Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261813 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 7:45am On Sep 29, 2009
@all,

Hope multitv no go Bleep up with this their dealer meetings o, cool
Let wait and see
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by yemibaloo(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2009
@ borderline. Got ur no, i wil call if ther is any hitch instaling, thanks man!

@George, thanks 4 d advice on motorizing it.
God bless u all!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2009
I love this thread very much,see the wealth of information in this forum,when I read some post from members I can see how each one has improved in knowledge and practice in FTA.People let us keep this spirit flying.

Oga moderator when are we moving to season 4,I do not want to miss the fun.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2009
@JMS,
Daarsat box is a little under $200 at an exchange rate of N153 here. Price is N18,000 for total package.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:10am On Sep 29, 2009
@twinskenny,
That's the stuff real FTA gurus are made of. Congrats!

@enitan,
Just take pito's advice. He knows what he's saying.

@yemibaloo,
You're welcome.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2009
borderline:

@george a nìlesat user came 2 my house yestday &told me there is now a way around coding aljazeera +1,-1 &+2 ,he wudn't go into details though, wat do u think frm your end,i'm prepping myself 4 dis nile installatn(wow! wat a space d dish is goin 2 swalow in backyard)

@borderline,
Your guy is right. And never mind the space the dish will take. Over time, what you'll be getting will be worth all the space taken up. Trust me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2009
George I dey salute ooo oohhh,keep the flag flying.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 9:23am On Sep 29, 2009
captanius,blakstar,salamander
u guys shud give us real time update on dis multitv meeting throughout 2day, we ar pretty anxious over dis meeting
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2009
pitodenz:

@ George D Yes oh!the good days re back. So let continue to hunt for the birds. With my 2.4m am enjoying all my dream channels including multitv on the same pan. Get 69x and see how sensitive the tuner is. @ All My advice to all is never to waste money on mesh dish,use that money to secure a 2.4m solid dish and enjoy the real value of your money. With 2.4m mesh u keep on moving east to west looking what channel to watch,while am here not knowing which of the channel to hook on for at least 2mins cos there re so many interesting channels to hook on, and u never know what u may be missing the other side. With satellites like badr,nilesat,astra and intel 907 for now i ll say bye bye to paytv.

@pitodenz,
I am picking a 4669X very soon. As soon as all the excitement has died down, I'm going to make my move.

As for solids being better than mesh, any serious FTA enthusiast should know that already.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2009
Oga george, u no fit tell me say na fish dey inside sardine can. I definitely know daarbox is better. How ya end?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2009
@all
How are you all doing?
I just want to thank all the great contributors of the forum; twinstaiye, olofofo, George_D, enitan, pitodenz, badaru, Gangsta101, baba_egun, salamander, jujukemist, adewest, Nash-FTA, sayso and others.
Few recommendations on the upcoming sub forum
1. Please also add a page that helps to track common birds with strong signal strength and SR stated. Like olason did on the first post of page 162
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242036.5152.html
2. For Transponder and channel updates a new page should be created and handle related issues.
3. For soccer stuffs also (what mach will be shown on what) new page should be created.

Keep up the good work
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dyoung1: 10:15am On Sep 29, 2009
Hi guys, pls,hw do i know the live champions league matches that is going to screened on Mbc 3.Is dere any means to check the fixture schedule online. Is d commentary in English or French??. I need answers pls,i am new to the house.Thanks. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2009
@all

The multi tv meeting is 2morrow. so will be there to fill the house in on any new filla.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 11:03am On Sep 29, 2009
Dr T, tanx 4 those kind words. To ur question Daarsat box or srt 4669x which is better. As far as am concerned the two are very ok but it now depends on how u can maximise d usage to ur advantage, vis-a- vis it's features and price. If u check d previous pages u wil see that I did an analysis on Daarsat box and base on dat I also did same ysterday on 4669x. Now it is left to u to make A choice. Good luck
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by talk2dre(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2009
@Zenus thanks for d info
@Borderline thanks also, seems i will go for a motorised 1.8m dish then, can u give me price specification for the dish
@alancruise From lyngsat, seems that sirius ans w3a has similar stations, but it seems u are right, i reside in Ogun State, close to Canaan Land, i use 90cm dish and i get stations like mbc's, malagasy, 2stv,stv1, RTS, tv miramar, go africa,future tv etc
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fasone(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2009
lovala:

Buvs,

Just wanna know, is there a possibility of fixing the Strong SRT 4653x remote control (without which one cannot perform any meaningful task with the decoder? Mine slipped and fell from my wife's hand and stopped working. If it can't be repaired, is there the possibility of buying just the remote control? i hope in future Strong Technologies of such happenings.

