Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261791 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 7:08am On Aug 06, 2009
BUTONEDAY
Please, pretty please I'd like some info regarding the santech ku lnb. Where is it made ? Is it a single port or has it also got a dual, triple or quad port version? And finally, finally how much does it cost? Thanks.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nolywe(m): 7:28am On Aug 06, 2009
Gudmorning all, May all the birds have bird flu so that we can easily track and shoot 'em, Amen, cool grin tongue
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 8:14am On Aug 06, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@George_D,
I am expecting a tested 4m pan dish from the north. The dish will arrive on Friday this week and I would like to try it first before thinking of testing the 3m fibre. According to the guy who tested the dish, showsport/showmovies/CNN are hitting 80% on 4652. MBC is 84%. If the dish can give me showsport at 42% here in the south on 4652, then it is still OK.

@ butoneday,

congatulations with this new developement.i wish say me sef go fit dey there with my oga george to do the installation for southern part of the

country like warri.but all the same sha,i think with what usaid it was given on cnn and showsports,u should be able to get 75% of that in ur

location,which is like 50-60% signal quality.i will be waiting to hear good news from ur end sha.i will definately give u a shout then.

@george d,
thank God say u don finally conquer the enemies intension to stop u from enjoying fta goodies. grin grin grin

since both dishes are back now just go and bring out ur riffle to start hunting down any bird that comes ur way.but dont shoot at the whole nest

so that u wount deprive all of us from watching.i just say make i halla u,how ur end?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by kkkossy(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2009
Any1 wit d new code for fta channel.i'm missin my etv.tanx
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2009
olofofo
please fill me in on this santech ku lnb. Where is it made? Is it single, dual,triple or quad
port? Do you have an idea how much this gizmo costs? Thanks.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2009
all,

Strong Receiver SRT 4900 and SRT 4910 is now available in Alaba only by demand.
You can get it from these Strong distributors:

Kennedo investment at Alaba international Market – Lagos
Phone: 080331644831 & 07055173186

Sobis Communications at Alaba international Market – Lagos
Phone: 08033457018 & 07040299157
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2009
all,

The price goes between N50,000 and N55,000.

Kennedo investment sells SRT 4910 for N55,000
while Sobis Communications sell the same SRT 4910 for N50,000.
But Note that it is strictly on demand because of the cost.
This is the latest news on SRT 4900 and SRT 4910. You can call their numbers to verify.

Kennedo investment - Phone: 08031644831 & 07055173186

Sobis Communications - Phone: 08033457018 & 07040299157
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Smartsboy(m): 9:45am On Aug 06, 2009
Hi, I tried crtv at astra2b on strong 4652x but it never turns green. Kept stretching 4rm 12% to 40%. But i got ltm tv at 80% on the same position non-english channel with bad picture. I later changed to sirius4 there i got 61% but having problem tracking both w3a and sirius4 to watch both at a time. I manually turn my 90cm a bit up above w3a then to my right to get sirius. This forum is a great help to me, i never knew how to track birds. Thank u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:00am On Aug 06, 2009
@Dejsam,
Thanks my brother. Both dishes are certainly up and running now. Yesterday marked
the final round of my FTA restoration after that thunder strike. But for the persistent
rains here I would have done it sooner but it just keeps on raining here everyday
making outside installations impossible. Thank God there was a slight break and I quickly
cashed in on it yesterday.
My di-electric was behaving funny when i tried tracking with the supermax c-band lnb.
Imagine getting CNN as low as 39%! But I quickly adjusted and wham! Everything jumped
back to normal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:10am On Aug 06, 2009
Buben:

all,

The price goes between N50,000 and N55,000.

Kennedo investment sells SRT 4910 for N55,000
while Sobis Communications sell the same SRT 4910 for N50,000.
But Note that it is strictly on demand because of the cost.
This is the latest news on SRT 4900 and SRT 4910. You can call their numbers to verify.

