Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263040 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ George or anybody who have daarsat decoder. Can daarsat box get the signal of the new etv tp? I need answer asap cos i ve tried it with no success. George, on the issue of ftb,is just a matter of time,we ll get hooked back to yellow guys trust me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ All we should not expect strong to come out with mpeg4 receiver at the same rate with already mpeg2 use by mtv africa because if they do so, believe me mytv africa ll definetekly close down. In the issue of comparing 69x with daarsat box,i ll say that daarsat box is not my dream HD receiver. But since most providers re going mpe4 instead of full HD,i stick with 69x. For instance daarsat after so much noise about HD,they end up having only one HD channel which i think they ve dropped. My advice to all is to get which ever one of them you prefer but me i ll manage 69x till i ve money for my dream receiver 4910 HD. Advert or no advert let the truth be said Strong is good! Right now am using daar box but if i cant get it to work on etv,i ll sell it. @ George i ll send u the latest yellow ip for yf but it gonna be b/w me and u ooh! Ftb is going cofidential now hope u grab!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ pit, on ftb, u've counted me out also. No wahala
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2009
@George will you be in town for the 49th birthday of our 9ja?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2009
@muyiwa i want 2 believe u ar naive when it comes 2 FTA judging frm d way u askd dat question,so i wil just try & give u a lift. IST u av 2 tel us d size of ur dish,ur decoder.Most importantly,in d meantime i wil like u 2 quickly flip thru d FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS on TV MOVIES.There u can learn more & know where 2 get d FTA frequency u ar looking 4. Be warnd dat dis house may not entertain any further inquries by u if there is any suspicion u avn't done this.Good luck
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2009
Par 0 0 ITa
65min
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Gangsta101: If it is the lightwave dvbs usb box you got, I am quite certain it is supported. I could help out, if you told me the OS you're running and what the system "device manager" detects the card as. It should be grouped under the sound and video controllers. Also, read the readme file included with the driver cd for instructions on how to install it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2009
@boderline, d first tv station is tv miramar, drops to about 21% 4rm 41%. D second is tv madagascar,breaks and freezes sumtimes. All others are okay. Will xpecting ur reply soonest.@all can anyone link me up wit a place to buy 69x in ibadan?hw much is it? Advice on daarsat/69x. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2009
@all guys those on 2m on w6.what is the lastest from that bird.is a long time comment came from there.those on sirius 4 and using mpeg4 can u confirm of the new israel channel on that bird
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ paps1 i think u are rite, the channel were there
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 5:34am On Sep 26, 2009
Litaninja,

Okay, My system runs windows xp sp2, the usb box is installed with dm20s drivers (i believe it's the same as yours), and i installed it by attaching the device and after the system finds the new hardware, i use the installation wizard to finish the installation.
The device can allow me use the 'follow come' dvb player to watch FTA stations, but then again that's only the tip of the iceberg isn't it?
Progdvb does not provide support for dm20s drivers, i tried selecting BDA drivers but nothing doing. it accepts the device if u use kword dvbs, but you can't watch anything. so i uninstalled the device, and tried to install it as another type of device by downloading several drivers from the net, including BDA, Nova wintv, e.t.c, but the system refused to install it as anything other than a dm20s device. so i had to go online and look for other alternatives.

But you said you got yours to work, how did u go about that?

MODIFIED,

I have been able to modify the drivers of the device to accept the dvbs box, so i now i'm off home to find out if the progdvb will accept the card.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 11:19am On Sep 26, 2009
@ Moderators: I just tried to make a post to reply Gangsta101, but my post keeps getting deleted. Can you please look into this??
Tanx

@ Gangsta101: The thing is that the Lightwave company has moulded the plastic body on pre-made DVB-s USB motherboards from other companies. I gues due to available stock from the original manufacturers of the box, the drivers and their support might change. The one we got here was detected and installed using LGE DVB-s TV box drivers and it worked fine on Winxp, vista (32bit and 64Bit). I am almost certain the DM20 series is also supported. You just have to find the right card name in progdvb. Try pluging the device in --> then when you start up progdvb --> go to Settings tab --> select device list --> here you should see some devices (like internet gate client, AVR dvb, BDA tv , e.t.c) --> Select them 1 by 1 and disable each of them --> Look through the device list again, there should be "Advanced USB 2.0 DVB-s TV Box (file name: newmi.device) " listed as one of them --> Select it and enable the device --> close the dialog box

Go back to the settings tab again --> Select Device List --> Look at the devices list again --> hopefully there should be an icon looking like a card circuit or something beside the device name --> if you see this then the device is detected & you can go to the next step below --> if you dont see this icon go disable the device and try to re-enable another one till you get the correct one.

