Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,422 members, 7,861,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263045 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Chuckdee(m): 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2009
NIG Vs. Spain live on CRTV and AIT
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
@Olason congrats man,I can remember it just like yesterday when it happened,the Nile craze period on FTA.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2009
Litaninja,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, progdvb does not support the dm20s device as i earlier stated, i did try your suggestion out, going from device to device, and when ever i tried starting 3 different devices, the thing crashed. well, that is all in the past now, the files i downloaded from the link i gave the other day, was able to reinstall the device with different drivers (advanced dvb usb 2.0box), and installed the right files into the progdvb modules which made it able to recognise the card with absolutely no problems whatsoever. now i am able to use progdvb.
however, i just checked the najmsat website and found there is currently no support for ART on progdvb right now, but i'll keep checking, i'm really hungry right now and can't think clearly.
by the way, you could try your hands on offline downloading and see, just check the thread on nairaland for more details.

JUJUKEMIST,

Bro, good to hear from you again, i see you still posted those pictures. how is the setup doing, hope it's working great for you. Maiduguri is running me down, but how we go do? i'm just hoping i'll run into some money soon so i can send for that motorized 2.4m dish and beg adewest to comeover and help me with the installation. how is the battle coming along?
cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by talk2dre(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2009
@All, Pls can an MPEG4 DVDS2 decoder receive MPEG2 signals; for example can d daarsat decoder show mpeg2 stations
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by talk2dre(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2009
Can any also tell me why some stations on Sirius4 like RTS, 2STV etc cracks during the day, is it because i use a 90cm dish; should i buy another big dish like 1m or 1.2m
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 4:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
talk2dre:

@All, Pls can an MPEG4 DVDS2 decoder receive MPEG2 signals; for example can d daarsat decoder show mpeg2 stations

These was answer time without no.
MPEG4 can receive MPEG2 signal and also his smart card
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2009
@dre i wìl advìce u go 4 a 1.8m motorised dish 2 expand d no of channels u view &at d same time compensate 4 low signal but i av 2 say d signal of sirius4 is strong enough g ur 90cm,RTS&2STV ar just isolated cases,so if u av d means,go for d 1.8m motorisd dish
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
@borderline,
@enitan,
@all,

On the issue of 4669x, I've personally learnt never to ague with pitodenz whenever he recommends any type of reciever. When multi-tv first came out and he suggested I go for daarsat box, I argue and rubbished the idea but a few months later I realised he has been right all along and that the daarsat box was the best (then) for multi-tv. If now pito is saying change over to 4669x, believe you me, he has seen it all and knows which one is better.
My advice therefore is for those who have the resources, please go for the reciever, if not wait until maybe the price comes down. But for those already using daarsat for multi-tv, you have an edge because you can still buy time while waiting for the price to drop. Either way, you can't lose.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2009
@Jujukemist,
I hear you! How far your end? E be like say movement don soft pedal for now ooo as hard boys dey clamour for pepper nowwww! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
The good times seem to be back on Nilesat now. My CNN was still showing as at 12 noon today and BBC was hitting above 60% quality. I think with a little LNB tweaking and fair weather combo, we should be pulling down GEAR ONE very soon! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
Bonjour tout le monde, I realized with Lyngsat footprint, that we can get Intl 907 Ku(Daarsat bouquet) even Mutitv bouquet here in Brazzaville, It was the case one month ago with Badr 4/6, beleive me, this off-footprint bird can now be received with 2.4 pan dish, fuji lnb, sensitive decoder like Strong x series, my friend did some research and gun down that bird, now my Lebanese friends are enjoying some channels but not all because some transponders are very weak, to be followed,
George_D, Pito & others, i would like to get the price of a Daasat decoder in U$ dollars so that i make an order with my 9ja friends(Na wao! discovered the sense of that expression), please need a help asap 'cause i am  about to have my annual leave on Wednesday & need to make most.
Merci beaucoup mes frères!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2009
Sayso, tanx my man a lot has since happened.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2009
Enitan, No bi like dat I wanted to surprise u with it I neva knew dat Baba, has let d cat out of d bag.Wil make it up 2 u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2009
@george.I was amazed wen i read ur post that u got cnn&ur bbc hits 60%.Imagine since 2007,ive never gotten cnn.Even my bbc&fox comes on only in d morng&evening.I use a 4metre dish+fuji lnbf,yet my installer just give excuses.I stay in ebute metta lagos.Any help 4me? THKS
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2009
thanks george d, i tried ur number bt wasnt going tru, but ENITAN was on hand to help out, i finally nailed sirius 4, got like 17 stations some of them on promo though, FTA FOR LIFE>
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ George D Yes oh!the good days re back. So let continue to hunt for the birds. With my 2.4m am enjoying all my dream channels including multitv on the same pan. Get 69x and see how sensitive the tuner is. @ All My advice to all is never to waste money on mesh dish,use that money to secure a 2.4m solid dish and enjoy the real value of ur money. With 2.4m mesh u keep on moving east to west looking what channel to watch,while am here not knowing which of the channel to hook on for at least 2mins cos there re so many interesting channels to hook on, and u never know what u may be missing the other side. With satellites like badr,nilesat,astra and intel 907 for now i ll say bye bye to paytv.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ Pitodenz

