Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? (9675 Views)

Muslims: Why Doesn't Allah Forgive The Sin Of Adultery? / Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? / Muslims: Why Did Muhammad Disobey Quran10:94? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

[b] The truth is to worship the One and only GOD ALMIGHTY in truth and desist from sin. The Israelite rejected his prophethood which is tantamount to rejecting his message. [b]And they sought to kill him because they are obstinate to the truth. [[/b]/b]

Says who?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 10:01am On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:
[/color]
Every one of God's true prophets preached the truth. John the Baptist preached the truth but was killed specifically for advising king Herod not to marry Heroidia and other prophets who were killed were for specific reasons and not because they preached the truth.

Other prophets that were killed in the OT, can you specify the reason why they were killed aside from saying the truth?

Now tell me where the quran says Jesus was killed because he preached the truth or where allah stated any reason at all for the Jews wanting to kill him before he rescued him.

Isn't it obvious that they sought to kill him for being the messanger of God which they are not ready to accept?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Other prophets that were killed in the OT, can you specify the reason why they were killed aside from saying the truth?

Isn't it obvious that they sought to kill him for being the messanger of God which they are not ready to accept?

I asked you to cite any quranic verse where allah says the reason(s) they wanted Jesus killed, you could not but said it is obvious. That it is obvious is your own formulation as the bible says it was because he called himself the Son of God, which allah couldn't say as it would have negated his establishment of islam.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 10:32am On Jul 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
the Jews reject his prophethood that why they kill him ? Can you support your claimed with the quran ? The quran even indicate, the Jews believe he was the messiah.
Absolute BS.

The jews mockingly say that. They do not believe.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:
[/color]

I asked you to cite any quranic verse where allah says the reason(s) they wanted Jesus killed, you could not but said it is obvious.

Stop cherry-picking my posts. Address my first question.

That it is obvious is your own formulation as the bible says it was because he called himself the Son of God, which allah couldn't say as it would have negated his establishment of islam.

This was the reasonfor my first post on this thread. The Jews are ignorant of the term 'Son of God'. Christian on the other hand are deluded to think it is what it is.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Stop cherry-picking my posts. Address my first question.

This was the reasonfor my first post on this thread. The Jews are ignorant of the term 'Son of God'. Christian on the other hand are deluded to think it is what it is.

Want me to answer your question? Do you believe in what the bible says? The bible says Jesus was killed for calling himself the Son of God but you don't believe and you do expect me to waste my time telling you the reasons other prophets were killed from the same bible you don't believe?

What is your own definition of the term 'Son of God'? In many passages of the bible Jesus referred to God as Father.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:

Want me to answer your question? Do you believe in what the bible says? The bible says Jesus was killed for calling himself the Son of God but you don't believe and you do expect me to waste my time telling you the reasons other prophets were killed from the same bible you don't believe?

Mr. man, answer my question. I don't need to believe the bible before questioning it.

What is your own definition of the term 'Son of God'? In many passages of the bible Jesus referred to God as Father.

The term 'son of God' could mean anything. Not literally son of God as it is been pronounced. That Jesus refered to God as his father doesn't mean he is his biological father.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Maamin(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:

It has been repeated severally on this thread with evidence that Jesus was killed for calling himself the Son of God.

Christianity means 'like Christ' then if we bear that name it is okay by us. God has no religion but His own people.

God will bless you abundantly for the bolded.

shalom aleikhem!

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Mr. man, answer my question. I don't need to believe the bible before questioning it.

The term 'son of God' could mean anything. Not literally son of God as it is been pronounced. That Jesus refered to God as his father doesn't mean he is his biological father.

The bible clearly states Jesus is the Son of God and that is why he called God his Father. You are not in a position to change the bible.

The whole essence of the Gospel is the declaration that Jesus is the Son of God. Allah knew this and yet he accepts the Gospel as valid: [ Quran 5:47 ] ''Let the People of
the Gospel judge by that which
Allah hath revealed therein.
Whoso judgeth not by that which
Allah hath revealed: such are evil-
livers''. Jesus is the Son of God was what was in the Gospel at the time Muhammad came, yet allah accepted it as valid and wonder why he denied afterward.
Contradiction.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:

The bible clearly states Jesus is the Son of God and that is why he called God his Father. You are not in a position to change the bible.

Whats your take on Mattew 5:9?

