Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,567 members, 7,847,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:21 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262395 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2009
@all

The 12605 is a promo I believe. I wonder if the alternative frequency has began active programming.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2009
@enitan
enitan2002:

@ baba-egun, what can u say about the manufacturers of those cards that work for nile and later went dead. are they lazy to come up with a solution ? if we can lay our hands on a good software or IC (Integrated Circuit) Programmer and initiate him into the world of FTA, we all will witness the beauty that FTA holds for us all. Based on my findings, ICs in the decoder can be altered in terms of programming to descramble coded signals,more information on this by tomorrow.

I think those guys are not just smart enough or they have a plan that we are yet to understand. If they still want to stay in business, then they better start thinking. Well, I believe we can program those cards ourselves here but we lack the knowledge for now. I am sure, we will and very soon too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@ George_D & All,
I am still working on my 6.0m fibre dish. The dish was seriously damaged when I was transporting it to my house. I am currently replacing the damaged sections of the dish. I will let you know of the dish performance after the refurbishment and test. Meanwhile, I am still using the 3.0m dish for nilesat.

Bros,
I hail o! Just make sure you do it well, well o! I am warming up for astra 2D already grin
Guess what? Surprise, surprise! I am now recieving CNN and all the other H transponders
live and direct on my 3.0m fibre! Looks like I made the right choice after all. Men, that guy
is da bomb! His mould must be one of the best 3m mould here in the south-south.
Hotbird and eurobird, here I come!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2009
@all,
Looks like nobody can confirm my earlier post on Soundcity music
television: Intelsat 903 at 34.5°W. It is on the same frequency as LTV,
MITV, Silverbird, Channels tv, etc (3878 L, 16300 SR). Abi nobody get motorise
dish here? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2009
there are some champions league feed on w3 from canal+ and TF1 always hook up to malagasy any time there is champions league.i think we had enough of abracadabra even if it went off,we don try our own since last year to date.nothing good come so cheap and last.we give kudos to those who unlock the secret of abracadabra .we beliee some day we share all sing a good song.up nairaland.

sorry i have not been contributing lately my lappy just went off for some months now.olofofo i guess na that virus oooo,i need somebody who can fix it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2009
TOXNAIJA,
IF YOU CAST YOUR MIND BACK YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT HAVE SENT THEM TO YOU, THE ONLY ONE I DNT SEND TO YOU WAS THE ONE I POSTED YESTERDAY ON THE FORUM.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2009
OGA BADARU,
HOPE YOU WERE ABLE TO MAKE PROGRESS CONCERNING WHAT YOU TOLD ME YESTERDAY. ANY NEWS CONCERNING SHT AND ART UPDATES
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2009
Something new and for the future ---- but will mostly benefit those with motorised dishes

Telstar 11N 37.5w

cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2009
OLOFOFO,
BROS THANX A MILLION FOR HELPING OUT A BROTHER TODAY. I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THE MORESAT GUYS ARE PRESENTLY COOKING UP SOMETIME FOR US. TANI AND ROBSAT OVER TO YOU GUYS. IF BY TOMORROW EVENING WE DONT SEE THE UPDATES FOR SHT AND ART.I WONT HAVE ANY CHOICE THAN TO GO INTO SERIOUS FASTING AND PRAYERS
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2009
ENITAN,
HOW YOU DEY? IF I TELL YOU HOW I MANAGE TO GET CONNECTED YOU GO LAUGH TIRE, I GO JIST YOU LATER
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2009
@olason
i will join you in fasting and prayers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ngwakwe: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2009
@ George_d

I just tried the Intelsat 903 thing but no show. However I was able to check lynsat and I got RTI Premiere on that sat
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2009
@ george, tox said those signals are beam over europe and cant be gotten here. @ obnelly, i'll like to render my expertise in waking up your lappie if u want me to, my bill will be my usual 'fish',only if u can afford it. @ gem/pit, none of those IPs work here in lagos ooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2009
got this just now. too tired to check it out.
i dey go find better babalawo for liverpool matter.
-----
4 ALI 3329 C
Install 30/ 11/ 2008 software,, and then upgrade with 06 /02/2009/ and GET Show Time Back on Nilesat at 7W , TESTED
-----
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2009
@ salamander, just out of topic-how did you come about your user name? that name is named after the elemental being in charge of the fire element. i hope u know that? @ olofofo, there's nothing u can do about that matter,so good u know how it feels right now.Just hope that exercise will correct the deficiency wrong with echolink now. @ ola, will call u tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 11:42pm On Mar 22, 2009
@entan

I adopted the name from 1981 movie, The Salamander, featuring Franko Nero, Anthony Quinn, Christopher Lee and a host of others. It is one of my favourite films.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 7:48am On Mar 23, 2009
@All, Ketigoi, Mofea,
My email address is: nash.namubich@gmail.com

@Olofofo,
Do I qualify to join the G-Group? Well, as you know from my previous posts, I originate from Longitude 36° 55' East, Latitude 1° 25' South.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 23, 2009
@ nash, its part of your right, just submit ur mail addy and i stand for you. olofofo-action ASAP.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 23, 2009
@ nash, its part of your right, just submit ur mail addy and i stand for you. olofofo-action ASAP.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2009
@ all - i dont seem to understand the problem of this gamma card. I think it is different from white card which has been confirmed working. @ enitan - i think the solution for u guys ll not come from zain. Etisalat is new network and must be left alone. Mtn ll be alternative. Glo is no go area. Nothing dey come up after long ping. All hope is not lust shaa. Enitan share one of ur backup with some of ur guys there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 9:24am On Mar 23, 2009
@Enitan2002,
Thank You. I also saw your post / idea of establishing another forum 'for nigeria only'. I wonder if it wont be too 'exclusive'.

