Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March (15289 Views)

Poll: Which country will win this and ride on to SA 2010?

Mozambique: 6% (6 votes)
Nigeria: 93% (83 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by tayoast(m): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2009
Guys, as bad as d performance was, we still managed to create match winning chances but its a shame we couldnt convert.

Did anyone see the Lithuania vs France? Its Similar to Nig's p4mance only they were luckier.

Football turns out this way at times. Not playing well but creating chances.

Lets just hope for better outings in the future.

Another issue with us is that every1 in this country too sabi football. And most of us are not professionals!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2009
ALL WE ARE SAYING,
SACK AMODUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by SamMilla1(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
There was no team there,
I saw some players, some short attackers,
one tall stupid midfielder and sturbon defenders.
Then one uneducated soccer coach and unknown assitants,
Hungry supporters and barren stadium.

And a good referee, Draw was good enough.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by tocdee(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2009
I'm in serious need of EPL action right now. Need to purge my system of the shit we just lived through.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by drossy(m): 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2009
number 1, kick sauron off this post,
number 2, there isnt much difference between domenech and amoudu, they both suck!!!!
number 3, a good coach needs just decent players who are fit to excel,we have above decent players,they have some measure of fitness, we just dont have the coach, how many nigerian coaches will use a midfield of sani kaita and ajilore and survive a an argentine midfield(forget its under 23,it still has mascherano ,messi and relquime,and bare loose 1-0??)
give siasia this team, pleeeaaassseee
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by DoubleN(m): 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2009
Im not surprised at all,stopped watching the Un-super Eagles after the Nations cup.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by pastorv: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2009
I WAS WATCHING THE MATCH AND FELL ASLEEP,DOSED BY THE MATCH embarassed,NO NEED OF CONTINUEING,IT CARRIES INFECTIOUS VIRUS FOR ANOYANCE.
LET THEM KEEP EATING OUR NATIONAL MONEY FOR FREE,ONLY TO COME BACK HOME WITH PLATED HAIRS AND AFRO'S!!! NA FASHION WE GO CHOP?,NA FOOTBALL WE WANT
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by diggler(m): 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2009
The NFF (where $200,000 dollars can walk of a safe) will never give the Super Eagles to Samson Siasia.

In this country, all our problems have solutions but these will never be implemented unless there is a way it benefits some goat head peppersoup chomping, beer guzzling asswipe in power.

We failed in that game not due to the players but simply due to tactical deficiency from the bench.

Granted most of the players were far from their best, but with the right tactical approach we should've beaten Mozambique even with a sub par performance.

In the end its about tactics & 11 professionals that can execute em (we've got 75% of the later and not the former)

Jose Mourinho & his various teams (Porto, Chelsea & Inter) give sub par performances most of the time but cos of the right tactical guidance from the bench, they grind out tha results.

I am was a big Amodu fan especially when he guided us to 1995 Intercontinental cup in Saudi & also in the early days of his 2nd missionary journey b4 he let the Sunday Oliseh Mafia take over @ Mali 2002.

Since then i've lost all faith in him.

For me the best two indigenous coaches remain Samson Siasia & Austin Eguavoen (who paid for Vogts sins)
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by pastorv: 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2009
THE MOZANBIQUES WHERE PLAYING BETTER,MORE BETTER,MORE SHAPER,MORE ATTACKING. THOUGH IT WAS A DRAW,BUT IN TECHNICAL RATING THEY WILL HAVE HIGH SCORE THAN THE EAGLES.
I JUST FELL ASLEEP BECAUSE THE MATCH WAS INFECTIOUS WITH ANNOYANCE VIRUS,THANK GOD I DIDN'T MIS THE SLEEP,I WULD HAVE LOST ALL embarassed
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Bobbyb(m): 8:08am On Mar 30, 2009
wat was d tunisia v kenya scoreline?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by naso2(m): 9:04am On Mar 30, 2009
Bobbyb:

wat was d tunisia v kenya scoreline?

kenya 1 - tunisia 2
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Kx: 9:11am On Mar 30, 2009
Why do u guys complain about their performance?
na by force to watch?
watch d eagles play if u have nothing better to watch.
if they fail to make it to d world cup,is it ur career dats at stake?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2009
Amodu blames the pitch, the strikers, the media and everybody, Imagine?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dyabman(m): 9:27am On Mar 30, 2009
Nigeria is the most overrated country in the world
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by nwajohn(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2009
Infact the best of Nigeria yesterday was Obinna Nwaneri without him in that defense we would have been licking our wounds now.

I am still wondering why Mikel should finish the game.

