Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. (255788 Views)

You Can Make Upto N30k Weekly From This Egg Distribution Business Offer / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr / My Experience In The Bank Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
There are many who read the contents of this thread who has been asking - how do i start?
Kindly do whatever i reported that i have done here and add yours - and you are on board.

If you are still asking the question - how do i start, just start by any means you can.

You are most likely not to get high volume of eggs from a farm if you are not a regular client/distributor over a time frame of at least 8 weeks. Just join the queue and learn the ropes.

Even today, i learnt one more trick in the business.
Lets do it right!
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:57am On Oct 28, 2015
Yes, i had a discussion with a foreign based Nigerian as i reported earlier. He is interested in joining the egg distribution on his return to Nigeria with about N1.5m to invest in the business.
The good thing was that he took time to go through the thread. He understood its contents and asked questions about issues where he needed clarifications.

How can he start he asked?
The major challenge is that he has been away from the country for a while thus he needs some time to re-integrate himself into the hustle and bustle of Lagos.
My first advise to him is - keep your funds in a fixed deposit, map out about N70 - N100 thousand to play the market for about 2 months before touching the main funds.
I reaffirmed that his major challenge will be to locate a farm where he will be a major buyer or technical investor for steady supply of eggs. His least target of one off supply will not be less than 500 crates with a target of having such twice weekly. This could be from two different farms.

What kind of car do you think i should buy?
With a nice arrangement you do not need a car. What you need may be a bus - a Volkswagen bus will be ideal. You need it for conveying your products from the farm to your distribution point.

How best can i maximize profit?
You brand a given volume of your products and supply to Supermarkets and then sell a greater percentage to other distributors on cash and carry basis. Avoid all MANNER of credit from day one. And most importantly present yourself as a staff of a distribution company and NEVER as a new boss in town.

Where can i get a farm to work with?
Sincerely, i dont know. Only your interaction within the system can offer you such a link. Should i recommend any for you, you have to register, queue in there and wait for the time your allocation will grow.

Can't i set it up, get a manager to run the business?
OYO is your name. You are on your own! Money could easily be managed but not humans. You must pay the price of being on ground and know the pros and cons of the business yourself. I bet you, should you tow that line, your story after 6 months must be a sorry negative one.

How do you think i can deploy the said funds in the business?
You need about N800,000 kept aside for purchases weekly. You need an office space with i believe N200,000.00 will get for you, then the remainder will be used for the procurement of a bus. You can get a Nigerian used bus thats in a fairly good condition for less than N400,000.00 The remaining N100,000.00 will fetch you a good number of crates, office documents et al.

When do you think it si more positive to start?
Any time. Today is the best for you.

How easy is the business?
It is like any other business in Nigeria. It needs your attention until it matures with your desired income postulation.

Can i invest with you?
Hahahaaaaa. No for now. We can share information where necessary, my joining forces with you may derail my personal set goals. However, if i get a source where there the product is in excess, i will not fail to inform you.
.................the above is a brief outlay of our talks. I hope it adds value to your quest.
Bye for now.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 1:14am On Oct 29, 2015
The trends are oscliating.

The small sized eggs are now the tonic of the market.
Families are out for the small ones due to many mouths to feed and cost. N25 eggs are now selling better than N30 / N40 sizes.
Unknown to me i rejected 25 crates that was allocated to me only to get home and the demand was higher.

Egg distribution, we must deal with you inside out.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 29, 2015
Blackkie:
I got a mail from an Indian yesterday.
He is researching for a company about egg production and distribution in Nigeria.

The good news is not that a mail come in, but the fact that international investors are studying what we are discussing here with an intention of investing in Nigeria. And i wish them good luck.

You and i are aware that Indians are shrewd business group who invests where the money flows through in any economy.
Our local investors may soonest have a match for their cash.

419 on my mindcheesy
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 8:43am On Oct 29, 2015
daretodiffer:

419 on my mindcheesy

You are most likely to be the person i have exchanged e-mails with and also spoken with.
You must be a master in the game for a long time.
Bravo!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by boykas(m): 8:48am On Oct 29, 2015
Blackkie:
There are many who read the contents of this thread who has been asking - how do i start?
Kindly do whatever i reported that i have done here and add yours - and you are on board.

If you are still asking the question - how do i start, just start by any means you can.

You are most likely not to get high volume of eggs from a farm if you are not a regular client/distributor over a time frame of at least 8 weeks. Just join the queue and learn the ropes.

Even today, i learnt one more trick in the business.
Lets do it right!

