Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261770 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 9:49am On Apr 18, 2009
@chuk

Let me add my voice to that of Captainus to extend our condolence. May he rest in peace.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2009
@all

My strong 4650 decoder went dead after i patched it.  So I took it to MYTV office and it was repaired. Actually, it was the flash memory that was replaced. 

On getting home, I powered it on and  noticed that it came with the usual, scrambled MYTV channels. So, I scanned for channels and got the religious channels on PAS7/10.  However, I noticed that after switching it off, all the religious channels vanishes and it was replaced by the MYTV channels!!!  I rescanned again, got the religious channels, powered off and it was the same thing. ---decoder went back to the default MYTV settings.  I noticed that anytime the decoder boots up, it comes up with an FFFF number before showing the 0001 channel number.  Which means, the decoder is no longer storing the channels and settings into its memory.

Can somebody who has experienced this before come to my aid? What should I do?

twinstaiye:

@all
As I am posting this, I dey for one petrol filling station queuing for fuel. .  I wonder where this country is going.

Oga Taiye, You love this FTA forum too much. No wonder you are the moderator.  Posting from a filing station. Haba!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2009
Will the craze for copper cable begin now? Since silver is the best conductor, i think it will do us a lot of good if we can lay our hand on a cable that is made of one. I've forseen and mentioned on this forum before that very soon in the future which is very close by now, more attention will shifted to the software part of FTA and am so happy that the period will coincide with the period am done with jungle acada,and devote the remaining part of existence to the gods of fta. Microgiant, other names witheld understand what am saying. Its high time we take a higher step. Guys here are more closer to me than some of my family members. Love u guys, just thinking how it will be without u guys. This the first time in my life am so appreciating. U guys are ready to go extra mile for anyone. The north crew, south-west connection, south-south end, gold coast, kenya. U guys are superb. Even if i have nile and all fta channels and i dont have u guys, what will be my profit?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 11:20am On Apr 18, 2009
@all>> Happy Week-end.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 18, 2009
@ all, just thinking how wonderful it'll be if hubbies esp to the married ones can take up the fta hobby. Olofofo,twins,babaegun,ola,badaru-do u guys even allow ur wifies to watch tv at all?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2009
@all>> Fellow learned colleagues, I've just updated my profile. Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2009
@chuks
My sincere condolence at this time of grief. Be strong and let your heart take courage as God has given you His strength and is with you.

@captain
Thanks for your cover.

@George D, Enitan & all
Thanks for your concern about the gold coast brothers. We are doing well but for "some" of us some contributions to the forum can be intensified after we have experienced new things or made discoveries helpful to other members of the forum. This may seem like, then less activities of FTA - no. Still in the FTA spirit, there is a great interest in what enitan calls the software of FTA (SoFTA) and I am behind him in spirit even if no physical contributions can be made.

Enitan, I just loaded a file to the G-group, I want you to make an assessment to find out if can help fix those fried recievers of other members. I have not done any search on it yet. The other folder is just the loader for most strong receivers.

@all
what is a key maker and what does it do.

my name is Sathob
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ gem, my wish is to be in calabar, dem fishes over there go know that someone is around. No dull yourself at all ooo. @ sathob, with d condition i am now i wont be able to work on that but i know so many other capable hands will take up the task. If nile is proving difficult to get over there, i think u guys over there should arrange bringing badaru/olofofo over there to help, what do u think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ Chuks

Heartfelt condolences; may his soul and that of others departed (I also lost an aged uncle while in Nigeria recently) rest in peace. Just trust that he has gone to a better place and left this troubled world. Almighty God will grant you and all his loved ones the fortitude to deal with this loss and positively too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2009
@Enitan>> You have to behave yourself here. Here en, their chicks are beautiful and not difficult to be-friend but if you dare it, you are putting a lot of things on risks. Remember the HIV prevalence statistics, sometimes ago.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ chuks 101,
pls accept my unreserved condolence iro ur younger one.may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.amen
take heart.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ gem, i already have the incisions that deactivate the virus on my body. @ sirusians, updates is needed. Are the globecast advertising channels turning to real stations. Those on motorised should please confirm that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 18, 2009
George-D,
thanks a lot.I will do just that.what do you think I can adjust to peak my Nilesat signal like yours-refoil the dish or change the cable?where do i get copper to copper cable in the Lagos area?how much is it?

@toxnaija,
I'd say both. Since you said your dish was installed several years ago, it's possible that ageing
has set in which inturn will affect it's reflective abilities. It will be a good idea if you refoil it and
also check it's parabola in the process.
About the copper -to- copper cable, it's good to get one if you can squeaze out the extra change.
I bought a roll here for about N3,000. That is more than three times the normal cost of a copper
to aluminium RG6 cable. But I'm sure it will be cheaper in lagos (alaba) and environs. Honestly, my
advice to anyone installing nilesat is to use only the best available cable which is copper to copper.
It doesn't make sense that after investing so much money and manhours to bring your signal into
the house, you now lose 2db to 3db from LNB to reciever due to cheap and ineffecient cables. That
2db of signal could mean the difference between recieving CNN, SHOWSPORTS or ART and not
recieving at all.
So reserve those aluminium to copper cables for DTH installations like sirius 4, w3a, Pas 7/10, etc.
where signal loss does not matter much.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2009
@chuks,
O boy! Sorry o! Accept my heartfelt condolence. God giveth and he taketh.
Please don't grieve too much ok? It is the ultimate price we all have to pay
as humans.