Then what is the essence of the genealogy of Jesus?

The whole essence of the Gospel is the declaration that Jesus is the Son of God.

Woww! Are you sure of this? Can you back it up?

[s] Allah knew this and yet he accepts the Gospel as valid: [/s] [ Quran 5:47 ] Let the People of
the Gospel judge by that which
Allah hath revealed therein.
Whoso judgeth not by that which
Allah hath revealed: such are evil-
livers.

Trying to digress, isn't it?

The Gospel contains Jesus is the Son of God and wonder why allah still denied it after accepting the Gospel. Contradiction.

BS.

Address my questions.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001

What have all these got to do with the thread? Trying to create distraction?

The whole essence of the Gospel is to believe Jesus is the Son of God before anyone can be saved: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him (John 3:36). Allah wants the wrath of the true God for the muslims and that is why we are warning.

Address my questions.

Something gave rise to your question and that was my asking you to provide from the quran where allah specifically stated the reason the Jews wanted to kill Jesus. As you could not, you then raised the question. Tell me from the quran the reason they attempted on Jesus life and I will tell you the reason some prophets were killed in the bible.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by mustymatic(m): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
let me get this straight!! He enjoined them to worship one God but they refused,because they are worshipping more than one God and for that reason He was killed ? You failed woefully.
Moses,Abraham,Isaac and the rest, is it not the same message they preach ? And they were not killed. Prior to the coming of Jesus , the Jews (pharesees who belong to the religion Judaism) worship one God. So the question remain, why the attempt on Jesus life ?
Jesus wasnt the only messenger that was killed mind you
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 61:
And (remember) when you said, "O Musa (Moses)! We cannot endure one kind of food. So invoke your Lord for us to bring forth for us of what the earth grows, its herbs, its cucumbers, its Fum (wheat or garlic), its lentils and its onions." He said, "Would you exchange that which is better for that which is lower? Go you down to any town and you shall find what you want!" And they were covered with humiliation and misery, and they drew on themselves the Wrath of Allah. That was because they used to disbelieve the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah and killed the Prophets wrongfully. That was because they disobeyed and used to transgress the bounds (in their disobedience to Allah, i.e. commit crimes and sins).
whos failing now?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Anas09: 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
The muslims are obviously lost. All the rigmarolling is to save face. The koran is a complete lie. Satan just placed the Caricature character of Iesa in the koran to make Muslims feel that they don't have to leave Islam before they can believe in Jesus. Only, Iesa and Jesus Christ are not the same. nothing Jsus did is in the koran, but all Muhammed's evil deeds are recorded.
Something just occurred to me. The Muslims claim that Adam, Abraham, Noah Daniel even Jesus was a Muslim. That goes to say, all jews were Muslim once upon a time. Question: when did all the jews converted out of Islam?

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Anas09:
The muslims are obviously lost. All the rigmarolling is to save face. The koran is a complete lie. Satan just placed the Caricature character of Iesa in the koran to make Muslims feel that they don't have to leave Islam before they can believe in Jesus. Only, Iesa and Jesus Christ are not the same. nothing Jsus did is in the koran, but all Muhammed's evil deeds are recorded.
Something just occurred to me. The Muslims claim that Adam, Abraham, Noah Daniel even Jesus was a Muslim. That goes to say, all jews were Muslim once upon a time. Question: when did all the jews converted out of Islam?

The lies told by islamic allah are so easy to detect. Judaism is based on the Mosaic Laws. If Moses was a muslim as the quran asserts, all the Jews who practiced the Mosaic laws should invariably be muslims. But are Jews muslims?

If the Jews are muslims because they followed Moses who was a muslim, why would they want to kill Jesus their fellow muslim if the quran is true?

Quran is pure deception.

Rilwayne001 you have an uphill task here.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:

What have all these got to do with the thread? Trying to create distraction?

It has got all to do witg the thread. Perphaps you found it off point because your amnesia is back.

My question again is, If jesus said PEACEMAKERS are also known as SON OF GOD in Mattew 5:9, then what does that relay to you?

Secondly, of what purpose is the genealogy of Jesus that traces Joseph as his father in both Luke and Mattew?

The whole essence of the Gospel is to believe Jesus is the Son of God before anyone can be saved : He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him (John 3:36).

