Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,745 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262709 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2009
pitodenz:

Sheey oh!! I need strong loader for 4652. I just got one fried 5mins after loading the mytv software. George or anybody asap. Just 4wd to my mail box.

Check your yahoo and hotmail mailboxes. I have sent the file you
requested. You cannot reach me on phone right now as I'm not in town
but I will see if I can call you tonight so we can discuss.

By the way, thanks for that hint on TBN, JCTV and smile. I've been searching
for them too without success ever since I installed my 2.5m motorised.
I even thought it had something to do with my 3 lnb set up. Now I know
I couldn't get them because they were down on that bird.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2009
@ George_D,
Na small small we go do am. First of all, I have to make sure that the dish is working. Then, I will have to try all the meaty birds and compare which one is better. Eurobird 1/Astra2A,2B,2C,2D @ 28.2E and Nilesat @ 7.2W are fantastic. Next test will commence on 10/04/2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2009
@butoneday

what's the update on that your card. any luck yet?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2009
@pito,
How we go do this our starsat stuff now, this one wey abracadabra don
dey do bye-bye dance so?

I'm calling you now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fopros: 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2009
Just want to say hello to everyone.Since my 4653 fried after upgrading, i am cut off TV for awhile. I am still thinking about what kind of decoder to buy.i need your advice brethen.
I also have a question, where is now GTV, i mean Ghana television.
God bless you all
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2009
so many peole have joined me in the league of 'fried decoders'

@ folo28,
how u dey na? how work?

olofofo,
u don test am now, , am moving to h*****g wireless network now
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
@enitan

take it easy man.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 25, 2009
google members,
check the googlegroup, fast as ever, be careful ooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 10:56am On Mar 25, 2009
plz enitan 2002
any code 4 the mtn freedom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2009
fopros:

Just want to say hello to everyone.Since my 4653 fried after upgrading, i am cut off TV for awhile. I am still thinking about what kind of decoder to buy.i need your advice brethen.
I also have a question, where is now GTV, i mean Ghana television.
God bless you all

@fopros,
Go for strong 4663X. That is what you need for now.
As for ghana tv, I'm afraid they have joined the league
of disappearing stations. When they left NSS 7, they
went under for a while before appearing on Eutelsat w4
(dstv platform). Current information says they have also left
there now and where they are now, nobody knows.
Maybe they are trying to sell themselves to MYTV this time grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2009
@all,
Silverbird TV on NSS 10 at 37.5°W freq (3774 H, 1795 SR).
The beam is so strong that you can get them convieniently
on 120cm dish C band. Check it out.
Maybe our other local stations like LTV, NTA+, Channels, etc
should take a cue from silverbird and pull out from Intelsat 903
to where their people can recieve them without stress.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ George_D,
BUTONEDAY ,:

I am happy that you finally nailed the bird (Nilesat) with your 3.0m fibre dish. It means your dish is good (May be better than my warpped 6.0m dish). It also means that your lnb is good and it is in the correct position. I think Sayso should get one of these dishes from that guy in Warri.

George congrats to you for the success,I hope to pay you a visit soon and maybe you will help me in my owu quest for Nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2009
GEORGE D, It's  unbelievable  that we in Nigeria don't have access to our local tv stations on a satellite that could be gotten with a 90cm dish.  This local stations are funny o! do they think any body in his or her right senses would buy a120cm or 2.4 dish just to watch them. they must be joking. Most of them with exception to a few have nothing to offer, eg  AIT AND SILVERBIRD. Whoever gave them the advice did not do there  homework well. Why beam to EUROPE and neglect you home. Even this so called European countries they claim to  beam to, What have they gained from it?. If they like let them go to the moon as far as I still have my Nile, Sirius, P7\ 10, w3a I don't give a damm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2009
Toxbaba, tanx for taking time out to give me a Shout Out on your programme. would call in during your show on friday, so keep the lines open!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2009
Nileusers, the drop in signal quality which most of us are already very familiar with. My advice for now do not adjust or tamper with your dish just be patient it will normalize itself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fopros: 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ George

Thanks George for your advice. I will get the 4663x as you said. I hope i will get the good one not the fake one. is it good to upgrade it again? franckly , i am afraid to have another fried decoder.
what are the FTA channels on W4? and their TP
thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2009
@olason,
It is the kind of pitiable situation we find ourselves in. When nilesat, eurobird, etc are
broadcasting to their people with such high beam that all they need to do is install a 90cm
dish to recieve their channels, our stations are busy beaming to europe where nobody
cares about the content of their channels. And their people are left out in the cold.
What a mentality! So Sad!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2009
sayso:

@ George_D,
George congrats to you for the success,I hope to pay you a visit soon and maybe you will help me in my owu quest for Nilesat.

