Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261791 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by vickoy23: 6:52am On Aug 03, 2009
@ nearest

Like eduzo said, astra2b is at 28E. Taking a cue from DSTV, HITV and Trend TV whom are at 36E, you raise your dish slightly up (from DSTV, HITV and Trend TV position) and right you should be at 28 degree east which is your astra2d. If you have a compass then just use it else, the best practice would be for you to get dstv then slightly raise up and move left.

when I am doing mine, i would first experiment with extra lnb on dstv same thing we did with NSS7 and Intel907 then.

Disclaimer: I am yet to shoot and nail astra2d ooo just taking a cue from experience so don't hold me to my post oooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by vickoy23: 7:04am On Aug 03, 2009
@ salamandar

Well said on etv. for whatever reason, lets give it to them (long service award). come to think of it that bird is now strictly for religious purposes. Maybe very soon, the remaining two non religious channels (presstv and sabc international) would soon waka comot. lol

@ all

I now remember why many people are crying for NL to help out on etv. It is that saturday night show Eniitan and Juxt24 (just kidding) love so much. by the way where is juxt24 the green horn that became a guru overnight just like me courtesy our dear nairaland. a million gbosa for FTA on nairaland.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nearest(m): 7:12am On Aug 03, 2009
@eduzo i'm surrounded by dstv users, and i guess thats on eutelsat w4 but i don't know the degree, anyway, i'm presently using the fta channells in mytv, please give me the tp and sr u used in tracking it easily, thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nearest(m): 7:13am On Aug 03, 2009
@eduzo i'm surrounded by dstv users, and i guess thats on eutelsat w4 but i don't know the degree, anyway, i'm presently using the fta channells in mytv, please give me the tp and sr u used in tracking it easily, thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by vickoy23: 7:16am On Aug 03, 2009
@ nearest

read page 105 0n this thread especially salamanda's post. he answered your question on SR
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by vickoy23: 7:22am On Aug 03, 2009
quote from const6
@all
i trackd crtv/multi tv durin confed cup n watchd semi final on crtv.then it was only crtv n lmtv dat was showin,d rest was audio,then i didnt knw it was mpeg-4.to track it, first track dstv/eutelsat w4 then raise ur dish a little up and right,u wil get green wit as high as 97% on 90cm dish but wit 50cm dishes over 70%
@olofo
wot about wot i sent 2 u thru txt? I wil be interestd in d strong HD if btw 9k n 10

quote from salamander
Quote from: Paps1 on August 01, 2009, 10:16 PM
Multi tv 12550v 19512 and also crown royal tv 12599v 3249,@28.5e perform blind scan in addition.Hope i helped u

@Emiritus153
Always try to read back before you pose a question pls
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 7:23am On Aug 03, 2009
Astra2B is d simplest bird 2 track here in Enugu, jst ontop of dstv den go right if u ar standin behind d dish. I used 90cm, d signal went upto 98
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bode4real(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2009
@ all,
pls and pls, wot channels is receivable on this astra2b
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2009
@salamanda, thanks 4 multitv dat u pasted after been hashed on me. Am using the simplest medium. In case of another time if u know the page just refer me there thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by vickoy23: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2009
@ those who have astra2D

what receiver did you guys use. someone posted buying strong 4910 from Alaba. I have called about 4 9ja strong dealers in Alaba and they have not even seen it. They said they will ask the company. Strong abuja number is not going through.

Make una let me enjoy this bird too o as I cant partake of nilesat due to space constraint. Heeeeeellllllllp oooooooooo.

@ salamander

If it comes to that, can you help purchase fron GH? What will be the cost plus shipping?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 8:40am On Aug 03, 2009
George_D:

@sporchii,
You still don't get it. I'm not picking on you but just trying to make you and others see why
reading from the shadows doesn't do you any good. As we speak, there are hundreds more
who just log in, browse the thread, take note of anything new what is happening and they
proceed to implement and even charge a fee using such knowledge. They may not even be
registered NL members but they read all the same taking advantage of the lax nairaland rules
that allows free readership without registration. Do you know that in most European forums,
you cannot even gain access to their pages unless you're a registered member? And even
after becoming a member, the clock starts ticking on you. After a few weeks if you don't post
anything and you only always log in to read and download-as the case may be, the wizard will
stop you and force you to post at least a message to the thread before you can continue
enjoying membership privileges. I'm not just making all this up, I know because I'm a member of
a lot of those type of forums.