[b] You need to brush your brain sir. Contrary to the bolded part, here is what Jesus said according to your bible:

MARK 12:29-34 — And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [size=13pt] There is none other commandment greater than these. [/size] And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but [size=15pt] HE [/size] : And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices . And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

NOW THEIR ARE MANY POINTS TO NOTE IN THE VERSE ABOVE:

* He quoted from their scripture the greatest of all commadments i.e to believe that God is ONE and ONLY. Why didn't Jesus say believing in him as the son of god is the greatest message as you have wanted us to believe above?

* They affirm that these 2 commandments nullify burnt offerings and sacrifices. Then of what point is christians claim that he died for their sins?

* They affirm that Jesus been Master (in scripture understanding) as said the truth about the scripture, that there is ONE GOD and there is no other god but HE (notice the HE in red letter) [any honest person that read this verse will affirm that the HE doesnot include jesus. Therefore Jesus doesnt share in the divinity of God almighty]. Now did Jesus correct this man about it i.e to uphold trinity( that he shared in the diviinity?)

* No, jesus did't correct him, rather he saw that he had answered discreetly and told him that he is not far from the Kingdom of God....

My question now is, who are we going to believe between Jesus and you

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Contrary to the BS you posted up there undecided [/b]

[s] Allah wants the wrath of the true God for the muslims and that is why we are warning. [/s]

The confusion in christianity is enougg problem for you to solve. why pokenosing into what you don't understand?

Something gave rise to your question and that was my asking you to provide from the quran where allah specifically stated the reason the Jews wanted to kill Jesus. As you could not, you then raised the question. Tell me from the quran the reason they attempted on Jesus life and I will tell you the reason some prophets were killed in the bible.

I have answered this question like 3times on this thread. No going back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by malvisguy212: 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Absolute BS.

The jews mockingly say that. They do not believe.
the Jews boast, they kill the messiah, is boasting now mock ? What stop you from quoting the verse ?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
the Jews boast, they kill the messiah, is boasting now mock ? What stop you from quoting the verse ?

Man, that they call him the messiah doesn't mean they believe he is the messiah. They were mocking him.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by malvisguy212: 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Man, that they call him the messiah doesn't mean they believe he is the messiah. They were mocking him.
And because of their saying (in boast)
, "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son
of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of
Allah," - but they killed him not, nor
crucified him, but the resemblance of
'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another
man (and they killed that man), and
those who differ therein are full of
doubts. They have no (certain)
knowledge, they follow nothing but
conjecture. For surely; they killed
him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of
Maryam (Mary)] 4:157 Hilal-Khan

Does this verse look like the Jews are mocking Jesus ?muhammed or Allah is inconsistent with his word , keep on living in denial.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
And because of their saying (in boast)
, "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son
of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of
Allah," - but they killed him not, nor
crucified him, but the resemblance of
'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another
man (and they killed that man), and
those who differ therein are full of
doubts. They have no (certain)
knowledge, they follow nothing but
conjecture. For surely; they killed
him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of
Maryam (Mary)] 4:157 Hilal-Khan

Does this verse look like the Jews are mocking Jesus ?muhammed or Allah is inconsistent with his word , keep on living in denial.

Get this to your dead brain Mr. man. This is just sarcastic mockery on their part, much in the same way that the Romans mocked Jesus in the Bible:

Matthew 27:29 and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand. Then they knelt in front of him and mocked him. “Hail, king of the Jews!” they said.

Does that mean they believe he is the king of jews?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001

I appreciate your extensive quotes from the bible even though you did not understand the meaning of what you are saying.

My question again is, If Jesus said PEACEMAKERS are also known as SON OF GOD in Mattew 5:9, then what does that relay to you?

Secondly, of what purpose is the genealogy of Jesus that traces Joseph as his father in both Luke and Mattew?

Peacemakers are not fight settlers as you think it is. Peace making in the bible context is reconciling man to God through repentance. Peacemakers in this context are preachers of God words reconciling people with God. The peacemakers here are people who follow Jesus teachings and are ordained to be preaching the gospel in due course, they are the Sons of God indeed. As many as receive Jesus to them are given power to become sons of God (John 1:12).

I wonder what point you are trying to make by referring to the genealogy of Jesus and Joseph. Even your quran confirms Mary was pregnant of Jesus without the input of Joseph. Mary was a virgin who conceived and bore Jesus.

