Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March (15286 Views)

Poll: Which country will win this and ride on to SA 2010?

Mozambique: 6% (6 votes)
Nigeria: 93% (83 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by sayoplenty: 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2009
MY BROTHERS DONT LET US BE AN INGRATE,DONT U REALISED THAT OUR SUPER CHICKEN PLAYED AGAINST TEAM OF FIFTEEN INSTEAD OF ELEVEN WHICH IT SUPPOSED TO BE tongue grin

DONT MIND THOSE GUYS JARE. THEY WERE NOT BEEN PASSIONATE WITH THE GAME. THEY SEE IT AS DOING THEIR COUNTRY A FAVOUR. I THINK DISCIPLINE SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED IN THE TEAM, THOSE BIG BROS SHOULD BE SIDELINED AND WE SHOULD PAVE ROOM FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO SERVE THEIR NATION WITH THEIR WHOLE STRENGTH.

AS FOR COACH AMODU, NO BE SAY THE GUY NO GOOD O. BUT HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF DEALING WITH THOSE 'BIG BROS'. I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THE COACH GO DEY ADD 'MR' OR 'UNCLE' TO SOME OF THOSE GUYS NAME IF HE WANT CALL THEM SELF embarassed
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2009
sayoplenty:

MY BROTHERS DONT LET US BE AN INGRATE,DONT U REALISED THAT OUR SUPER CHICKEN PLAYED AGAINST TEAM OF FIFTEEN INSTEAD OF ELEVEN WHICH IT SUPPOSED TO BE tongue grin

DONT MIND THOSE GUYS JARE. THEY WERE NOT BEEN PASSIONATE WITH THE GAME. THEY SEE IT AS DOING THEIR COUNTRY A FAVOUR. I THINK DISCIPLINE SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED IN THE TEAM, THOSE BIG BROS SHOULD BE SIDELINED AND WE SHOULD PAVE ROOM FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO SERVE THEIR NATION WITH THEIR WHOLE STRENGTH.

AS FOR COACH AMODU, NO BE SAY THE GUY NO GOOD O. BUT HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF DEALING WITH THOSE 'BIG BROS'. I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THE COACH GO DEY ADD 'MR' OR 'UNCLE' TO SOME OF THOSE GUYS NAME IF HE WANT CALL THEM SELF embarassed

I agree with you and I'm sure he'll C.Ronaldo Daddy if he's opportuned to coach him
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2009
I said it here that it will be hard for our super butterflies to beat the mozambiquans, but some people where busy saying we'll beat them by 10 goes to nil, 20 goals to 1. When are we going to learn to face the reality.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Afam4eva(m): 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2009
I didn't bother to watch the match cos i knew what to expect.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2009
afam4eva:

I didn't bother to watch the match cos i knew what to expect.

Good for you to have missed the match. I wish I were you
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by AMT: 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2009
Heard about the match but never bothered to watch it!!! Wasn't suprised at the score line and definitely wouldn't like to watch highlights of the match either.

There's nothing super about our eagles afterall.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2009
Lets just hope for better outings in the future.

Better outing with the same Coach and players?
Am afraid we may not be in South Africa come 2010.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2009
AMT:

Heard about the match but never bothered to watch it!!! Wasn't suprised at the score line and definitely wouldn't like to watch highlights of the match either.

There's nothing super about our eagles afterall.

They should be stop misusing the world 'EAGLE' because EAGLE stands for something mighty and strong
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by ojesymsym: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2009
I remember the good old days when we had a team called the super eagles, good team play, football interchange, 1-2 pass, classical goals, able to come from behind, good mid field play, good, common, u guys shud wake me up o before i kick myself. Na so una be?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by CCampbell(m): 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2009
The sooner we sit up, the better. Imagine small Mozambique outplaying us this way. Tunisia and Kenya still lie in wait.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by jalether(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2009
@ sauron, it wasn't just the high altitude (weather), the ball played a part as well

i think they used felele ball which the boiz are not used too ,

in the words of nas, "negro please"  save us from ur pathetic excuses
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Bobbyb(m): 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2009
I actually tot d deciders were going 2 b travelling 2 kenya nd tunisia>>>but now it luks even mr harder!!!!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by proudly9ja(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2009
We always have excuses when we lose.