None of us here is a satellite technology major in college. We all have our different professions
but we took up FTA as a hobby. Through dedication/regular interactions we are where we are
today.
@George D
Spot on! Without people contributing meaningfully the forum wouldn't be as informative as it is today.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 9:52am On Aug 03, 2009
@All, Olason, Enitan, Goerge_D
Happy New Month to you All, will appreciate if you guys can help for an installer for a firend staying in Ogudu,Lagos who will like to install a dish 2.4 or 3m pls kindly forward same to me so he can get in touch with them and arrange for discussion. What is happening to etv? Just notice my Pas 7/10 stop working any solution in view? Expects your response
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2009
@ salamander well said my brother, (our little deal did not go ahead)          there may be many theories as to the disapperance of etv of which what u said is one of them, another reason might be because of the recent acquisition of CL Rights by Ait mbc 3 and  Hitv. Other channels may follow suit. Just recently i tried to open the new website of mbc3 thru goalzz.com to my suprise i saw a new Tp for it on intelsat . May be they are trying to migrate to cband lets wait and see.@ all i called a mytv dealer in abuja and he told me that the srt 4900 and 4910 are available @ the rate of 9k those in abuja cld u pls verify this info thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2009
@All,
I agree with all your arguments for and against the now scrambled eTV channel. Never mind. I suspect some underhand workings by the “DS-BigBrother”. You know, after the collapse of the GTV provider, we are back to monopolistic dealings again – with subscription prices going “back to normal”!!! i.e, back to the previous high. Competition is good for all.

Shortly before MSNBC disappeared from 7East, it appeared on Telstar 12 (15West) on the Europe & South African beam! Shortly before CNBC-Africa disappeared on 68East, it surfaced on “DS-BigBrother” as a subscription channel ! Another example is that of 'France-24 English' which was formerly FTA on Intelsat 10 Ku-Band Sub-saharan Africa beam but was later moved to intelsat 7 (11674 V 15000) South Africa Beam! Soon it appeared on the "DS-BigBrother" menu! I guess it’s the mentality of African providers to “zone” their services and to “eat their cake and have it” alone – the winner takes it all?

Cheer up. New competitors coming up soon. All is not lost for FTA hobbyists with 3m or larger dishes since most of these channels paid for in Africa exorbitantly are available as FTA in Europe and Asia and Middle East and are up for grabs. Look at the way channels are growing in number both at 7East and 4.8East ! Never mind the Spanish and French languages of some of these channels – it’s still an indication of “change is as good as rest”! By the way, a new satellite, W3C, is scheduled for launch by 2011 and will have a beam for sub-saharan Africa – hence increasing Ku-band transponders available on 7 East (_http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2009/03/12/eutelsat-commissions-w3c-satellite_;_http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/daily-satellite-broadcast-industry-news/146190-eutelsat-w3c-ordered.html_).

Personally, once space is available, I will go for a 6 meter motorized system (HD MPEG 4) before 2011. I tend to think that these days, some of the feeds found on 7East and 4.8East with no sound or video could be on MPEG-4 format. I welcome someone using such a decoder to confirm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2009
@ George-D
Good to hear u shaking greens from those birds now. Baba God heard our prayers while I was away to SPACE cheesy
Any way, thanks alot for ur role.
@ all
I really appreciate the effort of all who have come to realize what fta means here, and have taken time to practice what they learn .
However, learning to track a satellite is not a rush rush thing as some thought. U need patience and constant learning, gathering of info and putting them to practice. Season 1,2 and upto date on season 3 are enough tutorials for any new comer. Besides, www.lyngsat.com/(satellite name) has been a very good reference for us. Use this to get ur signal parameters, as well as average dish size required in ur area. This will save u asking so many questions and jump into more technical issues well. Again average knowledge of ur elementary Geography is very important.- knowing ur East, West , South and North- Azimuth turning, elevation angle and lnb skew. see enough tutorials on the begining of this season.
Again, for those of us who can identify true North from our location, and having these small dishes calibrated- about 23 deg offset, with u knowing the elevation of the sat from ur area, set ur dish and turn the azimuth. I tell u no stress.
www.dishponter .com is a good cal site.
Astra 2B in Abuja-9.26N, 7.03E,
Dish Elev:63.5 deg
Dish azim; 112.6 deg
Lnb skew: 58 deg anticlockwise ( standing behind the dish ).
Results;Track with freq-12599V/3249 sr. CRTV.
Sirius 4 -same location----
Elev-78.8 deg, Azm-195.8 deg ,lnb skew- 15.6 deg clockwise.
Result : track with 12605V/29950sr---- Alja zeera english.

