Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,744 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263026 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by idyday(m): 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2009
@ALL, i learnt multi tv is based in Ghana,they are transmitting free(digitally).they are planning 2 add more channels soon.pls could someone tell me the nearest place to buy MPEG-4 Decoder,i live in uyo.it's not available there.pls what decoders can receive multi tv apart 4rm mpeg-4 strong.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2009
Hi everyone, let's stop crying for etv that went off, as long as air is free, fta stations will live forever, even in Europe(England) fta lovers are fighting, why not us; please read this article:http:news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/front_page/8175982.stm
special greetings to George_D, Pito & all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nolywe(m): 6:33pm On Aug 03, 2009
@all, Good evening my fellow fta lovers, I just noticed that no one wants to post the available channels on astra 2b, Can a good hearted person post it plz, thanx alot.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
Dejsam:

@ fmarshal,

it means cutting off the base of the lnb with a saw.just as u rightly said.if u look at the picture of my dish set up i posted few weeks ago,u will see it

boldly.the digisat lnb i use has been cut,likewise the pauxis lnb i used as an attachment for nss 7 has been cut too.the cutting helps ur signal

strenght.like wise when u are using a c band lnb.when u cut a glass of the same size with ur dielctric and use it, it boost ur signal with 10%.u can

confirm by giving it  a trial urself.and for easy installation of your 1.8m or 2.4m set up,the distance between the base of ur lnb and the centre of ur

1.8m dish should be exactly 27 inches when measured with a tape,and that of the 2.4m dish should be exactly 36 inches.if u use these

measurements,it will save u a lot of stress when setting up ur dish.these two measurements are the required focal lenght for the two different dish

sizes.and as for the fuji lnb issue,u cannot get an original fuji like the old fuji available in the past.except u can hunt for a fairly used original

lnb.digisat as far as i am concerned is a very very good lnb and can perform even better than the fuji available in the market these days.i even had

to buy and keep the 2way digisat as its always very scarce in the market .
Dejsam, thanks for the expalanation. grin

@ the Red highlighted: It should be noted that those figures you stated should only be applicable to a particular manufactured or Brand of dish. Those shouldn't be a standard Focal point measurement for 1.8 and 2.4m dishes forall brands and instances.

[size=14pt]EDIT:[/size] Are these the LNBs you were referring to? I can't see the area(s) that was sawed off!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2009
@Nolywe

Check page 79 of this Section you will get the  ASTRA 2B Channels you ask for, Please always read the past post be4 asking question
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2009
Nolywe,
pls check this link for the Astra2B channels- http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2b.html

all,
I hope the SAT3 cable cut didnt affect you too much.70% of internet users in Nigeria including me were cut off with the unfortunate incident last week.
e tv feeds are still available.any news on mpeg4 receivers in Alaba,and what is the price if available?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2009
George d/hw u dey ,am sorry 4 not respondg to ur issue on the of strsat,am sorry,hw u dey,am on the bench 4 nw,jungle man enitan hw u dey.thks to all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by benalways(m): 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2009
@All
MULTI TV - FACT SHEET

