Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261779 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Kungu(m): 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2009
Paps1:

Hi my etv on my tv went scrambled.can u guys help me out, i tried the 6969 but did not work
e.tv temporarily unavailable on Vivid platform

Sentech can confirm that e.tv is temporarily unavailable on the bouquet of channels offered on the company’s Vivid Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service. Technical improvements are being made to improve the security of the service.

The Vivid service is available in Sub-Saharan Africa for viewers who purchase the Vivid decoders.

Vivid viewers in South Africa receive e.tv on a free-access basis as part of Sentech’s Vivid bouquet. However, the Vivid platform is carried by satellite and the broadcast footprint therefore extends into Sub-Saharan Africa.

Historically, the encryption software used in the Vivid decoder, protected the geographic integrity of the e.tv offering service outside of South Africa’s borders. Sentech have now learnt that this encryption software has been compromised and needs to secure the feed.

--- Ends ---

Issued by: Sentech Corporate Communications
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2009
@kungu. so it means they are on nagra 3
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2009
So if etv is going on nagra 3 what does that mean.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2009
Paps1:

So if etv is going on nagra 3 what does that mean.

It means, it is encrypted for now, unless there is a new patch for it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2009
So until a new patch comes etv will be no more for those on 60&90cm dish,so what will pas 7/10 give up now.Has anyone seen Koko mansion tv on w3a also scrambled.is there a patch for that one,actually they are two,one is scrambled the other is not be no video or audio
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2009
@all, please someone should drop the tp multitv and the sat which they are transmitting
the new stong srt 4910 is in alaba and it is sold for 9k
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2009
E.tv has really chased out some members. Had it been that must of you are following this thread, you wouldn't have given a damn about about e.tv. The alternative is to change position. I hail a the gurus in the house(too many to mention)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 01, 2009
I dont really think etv is going to bounce back from this break, i even tried switching over to sirus and w3a today but all my effort proved abortive, i think maybe i was using a dead frequency in my tracking, i made use of 12605V for sirus and 12728, 11190, 10976 for w3a but still yet couldnt nail the bird.
can someone pls post the current active tp on these two birds.

@ ola,
give yur boy a call in the jungle, amin dire need of information.

seems like i will be going for the strong 4910 decoder too so as to nail down the multitv signal, can someone pls post the freq and symbol rate.
@olofofo,
can u pls confirm if that decoder really is 9k or more than that? pls i beg of you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2009
I called a major dealer in alaba, and ask whether he have the new strong srt 4910 in stock and he told me i can get it for 9k. Thats wat i know for now.
Pls anybody that knows the tp and sat for multitv please drop it for us
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2009
eny how u dey?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ all am going to miss cheater in etv if etv eventually go off. Anyway i ve too many alternative even though they went off is only cheaters i enjoy watching. In the other hand i like etv to even go so that our pple ll stop settling easily for one satellite that has very little or nothing at all to offer. Let the fighting spirit of all go high so that many ll start looking for alternative for 90cm dishes. That the spirit of FTA. @ George D i finally nail my badr. As i always say i believe in trying new things. At first a refused to use fuji lnb but after you advice for it,i tried it and it failed me. So i return back my shop 2.0db lnb and continue enjoying my precious fox movie. It was yesterday i came across Old Master Digisat 2.0db,it was already cut by me long time ago,so i fixed it and still NoWay. I now removed it and cut it exactly the way i cut the shop lnb and fix it and wam! for the first time my mbc jump to 50% bbc,euronews,dubai one,all the jsc came out. So u see we mustnt always depend on fuji afterall is very expensive. Imagine fuji being sold for N5,500 here in ph and i got digisat from north for N800. And this time digisat performed better. Maybe fuji is good for fiber dishes but that i confirm once i used this my latest cutting on fiber dish with digisat. @ emeystan if srt 4910 is sold for 9k in alaba then my name is James Bond lol.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ obnelly,
i don miss u die, whats your signature all about? I will like tocomepay u a visit at shagamu one of these days and since am very very close to yur doorstep, wanna make use of that opportunity.

@ emystan,
thanks for that info on that strong decoder, will be on the lookout for that, i think i will be settling for the multitv signal whenever i lay my hands on one of such.

