Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,162 members, 7,852,963 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

24en's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 24en's Profile / 24en's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
Fortsucc: Please forumite, I am confused about something, the yellow envelop that was given to us along with our passport,the white sheet that was attached to it that contained some information was collected from us by the immigration officer at the poe. My question now is our we not going to use the information on the sheet for our gc registration? Please advise us,thanks.

Hello u shall hand it together with the envelope at the port of entry to immigration so take good care of it and the envelope.it it got missing u are finished.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fortsucc: Please i want to make confirmation, i want to buy a phone should i come and buy it over there or i shld buy it here before coming down,pls which one is preferrable? Cos someone said is cheaper there,Thanks.

It is far preferable for u to buy ur phone there, phone here is very expensive, only thing is that buy a compatible phone, u will need just to buy only a simcard here and it will ease u.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
jidex001:

Oh Lanham.. That were I processed my SSN. They are Very fast there.

yes , i did my own SSN there and was delivered in three working days
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 1:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Gbabe 2:

please look for CMT/CNA jobs.
U can always find such jobs easily here in maryland

Thanks so much dear.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 1:52am On Oct 16, 2013
jidex001:

Where in maryland do u stay? I stay in maryland, east baltimore.

i live at Lanham Princess Garden parkway.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 3:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Leripa:

@adesojiaderemi:
Baba, thanks very much. You've been so helpful.

Hello house i greet u all thanks for all the advices and supports given so far.Is there anyone that can help with job search on computer technician or any job training center or recruitment companies pls help i live in Maryland job search is not quite easy, i am prepare to do any offer, security jobs anything.Thanks.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 1:31am On Oct 09, 2013
Gbabe 2:

A piece of advice for new immigrants.
We are 9 months old here in United States of America and i can tell you guys that God has been very good to us.
Dont ever you loose your focus.Here in United States,you can start small and become exceptionally great within a twinkle of an eye without robbing people.
Be very mindful of your confession.Even in difficult times learn to say positive things to yourself.
Be mindful of people you discuss your plans with.Here in US,there are a lot of dream killers.They aint going anywhere and will do all within their powers to discourage people.
As for me and family this land will favor us IJN.
After 7 months of desperately looking for jobs,over 40 different interviews i just got a lucrative job (Audit Job).
I will be based here in Baltimore,MD but i will travel to 4 different continents for my assignments.

New immigrants,your story can be different,please don't loose hope.I started as a Residential Program Technician (Direct Care) with Chimes Inc but now levels don change finally by Gods grace.
Be hopeful and add value to yourself.God will see us through,

Cheers

Hello thanks very much for ur post it just added more relief and smiles on our faces knowing all will be fine, i have seen that truly one has to focus very well, looking for a job is not really quite easy.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 3:54am On Oct 08, 2013
sendtodeji:

Anything that has IT in it is lucrative. It all depends on how much time you have to give to learning a marketable skill. Anything is achievable. If you search some of my posts, you will see some recommendations that I've made. You can PM me for more information.

Hello thanks for ur post, pls i live in Maryland i wish to know where i can take a training on IT can someone help me out,also can i go get my US ID with my SSN and passport.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
femishow2005:

@Uncle Soj and 24en.. But during the interview the CO usually advise one should try to pay before leaving.what could be their reasons for such advice??

yes the co is right but if the credit card u are using there and ATM is not going through u can come and do it here, but i believe ur host can help u pay it here in state that will be very nice before u coming , because u can only pay it online.it is actually good to pay it while being at home but if u cannot ,u can come and do it here, there is no problem with that ,i do mind here dear, but however that will only be if u cannot pay it at home.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fortsucc: @adesojiaderemi,Good morning and thanks for the reply. Please it will take up to how many month for someone to stay before getting a job? How much should the family of two hold as pocket money?thanks.

All that depends on the time u got ur SSN, and how smart u are to search for jobs, also if ur host is a cooperating one, i think he or she will help u do many things like directing u on how to get alone , here u will required some training before u can get a job but it also still depends on how lucky u are because u might stil get a job without any training.for money hold as much as possible but it should not exceed $10,000 because will declare .must job here needs a driver's license and a car but the license it must important if u can get a driving license before coming here it will ease u very much to obtain a driver's license here because u just need to do the computer test and after that u go for driving test and have ur license which will help u get a good job.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 1:25am On Oct 02, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

I will advice you come over here and do it, even if you do it back home, you have to get here before the processing begins.