Hello am planning to get a marwa and again I want to get this eggs also ready. Pls am in mushin how can I gets to you in surulere.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:10am On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=boykas post=39474093]

Hello am planning to get a marwa and again I want to get this eggs also ready. Pls am in mushin how can I gets to you in surulere.

Impressive.
Send me a pm.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by debbydee(f): 11:24am On Oct 29, 2015
Hello Blackie How much do you think i can invest in the business for a start.

i dont have a car yet but getting one is not a problem. let me know the considerable amount i can start with.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by boykas(m): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=Blackkie post=39474782][/quote]

Sorry how can I do that?? I don't have ur number well here is mine, we can whatsapp if u want.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
You can start with N20,000.00 only.
Unfortunately, money is not the major thing you need.

debbydee:
Hello Blackie How much do you think i can invest in the business for a start.

i dont have a car yet but getting one is not a problem. let me know the considerable amount i can start with.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
phortizoltd@yahoo.com

boykas:

Sorry how can I do that?? I don't have ur number well here is mine, we can whatsapp if u want.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by scampy(m): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2015
Blackkie:
You can start with N20,000.00 only.
Unfortunately, money is not the major thing you need.

What else is the major thing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2015
It's evident you never read the thread at all.
You need the clients to take off any volume of egg you must have bought. This is key!

Then, you must do something about getting a ''sure banker'' source, a poultry farm where you will get your supplies from.
If you were able to get one, you are most likely to be getting the eggs at a pocket friendly rate.

scampy:

What else is the major thing?

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by scampy(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2015
Blackkie:
It's evident you never read the thread at all.
You need the clients to take off any volume of egg you must have bought. This is key!

Then, you must do something about getting a ''sure banker'' source, a poultry farm where you will get your supplies from.
If you were able to get one, you are most likely to be getting the eggs at a pocket friendly rate.

lol.... check my ID and you will see it on the very first page of this thread. So, you are wrong Sir. God bless you for taking your time to still explain again.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2015
I sight you.
scampy:

lol.... check my ID and you will see it on the very first page of this thread. So, you are wrong Sir. God bless you for taking your time to still explain again.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by takleboy(m): 11:20am On Oct 31, 2015
Good job here @Mr Black, Mr Black remind me of the film; IRIS

Pls whats the best way to handle transportation for a starter of about 100crates in this business and when u factor in your transportation cost you can still have positive cashflow, as u can best suggest. Thatk you

Regards
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by otedola1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
I need more info about to start it pls rafkazgloballink@gmail.com
Thx regard
Blackkie:
Hello,
I started egg distribution in Lagos Mainland on the first of this month and its has been a wonderful experience. I made a lot of new discoveries while many old information drawn in my earlier business plan was a fluke.

I will explain in details many of my experiences bit by bit.

# You don't need a lot of money to start the business.
I delayed venturing into the business owing to funds. When i actually got the funds i was looking for, i found out that a mere 50k would have taken me higher into the business.

# You greatest challenge is not money or the products{eggs} your ability to do the marketing in pivotal.
I was amazed to find out that the demand for egg is huge. However, every distributor and retailer has a supplier already. For you to dislodge their existing supplier and etch yourself into their business book determines your success.

# The business is dominated by women-mothers to be precise.
Its awkward seeing the younger generation involved. These women are already in this business for years, thus they will teach you a lot if you become their son or daughter in your quest to succeed.

# Getting more than 100 crates of egg delivered to you in Lagos Mainland is not cheap.
For farm owners and bulk distributors, they prefer having 20 clients who buys from them regularly than having 3 or 5 major buyers. Reason, when they have about 20, at least 15 will be available on every sales day. The rate of disappointment when they are many is lower when compared with 3 or 5.

# Major egg suppliers comes from outside Lagos.
The bulk of eggs consumed in Lagos comes from Ogun, Ondo and Oyo. The farms in Lagos are attached to notable merchants. Also, it is costlier sourcing from them. Those who get their supply outside Lagos are cheaper.