WHAT IS MULTI TV?
MULTI TV is a stunningly new Free-To-Air Multiple channel Digital Direct To-Home TV service.
Multi TV is another exciting media offering from the MULTIMEDIA GROUP, the indigenous Ghanaian company that brought you JOY FM, ADOM FM, MYJOYONLINE.COM and 5 other great media brands.
We are committed to:
DIGITAL TV ACCESS FOR ALL: We believe that quality digital TV should be accessible to everybody; not just reserved for the privileged few. Multi TV brings world class entertainment from across the world into every home.
LOCAL PRODUCTION: While Multi TV will feature the best of international content, we will consistently support and actively promote local content production and broadcast.
WHAT CHANNELS DO I GET?
Multi TV is currently offering great choice in a bouquet of 20 stunning TV & radio channels. This will gradually grow to over 200 channels in the future.
Our 7 day 24 hour on-screen program guide makes it easy to choose what to watch and listen to anytime.
We also have the capacity to deliver HD (high definition) transmission in the future. HD will give you up to 5 times more picture detail than standard TV.
With this, you will get deeper, richer, more lifelike pictures plus awesome surround sound that puts you at the centre of the action.
HOW DO I “TUNE IN” TO MULTI TV?
To receive and enjoy our programmes, you will be required to install a Digibox and a KU-Band satellite dish. We recommend that you deal with our preferred dealers.
WHAT IS A DIGIBOX & WHERE CAN I ACQUIRE ONE?
It is an MPEG 4 Digital Set-Top Box that enables you to watch the digital signals on your TV set. Digital signals give superb quality sound and crystal clear quality pictures.
You may acquire one from any of our preferred dealers or call Multi TV on 021-211680-5. You may also visit our site: www.multitvworld.com for a list of our preferred dealers.
The basic Digibox starts from GH¢150.00.
The basic full kit [basic Digibox + Dish] plus installation starts from GH¢210.00.
The premium full kit [premium Digibox + Dish] plus installation starts from GH¢250.00.
CAN I USE ANY SATELITE DISH TO RECEIVE MULTI TV SIGNAL?
You can use any KU-Band dish but we recommend a 90cm dish
AM I REQUIRED TO PAY ANY SUBSCRIPTIONS OR MONTHLY FEES?
NO! It is FRRREEEEE… you will not pay subscriptions or monthly fees ever.
DOES YOUR SERVICE HAVE PARENTAL CONTROL FEATURE?
Yes it does… Our Parental Control feature allows you to restrict access to any program that you do not want your children to watch.
This means a password is required to watch certain categories of programming.
WHERE CAN I GET MULTI TV RECEPTION?
Multi TV is for everyone and is everywhere! Multi TV offers true nationwide coverage from the northernmost to the remotest part of Ghana.
CAN I USE MY REDUNDANT [GBS, DSTV etc] DISH TO RECEIVE THE SIGNAL?
Yes, you can, but you need an installer to re-align your dish to receive the Multi TV signal and you would still need to acquire a Multi TV Digibox.
CAN I USE MY DSTV DISH WITH THE MULTI TV DIGIBOX TO RECEIVE THE MULTI TV SIGNAL AND STILL WATCH MY DSTV?
NO.
Multi TV is on a different satellite.
To watch both services, you will require another dish directed to the Multi TV signal.
DO YOU HAVE DUAL VIEW FEATURES?
Yes. This is available on the premium Digibox. The dual view premium Digibox enables you to record your favorite programmes and also watch different channels in different rooms.
CAN I OPERATE MY OWN CHANNEL ON YOUR PLATFORM?
Yes any organization [e.g. church, independent producer, football club or existing TV operator etc.] may acquire a dedicated channel in our bouquet.
Contact the General Manager on 021-211680-5.
WILL THE PICTURE BREAK OR IS THE SIGNAL LOST WHEN IT RAINS? IS THERE ANYTHING ONE CAN DO TO STOP THAT?
This is known as “rain fade” and it affects all satellite broadcast systems during heavy rain.
MULTI TV ensures that under most circumstances our cherished viewers are not affected by this. However in heavy rain it can sometimes be unavoidable.
To check that you have a good signal in normal weather conditions, you can view both signal strength and quality levels on the Installation satellite scan menu.
Signal strength should exceed 86% and signal quality should exceed 68% in clear weather.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF THERE IS A PROBLEM?
Contact your dealer/installer or call Multi TV on 021-211680-5 or
Visit us online: www.multitvworld.com
Join the Multi TV Family –––––stunning world class TV for EVERYONE