If you get the correct device --> close the dialog box --> go to settings tab --> Deseq and providers --> click on the dvb-s card name --> add lnb --> enter your lnb parameters --> close the dialog box --> go to channel list --> select scan transponder --> enter your transponder settings --> click lock and you should see you signal meter reflect the change in settings.

Hope this helps,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 11:29am On Sep 26, 2009
@ Gangsta101: The thing is that the Lightwave company has moulded the plastic body on pre-made DVB-s USB motherboards from other companies. I gues due to available stock from the original manufacturers of the box, the drivers and their support might change. The one we got here was detected and installed using LGE DVB-s TV box drivers and it worked fine on Winxp, vista (32bit and 64Bit). I am almost certain the DM20 series is also supported. You just have to find the right card name in progdvb. Try pluging the device in --> then when you start up progdvb --> go to Settings tab --> select device list --> here you should see some devices (like internet gate client, AVR dvb, BDA tv , e.t.c) --> Select them 1 by 1 and disable each of them --> Look through the device list again, there should be "Advanced USB 2.0 DVB-s TV Box (file name: newmi.device) " listed as one of them --> Select it and enable the device --> close the dialog box

Go back to the settings tab again --> Select Device List --> Look at the devices list again --> hopefully there should be an icon looking like a card circuit or something beside the device name --> if you see this then the device is detected & you can go to the next step below --> if you dont see this icon go disable the device and try to re-enable another one till you get the correct one.

Next Step:

If you get the correct device --> close the dialog box --> go to settings tab --> Deseq and providers --> click on the dvb-s card name --> add lnb --> enter your lnb parameters --> close the dialog box --> go to channel list --> select scan transponder --> enter your transponder settings --> click lock and you should see you signal meter reflect the change in settings.

Hope this helps,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2009
all live @ joy sport baca

and inter match
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by yemibaloo(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2009
All u babas ar realy doin a gud job, kudos to every1. I cant say dat am realy novist wen it comes to fta but hv immensely gaind a lot 4rm you guys, kudos to u all. I want to say dat we sudn't be turnin & turnin our dish especialy 90cm over n over again let say w3,sirus,nss7,astra cos it wil get to a point where d dish wil refuse to get any bird, Unles we get another new dish again.Once we naild a feed beter b comtemtd wit it unles other wise very ncesary. My questn is, i now hv 1.8m dish in Ib.(southern nigeria). Wil it b beter 4 me to face west or east?n d tps. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2009
@ Pitodenz,

Did u said the picture i posted makes u uncomfortable ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2009
@alancruise i av confirmd &dose channels ar doin quite well ,at least 58%above.there ar a lot of things dat may av causd ur signal lost d least of which is bad weather which d uplink might av encounterd b4 ur lnb feed kud pick it up. make sure ur dish alignment is okay i.e make sure there ar no loose ends dat kud make d dish tilt away frm d sat's orbit.then if dat doesn't solve d problem,u can den adjust d lnb &see how d signal improves-be careful wit d lnb-if d signal stil doesn't improve,u may want 2 change out d lnb wit d a new ku lnb, work it out,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2009
@yemibaloo-wel i like ur self-assurance but it wil be better if u drop dat 'not that i don't know it'mentality & make d best use of the info dis thread contains, a candid advice, 2 ur questn, d issue of whether 2 face east or west only comes in wen ur 1.8dish isn't motorisd.if dat is d case,d choice is left 4 u 2 make after u av found out 4 urself wat stations ar on east &west.going thru d FAQ on d TV MOVIES SECTION wil greatly help u, by the way, WELCOME 2 NL
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2009
@ adewest nope! I said they re unecessary to this thread and it occupying space. By the way,i ve issue with old roger backyard card,the card work the first time and refuse to work again after the guy left it out of system for 2weeks. Any suggestion? The receiver re strong and tiger thanks. @ George Dont worry i ll send it as soon as i finish test run today.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2009
@ pitodenz,
No wahala dat discussion will be at the backyard, and by the way na beg i dey beg u o. email me the yf setting at adebayo.adewale32@yahoo.com after experimental test running
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jujukemist(m): 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2009
gangsta you baffle me any how from yuor post I know that bokoharam didnt ambush you when you left my place.Thanks for helping me with the set up.
pito-longest time
George d, I remain loyal