Most remote controls could be fixed successfully unless it fall in liquid or the battery polarity is interchanged wrongly. What u do is have it opened up, u will see a rectangular box-like device on the panel sometimes close to the battery compartment and not on the surface where buttons are. It has two legs that are usually soldered down on to the board, one of it may have removed or cut due to continual falls. now, use your ingenuity to rebuild the broken leg and solder it back. You should be OK, you can then use a little super glue to hold the device to the board to prevent future occurrence due to shaking from constant usage. u can then save your money.hope this help u and others with similar remote issues.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by cantell(m): 11:37am On Sep 29, 2009
@All
Pls can someone list the free channels in sirius4? I checked lynsat but its confusing. Can anyone help?
I need to compare with w3a.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:38am On Sep 29, 2009
Can someone confirm if he can get this freq on intel 901 Ait position @ 18'W 4112H/1808 The channel is Canal3 for Benin Republic. Also anybody with positive answer to etv with daar box?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2009
UEFA Champions League Schedule on ETV Ethiopia @57E NSS5 (NSS703)
Fiorentina Vs Liverpool: Tonight
Manchester United Vs Wolfsburg: Tomorrow
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2009
Hello pito i think i have that channel canal3 benin, normally i recieve it with a simple push of a button , up 2.4 mesh dont u agree it is better than its pan sister (just joking) good day
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sylve11: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2009
@chuck101,
Pan dish is far better than mesh. Nothing to argue on that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2009
@All

There is no need for too much debate on which is better between Daarsat Kaon receiver and Strong 4669X. The Daarsat is a HD box which is a plus, but for an FTA hobbyist its better you go for the box that is more flexible, has support and is easy to operate. Apart from the HD advantage of the Daarsat, you can not use another card, input keys, etc. Whereas with the strong you can input keys, get software updates, use different cards, etc. That is what FTA hobbyist all over the world do “go for the receiver with most support and flexibility”. The Kaon HD box had been on sale for some time now since late 2007 or early 2008 and there is no single file for it. Even tracking with it is hell, from what experienced installers have been posting, not to mention “no blindscan” (how can we catch those juicy feeds). Also there are few HD channels available because almost everything (movies, documentaries, news, etc) they are transmitting are recorded in SD apart from some sports channels that are planning to go HD. Although, the price is too high. I prefer the strong 4669x. This is just my personal opinion.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2009
Litaninja, (or anyone else with a DVB-s USB box)

Have you been able to use your box to view signals from Multi-tv or AIT?
this is because they are transmitted in dvbs2 format, but the card is just for dvbs, however, the progdvb modules provide support for dvbs2, so theoretically, one should be able to watch and mpeg4 stream with the same box.

(please not, i do not want a response from someone who has not tried this out, telling me it should be obvious to me that dvbs devices are not forward-compatible with dvbs2 transmissions, i just want someone who has tried it out to give me feed back).
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2009
Microgaint, do I need to say more u are perfectly correct. U jus made my day!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ Gangsta101
I saw the question you asked me late. I was out of office throughtout last week and hence i had no internet.
I have tried out the dvb-s card with the Mpeg 4 signals of Multi TV. I got all the channels live but my PC was behaving funny.
The video and the audio signals was not matching and it became irritating to me. I guess it must be my RAM (512MB).
I also uploaded the files that worked for me some weeks back. I have also tried it with Winclip and it worked.
You can check between pages 140 - 150 for the link.
You can give it a trial and let me know if you need more support.

@ Enitan 2002
Your mouth no kill you o. You can hardly keep a conversation secret.
I got the 1.8m ground mount and i have the signals although i have plans to adapt my 2.4m neck for it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jayron(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2009
you guys am new here, i need someone to give me tutorial, as in one on one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2009
@bodejohn pls sorry if am asking an old question,how can I get that card for Multi-tv for my laptop.That is place and price?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jayron(m): 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2009
Baba egun can u take me on tutorial please, i want to know more on FTA satellite.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jayron(m): 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2009
[b]@Baba egun, i saw the three pictures u posted on July 13, 2008.
I have intrest in the second picture, the picture shows a pan satellite with three LNB on it.
Can u give me its advantages, disadvantages n the total number of channel i can watch (using 2.6m pan dish)

I will be waiting for ur reply. thank u
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by gofitech(m): 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2009
@gangsta101 mutitv is transmited in dvbs and not dvbs2, therefore your dvbs box will work like bodejohn said. However daarsat is dvbs2 and your regular dvbs box wont work. You need HD Dvb box.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2009
@jayron go to first page,you will see a link to season 1,just visit the first page of  season one,you will definitely get some thing from there,then come back with some questions.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2009
Mbc3 will show liverpools game 2nite&wolsburg -man u 2moro.Another match to be determined will follow immediately after this game 2moro

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.