[i]@ george, thats it. there's to be a change of strategy but the vision of this thread still remains, got that? dats d only reason we lag behind. people only wants to reap where others have sown. some forum makes it necessary for one to view infos to be a registered user. I for one think its high time we have a satellite forum based in nigeria, not to compete with NL but to be unique and have just a single focus.[/i]

Personally, I have really learnt alot through this forum. Will continue to upload FTA ideas, 'feed frequencies', etc. By the way, how many members have been admited to the G-group so far? What has been the general feeling from other nairaland forum members? Is it 'exclusive'? I hope I sound polite here.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:39am On Mar 23, 2009
@nash

welcome on board.

@pito

you got the card already?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2009
@Olofofo,
Thank You. will check.

@All,
Could the recent drop in signal quality on Nilesat (and others) be as a result of ‘Solar Outage’ experienced at certain times of the day every March and September/October?

A sun outage is an interruption in or distortion of geostationary satellite signals caused by interference from solar radiation. The effect is due to the sun's radiation overwhelming the satellite signal. Generally, sun outages occur in February, March, September and October, that is, around the time of the equinoxes. At these times, the apparent path of the sun across the sky takes it directly behind the line of sight between an earth station and a satellite. As the sun radiates strongly at the microwave frequencies used to communicate with satellites (C-band and Ku-band) the sun swamps the signal from the satellite. The effects of a sun outage can include partial degradation, that is, an increase in the error rate, or total destruction of the signal.
Source:
h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_outage ;
Equinoxe time is around 20th March: h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 10:16am On Mar 23, 2009
pitodenz:

@ all - i dont seem to understand the problem of this gamma card. I think it is different from white card which has been confirmed working.

The gamma can take only one provider at a time. Also u need a programmer to write current files from time to time.

Note: There are two versions of Gamma, ordinary GAMMA & GAMMA PLUS. There available files for both cards, which implies that gamma files don't work on a gamma plus card and vice versa.

have in mind that gamma card is mainly for irdeto
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 10:26am On Mar 23, 2009
Thanks NASH.
Thats good education
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 23, 2009
@ micro, thats a wakeup call for all hobbyst to take over the software related part of FTA, am ready for it but i need sponsors and support.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:08am On Mar 23, 2009
@enitan,
If that transponder beam on intelsat 903 (3878 L, 16300 SR) is truely beamed over europe,
then it is such a shame. I don't understand why LTV, Silverbird, NTA, Channels TV and the new
Soundcity music TV will place their stations on a beam that cannot be received in Nigeria.
It doesn't make sense at all. What are they trying to achieve anyway?
And to think that I was already planning on getting a 1.8m dish dedicated to that bird just to
recieve those 'local' stations sad
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2009
@ Enitan

You have not given me reply yet on my enquiry. i'm trying to get some materials like we discussed on chat, but it's not ordered yet. If i succeed in acquiring and put it to test, with expected results gotten. It won't be a bad idea for more than one person to be testing. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2009
@ george, dats d problem wit we nigerians.do u know how long ait has been on up there, u nid about 5m dish to pick them up but those europeans just nid about 90cm, those guys are rascists- FOOLS @ micro, i 4get tins easily ooo, what did we discuss again?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:39am On Mar 23, 2009
Nash-FTA:

@All,
Could the recent drop in signal quality on Nilesat (and others) be as a result of ‘Solar Outage’ experienced at certain times of the day every March and September/October?

@Nash-FTA,
There is no noticeable drop in signal on my own nilesat installation-as far as I can tell. If anything at all, my transponders' signal strenght are as high as can be (up to 90% on 10758V tracking freq.)  All those witnessing
drop in signal should check their installations. I suspect that these things have more to do with age than any solar outage as you seem to propose. Remember like every other thing, dishes get old, lnbs get worn out, cables begin to sag with age. So, for those whose installations are over a year old they should check those items mentioned and plan on replacing them. I can tell you this because I am involved. There is nothing like a brand new dish (whether fibre or pan). It's just like comparing a 'tokunbo' car and a brand new car. Their performance can never be the same.

Take my case for example: prior to the installation of my brand new 3.0m fibre dish, there was a widely
held belief here (in the south-south) that nobody can recieve CNN on 3m during the rainy season except harmattan. But surprisingly, not only am I recieving it, but I got it steady at 60% signal strength at a time! What did the magic? What changed? The brand new dish of course!

LESSON: All those installing worn out and dis-used  dishes cannot get the kind of performance a brand
new dish will give. And if your dish has been installed a long time now, consider refurbishing it. Change
the lnb. Maybe that fuji is no longer giving the signal gain it should give. Also check your wires. You will
save yourself a lot of stress, solar outage or not!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by satcoper(m): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2009
@ all
Guys you're plannin to exclude us "non nigerians-but africans" from the forum.That's not fair from my point of view. I agree with NASH-FTA, please keep the forum in its FTA concept. i think there's nothing wrong to let others learn from you( generosity is a divine and a great human value), may be they didn't get the chance you have. if we won't be able to help each others who will do it for us. I strongly believe that knowledge grows only when it is shared. Best regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2009
@George_D,
I agree with your post. Clean, new dishes that are not 'warped' perform better.

@satcoper,
Noted your opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.