Do I here someone say sounding too theoretical? Just try it and just 1 hand fyam! ur signal don show.
To track Nss7 ku. If u are already on dstv position, facing the dish, keep turning left about 148 deg towards the west. The two birds share same elevation. u are sure to catch it. if not turn ur lnb the opposite direction.
May be my dream to be the first Nigerian on the moon is my driving force.
can some1 try this and see?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 10:43am On Aug 03, 2009
@All

What you should understand is that in Africa especially west africa, is the only region where the paytv providers are making much money, so any channel that it attractive and is fta is bought and included in paytv packages.  eg. the indian channel on 68.5E that was encrpted with nagra2 was changed and later removed from the bird, because MyTV included it in their package.  Check out the French Channels they have been there for ages, no paytv provider is ready to add it to their packages because the paying morons won't be interested in watching french channels. Etv had been broadcasting on the vivid platform Africa & Europe beam and all this while there is a South Africa ONLY beam (11674 V) on the same bird.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:57am On Aug 03, 2009
@ All if dstv or daarsat or any other paytv hand is in encryption of etv. Then the big question ll be: what ll be the fate of Multitv been aired free on mpe4 format?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2009
@ All if dstv or daarsat or any other paytv hand is in encryption of etv. Then the big question ll be: what ll be the fate of Multitv been aired free on mpe4 format?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2009
@spaceman,
You're welcome back from space grin

@microgiant, NASH-FTA,
You're right about this etv trying to pull the wool over our eyes. For years there has always
been a south african beam on the same bird (intelsat 7/10KU) for etv while they placed another
one for the rest of west africa on another beam same bird. For them to turn round now and fein
ignorance is a big lie. I'm forced to buy the theory that they have sold out to DSTV or maybe
were threatened by other paytv providers outside SA.

@vickoy23,
You're welcome back. At least your post shows that you have not forgotten us.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2009
@Dejsam,
Well done for the echo updates. Please look for the coc file and send. I checked
the usual places and seems those guys are it again. The hardware program file
has been out since friday but no sign of the usb. Maybe they will wait until two
days to expiry before posting it again as they always do.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by idyday(m): 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2009
@all,it's my pleasure 2 post again in d most resourceful and informative thread on nairaland.gudos 2 evryone who hv put in so much 2 dis thread.i hv been an armchair reader 4 months.henceforth i will be posting daily,if i hv any decent idea or fact 2 share.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2009
@all.Enough of all these lamentations over the disappearance of etv.When a door closes ,nature has a way of opening other new ones,.As far as FTA is concerned the sky is our limit.Exploration and experimentation are the spirit of FTA.Our spirit should not be dampened by this ugly development for we cannot be conquered.Why cry when we can access all we need in ASTRA2B,BADR4,6,HOTBIRD6,8,9,NILESAT101/102,AB4,just to mention  a few.FTA is more or less about BUD.Just try and pick one(1.8m to 6m) and the battle continues. It is a battle for freedom.

For those having problem with tracking ASTRA 2B(@28.2 degrees East),you can use DSTV (EUTEL.W4@ 36 degrees East ,Freq12207H SR 27500) as your reference position.Standing at the back of your dish,move your dish by about 4 degrees to the right.Then move it up by about 9 degrees and you will hit the bird.You can achieve the above steps by using an inlinometer and a magnetic compass. You may use a protractor as an improvised inclinometer.While facing your dish ,remember to adjust the position of your LNBF to 3 o'clock position.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
@all.etv is now using NAGRA3 encryption.Check  http://www.lyngsat.com/intel68.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2009
@ George_D, Twinstaiye and Dejsam and All:

Regarding the upgrade from Analog TV to Digital TV signals by NTA; I'm quite surprised that they're actually starting the conversion this early. We all know how Nigeria Authorities wait until the last minute to implement planned projects. In my previous posts and tips on this forum, starting from season 1, (i believe)  I have been telling people to get ready for this change from Analog to Digital Signals and also for users to buy Mpeg 4 compliant receivers and TV. Here is where  I talked about USA's switch from Analog to Digital Signals, and a link to an article discussing when Nigeria will convert to Digital TV signal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by javu: 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2009
hi, u guys r really doing a great job by setting us free from d likes of DS Thief V! who r bent on ripping us off! now dat they have taken etv from us they have made intelsat 7/10 ku band almost useless. please what are the stations on astra 2b?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2009
@butoneday,

how far,thanks for the call yesterday.i really appreciate.i have sent a message to ur box iro that stuff.

pls confirm as it is very important.