[b]You need to brush your brain sir. Cojtrary to the bolded part, here is what Jesus said according to your bible:

MARK 12:29-34 — And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but HE : And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices . And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question. [/b]

God is One not three as the quran wrongly interprets the bible. For reason best known to Him, He decided to function in three offices. The office of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. God is capable of dividing Himself into any number He wishes.

".....more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices". This talking about burnt offerings and animal sacrifices conducted on the altar of the Jews' temple, which was how they were trying to appease God at that time, even though they didn't have the kind of love for God required of them.

".....Thou art not far from the kingdom of God". The kingdom of God is not the same as the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of God are people under God's government on earth, those who have God's words as their constitution. These are the people who will have access to the Kingdom of Heaven if they live in total obedience under the kingdom of God on earth. The people whom Jesus was addressing here were not even yet in the kingdom of God, they were only not far from it.

[b]NOW THEIR ARE MANY POINTS TO NOTE IN THE VERSE ABOVE:

* He quoted from their scripture the greatest of all commadments i.e to believe that God is ONE and ONLY. Why didn't Jesus say believing in him as the son of god is the greatest message as you have wanted us to believe above?

* They affirm that these 2 commandments nullify burnt offerings and sacrifices. Then of what point is christians claim that he died for their sins?

* They affirm that Jesus been Master (in scripture understanding) as said the truth about the scripture, that there is ONE GOD and there is no other god but HE (notice the HE in red letter) [any honest person that read this verse will affirm that the HE doesnot include Jesus. Therefore Jesus doesnt share in the divinity of God almighty]. Now did Jesus correct this man about it i.e to uphold trinity( that he shared in the diviinity?)

* No, Jesus did't correct him, rather he saw that he had answered discreetly and told him that he is not far from the Kingdom of God....

My question now is, who are we going to believe between Jesus and you

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Contrary to the BS you posted up there undecided[/b]

You cannot understand the bible because you do not have the Spirit of the Bible. All you are displaying here is carnal and head knowledge which do not tally with spiritual reality. Therefore all your explanations above are null and void.

I have answered this question like 3times on this thread. No going back.

The answer you gave was your personal opinion without any quranic backing. The truth remains your allah only talked about his rescuing Jesus from being killed and failed to tell why they wanted to kill him. Why was he hiding the truth if not to deceive mankind?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

This is another lie by islamic allah. At no time did the Jews call Jesus the Messiah. Though they were expecting their Messiah but they didn't believe it was Jesus. Had they known him to be and call him their Messiah, they would not even attempt to kill him talkless of actually killing him.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:

I appreciate your extensive quotes from the bible

Who cares undecided undecided \

even though you did not understand the meaning of what you are saying.

That because you find it hard to comprehend.

Peacemakers are not fight settlers as you think it is. Peace making in the bible context is reconciling man to God through repentance. Peacemakers in this context are preachers of God words reconciling people with God. The peacemakers here are people who follow Jesus teachings and are ordained to be preaching the gospel in due course, they are the Sons of God indeed. As many as receive Jesus to them are given power to become sons of God (John 1:12).

The bolded is exactly my point. Jesus is son of god because he follow Gods teaching and ordained this teaching in due course. He said it him in John 12: For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. Joh 12:50 I KNOW that his command leads to eternal life. [size=13pt] So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say." This equally makes him the son of God as per the bolded.

I wonder what point you are trying to make by referring to the genealogy of Jesus and Joseph.

Can you please tell me the reason why Luke and Mattew refer to Joseph as his father in the genealogy in both book?

Even your quran confirms Mary was pregnant of Jesus without the input of Joseph. Mary was a virgin who conceived and bore Jesus.

Ofcourse the Quran acknowledge that. My question is, why did luke and mattew refer to Joseph as his father?

God is One not three as the quran wrongly interprets the bible. For reason best known to Him, He decided to function in three offices. The office of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. God is capable of dividing Himself into any number He wishes.

The trinity arguement will be for another day. Perhaps you should open thread on it.

".....more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices". This talking about burnt offerings and animal sacrifices conducted on the altar of the Jews' temple, which was how they were trying to appease God at that time, even though they didn't have the kind of love for God required of them.".....

yawns*** my chatbox is getting full.