In Kano, against Angola, it was the weather.

In Abuja, weather again.

In Lodon against Jamaica, they did not want to get injured cos it was just a friendly

Now against Mozambique, its the high altitude.

Nawao.

I remember back in those days, teams like Mozambique used to beg us to please have mercy and only win by small margins, now we are giving excuses for getting a draw in a match Mozambique should even have won
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by onyxera(m): 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2009
@topic,
wat do we expect from players who keep d benches warm @ dere respective cubs?, & an AMODU who should consider going into boxing, d entire tem should b scrapped ,i pray we dont go2 d world cup,imagine dis team playing spain or england,,,
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On Mar 30, 2009
I know Nigeria very well we were waiting for Mozambique to score one so that we can score 20 back but Mozambique Bleep up Na dem spoil our plans . For say dem score us dem for hear weeeennn
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by kingzli(m): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2009
Very funny, but it wont be funny if we dont make it to the world cup again
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dayokanu(m): 3:21am On Mar 31, 2009
Ejide

Adeyinka Apam Adeleye Chibuzor

Ajilore Another DM(Not Mikel abeg)

Rabiu Ibrahim

Obasi Uche Osaze

This is the set up I would suggest some would say they are too young and inexperienced but what exactly have the so called experienced guys done for us?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by jimuchy: 6:54am On Mar 31, 2009
irresponsible boys na so professionals dey play as if na monkey post for my backyard
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by proudly9ja(m): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2009
I think like someone said here, the boys lack passion. They know they are assured of their place in the team whether they play well or not thats why they play anyhow when playing for Nigeria.

You all should have seen the passion in players like Drogba, Toure, Eboue, Kalou in the Ivorian team when they played on saturday. And these are players that play regularly for their clubs. Amodu needs to be brave and wield the big stick. Nobody will complain if he goes for hungrier players. Players who want to make a name for themselves and are ready to die on the field to make that name. You will see the way Nwaneri played on sunday was different from the way any other player played. Thats because he knows that when Yobo comes back, it will be hard to get his shirt from him as captain thats why he gave a sterling performance.

We need hungry players even if they are from the local league. Its not as bad as we think at least not in Africa. Heartland beat an African team away some weeks ago and even recently, Kano Pillars drew away in the CAF Champs League. Mozambique, Kenya both have majority of teir players playing in their local league so Amodu cannot tell us that we don't have players in Heartland, Enyimba, Pillars, Rangers, etc who can beat these teams comfortably with the injection of a few commited foreign based players. I think he is just too lazy to groom them and prefers 'the devils he knows', as he aptly stated.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by pongol(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2009
embarassed Once upon a time, it was dinner time and there was no chicken available, and voila!!!, there came the SUPPER eagles for chops,
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by enato(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2009
cry cryits a shame that the super eagles could put such disapointing performance they once again did not dissapoint they reall are the super chickens.their non chalant attitude will make them miss the world cup once again.i would prefer to read my book or make post onnairaland than watch those arrogant fools play
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by gabsteve(m): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2009
gone are the when eagles where still eagles. that when a particular does not play a match the whole country
will feel the absence of such player. bt now there is nothing like just a bunch a old boys.

Thumbs up for osaze and shittu there were really the bomb
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by deb(m): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2009
I think like someone said here, the boys lack passion. They know they are assured of their place in the team whether they play well or not thats why they play anyhow when playing for Nigeria.