Kennedo investment - Phone: 08031644831 & 07055173186

Sobis Communications - Phone: 08033457018 & 07040299157

@Buben,
This your info get as e be o! I thought somebody said he contacted the same dealers
last week and they were saying the receiver was available for around 9K to 10K? How
come it is now suddenly btw 50k and 55k? Something tells me those dealers are trying
to capitalize on the sudden frenzy of inquiries coming from our members and they want
to make maximum profit. If not, how come the sharp increase?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2009
George_D:

@Dejsam,
Thanks my brother. Both dishes are certainly up and running now. Yesterday marked
the final round of my FTA restoration after that thunder strike. But for the persistent
rains here I would have done it sooner but it just keeps on raining here everyday
making outside installations impossible. Thank God there was a slight break and I quickly
cashed in on it yesterday.
My di-electric was behaving funny when i tried tracking with the supermax c-band lnb.
Imagine getting CNN as low as 39%! But I quickly adjusted and wham! Everything jumped
back to normal.

@ george,

how about ur nta hope it still came out  with strong signal quality.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2009
@George_D,

Obviously the information that the SRT 4900/4910 receivers goes for 9K or 10k is wrong. Maybe the dealers were'nt quite sure of the receiver . Maybe they thought it is a new model of the SD receivers they are currently selling in the market not knowing that it is completely HD. I wrote Strong office in Abuja concerning the SRT 4900/4910 receivers and below is their reply in quote:

Sir,

The requested receiver model SRT 4900 and SRT 4910 can be opted through Strong Solutions distribution network in Nigeria ; for instance you can contact any of the following establishment:
Kennedo investment at Alaba international Market – Lagos
Phone: 08031644831 & 07055173186

Sobis Communications at Alaba international Market – Lagos
Phone: 08033457018 & 07040299157

Regards,
So I called the dealers to confirm and both gave me different prices and telling me it is strictly on demand. They explained that it is HD terrestial, that is why the price is so high.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Unseen(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2009
If the price of strong HD decoders are actually that high, then Daarsat decoder will be a better option in as much that some essential functions will be missing.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2009
@Dejsam,
Yes, I still got NTA but it is struggling btw 49% and 51% quality. What is wrong
with that tp these days? Looks like it is getting more and more epileptic by the day.
Na wao!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2009
@Buben,
That's alright. I'm sure we can get alternatives to STRONG if it turns out those prices are
for real. They should keep selling 'on demand' until they are ready to sell from the shelf
like normal decoders. Seems to me they're about making the same mistake daarsat made
with their HD decoders when they first came out. Then, it was selling for about 40K and
when they realized people were avoiding them like the plague nobody told them to bring
down the price to 18k. So, let's watch how STRONG will play this out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 06, 2009
@ george,
i quite beleive the price buben tagged to the strong HD decoders, that was the reason adewest was quite skeptical about the 9k price. I saw on a forum that someone bought that strond decoder close to $220, so when i saw that ridiculous price of 9k i was suprised.
what do you think one should do now?

@ ola/badaru.
what help can u proffer in getting a HD deoder?
your response is needed ASAP
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Kungu(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2009
enitan2002:

@ george,
i quite beleive the price buben tagged to the strong HD decoders, that was the reason adewest was quite skeptical about the 9k price. I saw on a forum that someone bought that strond decoder close to $220, so when i saw that ridiculous price of 9k i was suprised.
what do you think one should do now?

@ ola/badaru.
what help can u proffer in getting a HD deoder?
your response is needed ASAP

Good afternoon all.

I got my strong srt 4910 HD receiver at 207$. i used a cargo clearing agent to get the receiver for me in Dubai. As Nigeria does a lot of imports from Dubai, you can get them to buy the receiver for you and import it.
Bellow is a reply email from the strong agent based Dubai as request for Strong SRT 4910 HD.

Dear Mr. Kangethe,

Thank you so much for your interest in Strong Technologies products. The SRT 4910 which you have referred to in your inquiry sent to us earlier is available in Dubai for AED 760 ($207 USD).

Let me know when you are travelling to Dubai so I can reserve a unit for you.