@ badaru/toxnaija/microgiant.
hw una all dey ooo?

where is enigma, maddox baba-egun et cetera

@ pitodenz,
as for me what i will miss most on etv is WWE smackdown, no way out, e.t.c. can u help out with the multitv tp, and bst 90cm direction for now on MPEG-2 decodersnow
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2009
@EMEYSTAN, r u sure of what u saying dat is AN UNDERESTIMATE.Do ur finding properly & ensure d box is really HD-S2 MPEG4
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2009
Multi tv 12550v 19512 and also crown royal tv 12599v 3249,@28.5e perform blind scan in addition.Hope i helped u
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Tudor6(f): 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2009
what size of dish do you guys use for multitv and what stations are available?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2009
hello all , if you have been watching CRTV u d agree with me that etv is no match when it comes to entertainment, imagine watching wwe raw 3 days after the live broadcast as well as 2009 foriegn movies , i feel that the loss of etv is not a big deal after all and if multi tv truely is free, i do not think i would be missing etv at all cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2009
By monday, i will be in alaba to meet one of the dealers i called about the mpeg4 receiver. I will give the house feed back.
@all, can 60cm dish work for multitv?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2009
@chuk101,
please i will like to know which kind of receiver you are using. Pls drop your phone contact> nnannauzoma@yahoo.com i'll like to get some info. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ chuk101,
which satellite is CRTV on? i hope its not on the same platform with mutlitv signal?
I cant wait to lay my hands on one.

@ tudor,
the signal is DTH one, so therefore a minimum dish of about 55cm dish will be able to the trick only if you are within the focused footprint, but if you are ina finge area, a dish size of about 1.2-1.5m will be required

@ paps
thanks for coming to my aid by providing those frequencies

@ adewest,
based on the findings i got from google, the 4900/4910 strong decoder is a MPEG-4, HD decoder, so i dont think there's any passage of wrong/sub-standard information.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2009
I have not tried multi tv on 60cm,am yet to but CRTV is not on mpeg 4,at least the time i check abt 2wk,Am using 4663x.hope to change it if etv does not return
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2009
Pls, i want u to help me with this multitv of a thing. I don't know anything about it. Is it possible for me to use my strong 4653x and hw can i track it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Tudor6(f): 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2009
@enitan
Thanks.
What part of nigeria is considered fringe area?
And what decoder would you require to get multitv, also what channels?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2009
Pls, i want u to help me with this multitv of a thing. I don't know anything about it. Is it possible for me to use my strong 4653x and hw can i track it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2009
ENITAN-I BOUGHT HD BOX 7020 WHEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW D VALUE ie b4 d arrival 907ku & multil-tv. So budget 18k if u r sure
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 1:24am On Aug 02, 2009
@ALL can members with 2.4m dish and above tell us if the etv at 62 E (c band)is also affected.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by maddoxoj(m): 2:53am On Aug 02, 2009
QAll
Good o be back "home". It's been so long. I really feel guilty about my long silence but it's just that I've been so tied up with work that I hardly have time for anything else (even to see oga Twins who's really not at all far from me) and also I've really not been making any discoveries that I can share (since I've not been traking any birds). Jowever, Ive really missed all the great guys on this forum. I intend o buy Daarsat setup on Monday just to be able to lay hands on an HD/MP4 decoder (not that I gbadu their dry channels). I also need to read up on the pages I've missed on this thread to get mysself up to speed once again.

@Enitan
enitan2002:

where is enigma, maddox baba-egun et cetera
@ pitodenz,
as for me what i will miss most on etv is WWE smackdown, no way out, e.t.c. can u help out with the multitv tp, and bst 90cm direction for now on MPEG-2 decodersnow
I dey my brother. I hope to bounce back soon if I move to the outskirts where there's enough space for satellite installations, now where I live I can only make do with 90cm (I abandoned my Nilesat at the office). Even the Daarsat cannot be installe at home now cos I have no view to the west.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 6:12am On Aug 02, 2009
captainus
etv 62e is also affected. So also are the feeds at w3a 7e.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2009
Plz i wil b intrested in d strong str4910 is really between 9k-10k, am in Enugu, Enitan plz comfirm in Alaba market
God bless u all
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nearest(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2009
@all pls you all ie the gurus are doing great things, but please some one should just take time out and state the direction of multitv and crtv as well as the tp and sr with which you where able to track it easily, the decoder you are using as well as the range of decoders that can get the multitv, Thanks a mila
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nearest(m): 10:39am On Aug 02, 2009
@all pls you all ie the gurus are doing great things, but please some one should just take time out and state the direction of multitv and crtv as well as the tp and sr with which you where able to track it easily, the decoder you are using as well as the range of decoders that can get the multitv, Thanks a mila
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2009
George D
May i pick your brains for one moment. I have a 5m dish that i would like to make mobile, you know, as opposed to stationary. Any ideas as to where to source the equipments for this? Your average superjack or echostar won't shake it never mind moving it.
This dish is the first generation Astra/MFP dish with a heavy steel ring configuration. Why do i want to make it mobile? Well, there a few birds I'd like to have ago at.Cheers.

@eduzo,
You can get a heavy duty jack that will move your 5m steel dish at alaba. Ask for 36inches heavy duty superjack.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2009
@pito,
Congrats for your achievement in nailing that naughty badr bird at last. However,
I think you may still need to reconsider coming back to nile because a lot is happening
there now especially with orbit teaming up with showtime. Their supermovies channel is
just too much! You need to check it out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.