Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261772 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ LagosSky

Welcome, always nice to have another knowledgeable hobbyist on board. cool

Good luck with your search for Nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ Lagosky- welcome on board. If u re trying nile with 2.4m mesh dish in lagos area, no much hope but try and get back to us. @ George - Those channels re multichoice channels and u dont expect them to beam those channels free in our location whereas they re selling it. I dont even think that most of this stations ve enough money to transmit on satellite.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 26, 2009
FTA world must really be having peace right now, cos those giving problems are having nice dreams right now
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 7:26am On Mar 26, 2009
pls is there
anyone in this forum that can be able to spot a difference b/w an original fuji lnb and a fake fuji lnb cos i have purchased one which is giving a poor signal.do
u know that in onitsha,u can pick showsports and fox movies using 2.4m strong pan
dish with original
fuji lnb.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2009
microgiant:

@George_D

What will it cost me to mold d 3m fibre dish

I'm in bayelsa

@microgiant,
A good 3.0m dish here costs about N45,000 new. I'm sure it will be about the same price
at your end. But don't take that as fixed. You can always make enquiries around your
neighbourhood. Go to any seller of satellite tv items. They usually have links with people
like that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2009
@olofofo,
What I'm saying is that instead of placing their channels in out of reach beams,
they should set their priorities right and buy slots in C band satellites like 901c,
906c, 7/10c, etc. where their people can watch them.
Or are we saying that our local stations are poorer than EATV, ITV, TV Kenya,
Citizen tv, ZNBC, etc from Zambia, Tanzania or Uganda?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
@LagosSky,
Yes, I'm familiar with COMSTAR because I have one. It's a real feat you're managing
to recieve even one transponder of nilesat with a mesh dish. Reason being that nilesat
is an out of footprint satellite beaming on KU band. By nature of it's signal, there is high
loss when you try to recieve such satellites with a mesh dish.
I'm afraid you may not be able to go further than what you have achieved so far.
If you really want to enjoy nilesat in lagos and down south, you need a solid dish
(either pan or fibre) minimum size 2.4m.
The rest like lnb and tracking frequency I see you already know-judging by your post.
Best of luck.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2009
George_D:

@microgiant,
A good 3.0m dish here costs about N45,000 new. I'm sure it will be about the same price
at your end. But don't take that as fixed. You can always make enquiries around your
neighbourhood. Go to any seller of satellite tv items. They usually have links with people
like that.

if transporting it will not be a problem I think it's better to buy from your end since its closer 2 me. I don't think there are people like that here because people are mostly going for 90cm & 60cm sizes here, not even mesh is sold for close to 30K because its not common
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2009
Good Day All;

Thanks all.
I am well familiar with the black Comstar mesh antenna and I am afraid I am not using a mesh, this is a Comstar pan antenna, that is why i asked if anyone had seen them before. It was purchased two weeks ago from Alaba.

Whats this with fake Fuji? Hope mine is not!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 4:08pm On Mar 26, 2009
@george_D

i get you. na dem knwo wetin dey do them.

@lagoSky
i have never seen the dish you speak of and am in lagos too. meanwhile, i f you are serious about getting nilesat in lagos, you might want to stick to the tested and proven STRONG 2.4m pan dishes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2009
microgiant:

if transporting it will not be a problem I think it's better to buy from your end since its closer 2 me. I don't think there are people like that here because people are mostly going for 90cm & 60cm sizes here, not even mesh is sold for close to 30K because its not common

I don't know how far off you are from warri. I guess we need to discuss that on phone but
the fibre itself is not that heavy. All you need is a pick-up truck to move it to your destination.
That was how I transported mine.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
odilibe:

pls is there
anyone in this forum that can be able to spot a difference b/w an original fuji lnb and a fake fuji lnb cos i have purchased one which is giving a poor signal.do
u know that in onitsha,u can pick showsports and fox movies using 2.4m strong pan
dish with original
fuji lnb.

@odilibe,
You can know a fake fuji from a real one in terms of the weight. The original one is heavy while the
fake is light.

I am sure other members can help out here.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2009
@olason
point of correction it cost thousands of $ to beam a channel on a particular satellite. it is
a better idea for ait or silverbird tv or even nollywood tv to beam over europe, in that there are millions of nigerians living in europe they can easily
get access to this channels while should they beam over nigeria when this channel can easily be accessed on a local antenna .in the uk nollwood channel is on sky package as one of the premium channels and
they, make more from subscribtion. on my,part it is a total waste of($)to beam there signal in nigeria .they should beam over
africa and europe.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2009
@LagosSky,
I am hearing about this pan COMSTAR for the first time. Maybe it's a new stock that
just came in, I don't know. But if I am to judge based on the performance of the comstar
mesh that we are used to, I'd say comstar generally may not be that bad. The solid type
may be different but that remains to be seen. If it's a polar mount, then I must say you're
lucky. They sure know how to make a reliable polar dish, those guys!

