Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,519 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

When you get carried away by initial gragra. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When you get carried away by initial gragra. (45029 Views)

Man Carried His Lady On His Shoulder After Saying Yes To His Proposal / Why Do People Think There Is No More Love When Initial Gragra Finally Fade? / Why Do People Think There Is No More Love When Initial Gragra Finally Fade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 10:59am On Jul 08, 2015
missphumby:
This shit happened to me recently, but thank God I brushed that shit off... love is just an illusion undecided tongue

Love is not an illusion but its our impatience and lack of understanding that makes it one.

1 Like

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 08, 2015
Toks2008:

Are you sure you are not my mum's daughter from another man? because you look so much like my younger sister.
Who played the away match then?grin
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 08, 2015
Toks2008:

Love is not an illusion but its our impatience and lack of understanding that makes it one.
Do you believe in love?
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
softysparky:

Do you believe in love?

YES I DO but Over the years i have realized that LOVE is the most wrongly used word in the dictionary.

I have seen many people who professed love to each other just to make a 360 degree turn and then i tend to wonder if they ever understood that word love.

I have even heard of a situation where a man found it so easy to walk away from his wife and children after many years just to conclude that what he felt all through the years was probably pity and not love.

It has become the norm for us to now see a million dollar wedding crashing down even before it began and then these same people who were all smiles and curdled up on the wedding day, exchanging vows will turn against each other with so much hatred.

Husbands kill same woman they made a vow to love and wives do same to their hubbies even when they have borne the same man children.

How many husbands can still tell their wives "i love you" even if she denies him sex? how many husbands will still love their wives if she refuses to do her duties as a wife in the house? and how many women will still love their husbands even if he fails to live up to his status?

Judging from all these happenings i have decided to stop using that word love and any one who uses such word to describe his or her feelings for the partner must really take a chill pill and think deep before uttering such.

If from the real life situation i see, i think it will be reasonable for anyone to wait for at least 20years of being with your partner before you can truly say those words "I LOVE YOU" even if we all know that even after 30years people can still turn against each other but at least 20years is good enough to pass that assertion.

I have come to believe that LOVE can only exist between GOD and man and what humans feel is just a temporary feeling of desire which can be in form of initial gragra(Adrenaline love), infatuation(Unreasoning love),Lust or maybe a superficial love as a result of what you are getting from that person and in the absence of such will diminish.

Yes maybe i am over-flogging it,maybe we still have true love between very rare partners but the truth is that i would rather seek for a true friendship, a true bonding which i have found to be more realistic than that facade called True love.

*Just thinking*

13 Likes

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
Toks2008:

YES I DO but Over the years i have realized that LOVE is the most wrongly used word in the dictionary.

I have seen many people who professed love to each other just to make a 360 degree turn and then i tend to wonder if they ever understood that word love.

I have even heard of a situation where a man found it so easy to walk away from his wife and children after many years just to conclude that what he felt all through the years was probably pity and not love.

It has become the norm for us to now see a million dollar wedding crashing down even before it began and then these same people who were all smiles and curdled up on the wedding day, exchanging vows will turn against each other with so much hatred.

Husbands kill same woman they made a vow to love and wives do same to their hubbies even when they have borne the same man children.

How many husbands can still tell their wives "i love you" even if she denies him sex? how many husbands will still love their wives if she refuses to do her duties as a wife in the house? and how many women will still love their husbands even if he fails to live up to his status?

Judging from all these happenings i have decided to stop using that word love and any one who uses such word to describe his or her feelings for the partner must really take a chill pill and think deep before uttering such.

If from the real life situation i see, i think it will be reasonable for anyone to wait for at least 20years of being with your partner before you can truly say those words "I LOVE YOU" even if we all know that even after 30years people can still turn against each other but at least 20years is good enough to pass that assertion.

I have come to believe that LOVE can only exist between GOD and man and what humans feel is just a temporary feeling of desire which can be in form of initial gragra(Adrenaline love), infatuation(Unreasoning love),Lust or maybe a superficial love as a result of what you are getting from that person and in the absence of such will diminish.

Yes maybe i am over-flogging it,maybe we still have true love between very rare partners but the truth is that i would rather seek for a true friendship, a true bonding which i have found to be more realistic than that facade called True love.

*Just thinking*
This is very deep, I think my friend ronald will definitely agree with you.

I would rather seek for true friendship, bonding and respect.

2 Likes

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
softysparky:
Hmmm Roland it is.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Toks2008:

Better be careful make dem no use spell finish you.You never can tell with some ladies o. If you know a lady is not the type you can marry by first assessment then don't even go close.

Yes bawss
Noted bawss
Thanks bawss
Ure the man bawss
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Yes bawss
Noted bawss
Thanks bawss
Ure the man bawss

LOL!
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 9:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
I just got saved from initial gragra.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
ojay2053:
Nice one

Thanks bro..Writing is a great passion i have and i focus on relationships and politics majorly.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 12:00am On Aug 04, 2015
softysparky:

People who look for love hardly finds it but just be yourself and get busy with your life and Love will certainly find you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 04, 2015
Toks2008:

People who look for love hardly finds it but just be yourself and get busy with your life and Love will certainly find you.
wink
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 12:04am On Aug 04, 2015
softysparky:

wink

You scare me because you look so much like my younger sis.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 04, 2015
Toks2008:

You scare me because you look so much like my younger sis.
Are you serious? It's a very small world indeed.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 12:46am On Aug 04, 2015
softysparky:

Are you serious? It's a very small world indeed.

