Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,555 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False (19343 Views)

A Beautiful Mosque In Turkey Designed Based On A Verse Of Qur'an / Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. / If These Quranic Verses Are True, Then What Is The Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:38am On Aug 15, 2015
bare1:

Many who claim to be Muslims and Christians do not read the Scriptures and just speak based on what they've been told. Muslim I believe means submitting to the will of God and Christian means Christlike, that can also be said to be submitting to the will of God, so in the real sense they both mean the same. Obviously they do and aren't just titles but an act or attitude. Hence the reason Muslims believe Jesus to be Muslim.

Since the god of the Qur'an is different from the God of the Bible and Isa of the Qur'an is different from Jesus of the Bible, how can you say Jesus Christ was a Muslim considering the fact that Islam only started about 600 years after the ascension of Christ?

bare1:

However, analyzing and understanding the Scripture properly would tell you that it's more a human error for the belief that Jesus isn't the son of God. When Jesus left the disciples, He promised them a helper, a comforter which came to them in the Holy Spirit, giving them power to heal and carry on the Teacher's work. This helper Muslims believe to be the Prophet Muhammad who some hold in higher esteem than Jesus since they believe he was the one sent after the Messiah.

As I said earlier that Jesus, the Son of God is different from Isa of the Qur'an who is not the son of allah and if you insist that Muhammad is the comforter to 'carry on the Teacher's work' how come Muhammad instead of giving life came to kill, steal and destroy?

bare1:

Now the question is if you choose to go by what Muslims believe as to Jesus not dying on the cross, wouldn't you think that you're getting second hand information compared to the Gospel which tells of the life and teachings of Jesus?

Only a mad man will trust the unreliable denials of Muhammad over eyewitnesses accounts of the disciples of Christ.

bare1:

I understand that they regarded Jesus high enough to doubt His death because of the works and testimonies that proved Him to be different from all other prophets that the Prophet Isaiah foretold His coming, so it's very possible that they doubted for mere reasons that in all His greatness, Jesus couldn't have been killed by mere men. And also because of the high regard they seem to equally regard Prophet Muhammad as high believing he was the one promised the disciples by Jesus.

They only doubted Jesus' death and resurrection because they were unbelievers and operating under the spirit of the antichrist. Listen and read how the Lord Jesus Christ rebuked the spirit of the antichrist when Peter allow himself to be used to prevent Jesus from dying on the Cross. If you allow yourself to be used by satan to deny Christ's death and resurrection the Jesus equally rebukes you.

"But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men" (Matthew 16:23).

bare1:

Clearly for human error, some groups might have come to take the Prophet's word as superior but do those people get the message of the helper promised more than those promised by Jesus? No way because just like in today's media, the press cannot give a more detailed report of the meeting of our President when he's having a closed door meeting than the attendees of that meeting.

We don't need to go far to ascertain who is telling the truth. Jesus said, 'By their fruits you shall know them' What was Muhammad's fruit? Stealing, killing and destroying as portrayed by true Muslims who come in the form of ISIS.

bare1:

Jesus Christ is the Gospel sent by our Father in Heaven as He proclaimed when He said He is the way, the truth and the life, and that's why the Gospels by Mathew, Mark, Luke and John is entirely about the life and teachings of Jesus, and you cannot tell me that two of the twelve couldn't account correctly the life of Jesus and yet John the beloved was kept alive when others were killed, for him to write the revelation of things to come.

Do you believe the saying of our Lord Jesus that He is the way, the truth and the life? If not why do deceive yourselves calling Him your prophet?

bare1:

Well the Bible has said it all, even things happening before our eyes have been revealed by a book that's existed for over 2000 years. And as the word of God changes not, I urge people to take Scripture more seriously as it is our life handbook to guide us. Even the keys to success lies in the Bible, many motivational authors/speakers and successful people get their inspiration from it. The most important thing though is to embrace the way, the truth and the life, for no one goes to the Father but through Him. We are all children of God but He is the son of God, the only begotten son. And come what may, regardless of our religious affiliation - be Christian or Muslim, Jew of Gentile - the children of God's kingdom would be those who are part of the universal church, Jesus Christ - whether you're Catholic or Anglican or Protestant would not matter.

You sound more confused than I thought. undecided

bare1:

Peace be unto you all.

You can only get peace from the Prince of Peace. smiley

1 Like

Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Since the god of the Qur'an is different from the God of the Bible and Isa of the Qur'an is different from Jesus of the Bible, how can you say Jesus Christ was a Muslim considering the fact that Islam only started about 600 years after the ascension of Christ?

As I said earlier that Jesus, the Son of God is different from Isa of the Qur'an who is not the son of allah and if you insist that Muhammad is the comforter to 'carry on the Teacher's work' how come Muhammad instead of giving life came to kill, steal and destroy?

