Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,956 members, 7,848,882 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

24hrUplift's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 24hrUplift's Profile / 24hrUplift's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

Nairaland / General / Are You Tired Of 2020 Already? by 24hrUplift: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
HOW CAN YOU GET THE BEST OUT OF THE REMAINING MONTHS AHEAD IN THIS YEAR 2020?
Do you feel out-of-order from the plans you had, earlier this year? or You are somehow confused, scared and worried about what these few months may bring? Well, I have something for...
Continue reading.https://2no.co/2vurd6

Nairaland / General / How To Make A Permanent Change In Your Life by 24hrUplift: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2020

Have you ever try to make a change once in your life before? What was the change all about? Does it involve being an early riser? or Trying to cut down some calories and weight?

How far did it go? Were you able to make it past the initial (first 15 days)?

Well, however your answer is, I guess you need a commendation for trying for a change!

You may often get stuck in cycles of temporarily upgrading some part of your life, only to watch that area decline when you stop giving it as much attention. People especially do this with their finances and their health.

When the pressure to take action is strong enough, they’ll make some improvements, but once the immediacy subsides, they return to old habits –and the old results.

Partly, this is a framing issue…
If you really want to upgrade a certain area of your life and have the upgrade stick, it helps to frame your efforts as creating permanent changes.

Adopt the mindset that you can never go back to the old way of doing things. Do your best to mentally and emotionally accept that the old path must permanently end, and you can never return to.. Continue reading... https://2no.co/2xQKj6

Food / Stay Away From These Food If Losing Weight-fast Is Your Goal by 24hrUplift: 9:38am On Jul 16, 2020
Please Stay Away from these Food if Losing Weight-Fast is Your Goal

Are you fat? Do you know someone whom you feel should cut down on some calories? What if you often receives mockery from friends due to the size of your belly?

If you answered yes to the above questions, then wait a minute... Have you seek any remedy before? What if I tell you now that the answer you have been looking for, IS ALL AROUND YOU!

Do you know that Slimming is a balance between reducing/burning calories and exercising?

There are foods out there that sabotage the two initial goals. And if you want to eliminate weight quickly, I’ve compiled a record of the 11 worst foods you need to stay away from to get rid of the weight quickly.

You will be surprised at number 9 Don’t Miss it

Losing all this weight reduction is a healthy goal, and starting by cutting these 11 foods will allow you to be healthier in the long run.

1- Ice cream

That seems pretty clear. Ice cream is filled with fat and sugar. The more good things there are in ice cream, the higher the number of calories. Saturated fats are also high. The ice cream is next to the pizza as an anti-diet meal.

But since you take a look at giving up virtually everything you love, here’s a treat.

Rice milk, sorbets, and low-fat milk ice cream are slightly better for you. They have a lot of sugar, and therefore don’t overdo it.

2- Ban pizza

Pizza provides many of the vital food groups. Unfortunately, they fall on the unhealthy side of food collection.

In the soil-crust of white bread (glucose). Sauce (sugar). Pepperoni (fats, trans fats, salt, and nitrates — none of them is conducive to fat loss!) Cheese (Fat. Lots of fat.) Great things – the vegetables that a lot of people pick up.

In all, pizza is not a diet. If you want to lose weight quickly, don’t eat pizza.

3- Forget the fruit juice

Fruit juice results in weight gain. Don’t drink it to lose weight. A lot of berry juice is very heavily processed with lots of extra sugar. Since the fluid does not contain fiber, your own body will not feel full.

Fruit juice can also be pasteurized, killing both poor bacteria, but also harmful to all the high nutrients in the original fruit.

Eating a piece of fruit provides you with both chewing and fiber so that you will feel fuller more. Forget the juice, eat the fruit.

4- Salt and bloating

Salt is essential that you keep your body function properly. The problem becomes an excessive amount of salt.

If you eat processed foods, chips, and fries, as well as other salt-rich meals, your own body clings to water, so it can dilute the amount of salt in the human body and maintain appropriate amounts of salt.

https://selfdevot./2020/04/11/simple-weight-loss-tips-anyone-can-try/

To lose weight quickly, reduce salt. You will lose all the weight of water. Many Americans get loads of salt in their diet, so cutting down on salt won’t hurt you.

5- More blond coffees

Each of the caffeine in coffee can help burn calories. If you include sugar, aromas, and creamy, you will offset any benefit in caffeine. Since we talked about sugar and artificial sweeteners, let’s look at the cream.