Regards,

Khaled Khayrallah
STRONG TECHNOLOGIES L.L.C
PO Box 28057 - Dubai - U.A.E.
TEL: +971 (4) 221-1955
FAX: +971 (4) 221-1477
Mail: khaled@strong-technologies.com
Web: http://www.strong-technologies.com
Web: http://www.mytvafrica.tv

Hope this will help the price to come down.

Be blest always.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nolywe(m): 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2009
If that prize is true,,that means yawa don dey, Im still looking 4 money to buy big dish lol
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
I was also suprised abt the 9k price tag when i checked on one of such forums sb said it was abt $300 . I personally called sobis 2day to confirm the 55000 naira price. I think it is high time we start thinking of a w ay to get multitv digibox as it stands to be the best option, i have this feeling that it might go d way of etv dt unless u have their decoder u would not be able to view it. Also i wish to let u all know that the security of nagra 3 is quite tight d4 solution to etv is far.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2009
For me i think i will settle down for the digibox.
What we now need is who will go to ghana to arrange this digibox or how do we get it
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2009
this is a wakeup call for our fellow peeps in ghana, captainus, salamander e.t.c, to come to our aid. we are all waiting
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2009
check the below link for HD decoders

http://www.sat-system.co.uk/index.php?l=search_list&s[match]=all&s[search]=hdmi&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[cid]=0&s[subcats]=Y&s[mid]=0&s[sku]=&s[price_from]=&s[price_to]=&s[weight_from]=&s[weight_to]=
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2009
@all.Echolink latest software +gca-d files are now available.Contact me via my email address if u are intersted.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2009
@ all,

these are the new orbit channels on nilesat.it opens with abracadabra card and coco card.

enjoy ur selves smiley smiley smiley

11373 h 27500 3/4

fashion tv
al yawm
alsafwa
cinema 1
cinema 2
series +4
ann
music now
super moveis +1
nba
pinoy extreme
gma pinoy
gma life
mnl

14 CHANNELS from orbit
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2009
@all, pls i want this big dish that we use for aljazeera. Anybody know the price that i can get it. Am sure the price of that strong 4910 will soon come down.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2009
@enitan,
Let's forget STRONG for now. When their eye clear they will bring their prices
down. I think presently we have a choice btw multi-tv digibox and daarsat HD
decoder.
Personally I think the digibox may serve us better since all we are aiming at
for now is Astra 2B.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
@Dejsam,
Well done for that orbit info. I knew they were up to something what
with all those adverts they have been putting out for some days now.
Now nilesat truly rocks! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2009
@dejsam, i need more explanation on that nilesat. What size of dish? How can we get the card. God will surely help u as u explain.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2009
Emeritus153:

@dejsam, i need more explanation on that nilesat. What size of dish? How can we get the card. God will surely help u as u explain.

@emeritus 153,

ur location will determine the size of dish u will need.but if u are in lagos area, 2.4m above is the best option for u.then u will need a receiver.i will

rather suggest u go for echolink and other satellite set up related items,may be for a ground mount dish or a motorised setup depending on ur

choice.but the motorised set up is preferable and will be better.u can chat me online. E-mail-dejsam247@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2009
@ all,

ORBIT IN Nilesat 101/102 - Atlantic Bird 4A @ 7° West -

another frequency and more channels: 11411 H 27500

fox sport
ppv1
ppv2
ppv3
mgm
al riyadiah
series chnnel
playhouse
trace
discovery
history
2+ america
cinema city
xtra movies

this makes it a total of twenty eight channels added to nilesat.

guys this is enjoyment galore for all club members
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
@Kungu,
What is your location? Mine is Longitude 36.48 East, Latitude 1.16 South. I need to ask for a favour from you - regarding your HD receiver. My Email is: (nash.namubich@gmail.com).
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2009
all,
I think my take on the Strong HD receiver is that we should all forget about it for now.The price will definitely come down soon.Go and ask for the price of Echolink now which we bought at almost 25k when it came.I heard it is about half that price now!
I

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.