Only a mad man will trust the unreliable denials of Muhammad over eyewitnesses accounts of the disciples of Christ.

They only doubted Jesus' death and resurrection because they were unbelievers and operating under the spirit of the antichrist. Listen and read how the Lord Jesus Christ rebuked the spirit of the antichrist when Peter allow himself to be used to prevent Jesus from dying on the Cross. If you allow yourself to be used by satan to deny Christ's death and resurrection the Jesus equally rebukes you.

"But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men" (Matthew 16:23).

We don't need to go far to ascertain who is telling the truth. Jesus said, 'By their fruits you shall know them' What was Muhammad's fruit? Stealing, killing and destroying as portrayed by true Muslims who come in the form of ISIS.

Do you believe the saying of our Lord Jesus that He is the way, the truth and the life? If not why do deceive yourselves calling Him your prophet?

You sound more confused than I thought. undecided

You can only get peace from the Prince of Peace. smiley

You're the confused one. I don't know if you're agreeing to what I write or contradicting it. All the same read it again without sentiments and redirect your responses to whoever you're arguing with. I am not here to condemn anyone but to proclaim Jesus Christ is LORD.
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
bare1:

You're the confused one. I don't know if you're agreeing to what I write or contradicting it. All the same read it again without sentiments and redirect your responses to whoever you're arguing with. I am not here to condemn anyone but to proclaim Jesus Christ is LORD.

In your first sentence you said Islam and Christianity means the same thing, no?
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

In your first sentence you said Islam and Christianity means the same thing, no?

Did you just read only the first sentence?
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
bare1:

Did you just read only the first sentence?

No. Christianity and Islam are not similar in any shape or form. The Allah of the Qur'an is different from the Yahweh of the Bible. The Jesus of the Qur'an is not the Jesus of the Bible. If Muslims truly believe Jesus of the Bible to be their prophet they would have believed His saying that He is the way, the truth and the life. The Muslim heaven is different from the heaven Jesus spoke about in the Bible. smiley
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 5:35am On Aug 21, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

No. Christianity and Islam are not similar in any shape or form. The Allah of the Qur'an is different from the Yahweh of the Bible. The Jesus of the Qur'an is not the Jesus of the Bible. If Muslims truly believe Jesus of the Bible to be their prophet they would have believed His saying that He is the way, the truth and the life. The Muslim heaven is different from the heaven Jesus spoke about in the Bible. smiley

Hmm....I think I'm going to read the quran to see what the core values of Islam are but you have a point from what I've read so far.
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
bare1:

Hmm....I think I'm going to read the quran to see what the core values of Islam are but you have a point from what I've read so far.

That will be a good proposition smiley.
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

That will be a good proposition smiley.

Thank you. However we need not be judges of other people and their religion, that's not our purpose on Earth. The Almighty is the judge, rather pray that the truth be revealed to more people.

God bless
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2015
bare1:

Thank you. However we need not be judges of other people and their religion, that's not our purpose on Earth. The Almighty is the judge, rather pray that the truth be revealed to more people.

God bless

If you are aware that a faulty lift/elevator in a tower block could cause the death of people using it would you raise and alarm to prevent them from impending catastrophe? undecided
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If you are aware that a faulty lift/elevator in a tower block could cause the death of people using it would you raise and alarm to prevent them from impending catastrophe? undecided

You're not raising alarm for a faulty elevator, you're condemning others' religion. What if, just what if you are wrong?
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
bare1:

You're not raising alarm for a faulty elevator, you're condemning others' religion. What if, just what if you are wrong?

I'm not only raising an alarm for a faulty elevator I am suggesting that folks put on Jesus as a parachute for those jumping out of falling airplane because they cannot land safely by flapping their hands.
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 3:58am On Aug 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I'm not only raising an alarm for a faulty elevator I am suggesting that folks put on Jesus as a parachute for those jumping out of falling airplane because they cannot land safely by flapping their hands.

The title of the post alone totally condemns another religion. You should worry about yourself first cause I know Jesus spoke against judging others. So it's either you're not studying the Bible, or you choose to disobey Him. May we find the grace to really live like Christ....Amen!
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2015
bare1:

The title of the post alone totally condemns another religion. You should worry about yourself first cause I know Jesus spoke against judging others. So it's either you're not studying the Bible, or you choose to disobey Him. May we find the grace to really live like Christ....Amen!

I can only advise you to enlighten yourself so that you do not expose your ignorance on the public forum. False humility is not Christianity.