it ok if u can come and do it here i did mind here but if u can do it that way it fine also but the truth about it is that progressing will start only after u have arrived here in US.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 1:12am On Sep 25, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: I think it all depends on you but if you don't start now you will wait till next year.

the issue at hand is that it seems i will need some money before i can go about, even though i really wanted it now .
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: you have to go to any social security office nearest to you to register for your ssn that will make it faster. I have not receive my GC but there's an information on my visa about that so you don't have to worry about that. For the financial aid you will not have it if you show any certificate higher than waec u will only get a loan which you must pay back. I am in North Carolina and I was advised to go to a community college because its cheaper and their courses are short term. I want to go for a two year nursing program.

thanks very much for the reply i shall go the office and registered for my ssn, i was also advices of that community college also i want to study IT.i was thinking as soon as i got my ssn i will look for a job before i start to on which college to attend.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

congratulations on the new arrival.

congratulations.
Travel / Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by 24en: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: No, am only 2 weeks old in Us and I have applied 2 a school , financial aid for my education, submitted my waec result because I have 2 be a secondary school holder 4 me to qualify 4 the financial aid , so I didn't show my degree result. Maybe this week I will take the accuplace test 4 them to know where to place me. I am not working yet, so I also applied 4 food stamp and medical insurance to show how I intend to survive for the time being.

hello i am very grateful for ur post , i have been member of this house for long, i am now in US i am exactly two weeks today and i have not received my SSN and GC also i had to come and pat the usics fee but here, i live at maryland with my Anty i am an IT technician i wish to know on how to go about getting a job, i heard i need to attain some training and got some certificate, pls can someone help me how to go about this training centers., also pls i want to enroll to school how can i go about the aid and financial assistance.thanks.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 1:32am On Sep 11, 2013
YessWeeCan: Roodymania..... baba God noni.. champagne tins home n abroad gbabe...

just landed in start thanks so much house for ur supports.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
Freshie:

Have you checked wakanow.com. You may check this link to get an idea of how much flights cost from Lagos to Boston for two: http://www.wakanow.com/ng/flights/listing.aspx?searchId=pdur0ktz4zobcke2opvge12j686318313.

Also visit http://qatarairways.com/, http://flyemirates.com/ for more prices. The Arab airlines seem to be cheaper than most others.

Cheers

Hello house just want to thank everyone in the house for thier support sorry for this late interview expirence
interview at the US Embassy in Yaounde Cameroon.

co ; good morning

me ; good morning

co: u have a person in the US by the name ,,,,,,

me; yes

co : do u wish to maintain the address

me: yes

co; can i have ur documents

me; gave her

co,; are you married

me; no

co; do u have any children

me: no no

co ; smiles

co ;can i have ur finger print

me : do finger print

co ;go and sitdown

after some munite my number bip on counter 6

here comes this beautyful black American for co

co ; how many children

me: no one

co where do u intend to live UD

me; bla bla
co ; what do u intend to do in US

Me; further my studies in computer engineering

co ; congratulations u are welcome to the US

CO ; can u plese singn this form

me ; sign

That was all on the 7 of August after two reschedulement,visa has been pick up thanks for ur supports.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
Freshie:

Have you checked wakanow.com. You may check this link to get an idea of how much flights cost from Lagos to Boston for two: http://www.wakanow.com/ng/flights/listing.aspx?searchId=pdur0ktz4zobcke2opvge12j686318313.

Also visit http://qatarairways.com/, http://flyemirates.com/ for more prices. The Arab airlines seem to be cheaper than most others.

Cheers

Hello house just want to thank everyone in the house for thier support sorry for this late interview expirence
interview at the US Embassy in Yaounde Cameroon.

co ; good morning

me ; good morning

co: u have a person in the US by the name ,,,,,,

me; yes

co : do u wish to maintain the address

me: yes

co; can i have ur documents

me; gave her

co,; are you married

me; no

co; do u have any children

me: no no

co ; smiles

co ;can i have ur finger print

me : do finger print

co ;go and sitdown

after some munite my number bip on counter 6

here comes this beautyful black American for co

co ; how many children

me: no one

co where do u intend to live UD

me; bla bla
co ; what do u intend to do in US

Me; further my studies in computer engineering

co ; congratulations u are welcome to the US

CO ; can u plese singn this form

me ; sign

That was all on the 7 of August after two reschedulement,visa has been pick up thanks for ur supports.

1 Like

Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
lonpy lonpa: This message goes to 24en and all those who had their visas approved on the 7th of august. I knew you guys would make it. All the glory be to God. Amen!