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 6:52am On Sep 27, 2009
@ Gangsta101 & Jujukemist: From the pictures here, I guess you guys have been into FTA since 1970!!! UNA DON TEY!!! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:35am On Sep 27, 2009
@all

those with pending activation with the GROUP should please introduce themselves here. majority of your guys just don't exist here. also those with email accounts outside of gmail will not fully benefit. so you need to get gmail account to fully benefit.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by donmatin(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2009
Hello @ all,i realy am hapy dat der ar gurus in d house,freely u av recieved freely give,i dnt av any dish or decoder of ma own bt av read evry post 4rm 1st thread 2 3rd.nice work.for yf wit mtn,i click on ma pc n am browsing.at George i stay in warri bt am doin it in nnpc dats y i avnt kalld u,bt i wil kal u lets c face 2 face.again nice @ evry1.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by yemibaloo(m): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2009
@borderline. Thank you 4 ur reply, i realy apreciate dat. Hv went tru all d FAQ,even many post in season1 &2 n dos'nt answer my questn. Am sayin wot wil b d best positn (west/east) in ibadan with 1.8m fibre dish? cos of d weather problem basicaly relative humidity cos i use to see some fibre facing west around here & i dnt know d tp 4 west but i knew 4 east. Or other thin u tink wil help, thanks man!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2009
@yemibal  u stil avn't told me if dat your fibre dish is motorised i.e has a jack dat can move it frm one positn 2 anoda.but frm all indicatns,it looks like u dish isn't. &about your dose in your area u ar facin there dish westwards,u av 2 understand dat your choice of channels may differ frm theirs. 2 save u some time &stress,put a cal 2 dìs no.frm 7pm 08139223720,u need 2 play catch -up on a lot of things
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2009
Hi to evry1.I want to give advice to new pple on fta satellite which may help.U guys can visit www.lyngsat.com for d most comprehensive details on fta.Most satellite that beams Nigeria are europe/africa frequencies and atlantic frequency on east&west axis .The channels available wil be seen&get d tp,sr and fec.To check d map of the frequencies u can visit www.lyngsat.com/map. U can then click on d frequencies to determine d band i.e ku/cband&know the dish size u might need.The info is for beginners&fresher
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2009
pitodenz:

@ George or anybody who have daarsat decoder. Can daarsat box get the signal of the new etv tp? I need answer asap cos i ve tried it with no success. George, on the issue of ftb,is just a matter of time,we ll get hooked back to yellow guys trust me.

@pitodenz,
I have not tried etv on my daarsat yet but I think since you said it can open on 4669x mp4 then it should be game on daarsat box too. I will try it after changing my lnbs this week.

BTW, I got the stuff you sent, thanx. Will feed you back as soon as I get home.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2009
sayso:

@George will you be in town for the 49th birthday of our 9ja?

@sayso,
Yes. I will be in town for the 49th birthday bash. Could we hook up by then? smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2009
donmatin:

Hello @ all,i realy am hapy dat der ar gurus in d house,freely u av recieved freely give,i dnt av any dish or decoder of ma own bt av read evry post 4rm 1st thread 2 3rd.nice work.for yf wit mtn,i click on ma pc n am browsing.at George i stay in warri bt am doin it in nnpc dats y i avnt kalld u,bt i wil kal u lets c face 2 face.again nice @ evry1.

@donmatin,
If you're in Warri, we could hook up sometime. From NNPC housing complex to my end is less than 20 minutes drive. Just check my profile and ring my number. You're welcome to the forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2009
@yemibaloo,
If you have a 1.8m dish fibre, you don't need to worry whether it will face east or west. Just motorize it and you can face any direction you like. There are many stations you can get with your dish motorised, so why limit yourself to just one direction?

To motorize your dish, you need the following:

1. Jack
2. Positioner
3. Polar mount neck (if your dish does not have one already)
4. Jack wire

Just go to any store selling satellite equipment and they will get them for you.
As for weather, you can always secure your dish by having a solid pole cast in concrete and you can include a tripod at the base to increase its resistance to wind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.