@enitan,
Looks like you suspended your nilesat installation. What happened? After the
ground pole pictures then nothing. Abi na demo you dey do for us? grin

@sathob,
Welcome back from hibernation. I wish ecowas4all would awake too. Wanted to
let him know that I eventually resolved the COMSTAR puzzle. It took a little bit of
ingenuity on my part to finally stop the dish from topping over on the west end.
Now I can track from as low as thaicom 5 in the east to intelsat 9 in the west
with normal stops and starts all through. Will post pictures of the flat bar much later.
It will be very useful for anybody contemplating on having a similar set up in the
future.

@Oga twinstaiye,
It's time you thought about having an inverter for a change. It will reduce your stress
of queueing up to buy fuel just to power your generator. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ciscostaz: 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
@all

grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2009
GTV Ghana now on Sirius 12527 V 4420
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2009
I was online with Adewest some minutes ago. He asked me to greet everyone. He is in Liberia for a short operation.

To quote him:

my regards to known and unknown names of the Land like the moderators twinsT,Olofofo and others.

I hope I deliver the message well? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 18, 2009
salamander:

GTV Ghana now on Sirius 12527 V 4420

For real? I thought they were sold to DSTV sometime ago?
Looks like this sirius bird is once again becoming the toast
of FTA. What with etv, sabc and now gtv all lighting up
green there smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2009
@George

This is GTV - Ghana TV not the Gateway.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2009
chuks101, men so sorry to hear abt wat happened to your bro. take heart god will surely take control. stay strong .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2009
enitan, urgent! pls what do i do my wellphone on my lappy is conting down. it's asking me to order the product pls advise
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ ola, just saw ur missed call, u shld hav tried my mtn if i dnt seem to be picking the glo. Uninstall the wellphone and reinstall it back and use this key wnf-6l61-yyy-yyh-tzec. Or better still give me a midnite call.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2009
@enitan,
I tried calling you this evening (check the glo number that rang you thrice) but apparently
you were too pre-occupied with the Arsenal-Chelsea match to pick your calls. I wanted to
give you a surprise call as you're one of the few remaining g-members I have not spoken
to personally. It turned out my 'surprise' was twarted by Chelsea grin
I will try again tomorrow. Let's see if it works out then.
You have not answered my question about your nilesat installation.

@salamander,
That is noted. Sirius 4 is getting more serious by the day grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
@sathob

Is the keymaker you were reffering to for softwares or fta. if it's for general software. it just an application that provides you with keys to be able to use commercial softwares for free. normally this software requires activations key which is provided by this keymakers. note of warning though, majority of them have embeded trojans which can compromise the safety of your PC, always scan with a good antivirus before use, I personally recommend kaspersky Internet security.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ fofo, i personally recommend avast antivirus, tested and proven.i hope ur scum bag team is ready for me? Am hotter than fire. @ george, i was far away at a joint enjoying myself, i came back to see about 20 missed calls, ola's and yours were among including those that wanted to congratulate me. Concerning my dish, am away from my base as of now, am trying to fashion some things out with oga badaru, if am successful, the dish will be up soon and running. @ twins, the men have been separated from the boys. If we cant get through on the ground, we take it above and if u are up to the task u can come up and lets flex muscles, two down two more to go. Scummies and bartah here we come.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 3:41am On Apr 19, 2009
@salamander can u please confirm if sabc is on sirius.i tried the tps posted by osef but no channel showed up even though some of them turned green.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 7:17am On Apr 19, 2009
@ all thank you my brothers for your kind words and concern they are making me feel better , u are all wonderfull people and may God grant u all ur heart desires in Jesus name amen @ all mbc 3 showed yesterday's match live ,lets hope today would not be an exception be on the look out
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:38am On Apr 19, 2009
enitan2002:

@ fofo, i personally recommend avast antivirus,

I saw the wonders that the tested and porven avast did on OLA's laptop. shhhhhhhhhhhoooooooo.

@oga moderator

I tried calling you last night after the loss to the shepe team but you did not pick. sorry hey! pray hard against liverpool on tuesday since you have both fallen to the same foe.

EVERTON HERE WE COME!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 19, 2009
@ fofo, for ya info ola had no reputable antivirus on his system when he got infected. Am not sure oga twins will be able to moderate this section for the next two weeks, liverflukes will deal with them on tues followed by next week thrashing by the scummies.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2009
@Olofofo, Enitan
By the power conferred upon me as the Moderator of this forum, I am tempted to imposed immediate ban to you scummies and chavs until further notice for making mockery of my darling Arsenal team.   But because my wife was just delivered of a bouncing baby girl, my daughter is your saviour. You have her to thank. I am therefore using my supererogatory power of mercy, you are pardon this time around. grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2009
@twinstaiye congrats oga moderator on the new addition to your family.dont mind enitan we will bounce back surely.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by neowelsh(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2009
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.