Will Nigeria still qualify to the world cup with this type of display?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dyabman(m): 9:36am On Mar 30, 2009
world cup? in your dreams, maybe the nations cup, nigeria is wack , Glad i dont support them, im no super rubbish fan , DUTCH FOR LIFE!!!!!!!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 9:49am On Mar 30, 2009
Does it mean we don't have any Nigeria player who can mount the midfield in the whole Nigeria and all over the world?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dyabman(m): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2009
no , you dont have , and will never have in the next 5 to 10 yrs,
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by azeeza(f): 10:49am On Mar 30, 2009
the game was tough but we are in big trouble.let wait 4 the second game 2 access them well.siasia is the man[color=#000099][/color] embarassed
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by opuro(m): 10:51am On Mar 30, 2009
watching that match is like watching ya'radua govt
slugish, no direction, no correct decission, and lack merrit
in fact e be like say na obasnjo de coach the team
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by onyeokwuak(f): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2009
Football game has chaged a lot .These days you can hardly find push- overs teams.Mozambique and super Eagles are good teams playing against each other.The two teams created good chances.But i think Mozambique is a bit luckier having been used to playing on that kind of pitch.Nigerians! lets say the truth,If u have ever played on a pitch that when u overlapp , the pitch draws the ball back ,or when u try to play a shot, the teeth of the grass draws the ball back and many others,it will definitely not bring out the best performance in you .The pitch played a major role in the performance of the super eagles. Do u think Oba goal would have missed those scoring chances ordinarily.If u have eyes, then u will believe me,then if u dont have eyes, then u r among those Nigerians who dont reason b4 they talk.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by slyk2(m): 11:54am On Mar 30, 2009
Enyimba would have won that match, even Flying eagles would have done better.

I weak for we SUPER CHICKENS
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by ajekpaks(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2009
Abeg why Stephen worgu no dey the team??

Atleast person like him dey used to different types of field
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by larman4u(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2009
Super Eagles is finished.Our players are not spectacular anymore,so expexct less from this guys. The probalityof Nigeria in SA is dim.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by deb(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2009
AMODU has to go
Familiar phrase from the same people that clamour for his appointment in the 1st place.
God punish all of you that clamoured for his 5th, 7th or his how many times return to eagles sef.

Nigeria will not qualify with Amodu no be curse. And God punish NFF if they try to hire another coach now
to come and do the "Magic" Bastard all of them
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by taohaf: 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2009
nigeria get players and not team and zero coaching crew. wat do u expect? miracle overnite? no way! even for abuja we go hardly win those boyz
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Chikka: 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2009
Mozambique had the opportunity to show to the world the level of our football, it was amazing to see the team changing the ball without fear. For us this was a victory, indeed we mark 2 goal that were nulled.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Roadblock: 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2009
opuro:

Very sensible post,
I wonder how in the name of politics in this country some people will appoint a once sacked coach to handle a team like Super Eagles.  Amodu had been in this same position before of which he failed woefully and then  later replaced.
Why would he be brought back.
If we must  go for an indeginous coach, Siasia can only be the best option because he had proved himself capable times without number. this is a coach for whom his players showed a very high degree of respect due to his selfless attitude, motivation and ever readiness to sacrifice even his own resources for his team. i am sure we all can remember how he was funding his team's training from his account. And we could resultantly see all that and his professional input in the way those boys played. they played like it was a do or die affair. what else are you looking for in a coach.

These same boys that displayed so much fire, now under the coaching of coach Mr Amodu played like the were forced and not in the right frame of mind. It was a struggle all through. Only one thing could be responsible. The Coaching and the influenced orientation that could only come from a coach.

Amodu is like a sosoliso air plane, he will not only delay us like yaradua, he will also take out the fire that used to b in those boys and creah their carrears.

I say give us the best coach Nigreria  has ever produced. Siasia

N.B
A coach that could ask Mikel to go to hell if he feels too big is the kind of no nonsense coach and  should be appreciated.

I dont know what that guy is doing in that team with his lazy manner of play. he reminds me of Yakubu. they are just business men that will only play well when the where their club colours. THEY SHOULD BE DONE AWAY WITH

My candid Opinion.[b][/b]
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Chikka: 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2009
We have to recognize Mozambique played well! grin
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2009
opuro:

Chai, wetin person no go hear for this nairaland
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2009
onyeokwuak:

Football game has chaged a lot .These days you can hardly find push- overs teams.Mozambique and super Eagles are good teams playing against each other.The two teams created good chances.But i think Mozambique is a bit luckier having been used to playing on that kind of pitch.Nigerians! lets say the truth,If u have ever played on a pitch that when u overlapp , the pitch draws the ball back ,or when u try to play a shot, the teeth of the grass draws the ball back and many others,it will definitely not bring out the best performance in you .The pitch played a major role in the performance of the super eagles. Do u think Oba goal would have missed those scoring chances ordinarily.If u have eyes, then u will believe me,then if u dont have eyes, then u r among those Nigerians who dont reason b4 they talk.

I wouldn't have called you fooled except for your silly post. You just keep running your mouth and this is just your second post. Was the pitch responsible for Obafemi penalty against Arsenal? What proof do you have that the Maputos are used to that pitch? Are they all in the same club and train on that pitch? Even the useless Bendtner would have scored on that pitch if he had the chances obafemi had.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by deb(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2009

You wait to see Tunisia beat Mozambique on the same pitch. Do you think Brazil, Italy or any quality team would still not have beaten
them on that pictch? Infact the pitch wud only have saved them from 10goals bashing to just 5 goals to nil. Keep giving papa chicken eagles
them excuse. olodo! shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis / Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year / Stephen Keshi Listed On ESPN FC Most Influential Person In Sport 2013