Thanks very much everything is God .may his name be Praise.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
[quote author=Favourablegirl]

Hi 24en it was good but have to go back to hand our medicals, our medicals were not available, I cannot make u out that why I could not talk to u. I was interview at window 5 by that white lady
[/qu]

ok but all will be fine that means they gave you different date to come with the medicals, i think i saw u, u had a small boy and a big daughter ur husband was wearing a coat. i really wanted to talk to u because u have first describe ur self , but u people were interview first, if i think so from what u said u were interview at counter 5.i with house will continuous praying for ur family.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2013
John Morgan: Congrats

hello house visa approve i thank the entire house for ur wander full supports being advice and prayers, interview experience is loading soon, favorable girl how about u and ur entire family.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
lonpy lonpa:

Hello 24en what is happening is unusual but i will tell u dat come august 7th, ur interview will not be prospone again but instead your visa will be approved in Jesus' name. the 7th is next week so just be calm and prayerful ok
God bless you my brother all shall be well.

Thanks very much , a Big Amen to come August 7 for the approval of my visa in Jesus Name.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
24en:

hello my interview was resshudule after i have done medicals it one month do it need to do it again. when going for interview.pls i need ugent reply .

hello house pls pray for us, interview at the US Embassy in Cameroon was still prosponded for 7 August due to no connections .
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
tycoon77:

Bro u are still on the rite track, just go on 2morow 4 ur medical n police character! If u are ask of ur medical u can tell them that u get your interview date late. That u gone 4 ur medical on Saturday, that the result wit be out by Tuesday.. 4 ur police report, u will get it immediately.. But mak sure order document are intact.. As my brother said pls don't reschedule ur interview date oooo... GOD is with u bro...

hello my interview was resshudule after i have done medicals it one month do it need to do it again. when going for interview.pls i need ugent reply .
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Favourablegirl:

Amen and Thanks dear I know God is with us as we go

The Lord has already here our prayers from, the house right up to our personal prayers so we just need to go get it,come Saturday .
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
lorddom: 24en go get your visa boy.i assure you there s nothing to panick abt ok it will more more easier than you think.mon dieu et grand il a baucoup the supris pour toi.

Amen, Thanks very much
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
tycoon77:

Ur prayer as bin ans bro... Jst go on an collect ur visa...

Amen, Thanks very much
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2013
Favourablegirl:

It all depend when you did you interview, it being counted from the day you were placed on AP. If ur visa had finaly come out after Ap, considering the date u where put on Ap. Be bless

A week to go for interview i pray for those that have had their visa approved and for us still waiting to have our interviews i pray the house should pray for us.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
Favourablegirl:
Thanks dear, i think if she says it not important it for all. Because I have not requested one from my host and because we have savings and assets. Together in prayers

hello Favorablegirl i was thinking to write the Embassy and confirm that 3rd of August or do u think it not necessary because it was written on others form(2nl) and for the line that i was on the lady just took the 2nl reschedule it and said 3rd of August, or were it written on ur own.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
Favourablegirl:
Congrates my Brother, 24en were pospone for the 3 aug, We thank God for it. I wish to know do yaounde embassy ask Affidevit of support. I have a family of 5. ur answer will help me.

no they are not asking the need only the address of your host where u will stay, u just need to write it on a sheet of paper when ask u the give it.

1 Like

Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
lorddom: dont worry brother all is well the truth is your tense but if all your ducument are clear you will be issued without stress there are no complications in cameroon.the day of my interview i was number22 and i didnt see any dv lottery winner being denied a visa even those fancophones.every thing wil be fine ok trust me and keep in touch.

Thanks for the courage dear one, all my documents are clear it is just the tense but with people like u who gives courage and meaning for other people life , i belief all shall come to pass in good faith before we actually know it in Jesus name.
Travel / Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
lonpy lonpa: For 24en and all of you guys whose interview has been reschudled i tell you that all of you will have your visas approved come august 03rd. The Almighty God we serve knows exactly why that had to happen and all He is asking of you is to exercise a little bite of patience and everything will be ok I promise you dat. I can tell you one simple fact that is all the COs at the embassy are good COs so long as you speak the truth and nothing but the truth. I can bear with u guys that being patient is not easy but please you guys should just take it that way and wait u will realise that time will fly as quicklyas possible. We should always give thanks to God no matter the situation we find ourselves in he will always make a way out of it. GOODLUCK ONCE MORE TO YOU GUYS AS YOU GO AND GRAP YOUR VISAS. Amen//

Thanks, we only have to be patient for sure , i wish u the best of time, i am grateful for the courage.

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.