@sayso,
You're welcome anytime. Just let me know on time, ok?
I assure you that you will smile when that guy finish molding your
your dish for you grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2009
@fopros,
Just shine your eyes well, well. There are many fake recievers in the market now.
Concerning upgrading, make sure you get the file from a trusted source and try to
use rs 232 null modem. The STB will always prompt you if you attempt to load the
wrong file.

Eutelsat w4 currently has TCM and Mindset Learn as the only free channels on
that bird. All other ones you have to pay. Try them on 12437 H, 23438 SR.
Mindset comes up during the day while TCM is in the evening.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fopros: 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2009
Thanks George. Stay blessed
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2009
@george and olason

why would you want to receive silverbird or AIT on satellite when you can conveniently receive them on your terrestrial antennas. those beams you speak of are for Nigerians outside of the country. also, i believe that Nigerian broadcasting commission laws which require licenses for them to operate every time they open in a new Nigerian city is also limiting, plus the finnacial restraints will make it quite difficult for them to be FTA on satellites that have have strong beams over Nigeria. they will have to pay huge sums to be on either W4, PAS 10KU, EUTELSAT W3 etc.

check that fact out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2009
@George_D

What will it cost me to mold d 3m fibre dish

I'm in bayelsa
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2009
The 4652 that got fried in my hand happened to be as a result of panel change. The original panel was switch to fake panel by one technician in my area. Well,everyday for the thief one day for the owner.

@ all
        Never try to load the mytv file in any fake receiver or else you ve enough money to replace a new one.
@ George
               thanks for the call
@ olofofo
             because  u re in lagos. Those station re not in terrestrial in most part of the country apart from Ait which i know is in ph and Nta which is everywhere.
@ Mr Gem
                 zain is still working. Try the last ip i posted in the group
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2009
During my search for information on Nilesat I came across this interesting site and decided to become a member.
I have been working in RF(Radio Frequency) and satellite for many years now and always been interested in experiments.
I have actually explored the FTA for sometime now but due to my lack enough space I have only been playing with small size antennas, mostly 90cm and later 180cm in C band and Ku band.

Just decided to go ahead and buy a 2.4m antenna to see if I can get some out of beam signal. Had a Comstar 2.4m with Fuji LNBF picked up from Alaba and since Nilesat was the most popular one here, I started to look for it, and managed to get only one transponder.

Here is the result of my play this past weekend.

PAS 1R @45W
11496-V-7593 Divona data stream %66
11510-V-26693 CCTV %100
11675-V-1240 Canal info %100
The above is only a radio station.

NSS7 @22W
10986-V-30000 100%
11051-V-30000 100%
11491-V-30000 100%
Just a sample.

NileSat @7W
10758-V-27500 %53

Has anyone used this antenna before?
Have to try this weekend for Nilesat again.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2009
lagossky u are welcome ,we are in season three why dont u read previous posts.it could be of help,if you can have the first frequency then you can have the rest.You are welcome.

olofofo ,thanks it really work for sht.i
will familiarise myself with that site, OLOFOFO,How i fit join the google.group.or is it the usual nairaland google stuff.

i guess there was a mistake on srsupport,hopefully their next post will be up to date.Adewest how u dey .we no dey hear from u again .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2009
ola that is right the drop in signal is obvious now,its 6.30pm my bbc world signal is cracking audio ok ,picture not too good.hopefully by 7pm it should normalise.our best bet is to untouch the dish .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 6:50pm On Mar 25, 2009
if anybody has echolink 3020 IR check srsupport and download for new update.Note its for only IR not IR plus.new update posted on 24 march,2009.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2009
Nilesat users ,all H transponders were being affected.V signals okay.may be H move a little bit away from its usual location.any attempt to disturb the dish H will come up but i doubt if V will retain its usual signal strenght.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2009
pitodenz:

@ olofofo
because u re in lagos. Those station re not in terrestrial in most part of the country apart from Ait which i know is in ph and Nta which is everywhere.

what they all get is a regional license which limits their coverage to states. the richers ones like AIT have been able to secure licenses to broadcast to some commercially viable states.

being on certain kind of satellites like w4 and pas 10ku is really not that cheap.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
@olofofo,
I think pito has given you the right answer. I am particularly interested
in CHANNELS TV which doesn't seem to be anywhere else but lagos.
No be all of us be lagosians o! They provide a welcome change to AIT
in terms of news coverage.
As for those stations being for Nigerians in Europe, I doubt very much
that our guys over there will have time for those boring programmes
when they can easily get better stuff from eurobird and hotbird over
there.
Lastly, I'm not sure money is the problem here. I think it's more a case
of mistaken priorities. The same amount they are using to place those
stations on birds where nobody cares a hoot about them, they can
equally use to buy a slot on birds like intelsat 901C or even 7/10C
where the whole country can watch them and I don't think NBC has a
say on that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2009
time now is 7.50pm H signal is much better on nilesat
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2009
@george_d

are you saying it cost the same thing to be on the all types on satellites? is this same for cband and KU? i suggest you check well well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.