Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. (104376 Views)

Senate Slashes Number Of TV Stations Covering Plenaries / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / Watch The Video In Which TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cut007: 4:17am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:

Ewu, must you quote me to type that rubbish? He is your leader whether you like it or not .
u see, dat is what differentiates us from cowards like u. Whilst u r comfortable slaving away to a man dat should ordinarily be under u, we on d other hand believe and are striving for equality, freedom, justice, meritocracy no matter wat it takes, knowing fully well dat freedom is the only true measure of success. In a sane country, dat ur senile dullard leader would probably be just a shoe maker or a 'duo-duo' tailor. I know my postulations might be beyond u, take it as my contribution to humanity. Hypocrisy never pays!! I pity d ofe-mmanus in d long run.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by babakess: 4:19am On Jul 16, 2015
Buhari is changing the face of Nigeria...and many of you are scrutinising his English....mtcheeeeewwwwww
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by malikisah: 4:20am On Jul 16, 2015
Interesting, idiots consider bad accent as a national embarrassment but consider stealing and corruption as something to be proud of!

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by adamshuaib(m): 4:21am On Jul 16, 2015
Its called subtitle bro, Haba!!
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by bellras(m): 4:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Whoever posted this need to find a good wok to do because it is obvious that you a jobless brat.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 16, 2015
cut007:
u see, dat is what differentiates us from cowards like u. Whilst u r comfortable slaving away to a man dat should ordinarily be under u, we on d other hand believe and are striving for equality, freedom, justice, meritocracy no matter wat it takes, knowing fully well dat freedom is the only true measure of success. In a sane country, dat ur senile dullard leader would probably be just a shoe maker or a 'duo-duo' tailor. I know my postulations might be beyond u, take it as my contribution to humanity. Hypocrisy never pays!! I pity d ofe-mmanus in d long run.

By your comment I know your tribe, always pained and looking for who to blame. I'm not a slave you brainwashed biafrian
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by strongerthaneva(m): 4:27am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.
PDP followers just be hating on buhari anyhow.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
thanks so much una true and benevolent person God bless u so much..they will hate him and they will all suffer the wrath of Heavenly Allah..PDP are fool of bigotry and envious soul.they shall continue to fall till dey dig oil on concrete floor..
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by wealthpreach(m): 4:29am On Jul 16, 2015
Legit:
Nonsense, bcus English is an official language does mean is our father's tongue. We love all there foreign import more than ours. Same with our religion. Maybe we should make english our second language as a matter of pride, we can choose to speak wrongly if that happen, proper speaking queens language is not a sign of intelligence, just look at the richest people of the world. Stay with your oppressors language, but don't insult ppl bcus they didnt speak you master's language well.
Also fall back to native/wrapper wears, keep wearing native wares. Denounce all sorts of enlightenment that came with the english men.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by wealthpreach(m): 4:30am On Jul 16, 2015
strongerthaneva:
thanks so much una true and benevolent person God bless u so much..they will hate him and they will all suffer the wrath of Heavenly Allah..PDP are fool of bigotry and envious soul.they shall continue to fall till dey dig oil on concrete floor..

Mumu ! Is english russia and koreans lingua franca?
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 4:32am On Jul 16, 2015
ziky2010:
worst accent I have ever heard from a very important personality
angry grin[size=8pt][/size]
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Sirlancelot(m): 4:34am On Jul 16, 2015
No wonder PMB no wan do debate then,it could have been a disaster then because his accent would betray hm.

3 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by anigbajumo(m): 4:36am On Jul 16, 2015
christinie:
And some APC mugus were busy dissing Mummy Peace.

u dnt knw diff btween poor accent nd bad english....

As pwetiee as you ar,
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by guntranno(f): 4:37am On Jul 16, 2015
cut007:

ID10T!!!

Pity your clan!!!

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by newspostng(m): 4:37am On Jul 16, 2015
lol

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by fejicruz(m): 4:40am On Jul 16, 2015
A Russian, Italian, French or German would speak English with their accent and we don't see any problems with that. But when a Yoruba man pronounces "egg" with his Yoruba accent as "hegg" or when an Hausa man says "f" instead of 'p', we all laugh.
This is Nigerians discriminating against Nigerians.
Ride on Baba. Who English don help?
Let the wailers keep wailing.
Sai Baba
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cut007: 4:41am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:

By your comment I know your tribe, always pained and looking for who to blame. I'm not a slave you brainwashed biafrian
and u think i didnt also know ur tribe from ur comments? Gosh! how spineless can u guys be? U dont even have the guts to proudly identify wit ur tribe?? I pity ur lot.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by izzieman: 4:43am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter to interpret his spoken English language.