Thou art not far from the kingdom of God". The kingdom of God is not the same as the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of God are people under God's government on earth, those who have God's words as their constitution. These are the people who will have access to the Kingdom of Heaven if they live in total obedience under the kingdom of God on earth. The people whom Jesus was addressing here were not even yet in the kingdom of God, they were only not far from it.

Well, you can correct your masters here http://www.gotquestions.org/kingdom-heaven-God.html the dude said they aare the same thing. Your lie has been bursted again.

Lying at old age...Smh

You cannot understand the bible because you do not have the Spirit of the Bible. All you are displaying here is carnal and head knowledge which do not tally with spiritual reality. Therefore all your explanations above are null and void.

I asked pertinent questions, you boycotted almost everything, Smh. OMG! at bolded. Then of what essence am I even argueing with you? Damn! you are a waste of time.

The answer you gave was your personal opinion without any quranic backing. The truth remains your allah only talked about his rescuing Jesus from being killed and failed to tell why they wanted to kill him. Why was he hiding the truth if not to deceive mankind?

Bla bla bla. Those with active sight and brain can see that you have been answered. You can continue ranting.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 9:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:

This is another lie by islamic allah. At no time did the Jews call Jesus the Messiah. Though they were expecting their Messiah but they didn't believe it was Jesus. Had they known him to be and call him their Messiah, they would not even attempt to kill him talkless of actually killing him.

Keep wailing. Old wailing wailer tongue
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by malvisguy212: 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Get this to your dead brain Mr. man. This is just sarcastic mockery on their part, much in the same way that the Romans mocked Jesus in the Bible:

Matthew 27:29 and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand. Then they knelt in front of him and mocked him. “Hail, king of the Jews!” they said.

Does that mean they believe he is the king of jews?
nonsense, why are you quoting the bible?infacte that is the points, the Jew in the bible do not accepts Him as there messiah , they mock him for that, but the quran indicate, the Jews believe , He is the messiah BUT went ahead to make attempt on his life .

When barnabas and Jesus was handed to the crowd, who shall be released, the crowd chose barnabas:

Mark 15:15: “At that Pilate, wishing
to satisfy the crowd, released
Barabbas to them, and, after having
Jesus whipped, he handed him over
to be impaled.”

The crowd did not believe in Him that is why they chose barabbas.

Surah 4:157: And their saying:
Surely we have killed the Messiah,
Isa son of Marium, the messenger
of Allah; and they did not kill him
nor did they crucify him, but it
appeared to them so (like Isa) and
most surely those who differ therein
are only in a doubt about it; they
have no knowledge respecting it, but
only follow a conjecture, and they
killed him not for sure.

But here, the Jews boast , they killed the messiah. Why will they kill the one that God promise through the descended of Abraham the messiah will come ? It must be remembered that the Jewish religious leaders even objected when Pilate wrote a title saying, “King of the Jews.” (John 19:19-22). It is,therefore, illogical for the Jews to boastfully say that “we have killed the Messiah” when they did not accept Jesus as the Messiah in the first place.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001

The bolded is exactly my point. Jesus is son of god because he follow Gods teaching and ordained this teaching in due course. He said it him in John 12: For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. Joh 12:50 I KNOW that his command leads to eternal life. [size=13pt] So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say." This equally makes him the son of God as per the bolded.

You are seriously confused.

You said Jesus is the Son of God because he followed God's teaching. If following God's teaching is the reason Jesus is the Son of God, why is Muhammad not the son of allahh because he followed allahh's teaching? Confused!!!

Can you please tell me the reason why Luke and Mattew refer to Joseph as his father in the genealogy in both book?

This is an evidence that you have lost track on your argument. What is this genealogy you are shouting about?

Matthew 1:16: And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of[/b]whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Who does not know Joseph was the husband of Mary. Mary of whom was born Jesus called Christ. Jesus was born of Mary and not of Joseph as you can read for yourself. The statement is not "Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, [b]for
whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ" Is it said here that Joseph is the father of Jesus? This is the way you misinterpret the bible and you think you are making sense.

New International Version:

and Jacob the father of
Joseph, the husband of Mary,
and Mary was the mother of
Jesus who is called the
Messiah.

New Living Translation:

Jacob was the father of
Joseph, the husband of Mary.
Mary gave birth to Jesus, who
is called the Messiah.

My friend, leave the stage, you have lost your track.

Ofcourse the Quran acknowledge that. My question is, why did luke and mattew refer to Joseph as his father?