@ george d,

i hail o.i saw ur message.thanks for being there always.

@ all,

etv is gone.lets just forget about it.i will rather advice that all should rather go for any alternative bird.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by javu: 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2009
hi, u guys are doing a great job setting pple free from the likes of DS Thief V! i guess de have now snatched etv from us, de have made stations on intelsat 7/10 ku uninteresting. pls wat stations are available on astra 2b?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
[quote Author=pitodenz]@ all am going to miss cheater in etv if etv eventually go off. Anyway i ve too many alternative even though they went off is only cheaters i enjoy watching. In the other hand i like etv to even go so that our pple ll stop settling easily for one satellite that has very little or nothing at all to offer. Let the fighting spirit of all go high so that many ll start looking for alternative for 90cm dishes. That the spirit of FTA.     @ George D i finally nail my badr. As i always say i believe in trying new things. At first a refused to use fuji  lnb but after you advice for it,i tried it and it failed me. So i return back my shop 2.0db lnb and continue enjoying my precious fox movie. It was yesterday i came across Old Master Digisat 2.0db,it was  already cut by me long time ago,so i fixed it and still NoWay. I now removed it and cut it exactly the way i cut the shop lnb and fix it and wam! for the first time my mbc jump to 50% bbc,euronews,dubai one,all the jsc came out. So u see we mustnt always depend on fuji afterall is very expensive. Imagine fuji being sold for N5,500 here in ph and i got digisat from north for N800. And this time digisat performed better. Maybe fuji is good for fiber dishes but that i confirm once i used this my latest cutting on fiber dish with digisat.     @ emeystan  if srt 4910 is sold for 9k in alaba then my name is James Bond lol. [/quote]
Pitodenz, can you clarify the red highligted above? When you say you cut the LNB, do you mean removing the LNB cover, or physically (sawing off) cutting the LNB feed horn or what? Can you post a good picture of the "cut LNB? cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2009
blexxonmak:

@all.etv is now using NAGRA3 encryption.Check  http://www.lyngsat.com/intel68.html

Nagra 3 is not foolproof, it's already broken. Although it may take time before EMUs are available as it may come out in cards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
F_Marshal:

Pitodenz, can you clarify the red highligted above? When you say you cut the LNB, do you mean removing the LNB cover, or physically (sawing off) cutting the LNB feed horn or what? Can you post a good picture of the "cut LNB? cool

@ fmarshal,

it means cutting off the base of the lnb with a saw.just as u rightly said.if u look at the picture of my dish set up i posted few weeks ago,u will see it

boldly.the digisat lnb i use has been cut,likewise the pauxis lnb i used as an attachment for nss 7 has been cut too.the cutting helps ur signal

strenght.like wise when u are using a c band lnb.when u cut a glass of the same size with ur dielctric and use it, it boost ur signal with 10%.u can

confirm by giving it  a trial urself.and for easy installation of your 1.8m or 2.4m set up,the distance between the base of ur lnb and the centre of ur

1.8m dish should be exactly 27 inches when measured with a tape,and that of the 2.4m dish should be exactly 36 inches.if u use these

measurements,it will save u a lot of stress when setting up ur dish.these two measurements are the required focal lenght for the two different dish

sizes.and as for the fuji lnb issue,u cannot get an original fuji like the old fuji available in the past.except u can hunt for a fairly used original

lnb.digisat as far as i am concerned is a very very good lnb and can perform even better than the fuji available in the market these days.i even had

to buy and keep the 2way digisat as its always very scarce in the market .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2009
microgiant:

Nagra 3 is not foolproof, it's already broken. Although it may take time before EMUs are available as it may come out in cards.

see a picture of nagravision 3 fta receiver

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
microgiant:

shocked Where? How? When? Over here in North America it has been dark for all Nagra 3 encrypted Signals for almost a year now.

Note: I don't condone or advocate soiling of encrypted Satellite TV signals. All discussion relating to Nagra 3 was only for educational purposes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.