The following thread will help you in this adventure: https://www.nairaland.com/832839/judging-others#13628048
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by Annunaki(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
bare1:

Obviously you have no clue about what islam is all about. Islam is not just any other religion, it is THE ANTI-CHRIST.

2 Likes

Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
Annunaki:

Obviously you have no clue about what islam is all about. Islam is not just any other religion, it is THE ANTI-CHRIST.

All the same don't judge. Focus on Jesus Christ.
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I can only advise you to enlighten yourself so that you do not expose your ignorance on the public forum. False humility is not Christianity.

The following thread will help you in this adventure: https://www.nairaland.com/832839/judging-others#13628048

Humility is a virtue, so can't be false. Light and darkness don't mix. Don't judge....Focus on Jesus Christ.
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
bare1:

Humility is a virtue, so can't be false. Light and darkness don't mix. Don't judge....Focus on Jesus Christ.

Ignorance is not a virtue, help yourself by clicking on the thread I suggested on what it means to judge not. ==>
https://www.nairaland.com/832839/judging-others#13628048

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24).
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by bare1(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Ignorance is not a virtue, help yourself by clicking on the thread I suggested on what it means to judge not. ==>
https://www.nairaland.com/832839/judging-others#13628048

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24).

It's says judge not and says judge according to righteous judgment and that is for you to determine your ways. You're not only judging, you're condemning as well.
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2015
bare1:

It's says judge not and says judge according to righteous judgment and that is for you to determine your ways. You're not only judging, you're condemning as well.

Can you kindly show me where I condemned Muslims?
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
Annunaki:

Well said. smiley
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
3. David was given the Psalms

Surah 4:163, "We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms."

Do Muslims still believe the Torah is intact or that it has been changed? undecided
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
4. Jesus was given the gospel

Surah 57:27, "Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah; but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors."

Where is this gospel if the current one has been altered?
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
5. Christians should judge by what is in the Gospel

5:47, "Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel."

Do Muslims really believe their Qur'an or has it been tampered with? undecided
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
Bumped.
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Do Muslims really believe their Qur'an or has it been tampered with? undecided

6. The Qur'an confirms the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospels and guards them

Surah 5:48 "To thee [the people of the gospel] We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;"

Where is this Scripture allah sent today? undecided
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

6. The Qur'an confirms the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospels and guards them

Surah 5:48 "To thee [the people of the gospel] We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;"

Where is this Scripture allah sent today? undecided

7. Ask Christians about spiritual things

Surah 10.94, "If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt."

Do Muslims believe and obey this injunction today? undecided
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

7. Ask Christians about spiritual things

Surah 10.94, "If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt."

Do Muslims believe and obey this injunction today? undecided

8. Curse on those who say God has a son:

Surah 9:30, "The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!"
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

8. Curse on those who say God has a son:

Surah 9:30, "The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!"

9. Jesus not crucified

Surah 4:157, "That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not."
Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

9. Jesus not crucified

Surah 4:157, "That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not."

Let's round it up:

1. None can change Allah's words (Surah 6:34; 6:115; 18:27)
2. Jesus was given the gospel by Allah (Surah 57:27)
3. The Qur'an confirms the Gospels (Surah 5:48)
4. The Gospels contradict the Qur'an

So, if the Qur'an confirms the Gospels which say that Jesus was crucified (Matthew 27:26–31; Mark 15:15–20; Luke 23:32–34; John 19:17-18), and the Qur'an says Jesus was not crucified (Surah 4:157), then the Qur'an is false. But if it says the Gospels are false, then the Qur'an denies its own teaching and Islam is false. shocked

https://carm.org/if-the-quran-is-true-then-islam-is-false

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Let's round it up:

1. None can change Allah's words (Surah 6:34; 6:115; 18:27)
2. Jesus was given the gospel by Allah (Surah 57:27)
3. The Qur'an confirms the Gospels (Surah 5:48)
4. The Gospels contradict the Qur'an

So, if the Qur'an confirms the Gospels which say that Jesus was crucified (Matthew 27:26–31; Mark 15:15–20; Luke 23:32–34; John 19:17-18), and the Qur'an says Jesus was not crucified (Surah 4:157), then the Qur'an is false. But if it says the Gospels are false, then the Qur'an denies its own teaching and Islam is false. shocked

https://carm.org/if-the-quran-is-true-then-islam-is-false

Objections Answered

Objection: The gospel is not the written record but the message that Jesus gave.

Answer: This can't work because the Qur'an confirms the Torah, the Psalms, and the gospels (written records) that were around at the time of Muhammad.

Surah 5:48, "To thee [the people of the gospel] We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety . . . "

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by yazach: 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=35547827][/quote]

Re: If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
yazach:

Get an afterlife. tongue

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday / Q / The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.