A good chunk of the guys writing here and criticizing the President went to school with English as the Primary language of instruction and cannot understand half of what the British Prime Minister or Obama say when they speak.

Most Americans and British find it difficult understanding our Nigerian accent. The caption is there for a reason, you do not want anyone missing what the speaker is saying and there is no shame in that. It is our "I too know" attitude. Get over it, We all have accents.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cut007: 4:47am On Jul 16, 2015
guntranno:

ID10T!!!

Pity your clan!!!
looooool! Wat do i say to this one?.......... Ok, u've been noticed, bounce.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Emyogalanya: 4:48am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:

I understand him very well......Igbo boy
and yet u claim not to know diff btwn peg and gej whom u suport with open eyes yoruba man
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cut007: 4:51am On Jul 16, 2015
babakess:
Buhari is changing the face of Nigeria...and many of you are scrutinising his English....mtcheeeeewwwwww
LWKM4H!!!! Changing d face of nigeria indeed! Loooool! These people!
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by shamsuRana(m): 4:52am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter to interpret his spoken English language.

Biggest mumu ever.am sure u cannot do any better.English was never any African language. Besides the man is better than ur entire generation in all facet and is currently ruling dungs like ye!
Haters always die slow and in great pain.
Abdicate..
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Pidggin(f): 4:54am On Jul 16, 2015
He needs to work on his accent asap. This is the first time I have seen a translarion done by an indigenous TV station when our own president is addressing us. This is what happens when the North refuse to accept the fact that English and not Hausa is the official language in this country.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by REDDEVILS1(m): 4:57am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Do you see when Obama, Holland, Cameron speaks?
do u see wen Vladimir Putin talks. Biko is English ur mother tongue.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by wascosambe(m): 5:01am On Jul 16, 2015
sai buhari....sai change !!
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 16, 2015
ziky2010:
He has one of the best accent of his language and if you are keenly interested in having an English man as your president, why not transverse the Atlantic Ocean or Mediterranean sea to England? Unfortunately for you, you have been blind-folded from seeing the good thing about your language instead you were trained to lick the butts of the Europeans. The English guys propagated their language beyond the borders of England, why not emulate their feat instead of imitating them. The world need innovative ideas and not a hackneyed repetition of the same language. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by REDDEVILS1(m): 5:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Most of the people complaining, am sure una subtitle button on ur dvd remote don chop finish cos of ova use. By the GEJ with his PhD and long speeches, Hw did he change ur life as president. Ndi Ara! Sai Buhari carry go joor.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by afyjam: 5:03am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

My brother, this is not a laughing matter o o.
I dey vex, what a shame.
if u dey vex so you dont the nxt thing? Una no get transformal for una area ni, bunch of enemy of progress.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by blazingkid21(m): 5:04am On Jul 16, 2015
they no translate oh,dey correct d guy english,I wonder d way he will speak during meeting with other President they no translate oh,dey correct d guy english,I wonder d way he will speak during meeting with other President
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by strongerthaneva(m): 5:04am On Jul 16, 2015
wealthpreach:

Mumu ! Is english russia and koreans lingua franca?
ode mumu Aburo baba suwe..Do u know if it was an Hausa language he is addressing with their?This they are showing is pure lie nothing but a lie..He speaks with the to the world without translation why to nigerians?u no get sense idiot fellow..
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cut007: 5:06am On Jul 16, 2015
anigbajumo:

u dnt knw diff btween poor accent nd bad english....

As pwetiee as you ar,
the immediate past first lady of Nigeria is by far, ahead of dullard.inho in both spoken english and accent. The aim of talking in d first place is to communicate. Mama peace drives home her points anyday, anytime. As for dat dullard, he can as well just quit talking.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by darkman200: 5:07am On Jul 16, 2015
Fake country, fake people. Instead of focusing on the substance, they are ranting about English accent, like that will affect the price of garri. rubbish!

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by aibee01(m): 5:08am On Jul 16, 2015
ziky2010:
that means you are deaf to mama p speeches...?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Daura For Niger Republic (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.