great work man for all the info on the 69x. i am currently gathering some funds to purchase the new kid on the block. i wish i could buy from 9ja cos with the current exchnge rate of GH¢ 1.00 = N113 (naira), dealers here are charging an extra GH¢50.00 or GH¢60.00 depending on who you buy from. i.e. if you compare the 17k price in 9ja. i also take your advice with respect to the 2.4m solid dish. the problem is that the pan dish of such sizes are hard to come by here its usually the 1.8m that are readilly available.
once again thanks for the info on the 69x
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
I like the enthusiasm of members on this thread.the' ready to try it attitude'.@blakstar i agree with u on the price difference btn Gh and 9ja.they want to rip us off here in Gh.i now have to decide whether to go 4 the 69x or wait 4 the 4910,either way it has to be strong though.@ecowas4all, sathob i hope u r all ok and following the current fta excitement.@pito Is sabc(1 2 3) on intel902 cband stable on 1.8m pan with the 69x?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ All Ghana members
            Multitv is having meeting with their dealers in various locations in Ghana.You guys should be there to update us.
@ Sathob
             Thanks man for all your effort on multitv box.
@ Captainus
Yes, but with strong 1.8m or stronger 1.8m dish.Do not buy supermax 1.8m or comstar 1.8m cos they may fail you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by cantell(m): 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
@twinskenny & Enitan.
Can you please list the free staions you got from sirius 4?(17 you said) I would like to know pls. It would also do me a lot of good if you can post what they usually do, movies,sports stuff like that. Pls i need that. Just to compare with wat i have now.(W3A)
I'm begging,pls.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2009
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
The good times seem to be back on Nilesat now. My CNN was still showing as at 12 noon today and BBC was hitting above 60% quality. I think with a little LNB tweaking and fair weather combo, we should be pulling down GEAR ONE very soon! grin

@George_D,
Looks like the sky is getting clearer as we approach the dry season. My CNN and BBC still alive on Infinity as at this time. I am sure the signal will survive the dark night till tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 12:04am On Sep 29, 2009
@talk2dre, i doubt if really u're on sirus. Cos those channel are on w3a. To help u. First state ur location?d type of decoder? Dish size? Other channel u're currently viewing on d said sirus.
@all anyone want to sell daarsat decoder(not new)? Am on d verge of buying a 1.8mtr dish,guess dis nilesat fever is spreading. Pls house,what r my chances of getting aljazeera +1,2,3.4,art sport,showtime, in ibadan here? Like hw many stations should one be xpecting? Thanks 4ur concern all time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 12:10am On Sep 29, 2009
@twinskenny,glad u nailed. Pls hw many english satellite r on it. Pls i beg u to send me d list of all d channel u got.@enitan what's ur say comparing w3a and sirus 4?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 1:37am On Sep 29, 2009
@ALL DAARSAT DECODER FOR SALE, ANYONE WISHING TO BUY DAARSAT DECODER SHOULD CONTACT ME, 2WEEKS OLD AND SOLID. 08066684380, @14K
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 2:35am On Sep 29, 2009
@ all,how much is the new strong 69x decoder @ alaba?planning to get one since it is mpeg 4 complaint so i can watch multi tv.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by lovala(m): 2:56am On Sep 29, 2009
Buvs,

Just wanna know, is there a possibility of fixing the Strong SRT 4653x remote control (without which one cannot perform any meaningful task with the decoder? Mine slipped and fell from my wife's hand and stopped working. If it can't be repaired, is there the possibility of buying just the remote control? i hope in future Strong Technologies of such happenings.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by lovala(m): 3:15am On Sep 29, 2009
Hope in the future, Strong Technologies place a Menu button on the decoder so that it will help in the case where the remote control goes bad.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 5:23am On Sep 29, 2009
@george a nìlesat user came 2 my house yestday &told me there is now a way around coding aljazeera +1,-1 &+2 ,he wudn't go into details though, wat do u think frm ur end,i'm prepping myself 4 dis nile installatn(wow! wat a space d dish is goin 2 swalow in backyard)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 5:43am On Sep 29, 2009
@olatufu depending on ur pricing strategy,u can get it for 16k,but be warnd dat due 2 d new-craze of dis box,u shudn't b suprisd 2 see a disguised 69x in alaba,so be sure 2 check d system information on d menu when u ON d box 2 make sure it is d real 69x,:alaba boys bad ooo!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ojofree: 6:24am On Sep 29, 2009
@lovala
i had the same problem with my remote recently, i was able to get a new one from those boys who sell remote controllers in Ikeja, i do not know where you reside but you should be able to get a replacement from remote control sellers, the price?, N500
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 7:20am On Sep 29, 2009
@Olason what dish size(pan or mesh) and the brand are you using for the sabc on intel902 @62e?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2009
@ ojo, kudos.

@ george, pit cant always be right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.