Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. (104380 Views)

Senate Slashes Number Of TV Stations Covering Plenaries / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / Watch The Video In Which TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by MUSA1980: 2:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Guys, don't forget that, even jonathan who has a phd, his english is flawed.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by skyfullofstars(f): 2:25am On Jul 16, 2015
Legit:
Nonsense, bcus English is an official language does mean is our father's tongue. We love all there foreign import more than ours. Same with our religion. Maybe we should make english our second language as a matter of pride, we can choose to speak wrongly if that happen, proper speaking queens language is not a sign of intelligence, just look at the richest people of the world. Stay with your oppressors language, but don't insult ppl bcus they didnt speak you master's language well.

I completely agree, English is our second tongue, therefore we're not obliged (or rather, we shouldn't be) to speak it perfectly well. This is Nigeria, in the African continent, not England! I understand that our country has adopted English as the official language, but the language IS NOT OURS.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by kehzofficial: 2:29am On Jul 16, 2015
ice25:
my own is that his mouth keep shifting to the right when he talks and it distracts me

lwkmd4h

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Fredzy7(m): 2:43am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter to interpret his spoken English language.

Why do you have to make a big deal this is not interpretation it is subtitle, if you watch American or English movies you will see this subtitles, so do you think they don't know how to speak English or do I need to remind you that they own the language but the subtitles are for those who can't hear English but find it easier to read, if you hate this guy you will hate the next and so on, where is the progress in that
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by AreaFada2: 2:52am On Jul 16, 2015
I think it's a good thing. I sat a few feet from GMB in 1984 when he was making a speech. At about age 40, his speech/accent was already hard to understand.
It's even more difficult now understanding his elderly voice.

He was the smartest looking soldier I ever saw though. I wanted to join the Air Force via DSS later but dad opposed it.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by InvertedHammer: 3:22am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter to interpret his spoken English language.

/
You are a clear proof that educational system in Nigeria has gone to the dogs. As enlightened as you claim, you have no freaking idea what closed caption means.

Nigerian graduates sure are unemployable.

SMH

Below is a closed captioned Pres. Obama's speech:

\

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Borderless: 3:27am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.
PDP followers just be hating on buhari anyhow.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

Keep being sentimental. The truth will always remain the truth no matter how hard one tries to colour it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cut007: 3:28am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:

Whether you like it or not he's the President, with all your grammar who e help?
children of slavery, disciples of propaganda

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 16, 2015
There's no big deal there. It's due to poor audio quality of the clip.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 16, 2015
Buhari is a very articulate English speaker. His accent is different just like an ibadan accent or Igbo accent or Ibibio accent but the TV station had poor audio quality.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Donjowebs(m): 3:38am On Jul 16, 2015
For all those wailers wailing us tears, please try listen to Jamie Carragher the former Liverpool FC player and tell me if you would hear zilch of what he says. His interviews also had to be "interpreted" or let me put it better "subtitled" for American 'Pool fans cos they couldn't hear/understand what he was saying because of his Scouse accent. Na Baba own pain una....

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 16, 2015
isacolukay:

Bae, u just forget me!

You know that's not possible
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by adconline(m): 3:39am On Jul 16, 2015
Ui
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
Stupidity inked in ur DNA! You are geographically and intellectually hollow to infer that English is the official language in Russia or N.Korea.
English is the official language in Nigeria and we can't hold PMB lower to grand mama's standard!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Emyogalanya: 3:41am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:

Phockery leave our President alone, let him move the country forward, English is not his mother's tongue.
as if english mama peace language did u care to shout leave heer alone hypo go wipe ur mouth o
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 16, 2015
kodded:
that is a #BlindFollower for you

I am a follower of GEJ not buhari , you are the blind follower here
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Emyogalanya:
as if english mama peace language did u care to shout leave heer alone hypo go wipe ur mouth o

Go and sleep! what are you saying? I'm a supporter of GEJ but not a blind one like you. Go and use urine and wash your mouth .
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 3:48am On Jul 16, 2015
Donjowebs:
For all those wailers wailing us tears, please try listen to Jamie Carragher the former Liverpool FC player and tell me if you would hear zilch of what he says. His interviews also had to be "interpreted" or let me put it better "subtitled" for American 'Pool fans cos they couldn't hear/understand what he was saying because of his Scouse accent. Na Baba own pain una....

No mind the fools
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 16, 2015
cut007:
children of slavery, disciples of propaganda

Ewu, must you quote me to type that rubbish? He is your leader whether you like it or not .
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Emyogalanya: 3:57am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:

Go and sleep! what are you saying? I'm a supporter of GEJ but not a blind one like you. Go and use urine and wash your mouth .
ha oya wake up from sleep who mention gej me op or you and wat has gej to do with d thread or my post or even urs cure ir sickness its called gejphobia
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by samsondotu: 3:57am On Jul 16, 2015
This will be my comment on mairaland for years...most time I read thru comment ,I alway felt bad like pple commenting were not literate .....I didn't see anything wrong with this man English neither accent...but think the man is far intelligent cos he just talk in parables for whoever can decode shld do.....and I think that s what the TV stations just did....so leave sentiment apart and I know non of this commenters were neither family of Jonathan neither bihari...thk u
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by emmykk(m): 3:58am On Jul 16, 2015
A7:
Would this bring Jonathan back?

Demented wailing wailers.
did obj came back,did buhari came back,mind what you say for destiny have a way of acting.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by light004: 4:01am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

Can you hear yourself. You are comparing a president of an English speaking country with ones that aren't. See what lack of proper education has done to this country. We have educated illiterate and created blind followers that have lost their ability to reason on their own.
Yes our president has an accent challenge that is a bit of problem because he is expected to communicate in English not his native dialect. That's d fact that can't be wished away by 10million of you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 16, 2015
Emyogalanya:
ha oya wake up from sleep who mention gej me op or you and wat has gej to do with d thread or my post or even urs cure ir sickness its called gejphobia

Sleep still dey your eye, I no understand you
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by M4gunners: 4:02am On Jul 16, 2015
jieta:
If we nigerians cant understand buhari english, i pity obama
Obama is in trouble for sure. Na Tunde Bakare go do the interpretation for Obama.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by M4gunners: 4:03am On Jul 16, 2015
And they were laughing at Mama P.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by wealthpreach(m): 4:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.j
#sai_buhari...
mind u russians ianguage is nt english so as nkorea. So u bringing them into picture is like blaming a Nigerian for not Speaking french well. Think before writing.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Emyogalanya: 4:11am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:

Sleep still dey your eye, I no understand you
obviously since u dont understand ur president i think i will be asking too much from u by asking u to undestand my written english
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ransomed: 4:14am On Jul 16, 2015
Those that spoke good English during their tenure used clean English to "clean" our treasury. Their minister came with Havard degree and "hazard" the economy to a comatose. If Baba's accent or his brand of English will make things better for all, then i say ride on. Haters are wailers....

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by tevinsolt: 4:14am On Jul 16, 2015
All these idiots making jest, leave the shores of Nigeria for an English speaking Country, see if you won't be rubbished, thinking you're better off. Pot calling kettle black.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 16, 2015
Emyogalanya:
obviously since u dont understand ur president i think i will be asking too much from u by asking u to undestand my written english

I understand him very well......Igbo boy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Daura For Niger Republic (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.