Before condemning the dish, I like to ask, how is your installation? Is your pole 90 degrees
vertical above ground? How is your lnb skew? What type of reciever are you using? Is it
strong 4663X? If not, get one. Can you track NSS 7 (11051 V, 30000 SR) up to 97% signal
strenght? If no, try and start with that before proceeding to nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dk4justice(m): 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2009
I have seen somebody taht uses the smaller diish for nile sat 22b degree and it works.i saw it at osogbo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2009
GeorgeD,
how much does the original Fuji lnb cost?I have a belief it helped to boost the signal coupled with the fact that ur dish is new.I will check if my 2 fuji lnbs are the original.If otherwise,I would have to get one from you.I remember badaru1 talking about the difference between a fake and original-Becarefull If you are buying fuji Lnb. The difference between the original and the fake one is the small not that bind the two side of the lnb together. The orinal one or the best one is the one that the not cant be unscrewed that is soldared together. The fake one can be unscrewed.
On Nigerian tv stations beaming to Europe,I hink it is cheaper for them.besides,someone earlier told us those signals are for DSTV South Africa.I agree with this.It's nice to see Silverbird TV on NSS10 alongside METRO Ghana,I hope others will join soon. check their impressive website-www.silverbirdtv.com

Sambass,
what is really happening to our enquiries on the Sky Sports you talked about.I hope you are not taking us for a ride.

all,
srsupport has a new update dated 260309.the Monday update was blank so I had to settle for the one on sat-mac.I hope everyone can see why sat-mac is the new bride.

LagosSky,
welcome.I am waiting for ur report on the Comstar pan dish.I am hearing about it for the first time.we are used to their mesh.

Olason,
the radio show is for Saturday night 10.30pm-midnight.Send a text on my zain at 11pm.Happy birthday.How is madam and the baby.and Oshodi,  I no say anything oooooooooo.

Pitodenz,
how far with the IPs for Lagos region.I am still stranded ooooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2009
George_D:
The multi-switch I am talking about is not the normal signal splitter. Rather, it's a special kind of switch used to seperate vertical and horizontal polarities of signal coming from the same lnb or multiple lnbs. It enables you to watch channels of different polarities with more than one decoder at the same time without conflict.
Just go to alaba or call your guy there and explain to him. He will immediately understand.

@ George_D I don't know if you already have an answer to the switch question.  You need a 3X4 switch like this.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2009
@toxnaija,
I bought mine here for N3, 500. I'm sure it will be cheaper in lagos.
Yes, this one is soldered you cannot unscrew it and the weight, it is heavy!

I wish our local stations will emulate silverbird and place their stations
on beams meant for their homeland. Just a wish.

@olofofo,
I hail o. Let's allow our local stations to do whatever they like. I agree with
you. Na dem sabi.
You didn't get back to me on the multi switch inquiry. Looks like you were
angry with the tone of my post. Sorry about that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2009
F_Marshal:

@ George_D I don't know if you already have an answer to the switch question.  You need a 3X4 switch like this.

Thanks for the information. I am still waiting for olofofo's reply on the issue. What I need is
something similar to your illustration.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2009
@george_d

me angry? what in the world will make you suggest that? now am pissed. i will make enquiries for you tomorrow. skipped my mind that whyy sha.

if i may contribute something on this fake and original fuji issue, i use an LNB called stargold fuji, which is supposed to be the "fake" fuji and it gave me a better signal than the original fuji. even adewest was impressed with it's performance., badaru on the other hand enjoys santek more than any other lnb. am giving a new more expensive LNB called invacom a try on saturday, maybe i will get showsport on my 2.4, who knows. sizewise it's the size of two fuji LNBs.

origiinal fuji is 2800, stargold is 2500, santek is 3000 (currently none in the market), invacom is 6k.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nuresine: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2009
@olofoo
pls i want install 1.8m motorised dish,but u promised me that u will post the picture on how to construct the neck and everything for me ,but i did not see your reply.can you help me out i want to install it this weekend.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2009
@nuresine

why would you need to construct a neck for a 1.8m dish when you can buy a polar mount. besides i already posted pictures of my installation which contains the neck of the 2.4m and the three LNB holder. check season 2.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
@ odilibe - welcome on board. Onitsha is my home city. With those 3/4 storey buildings there u guys should be enjoying showsports with 2.4m pan dish. Try and mail me cos i ll like to visit u wen i come home this easter. Gosh!! i am missing that town. @ microgiant - Nice idea to order from warri cos ph ll be more expensive both in transportation. @ tox - i got one ip worked in mtn with urfreedom yesterday only for mtn to block it immediately, the same with enitan cheat. After my long ping all the ip's i got for zain use to work for me here but zain gprs is mess up here, i ll upload them in ur box just send me ur mail add.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nuresine: 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
@olofoo
how can i get to see 1.8 pole mount, i think that one will be better for me. pls let me know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2009
@ nure, try and check out the season 1 and 2, you will surely see it there. @ tox, no luck yet on that tip? @ olofofo, how body?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2009
@all

ART is back on abracadabra. in process of uploading to the group. enjoy!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2009
George_D:

Thanks for the information. I am still waiting for olofofo's reply on the issue. What I need is
something similar to your illustration.
Remember, the LNB MUST have a dual out put for it to work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2009
olofofo:

@all

ART is back on abracadabra. in process of uploading to the group. enjoy!
shocked Ol'boy!!! grin  U never sleep!! cheesy How nah? BTW, INVACOM LNBs are very good in pulling in Fringe area Satellite reception.  wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2009
Olofofo,
abeg upload the new update that has Jsc + included.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:34pm On Mar 26, 2009
ifende:

Olofofo,
abeg upload the new update that has Jsc + included.

if you have jsc working b4, this should not affect it one bit

@F-BABA

i never sleep oooo, i will try and give the invacom LNB a test run on saturday.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2009
@ all
Assuming i procured a dstv decoder in Ghana or elsewhere out side nigeria with the intention of using it here , would i receive the same services or do they have as security that stop's it from working

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.