1 Like

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 04, 2015
@Toks2008 Shes pretty. You must be an old man thencheesy
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2015
softysparky:
@Toks2008 Shes pretty. You must be an old man thencheesy

It depends on your definition of old.

I just clocked 40 nevertheless still searching for the ideal lady.Strange but true.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by chrisbaby24(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2015
Dats a nice one OP...exactly wat am passin thru rite now....don't even want to tink about it...but d thought is always dia...jus kip blaming myself all dis while...prayin to God to help me push it aside and move on... embarassed

1 Like

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Toks2008:

It depends on your definition of old.

I just clocked 40 nevertheless still searching for the ideal lady.Strange but true.
Tell me you are joking... and what do you mean by searching for an ideal lady?
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 11:08am On Aug 05, 2015
softysparky:

Tell me you are joking... and what do you mean by searching for an ideal lady?

Lol! are you surprised that at 40 I'm still unmarried? I was actually in a scam affair that lasted for 12years which broke up two years ago so don't blame an innocent guy who found himself with the wrong lady from age 26 to 38.

So thats it in a nut shell.

1 Like

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2015
chrisbaby24:
Dats a nice one OP...exactly wat am passin thru rite now....don't even want to tink about it...but d thought is always dia...jus kip blaming myself all dis while...prayin to God to help me push it aside and move on... embarassed
Initial gragra syndrome is dangerous and very very deceptive that you will think its the real deal.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by IamLEGEND1: 11:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Toks2008 mah man....
thumbs up mate....
#AwesomeWtriteUp
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
Toks2008 mah man....

thumbs up mate....

#AwesomeWtriteUp

THanks padi mi
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
That moment when you are head over heels in love with a lady or man who claimed single yet still married and you won't believe how many ladies have gotten pregnant for a married man without them having a clue all because of initial gragra.

No matter how i feel towards a lady,i have learned to apply slow motion so that i can easily see some things that i may not see in fast motion.

1 Like

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
I endorse this topic for front page!

Thumbs up

I will be glad to have this in the frontpage because it will save a lot of people from entering into one chance affair.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by ennon92(m): 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
The Op's view really changed my perception on the said subject matter. A successful relationship must have metamorphosized from friendship.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by mooremedia: 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
@Op I totally agree with you......
it takes like 1-2 years to know if you truly love someone or its just infatuation.
but most people don't wait this long to test the waters before diving into marriage, hence the regular divorce this days . Especially celebrities, I.G is not good for your health or relationship, know the lroduct your buying before taking it home . Divorce us not a good thing.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by wrongnumber: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
mooremedia:
@Op I totally agree with you......
it takes like 1-2 years to know if you truly love someone or its just infatuation.
but most people don't wait this long to test the waters before diving into marriage, hence the regular divorce this days . Especially celebrities, I.G is not good for your health or relationship, know the lroduct your buying before taking it home . Divorce us not a good thing.

A year don do sef.

No wonder why you go see a lady all over a guy today and in less than a year their union go be history.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
If there's no initial gra-gra you won't even start the relationship tho

1 Like

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Aude(f): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Toks2008:

Lol! are you surprised that at 40 I'm still unmarried? I was actually in a scam affair that lasted for 12years which broke up two years ago so don't blame an innocent guy who found himself with the wrong lady from age 26 to 38.

So thats it in a nut shell.

Can you elaborate more on why you consider your last relationship to have been a scam affair? Why I am asking is you were with the girl for 12years and you didn't get married to her. What held you back? I know of a relationship where the girl walked away after five years because among other things the guy showed no signs of wanting to commit to her. If you ask the guy why they broke up he will say the girl wasn't sincere, whereas the girl maintains she pulled the plug on the relationship because she felt if he couldn't commit to her then it meant he was looking for something more.
I have always found it interesting the way females and males have a different opinion of why things ended.

2 Likes

Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by wrongnumber: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
MrsPhyno:
If there's no initial gra-gra you won't even start the relationship tho

I guess you are right but i believe the OP write up is about guarding against making some silly decisions at that initial gragra stage.

I am sure this is the stage many whites go into marriage and maybe after a while they now run out of the marriage and that is why the trend of engagement is coming up as people rather prefer to be engaged and even raise children during engagement as well as celebrate engagement anniversary lol..wahala dey o

Great article.
Re: When you get carried away by initial gragra. by Toks2008(m): 9:36am On Aug 14, 2015
Aude:

Can you elaborate more on why you consider your last relationship to have been a scam affair? Why I am asking is you were with the girl for 12years and you didn't get married to her. What held you back? I know of a relationship where the girl walked away after five years because among other things the guy showed no signs of wanting to commit to her. If you ask the guy why they broke up he will say the girl wasn't sincere, whereas the girl maintains she pulled the plug on the relationship because she felt if he couldn't commit to her then it meant he was looking for something more.
I have always found it interesting the way females and males have a different opinion of why things ended.

That is a topic for another day.

I only pity those who dont ask questions and make findings about the previous affairs of whoever they want to commit our hearts to but will foolishly believe whatever they are told all because of initial gragra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Simple Things Girls Do To Deceive Guys. / Man And His Fiancee Dance 'Shaku Shaku', Do The Doggy Pose In Pre-Wedding Photos / How A Lady I Was Supposed To Dump Skillfully Dumped Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.