MULTI TV: MORE TV FOR FRREEEEE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Unseen(m): 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2009
Just nailed Astra2b on 60CM using 12.599 V 03255 for Crtv, and 12.729 V 02.725 for Ltm tv with strong decoder 4652. Guys its the easiest bird to hunt using Dstv location.At the least, you will hit 80% using the method that have been explained earlier.Other edited frequencys include 12.550 V 19.525, 12.617 V 08.000, 12.639 V 10.000 but nothing came up. Probably the channels are on HD for Multi tv.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 1:32am On Aug 04, 2009
@unseen, i spent all my time yesterday to track that multitv but to no avail. I use 90cm dish and srong 4653x decoder
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 2:31am On Aug 04, 2009
nearest
it seems to me that you have been provided with all the details you need to proceed. Happy tracking.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Unseen(m): 6:56am On Aug 04, 2009
@Emeritus153
Since you're using strong, use those frequencies I posted and also read earlier posts, surely you will hit it.
The bird is right beside W4, Dstv location.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nearest(m): 7:14am On Aug 04, 2009
@ eduzo by bro, it wasn't easy, i tried all i could but couldn't get even the dstv signal before proceeding to track astra2b, but i'll continue today, please if you have a simpler way of tracking without the use of compass, please let me know, maybe on how to use the protractor, i can easily get mytv signals without stress, but with all the dstv satellites around me, i still couldn't get it,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 8:10am On Aug 04, 2009
@nearest, Emiritus
You can try changing the polarity or better if you can let the house know which LNBs you are using. This is based on the assumption that you have got everything in check - cable, screws et all and of course your dish is without any obstruction.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 8:39am On Aug 04, 2009
F_Marshal:

Dejsam, thanks for the expalanation. grin

@ the Red highlighted: It should be noted that those figures you stated should only be applicable to a particular manufactured or Brand of dish. Those shouldn't be a standard Focal point measurement for 1.8 and 2.4m dishes forall brands and instances.

[size=14pt]EDIT:[/size] Are these the LNBs you were referring to? I can't see the area(s) that was sawed off!

@ f marshall,

thats what i have always used for both dish sizes and it has been working perfectly irrespective of the brand of dish i am using.compare the both lnbs on

the picture.the right one has been cut.while the left one hasent been cut.just have a close look.u will notice the left one still has the white cap.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2009
@salamander, am using strong lnb srt L739 with 4653x strong decoder. Pls help me i want to try it again today.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2009
@salamander, am using strong lnb srt L739 with 4653x strong decoder. Pls help me i want to try it again today.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2009
@All
Strong has 2 HD STB models, 4900 & 4910. I will advise everybody to purchase the 4910 which is a satellite and terrestrial receiver, while the 4900 is for satellite only. The advantage is that most of the TV’s in Nigeria (including Flat Screen models e.g. LG Flatron are analogue TV receivers) cannot receive digital signals. When stations start switching over and transmitting digital signals you cannot receive it with the present telly’s except you are ready to purchase a Plasma or LCD TV which have digital reception capability. In USA the government had to subsidize boxes that can convert digital signals to enable analogue TV owners to watch local programs on terrestrial transmission with the switch over. Currently South African TV Stations are already switching to digital transmission.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2009
all,
I think it is worth it getting an HD receiver.I went through Joy TV schedule and realised they will be showing these 3 European leagues-French Ligue 1,German Bundesliga,and Spanish La Liga,all for free.Remember that Nigeria has ObafemiMartins and ChineduOgbuke in the Bundesliga.Check the link- http://www.multitvworld.com/sports.htm
WARNING-I would like to warn some 419 guys who have been calling me from Ghana pretending to look for the ways to decode etv and MYtv.Please back off as I am not dumb enough to be conned.I dont want anybody calling me again or giving out my number to strange people.This is the reason I didnt display my phone number.
Any news about Strong HD receiver and the price?Is it cheaper in Europe?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2009
nolywe:

@all, Good evening my fellow fta lovers, I just noticed that no one wants to post the available channels on astra 2b, Can a good hearted person post it plz, thanx alot.
@ nolywe

Maybe no one wants to "post the available channels on astra 2b" as you claim because it has been posted several times on this thread. please do well to read previous posts. pls read pages 75,76,77,78 almost all relevant ifo on Astra 2b has been discussed. or you can click the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242036.2368.html

