Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261788 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2009
@ F_marshal am sorry for that i went for installation inside one village in Abia State and there was no mtn coverage there. But am back now. @ George Take heart bro cos everything is gonna be alright. @ adewest what i mean is that they might use smartcard just as hitv did in their early days.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2009
@pito,
@adewest,
Thanks for the encouragement. I know all this wahala is now past and I can
now heave a sign of relief by the special grace of Almighty God.
Here is a pix of the lightning sphinx during installation with my electrician
doing justice to it at the roof top.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2009
@luckiest,
You better go and ply your trade somewhere else because you're just wasting your
time here. You will NOT get any customers from us, I assure you. This tread is the official
free-to-air thread and not official PAY TV SUBSCRIPTION ADDICTS' thread. Most of us
here have been there, we know what they have to offer and we know how to get almost
all their packages for free. We DO NOT need your help in beating pay tv providers fees.
I think a word is enough!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
How far about that your 3m fibre? Those our guys are not through with it yet?

About your idea of trying another repairer for my starsat, I've discussed with
Dejsam and we both agreed that I should send it across to him in the North
maybe they will have a solution for it there.
Or, what do you think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2009
@all i heard that hi-rubbish has bought up the rights to show champions league. I hope it won't affect ait and others free to air tv.
@george-D, i really feel for u. Anyway keep up your good works.
@luckies or whatever you call yourself, get lost!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2009
Hi Guys good to be back again,ve been a little busy for some time now, anyway for those of us that are watching Multitv always check on the joy sport channel any day there is a pre season match, i have seen a couple of games lately, i watched tottenham and barcelona yesterday and abt a couple of days ago i watched abt two of man utds pre season matches, mbc 3 mauritius airs some as well, Multi tv is really more tv fore free cheers, any info on strong's HD ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2009
@all >> I can't believe it dt it can take me 4 a long time to be back here. Well, I'm getting back to my foot ds time around. A million thanks to those who hv kept d forum lively. We'll rock Part 4 altogether. Happy week-end and my rgds to all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ olofofo whatup with the mpe4 receiver. @ all anybody who can get access to a very cheap mpe4 receiver probably from china should plz contact me. Note it mustnt ve any good feature like blindscan,patchable just as long as it can open multitv. I ve a lot of demand on it. Remember it got to be very cheap. If u can, lets do business!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2009
@George_D,
It is not a bad idea to send it to the north for repairs. There may be other defective receivers there where some parts could be removed to carry out repairs on yours.
I am sure you won,t have any more damage of your home electronics by lightening. from your explanation and the photo, I think it will be ok. the financial implication is that you have to defer some projects.
The 3m fibre dish has been completed. I will collect for test next week. Also, the 4m pan-galvanised dish will be completed next week. So i will be having two dishes for test.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2009
@George,

I hope its not coming too late.  Please accept my sympathy on the loss of your FTA equipment to the infamous thunder. I pray that God will replace it with better ones.  I believe you will rise above it.  We have learn from it and hope to fortify ours too.

Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2009
all,
from what I read on MultiTV's home page,I dont see them going scrambled for long.All they want to sell is their box which can be bypassed by getting the mpeg4 receiver.I am impressed with the line-up on Joy sports.Are they going for European leagues when the season resumes?Pls let's keep a close tab on Strong for the HD receiver.I am in for it.
Can we get regular pre-season schedules/stations please?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2009
@all. Strong Technologies gave me one of their contacts at Abuja Office.Here is his reply as regards the MPEG4 receiver:
Mr. Blexxonmak ,

The model SRT4900/4910 will be available very soon in Nigeria and I will provide you its price upon availability. Hopefully in a month time.

Which satellite you want to use this model for?Please provide the list of channels that are MPEG 4 and HD

Your phone number is required for easy communication

Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2009
All,I'm in need of an MPEG4 receaver for a very good price,must have blind scane.I have strong 4652 and 4663,if I can't get a new mpeg4 for out right buy,I can still trade the 4663x for an mpeg4.here's my contact-iogbonna85@gmail.com or 08037190436.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ Tox do u mean that multitv ll go scramble? As for me i believed them when they say Free Forever.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2009
All, Concerning d issue of the mpeg 4 receiver am telling for sure that some of the elders on this forum are currently working on how to get the very best that wil suite our purpose, u know wat I mean guys. so guys jus b a little bit patient.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2009
@All

Below is the contact address of The Strong Technologies ( makers of the strong branded decoders ) representive in Nigeria. You can contact them and make inquiries on their Mpeg4/HD decoders.