Cream and milk contain a lot of fat to help infant walkers become big cows. Fat is happy to help you grow, as well. Non-dairy cream is made from trans fats. So be watchful.

6- Give up alcohol

Do you know why guys (and girls) who consume a lot of beer tend to sport a beer belly? Tip – it’s beer. There are a lot of calories in the beer. Most beers average between 61 and 100 calories each serving.

To go back to our measurement analogy, you’re going to need to walk about half a mile for a beer... If you are trying to lose weight quickly, then cut the beer and go easy on different alcohols.

7- Ban bread

White bread is terrible for your waistline. Eating two pieces of white bread a day is associated with a 40% higher risk of gaining weight.

To eliminate the weight, skip anything with white flour in it! That is white bread, cake, pastries, and breaded items.

White bread has a high glycemic index. It is also generally high in sugar.

Try eating whole grain bread for faster weight loss. But don’t eat a lot of food, it doesn’t matter!

8- Skip the Chips

Everything fried, no matter what oil you use, is trying on size. And poultry. With tater tots. And bacon.

With many of these foods, it’s simple to overeat at the end, who can stop at just one chip? You want oils, like omega-3s. Get those to eat fish like salmon. Just don’t try it first!

9- Artificial sweeteners

Do not replace sugar with artificial sweeteners. These fool your body into thinking it’s going to find something sweet. When your body doesn’t get the expected calories, it’s the method of regulation becomes confusing. Your body needs its guaranteed calories and will make you want to make sure it gets them!

https://selfdevot./2020/01/04/7-to-dos-for-a-strong-work-ethic/

In reality, there is a lot of evidence that eating artificial sweeteners does gain weight.

It’s hard to skip candy things, but you want to get rid of the weight quickly.

10- Say No to Processed Foods

Sugar hides in processed foods. You can go to this healthy salad. However, your dressing is probably saturated with sugar. Just like ketchup, barbecue sauce, and even mustard.

Open your cupboards and randomly choose a favorite. Chances are there’s a lot of sugar in it, but it could be listed under one of the many sugar titles.

Processed foods also include a lot of salt; however, let’s talk about saltwater. You’re going to be shocked!

11- Leaving sugar

If you want to lose weight, then cut the sugar. This means soft drinks, fruit juices, cookies, donuts, candy bars.

An ordinary soft drink has 8 teaspoons of sugar, about 72 calories. To burn an 8-ounce soft drink, you must take 1440 steps (half a mile).

Since many Americans don’t walk very far, the chances are that a single soft drink could settle in your hips and belly.

Pass snacks for quick weight loss!

Conclusion

Losing weight quickly takes almost more conviction than losing it in the long run. It can be your health too, so try your best not to recover all the weight you have lost.

Read labels for extra sugar, preservatives, salt, and fat to help your body lose weight. Eat healthy and medium foods your levels.

Don’t neglect to include the most significant part weight reduction, exercise.

Since you cut all these meals, make sure you have to walk or hit the gym. Exercise will help your body shed those extra pounds.

Thank you for reading to the end please don’t forget to share this article with your friends.

-

Source: https://selfdevot./2020/07/04/stay-away-from-these-food-to-lose-weight-fast/

-

Health / Re: I Have Found The 3 Benefits Of Smoking Cigarettes!! by 24hrUplift: 9:09am On Jul 16, 2020
24hrUplift:
Sorry for the broken link.

Here is the Source: https:///benefits-of-smoking

3 Benefits of Smoking Cigarettes!!

It's broken again...
-
Sorry for that.

Here is the Source: https://selfdevot./2020/07/12/3-benefits-of-smoking-cigarettes/

3 Benefits of Smoking Cigarettes!!
Health / Re: I Have Found The 3 Benefits Of Smoking Cigarettes!! by 24hrUplift: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2020
. Sorry for the broken link. — Here is the Source: https:///benefits-of-smoking — 3 Benefits of Smoking Cigarettes!! .
Health / I Have Found The 3 Benefits Of Smoking Cigarettes!! by 24hrUplift: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2020

I Have Found the 3 Benefits of Smoking Cigarettes!!

Could this be the reasons why so many people are going into smoking? Men and women, adults - including young adults?

Well, let me look through my book again... Finally, my research have paid off!

A team of researchers had just came out with their findings on cigarette smoking. And what they said, might not just surprise you, but shock you.

Here, they concluded:

1. Smokers don't grow old!
2.Smokers can not be bitten by a dog!!
3. Smokers cannot be attacked by thieves while sleeping.

