not been host in the air or do u think as many use to think that its their government? Nope,later they generate enough money from advert. Take etv for instance,if etv is not making enough money do u think they shouldnt ve not joined dstv or upgrade their encryption. What multitv might do maybe because of african mentality is to customize their signal to their box only,but even that ll require a smartcard. Even if they do so, i still dont think they ll go for monthly subscribtion. So even on that they re still free(free forever) as they say.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by celineaina: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
Good day to you all.

I will like to use this medium to give kudos to all of you in the forum for the wonderful job you guys are doing for your neighbours. I have been able to benefit from you all in one way or the other.

Actually , I am a new user of this forum. I really don't know how it works. But with what am able to see through Google search when I was trying to search for any free to air station I found your past post chat with this topic "official Thread of free to air satellite TV (Part 1)".

I will like to appreciate the good job from Mr./MST. Twintaiye god will always be with you.

Thank you ALL smiley cheesy embarassed
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
i bought multi-tv decoder here in ghana my problem is i played with the installation and can somebody help me out with all the frequencies associated with multi-tv. plsssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
@all
i dont know what is wrong with my strong decoder 4663x
it is just showing - - - -
and nothing is coming up on the screen can anyone help me out?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2009
SRT 4910 MPEG-4 - SATELLITE + TERRESTRIAL - PVR ready - CI - CONAX

• Freeview Reception Capable
• PVR Ready via USB or eSATA
External Mass Data Storage Device
• Time Shift, Record & Playback
• USB 2.0 Host for MP3 Playback,
JPEG Viewing & Firmware Update
• Ethernet Port
• eSATA Interface
• Embedded CONAX CAS7
• 10,000 Programmable Channels
• Common Interface (2 Slots)
• DVB-S/S2+T, MPEG-2/4, H.264
Compliant
• HE-AAC Audio Compliant
• QPSK, 8PSK & COFDM Demodulator
• 1080i / 720p / 576p / 576i Video Formats
• HDMI Output
• Component Video: Y, Pb & Pr Outputs
• RGB Outputs through SCART
• Dolby Digital Optical Output
• 16:9 Full Screen, 4:3 Letterbox & Full
Screen
• VFD Display
• Advanced Blind Scan
• Auto & Manual Channel Search
• Electronic Program Guide
• Closed Caption & Teletext
• 16 Favorite Channel Groups
• Auto Voltage (AC 100 - 250V~) SMPS
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2009
Twinstaiye, bros follow in Abuja if the strong decoder HD Dv s-2 is available and d price. pls let us into d features too. Oga badaru, u are welcome back.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2009
@all
i want to ask if i can get skysport uk here in nigeria
i have the patch card but i want to know on which frequency i can watch it and if it is possible
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, i finally did the lightning arrestor installation today. I needed to suspend
a few other things and give special priority to it especially with the level of
destruction that magic thunder did to my installations. Delay would have been
very dangerous. But na wao! It was not easy cost wise o! My electrician advised
we used 4 earth rods and the usual pure copper belt and bracket buried 4 feet
deep underground. Na real heavy duty job the man do here o!
Tomorrow, I'll move on to the motorized COMSTAR and see what i can achieve
there too.

@oga twinataiye,
@toxnaija,
Thanks for the word of encouragement. I believe with the steps I've take so far,
this unfortunate incident will be a thing of the past.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ Kungu

Thanks.
raw-unkat:

i bought multi-tv decoder here in ghana my problem is i played with the installation and can somebody help me out with all the frequencies associated with multi-tv. plsssssssssssssssssssssss

@ Raw-unkat

I personally like to know the brand (i.e Manufacturer) of decoder Multi TV is using.  please Help me find  out

you can try this setting , and see if it will work.

Satellite:-           ASTRA 2B/ EUROBIRD 1(28.5 E)
Frequency:-        12551
Symbol Rating :- 19519
Polarity:-            V
Transmission :-    DVB-S
FEC: -                  Auto
LNB Freq:-           Univ. LNB 1
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
@George_D
Sir, You gona have to leave the diSeq out and cross check the decoder.
N.B
there are two way lightening ,. Either it stuck the power or Main Board program IC! So i hope its power.
There's only one way to figure it out. Which is by testing both power and the main board. And it could be done if only you have same model of that decoder. By interchanging the faulty one with working one.  

@niddle_9,
Thanks for the advice. I checked and interchanged the decoder with a functional one and
it returned same results. Tomorrow, I'll go outside and have a look at the diseqc switch on
the COMSTAR dish. Lets see what will come up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2009
osef:

@ George D
thanks a lot  I've read the write up on page 11 I even printed  it out so as to make it handy while working. as in getting someone to assist what if i cant get a satellite knowledgeable person can I give it a try. Also the issue of the 2.4m Can I know the price of the strong dish, but Due to cash restrain I hope I can still buy the fibre offered to me at 12k to manage for now,what do you think seek your kind opinion

@osef,
You can try your hands on the installation yourself. I was only advising that it's better to work in pairs
because of the weight of the dish. Strong 2.4m pan should be about 24K but if your getting a used fibre
of same size for 12K I think it's a good bargain. But make sure the dish is not warped else you may not be
able to achieve much with it. Also, you may need to carry out some maintenance on it like repainting, etc
before usage.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:10am On Jul 25, 2009
@George salute 2u & hard luck man.@Pito,i guess u might b right on multil tv been air free.But u know d DTH svc provid
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:21am On Jul 25, 2009
provider in Africa these day r growing day b day so as d competetion also increases.So u never can tell what a growing
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:33am On Jul 25, 2009
child is upto.& on d issue NILESAT,d entire of mid-east owned d entire sat not Europe so think of d cost of d ch dwnlink
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:40am On Jul 25, 2009
PITO-Emagine urself what a wonderful esperience it would have been 4Africa in term of FTA if NIGCOMSAT2 was successful.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:52am On Jul 25, 2009
I could remeber in earlier 1994 when nilesat was just growing,neally all d channels that r scrambled today were free
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 1:51am On Jul 25, 2009
PITO,Can't get u well on sat signal customised.No provider can customis any dwnlink signal 4 a particular receiver bros
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 2:14am On Jul 25, 2009
@ALL,4 a robustfull viewing go for HD-S2 ECHOLINK 7020 HD. It also embedded with d ABRACADABRA CARD 4 ali-chips.PEACE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 5:40am On Jul 25, 2009
@ Pitodenz,
Please, check your listed email accounts. I tried your listed phone line numerous times on Thursday and Friday, July 22 & 23,  but for some reason recording says your line was not available. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.