More updates coming later.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:31am On Nov 01, 2015
With 100 crates, you can use Keke to do the distribution. with a good plan, 100 crates can fetch you N7,500 on the average.
It will be BEST for you to limit your client base to your community/environment.
Do your distribution on a given day with just one Keke, they may not charge you more than N800 for the hire.

takleboy:
Good job here @Mr Black, Mr Black remind me of the film; IRIS

Pls whats the best way to handle transportation for a starter of about 100crates in this business and when u factor in your transportation cost you can still have positive cashflow, as u can best suggest. Thatk you

Regards
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2015
I can say the thread is full of information on the subject topic.
Kindly go through it, then come along with your specific questions and i will give answers the much i can.

otedola1:
I need more info about to start it pls rafkazgloballink@gmail.com
Thx regard
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by masties2(f): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
Thanks Blackkie for your time. This has always been my dream business. Thanks for sharing. I approached a distributor and was told no eggs till next year cos of the scarcity, they were forced to ration. I also noticed retailers like unsorted eggs to increase their profit margin. Once they see ur eggs are sorted out they move to the next distributor

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
It depends on clients choice - different folks with different choices.
Sorting of the eggs gives you an edge if you are a distributor dealing with retailers in my area.
Keep looking for a farm/big dealer to source your eggs. Do not wait endlessly for one farm's promise. If you can get more, you now make a choice.
Eggs aint that scarce now just that demand has increased.

Keep in touch, you may enjoy our upcoming contract with a farm in Ogun state if you are near or within Surulere.

masties2:
Thanks Blackkie for your time. This has always been my dream business. Thanks for sharing. I approached a distributor and was told no eggs till next year cos of the scarcity, they were forced to ration. I also noticed retailers like unsorted eggs to increase their profit margin. Once they see ur eggs are sorted out they move to the next distributor
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 1:07am On Nov 02, 2015
SEMINAR .........SEMINAR .................SEMINAR

A seminar about Egg Distribution comes up on the 3rd week of this month.

We shall discuss everything about EGG DISTRIBUTION -the Trends, Tricks and Tactics.

Via this event, we shall unfold the program of Egg Distributors Club. The early birds will enjoy our membership and profit from our egg sharing program.

Interested attendees, kindly text name, e-mail and contact phone number to - 07036940035.

* Create a job and steady weekly income for yourself
* Your neighbourhood is too big for you to meet their supply need
* Egg distribution has elastic demand all year round
* 10% income weekly is easily achieveable
* Start with as low as N30,000.00
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:16am On Nov 02, 2015
The earlier you book your space, the better.
All participants will go home with a business manual with FAQ.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by takleboy(m): 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
How do u acknowledge ones booking, i av booked and hw can i confirm
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
Unfortunately, am not.
Ask your question here.

DonCrust:

Are you on BBM or Whatsapp? I have something to discuss with you and it's also very urgent.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Noted.
You will get an sms soonest.

takleboy:
How do u acknowledge ones booking, i av booked and hw can i confirm
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 8:04am On Nov 04, 2015
We will offer some of our attendees the opportunity get some egg via our platform.
This is one of the special gains of being part of what we are doing.

For those who have shown interest, it's noted. We will get back to you soonest.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
Your environment is all you need to kick off the egg distribution dream - check out my experience as my distribution vehicle had a break down when am supplying yesterday and today.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by debbydee(f): 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
i am intrested in the training how do i do it.
my number is 08185391880

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
Noted!

debbydee:
i am intrested in the training how do i do it.
my number is 08185391880
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 12:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Many who sent me messages asking me of how to start - this is a clue to you.

Yes, in the beginning of the week, i had issues with my vehicle.
But business must go on. I have to start delivery with foot!

It was a hard task but i had no option - my eggs do not stay with me for more than 48hours.
The sun made me more black and i lost some weight and slept better for the two days.

Whats new, you may ask?
I realized that i have been skipping a lot of clients in my neighbourhood for the fact that i enjoy driving. I had three major blocks of clients in Aguda [Cele] area, Masha-Kilo area and Lawanson, i could not get to any other area but concentrate in Aguda-Cele area.

As i was on ''duty'', i was conscious of those looking at me and greeted many i could strike an eye contact with. I noticed that one young man has been observing me, i summoned the courage to say ''hi'' to him.
I casually waved a pack of crates i was walking along the street with at him and told him i supply eggs.

Before i could say Jack, i had an order for 10 crates! He also introduced me to his me-tea brothers and i ended up selling 23 crates of egg through him!

The real story was that i finished all my allocation for the week in my area just for walking up and down the streets - just 4 streets only. I made contacts with many stores and kiosks that i never considered viable sales outlets.

The magic was that they saw me with the crates when it was with eggs and when it was empty.
Call it unpaid advert with high conversion rate.

This may also be your experience in your environment!
Just keep reading, more information will surely evolve that will add value to you.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

Football Betting System That Guarantees No Loss Of Bet Capital And Steady Profit / Binary Option Alertz/strategies Season4 (new Dawn) / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.