WHY NOT?
WHY NOT?
WHY NOT?

Now let's consider the benefits, one at a time.. Shall we?

1. Smokers don't grow old!
Smokers don't grow old because they will die young due to lungs damage, as warned by the Ministry of Health.

2.Smokers can not be bitten by a dog!!
Smokers won't be bitten by a dog simply because when their lungs are damaged they have to walk with a stick every time. And dogs fear people with a stick in their hands.

3. Smokers cannot be attacked by thieves while sleeping.
Thieves can't break into the house of a smoker at night because smokers are always awake coughing!

If you like these three benefits, keep smoking, start smoking, or stay smoking!!

No matter how you smoke it, tobacco is dangerous to your health.

Listen to me...
There are no safe substances in any tobacco products, from acetone and tar to nicotine and carbon monoxide. The substances you inhale don’t just affect your lungs. They can affect your entire body.
We love you..
Smoking can lead to a variety of ongoing complications in the body, as well as long-term effects on your body systems. While smoking can increase your risk of a variety of problems over several years, some of the bodily effects are immediate.

Below are some of the symptoms and overall effects of smoking on the body.

a. Blood Clotting.
Smoking can increase clotting throughout your body. Blood clots increase the risk of heart damage, stroke, and pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs)

b. Early Menopause.
Female smokers tend to enter menopause earlier than nonsmokers. Smoking has also been shown to increase hot flashes..

c. Poor Vision.
Smoking can cause future vision problems and increase the risk of eye problems like glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts (or "cat-and-rat" as Mom like to call it).

No matter how you smoke it, tobacco is dangerous to your health. There are no safe substances in any tobacco products, from acetone and tar to nicotine and carbon monoxide.

And the government is trying it's best to discourage sellers by raising the legal age of a minor.

We love you, but the substances you inhale don’t just affect your lungs. They can affect your entire body.
Make a decision today to stop it my friend because we love you!

If you have tried to stop but couldn't, then, maybe these articles might move you to action (google them):

1. How to Motivate Yourself – The frogs’ story

2. 9 Popular Believes that Need Corrections

3. If You must Succeed, Follow this Rule of Consistency!!

Now please stop it, Tobacco smoke is incredibly harmful to your health. Please stop it, there's no safe way to smoke it. Please stop it, replacing your cigarette with a cigar, pipe, or hookah won’t help you avoid the health risks. Please stop it. We love you.

Cigarettes contain about 600 ingredients, many of which can also be found in cigars and hookahs. When these ingredients burn, they generate more than 7,000 chemicals, according to the American Lung Association.

Many of those chemicals are poisonous and at least 69 of them are linked to cancer.

Now, I would like to stop here..

Remember to share to friends you know that smoke. Let's save somebody today.

Keep up the good work. I love you all!

———
Source: https:///benefits-of-smoking

Nairaland / General / One Thing That Hinders Most People From Their Goals by 24hrUplift: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
One Thing that Hinders Most People from their Goals
-
-
Most times, we may have the opportunity to be financially free, but blow them away due to our personal deficiency.
-
I hope you will learn a great lesson from the experience of Jeo in this article...

Continue reading: https:///just1thingQ

Nairaland / General / By What? Do You Measure Your Life!! by 24hrUplift: 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
By what? Do you measure your life!! - - Is it right to call a man a failure because he is not doing well in an area that’s not his calling? - Find out the answer:- https://2no.co/2fYUD5

Food / How To Heal Your Body Without A Drug by 24hrUplift: 8:22am On Jun 21, 2020
Health Talks: Episode 1 Introduction - Healing without Drug

This article is one among series of articles about health matters - to teach you how to boost your immune system and stop killing your own body with chemical drugs.

The information you are about to read in this health series will not only shock you, but also anger and excite you at the same time. It will shock you because the simple therapy presented herein may be the closest thing to a panacea that you've ever encountered, and yet it has been deliberately suppressed by those who care less about protecting people's health than they do about their own financial interests.

Continue reading... https://yip.su/2NGpZ5

Health / Health Talks: Learn To Heal Your Body Without A Drug by 24hrUplift: 8:15am On Jun 21, 2020
Health Talks: Episode 1 Introduction - Healing without Drug

This article is one among series of articles about health matters - to teach you how to boost your immune system and stop killing your own body with chemical drugs.