NB: No offence buddy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nearest(m): 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2009
@ salamander i use a strong str 4652 and strong lnb, i don't know, its easy to get the mytv signals after my failed astra2b tracking but can't seem to get w4 or astra2b, bro could u give me the tp and sr used in tracking w4, i'll be really greatful. @eduzo no luck today, any further help? maybe using mytv signal position which i effortlessly seem to get every time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Unseen(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2009
@nearest
Use this for your W4. 12.169 H 27.500. Please note that with 60cm, W4 will not be in the same line with mytv. So turn your dish just a little bit to the right before lifting. And note, If you are using diseqc switch, and you don't know how to set it in your dish setting, PLEASE input any of these tps under the satellite name you have been using for mytv cause I guess that is the problem.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2009
@nearest .From MY TV position,standing at the back of your dish,turn your dish by about 10.5 degrees to your right.Then lift it up gradually and gently Use Freq.12599V Sr 3249 for your tracking.Align the point where your wire enters the LNBF to coincide with the 3 o'clock position.You can use a protractor to mark out the angle of 10.5 degrees on a cardboard sheet.Cut it out.Place one side of the angle at the middle and  parallal to one side of the LNBF arm.Sight along the other side of the angle to get an insight as to where the LNBF should be pointing at Astra position.If you lift your dish up gradually from that position you must surely hit the bird.I hope this helps.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2009
@toxnaija,
The SAT3 cable cut was a major drawback last week. I wonder why it keeps
getting cut everytime.

@Dejsam,
Any luck yet on the coc updates?

@ekonibaje,
I feel you, my brother. Na from bench you dey do your installations now?

@BUTONEDAY,
Is the dish testing for tomorrow still for real? I'm storming your end with all my
FTA armoury to squeeze out green from those pans of yours o! grin

@JMS,
Stay cool, brother.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jujukemist(m): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2009
gangsta I hail,been following this thread from the side lines cool
Men, I cant believe how you guys are battling to keep out viruses.
Well done.
Pito, george d etc how are you guys
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2009
Dejsam:

see a picture of nagravision 3 fta receiver

@Dejsam,
So we have to go and buy a special receiver now all because of etv? grin
Abeg make dem go sit down! grin

On the other hand, I noticed etv encryption on SA beam remains the same:
nagravision 1 so I'm thinking those on pan or fibre 2.4m and above receiving
SA out-of-footprint signals may not have anything to worry about.
Just a thought.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2009
@jujukemist,
How far? Looks like movement is on the low ebb now o!
What's happening?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2009
hi bros.pls i want to know if bbc stream can wek in west africa on astra 2b or not,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2009
@ALL

What ever happened to the investigation about MULTI TV decoder as to whether i't has features compared to the STRONG Mpeg 4 decoder?, i.e blind scan and all that?  Any one with that info should pls make share.

@Toxnaija. Thanks for reminding everyone that fraud is not to be entertained in this forum. If someone wants to watch pay TV, get the cash and pay for it. Free-To-Air is all we do in here.

@Blakstar

Thanks for encouraging Nolywe to read.

@ Nolywe

Always remember that READING is very useful. Pls cultivate a good reading habbit. It will give you long life.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2009
George_D:

@Dejsam,
So we have to go and buy a special receiver now all because of etv? grin
Abeg make dem go sit down!  grin

On the other hand, I noticed etv encryption on SA beam remains the same:
nagravision 1 so I'm thinking those on pan or fibre 2.4m and above receiving
SA out-of-footprint signals may not have anything to worry about.
Just a thought.

@ george d,

yes .sure those that are on c band intelsat 7/10 can still enjoy etv for free.i think the reason it was blocked was becos of the hitv and ait that got  

the champions league rights.they are only trying everything possible to make sure people pay for their subsription.

and if they are waiting for someone like me to pay for their erratic broadcast .they have failed themselves o  tongue tongue

though the receiver is not really ment for etv but for highly loaded nagravision three encrpted providers like polsat on hotbird,hispasat etc
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2009
Enitan, for now u can reach me on this no 07067535199. am yet to retrieve my old line which was stolen last wk. have lost ur number, kindly re-send it to me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2009
dejsam,
etv on c-band is also affected.that is what I have been watching.pls let us forget about them as I believe more goodies are coming.

olason/enitan,
pls holla your pal oooo.I am already missing everyone.I am waiting.

all,
I plan to undertake a tour of regular members' residences/offices in the Lagos/South west Nigeria axis early next month.Pls let me know when you want me to come.I might never have the golden opportunity again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.