Trashed!!!

yawns*** my chatbox is getting full.

No, not your chatbox iis getting full, it your brain.

Well, you can correct your masters here http://www.gotquestions.org/kingdom-heaven-God.html the dude said they are the same thing. Your lie has been bursted again.

Lying at old age...Smh

How does my explanation on this is a lie?

The writer of the link says some people believe the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are not the same. Doesn't that tell you is a matter of divergent opinions? This confirms your brain is truly full.

I asked pertinent questions, you boycotted almost everything, Smh. OMG! at bolded. Then of what essence am I even argueing with you? Damn! you are a waste of time.

None of your questions remain unanswered, you are just trying to grasp the air. Smh!!!

Bla bla bla. Those with active sight and brain can see that you have been answered. You can continue ranting.

Every reasonable person would have discovered you are hiding behind a finger as nowhere you could point to in the quran that allahh stated the reason the Jews wanted to kill Jesus. The omission was deliberate to deceive, otherwise there would have been no islam today.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Trying to digress, isn't it?

BS.

Address my questions.
Jesus was the legal son of Joseph but not the
biological son of Joseph.
According to Matthew: Joseph is
descended from Solomon, the son of King David and Bathseba this make Jesus eligible to the throne of David /judah.
Why luke trace it ,Joseph Os descended of Nathan, another son of David

the Jews never introduce women as direct genealogical links,
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by mbolajide2010: 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:

What is the relevance of your question?

The Jews killed Jesus because he called himself the Son of God according to the bible account. Muslims say it was not Jesus that was killed but someone else in his stead. Then my question is: why are muslims not telling us the reason they made an attempt on Jesus life rather than insisting he was not killed and that allah rescued him?
[color=#006600][/color]

Don't be confused bro.

They tried to kill Jesus because they did not believe in him that is the islamic version of the whole thing; even till today they do not believe in Jesus. The Jews refer to those who believe or say Jesus is God as fools a little Google search would help you on this.

According to the bible you are a son of God if you follow the words of God; but john 3:16 was twisted, hence the addition of "begotten" to show that Jesus is the real son while others are fake sons.

Can you explain Trinity please? Mind you i dont want to hear that if the holy spirit does not reside in you, then you can not understand it.

How can Jesus be God at the same time the son of God? How can God died in the first place? How can God be looking at those who killed his son till they killed him according to the bible?

Bro modern Christianity is so confused!

Thank you.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 10:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
Jesus was the legal son of Joseph but not the
biological son of Joseph.
According to Matthew: Joseph is
descended from Solomon, the son of King David and Bathseba this make Jesus eligible to the throne of David /judah.
Why luke trace it ,Joseph Os descended of Nathan, another son of David

the Jews never introduce women as direct genealogical links,

Yes
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
truthman2012:

Yes
the boy is soo deluded, he do not have anything to say concerning the question raised by the op, hence the derailment.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
mbolajide2010:
[color=#006600][/color]

Don't be confused bro.

They tried to kill Jesus because they did not believe in him that is the islamic version of the whole thing; even till today they do not believe in Jesus. The Jews refer to those who believe or say Jesus is God as fools a little Google search would help you on this.

According to the bible you are a son of God if you follow the words of God; but john 3:16 was twisted, hence the addition of "begotten" to show that Jesus is the real son while others are fake sons.

Can you explain Trinity please? Mind you i dont want to hear that if the holy spirit does not reside in you, then you can not understand it.

How can Jesus be God at the same time the son of God? How can God died in the first place? How can God be looking at those who killed his son till they killed him according to the bible?

Bro modern Christianity is so confused!

Thank you.
nonsense, the Jews even boast in calling him the messiah in the quran before an attempt was made in his life. According to the quran, the Jews believe in Him as the messiah.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by mbolajide2010: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
@truthman2012

Please why are you dodging my questions? I thought you were very smart by creating such a thread, but i am now thinking otherwise.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by mbolajide2010: 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
nonsense, the Jews even boast in calling him the messiah in the quran before an attempt was made in his life. According to the quran, the Jews believe in Him as the messiah.
[color=#006600][/color]

Oga act like a civilized person by stating the verse in the quran. Again, act like a smart person by attacking those questions too.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ruling On Aborting A Pregnancy In The Early Stages In Islam / Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance / The World Of Jinn -I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.