The information you are about to read in this health series will not only shock you, but also anger and excite you at the same time. It will shock you because the simple therapy presented herein may be the closest thing to a panacea that you've ever encountered, and yet it has been deliberately suppressed by those who care less about protecting people's health than they do about their own financial interests.

Continue reading... https://yip.su/2NGpZ5

Health / The 3 Step Process To Improve Your memory by 24hrUplift: 6:35am On May 11, 2020
The 3 step process to improve your memory.

For memories to form, three functions have to take place:

1. Acquiring.

2. Consolidating.

3. And finally, Recall.

Caption: The 3 step process to improve your memory.

1. Acquiring Stage

(Learning or experiencing something new)

Seven steps to memory acquisition:

i. Learn a new skill

…Like juggling.

Can juggling really increase brain activity?

German researchers divided 24 non-jugglers into two groups and asked one group to practise juggling for three months. They found that those who didn’t juggle showed no difference in brain activity over the test period. But those who juggled, had an increase in grey matter in two areas of the hippocampus and neocortex, parts of the brain involved in memory, visual and motor activity.

The brain is like a muscle and needs exercise. To exercise your memory you don’t necessarily have to learn a new physical skill like juggling. (In Spanish) It can be anything from learning a new language to skilling up in a computer game.

ii. Doodle

If you are sitting in a boring class or meeting, don’t be afraid to start drawing hearts and flowers in your margins.

While it can look like doodlers are paying less attention than non-doodlers, in reality the act of drawing is helping to keep their brain active.

Just sitting there when you are bored makes it easier for you to tune out and as a result you will remember less information.

In studies, people who were given a doodling task while listening to a boring phone message ended up remembering 29 percent more of what was on the tape than people who just sat still and listened.

iii. Chew Gum

If you need to remember a piece of information for around 30 minutes, try chewing gum.

Studies have found that people do better on both visual and audio memory tasks if they...

Continue reading @:

https://selfdevot./2020/05/11/the-3-step-process-to-improve-your-memory/

Nairaland / General / 35 Things I Realized Too Late In My Life by 24hrUplift: 3:30pm On May 05, 2020
35 Things I Realized too Late in my Life (well, almost too late). . We all have two lives.. The second one starts when we realize we only have one. But.. How do you wanna spend it? Let's check it out.
Continue reading... https://yip.su/2kqCT5
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Do You Need A Work From Home Job Right Now? by 24hrUplift: 3:15pm On May 04, 2020
lawrence1998:
I followed the link and nothing was there. There's nothing on the website

Try visit with your computer browser.. they are actively seeking for fellows. Am using my computer almost all the time on internet..
Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Need A Work From Home Job Right Now? by 24hrUplift: 11:07am On May 04, 2020

Do you need a work from home job that suit your convenience right now?
If your answer is yes, then this website is for you.

But What can you offer?
Do you seek for a writing job or how to train a pet.
Are you a tutor or knows how to teach? There is a solution for you down below..

myabcgrowth.com

I found this website on google recently and it's good..
What they do is to connect Job seekers to Employers. They also offer free training incase of side skill acquisition.

Go check it out :: myabcgrowth.com

Good luck..
Romance / Re: The 5 Characters I Cannot Cope With In A Lady by 24hrUplift: 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
xendra:
hmm I pray for the day I'll meet a "Mature" man in every sense of the word, I'll not let him go. even if I was already married I'll make him my friend

Am hoping you have gone through the complete article by now... Hope you have understand the definition of "Maturity" now??
Romance / The 5 Characters I Cannot Cope With In A Lady by 24hrUplift: 10:00am On Apr 20, 2020
Despite what you have heard about what makes a good character and upbringing, some of our sisters and or eventually our wives, still believes that a good moral can only be found in the movies - not something one can develop.

You see, one thing I have come to understand is that, from the time my Mom got married to my Dad, many things have changed. When she got married to my Dad, what constituted “wife material” then, was pretty basic compared to how it is now. “Perfect” wives were women who stayed home to take care of the kids, keep the house in order, and have dinner ready promptly at 6PM when her husband walked through the door..

But now, a lot have changed..

What makes a woman a wife now isn’t about being docile, submissive, and letting the man run the show. The saying still remains the same: "Behind every successful man, there is a good woman."

Today I will tell you my mind from my personal list under moral review.

If your wife or your future-wife is the stay-at-home type and have 5/1 in the list below, then you are one of the lucky few!

Are you ready? 