You all should have seen the passion in players like Drogba, Toure, Eboue, Kalou in the Ivorian team when they played on saturday. And these are players that play regularly for their clubs. Amodu needs to be brave and wield the big stick. Nobody will complain if he goes for hungrier players. Players who want to make a name for themselves and are ready to die on the field to make that name. You will see the way Nwaneri played on sunday was different from the way any other player played. Thats because he knows that when Yobo comes back, it will be hard to get his shirt from him as captain thats why he gave a sterling performance.

We need hungry players even if they are from the local league. Its not as bad as we think at least not in Africa. Heartland beat an African team away some weeks ago and even recently, Kano Pillars drew away in the CAF Champs League. Mozambique, Kenya both have majority of teir players playing in their local league so Amodu cannot tell us that we don't have players in Heartland, Enyimba, Pillars, Rangers, etc who can beat these teams comfortably with the injection of a few commited foreign based players. I think he is just too lazy to groom them and prefers 'the devils he knows', as he aptly stated.

Responding to the highlighted paragraph,
Passion or no passion, these Eagles cannot play nothing. It is simple they are not good enough and we don't have a coach
that is confident enough to do what is right to field younger and much more energetic, passionate and determined talents that we
have across the world.

Our midfielders are currently sick. And once the midfield of anything collapses then its as good as you don't have a team.
Why can't we field Rabiu Ibrahim? I'm sure if we had been featuring him regularly he would have developed enough confidence
instead we kept giving Mikel Obi whose attacking skill had been completely destroyed by Mourinho the number 10 jersey.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by nickybayo(f): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2009
when martins missed the one on one with the mozambique keeper, i quickly turned the tv set to d 24, season 3 i was watching
at least that cant give me at attack
all thru out the match, i was wondering wht could av happened if the ref ignorethe 2 off side goals
iyen o ni da rara oh
but like someone said, we're still better than cameroon
undecided grin wink
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by lexdino: 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2009
it was a very sluggish game angry
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by FBS: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2009
There are times a team plays badly and still win. There are times you play well and end up with nothing.
The super yeye eagles did nada and even though they nicked a point, the play was of no quality at all.

This is not about playing an away match or bla bla bla. . .the boys simply lacked passion, zeal, hunger, skill, pace and everything you can think off.

And yes, the technical crew=-ZERO over 100.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by opuro(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2009
I bin hear say sombodi thief
the players moni for glass house here in abuja
nna if that na true, make the person carry go joo
but that na money laundry of the highest order
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by onyeokwuak(f): 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2009
The way Nigerians think and talk affect their results.Befor the match many Nigerians including the Niiralanders had already condenmed and accepted defeat for Their Super Eagles.Should i say here that mahy Nairalanders contributed to the failure.How will u parade feared players like Uche Obafemi,Mikel and others and expect not to perform well.These discouraging comments reach those players,a nd it goes a long way in discouraging them.No matter what u say or do ,u are a Nigerian and Super Eagles fan.Being a fan is supportung your team when they are going up or down
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by opuro(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2009
yes na true talk
na our talk de make Amodu de call martin bros?
abi na the talk de make am call mikel uncle?
abi na the talk make martins no fit tear the net
wen him de face the keeper face to face
na the talk make dem theif thier money for glass house?
nna if you no get better talk , shut up
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Haksalam(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2009
The players were playing big men game embarassed
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by deb(m): 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2009
The way Nigerians think and talk affect their results.Befor the match many Nigerians including the Niiralanders had already condenmed and accepted defeat for Their Super Eagles.Should i say here that mahy Nairalanders contributed to the failure.How will u parade feared players like Uche Obafemi,Mikel and others and expect not to perform well.These discouraging comments reach those players,a nd it goes a long way in discouraging them.No matter what u say or do ,u are a Nigerian and Super Eagles fan.Being a fan is supportung your team when they are going up or down

Your brother dey super chicken?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis / Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year / Stephen Keshi Listed On ESPN FC Most Influential Person In Sport 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.