In Abuja:
Strong Solutions Ltd.
Plot 17, Murtala Mohammed Expressway, Mpape Junction, Maitama
Abuja, Nigeria
Tel: +234 9 672-0741
Fax: +234 805 800-3136
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2009
@all
i have a 2.4m pan ground mount dish for sale for ur free 2 air at an extremely cheap rate.
If interested, call me on 08065743525

meanwhile, am stil interested in a cheap 4m or more dish, just text me if u av n i wil cal u back.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2009
@all
i have a 2.4m pan ground mount dish for sale for ur free 2 air at an extremely cheap rate.

meanwhile, am stil interested in a cheap 4m or more dish, just text me if u av n i wil cal u back.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2009
@all

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ george_d
i have a free view box of sky uk i dont know if i can get signals for it here in nigeria? and type of dish do i need?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2009
@SKYLOLO,sky uk is on EUROBIRD1 @28.5 deg east.Yes receivable in Nigeria but ur loc is imp 2 determine dish seize.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
No wahala. That sphinx you're seeing in that picture is connected to 4 earth rods
buried 4 ft deep underground via pure copper belt. I think there will be no shaking
from now on no matter the type of magic thunder that strikes.

@baba_egun,
Thanks for reaching out. The Lord has intervened and I'm now on top of the situation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2009
@skylolo112,
Looks like adewest has answered your inquiries concerning sky UK.
Since you're in Lagos, why not try a 3m fibre and see if you could get their signals?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2009
@ All
I still cant get mbc steady with my 2.4m eurostar dish here in ph. So i set for work yesterday and could not get it beyond 35% with old strong so i tried eurobird 2 @ 25.5, there i got only three channels free,they re cnn,mvarabia and boomerang, all other channels re scrambled. Is orbit network hacked in any of the jujucard? I need answer.
Now am alternating between badr and eurobird2 which means i ve to outside and move the dish down any time i want to watch fox movies. Am using shop 0.2db ku lnb with 2.4m eurostar ground mount dish. Any idea how i ll increase my signal?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2009
All watch out for Man Utd vs Hangzhou Greentown match.Today around 3pm
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 8:02am On Jul 26, 2009
All watchout for Man Utd vs Hangzhou Greentown today on MBC3 W3a,KO 3pm
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2009
@all
Any new patch for Mytv?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2009
All watch Liverpool vs Singapore live on mbc3 on w3a,enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2009
hello every one, live matches on joy tv , man utd vs hz china 1pm right now  score line is( china 0 man utd 1)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2009
@pitodenz,
I think the continuous rain this period is contributing to the poor signal quality of nilesat.
Again, that your 0.2db lnb could only be as good as a 0.3db fuji so why not try one and see?
Concerning the ground mount, you could construct a neck for that your Eurostar dish and use
a jack to move it thereby saving yourself the stress of moving outside every time to change
the position especially in this cold weather.
For abra and coco cards, I don't know when last they did updates for orbit. Seems they're just
concentrating only on SHT & ART these days but maybe Dejsam can give us a better picture.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2009
@salamandar,
There is no new mytv update yet.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2009
To All Of You
I will like congratulate you all for the dedication you have all shown towards this forum. I have been around a few forums and believe me, none of them measure up to what we have here.
I will like to think that this forum is the forum to join or refer to on matters FTA. With respect to mpeg 4 receivers, it seems to me that the strong option is the way to go. Strong receivers are user friendly and have technical support in this country.
Mr. moderator, George D, Dejsam, olofofo , toxnaija, emexi, adewest, pitodenz and a host of the guys that i haven't mentioned . You guys keep it up. It seems to me that we are making good progress. Muchos Gracias.
eduzo

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.