HERE ARE THE 5 CHARACTERS I CANNOT COPE WITH IN A LADY

By all means if she scores great (5/0) in the scenarios below, then she is a proper wife material.
As for me I cannot cope with a lady if:

1. If She is Immature.

2. If She is Uneconomical.

Continue reading..
https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/1ed471590a663324ca06f865b68177e6

Health / Re: Covid-19: The 7 Good Things It Brought To Humanity! by 24hrUplift: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
excellent5:
t

You can still give a little fish while preparation on how to catch fish.

Haha. grin

U're not serious..
Health / Re: Covid-19: The 7 Good Things It Brought To Humanity! by 24hrUplift: 5:28am On Apr 19, 2020
excellent5:
It has seriously brought pain and suffering.

Please I need your assistance in any little way.
Kindly help me financially with any amount to stay alive.

Fidelity Bank

Yes.. I'm going to help you financially - but not by giving you fish, but by teaching you how to fish.
When you are ready to learn how to make money, follow this thread - https://yip.su/2bV2y5
Romance / Re: We Love Each Other But he Insist On Only Doing Traditional Wedding. by 24hrUplift: 5:14am On Apr 19, 2020
ariefadenco:
Hmmm....let me wait for the elders to talk first

The elders have spoken na?
Are you still quiet? grin
Romance / For Men: Your Relationship Could Be Suffering From These 7 'don't' by 24hrUplift: 5:07am On Apr 19, 2020
This post was inspired by the attitude of one couple in my area, who did not communicate together for 12 months - yet laying on the same bed at night - even though they have money.

Save yourself and be happy with your relationship.

If you are guilty of these seven 'don'ts' in your relationship, make things the way they were at the beginning... Now you will know what you are missing. kiss

Your Money plus your Arrogance does not guarantee a happy successful relationship. Ladies are not just objects of self-gratification for men. shocked

Continue reading...https://yip.su/2bnVt5

1 Like

Health / Re: Covid-19: The 7 Good Things It Brought To Humanity! by 24hrUplift: 4:37am On Apr 19, 2020
bluefilm:
What of One Million Boys?

"One Million Boys!" hmm.. Mogbe.. We haven't finished with the One Million Girls � na??
Politics / Re: Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? by 24hrUplift: 4:33am On Apr 19, 2020
edoairways:

Those burials you see some Christians do are not scriptural, they mix tradition with Christianity.

I agree with you.. People these days just want to please their fellow man - with oversized coat! kiss
Health / Covid-19: The 7 Good Things It Brought To Humanity! by 24hrUplift: 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
While everybody is shouting and panicking about a dreaded and an unexpected disease, I feel it will do us more good if we sit down and count our blessings..

Yes.. Count your blessings one after the other.

This article is intended to make you brave.. to supply you the needed strength with motivated energy to face the present unexpected future.

To bring courage to the territory where the fight was lost.

Sure COVID-19 has devastated the world's economy. But there are plenty of good side effects as well as we also need to observe.

For example:

1. Decrees in global warming.

2. Avenue For Self Improvement.

3. Family Reunion.

4. More Business Opportunities.

5. World Wide Cooperation and Collaboration.

6. Creation of Awareness.

7. Many forms of pollution are down.

Now let's touch-light the topics one after the other..

1. Decrees in global warming.

The weather, has some changes already. There are some observation I have been making recently, and I hope you noticed it as well.. The Sky looks cleaner and the Stars look brighter at night. The visibility certainly has increased from what we used to see locally. That's because of the low PM2.5 particles in the air. From the look of things, one may say it's a nature's way of detoxing the earth...
Continue reading...https://yip.su/27knN5

Politics / Re: Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? by 24hrUplift: 10:32am On Apr 18, 2020
slimprat:
She always right and details in most time but ,she said it April 2 and didn’t mention name.
Muslim must be buried the day the person died ,even if the person died in the midnight,must be buried by 4pm.
Assuming he his a Christian I would have agree that it’s political game,Muslim don’t joke to be buried at the right time.

I wish Christians could take a turn from the Muslims and stop the honor accorded to Dead body. It pains me when I see an elderly woman suffering until dead and later, a house is built for her grave.. Does it make sense? shocked

1 Like

Politics / Re: Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? by 24hrUplift: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2020
Provost01:
Oga if he was truly dead then, there wont be any wisdom behind concealing the news,again remember he is a muslim,muslims bury their dead immediately. the man just died this night.pray for him if you can instead of all this post that isn't adding up.life goes on.

You just said my mind.. Ah ah!! Waiting self? sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.