Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity (40417 Views)

Nigeria Now Has A Twitter Handle...See Reactions / Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw / Nigeria Hits 5000MW Generation Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by jaymichael(m): 12:06am On Aug 21, 2015
tunjion:
Thank you GEJ for investing in Electricity and Building new Power Plants.

God Bless you sir.
Name the power plant Jonathan built?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by jaymichael(m): 12:08am On Aug 21, 2015
Tripleclick:
Thunder fire u too. .. was it not gej dat build dos power plants
Name the one.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by 3kay945(m): 12:10am On Aug 21, 2015
This is what I voted for, so fast am reaping Democracy dividends

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by jaymichael(m): 12:11am On Aug 21, 2015
hugobuzz:
congratulations my president GEJ. your work speaks for itself. Nigeria will never forget you.
Which work did Jonathan do in the power sector? recommissioning the power plant OBJ built 3 days to election?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by jaymichael(m): 12:16am On Aug 21, 2015
nationwide1:

I'm surprised some people credit the improved power generation to Buhari.

It's on record that GEJ built the highest numbers of power stations among president Nigeria has ever had.

He commissioned most of them in his last days in office and this improved generation is the fruit.

Even Buhari will reject this credit.
Show us the record. just name the power plants he started and completed. Not the ones OBJ built and commissioned that he hurriedly went to recommission 2 days to election.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 21, 2015
femicyrus:
5000MW for real on channels news NOW

Oga forget about 5000MW. Even if they are generating 1000000MW, i don't care. What i care about is constant power even if it 10MW

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 21, 2015
tunjion:
Thank you GEJ for investing in Electricity and Building new Power Plants.

God Bless you sir.

Obasanjo invested more on electricity than GEJ. OBJ conceptualized the road map to power.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by crisycent: 12:20am On Aug 21, 2015
Really?
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by socialmediaman: 12:37am On Aug 21, 2015
steppin:

I guess Buhari was sworn in the with power plants generating the electricity.
You guys are so gullible.
Even Buhari admitted himself that most of the ongoing changes in some sectors, weren't from his own doing.
Obj spent more than 9billion dollars and he achieved virtually nothing.

Dont misinform people. OBJ spent $16 billion and installed power plants but no gas pipes to generate electricity, GEJ also started and completed some projects and channeled the gas pipes, but still little gas was being supplied due to corruption in the sector until Buhari took over. If GEJ had been re-elected, we would have still been in the old story of imaginary "pipeline vandals" scam till today, and we would have still not had better electricity.

You guys try to cunningly give GEJ all the credit as if everything was accomplished by him, or as if what he did was worth the oil sales boom we witnessed during his government. Since you say OBJ achieved nothing, lets also say GEJ achieved nothing since nothing happened during his administration. By now you guys should have some shame still mentioning his name after witnessing things taking shape during this administration

I advise you people just respect yourselves, Nigerians are no fools to be concerned with a government they willingly removed from office. GEJ's clueless government is gone, deal with it

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by ighodalonosa(m): 12:41am On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:

Slowly and steadily we shall get to the promised land.

#NeverAgain shall a clueless man rule Nigeria. Never again!

LET THE TRUTH BE SAID. HAS BUHARI BUILT ANY POWER STATION OR CONSTRUCTED ANY DAM?

GIVE HONOUR TO WHO HONOUR IS DUE.
IF GEJ WAS THE MAN BEHIND THIS POWER TRANSFORMATION, MAY YOU NEVER REAP THE FRUIT OF UR LABOUR BECOS U RE DENYING HIM HIS.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Halaz(m): 12:44am On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:
Slowly and steadily we shall get to the promised land.
#NeverAgain shall a clueless man rule Nigeria. Never again!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Charlesberry(m): 12:52am On Aug 21, 2015
just4kelvin:
the source pls and who are they giving the light to. privatisation should be reversed n let d government take over
It's Jonathan handwork and buhari takes d credit
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by ZUBY77(m): 12:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Celebrating mediocrity as usual.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by kitan2015(m): 12:59am On Aug 21, 2015
ighodalonosa:

LET THE TRUTH BE SAID. HAS BUHARI BUILT ANY POWER STATION OR CONSTRUCTED ANY DAM?

IF GEJ WAS THE MAN BEHIND THIS POWER TRANSFORMATION, MAY YOU NEVER REAP THE FRUIT OF UR LABOUR BECOS U RE DENYING HIM HIS.
U don talk finish be that...tell me wah power plant jeg buit...and wen...?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by kestolove95(m): 1:00am On Aug 21, 2015
Dix 5000 na only on NL o
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by olumide4christ: 1:12am On Aug 21, 2015
vikyno:

O Aregbesola people, I think your O brain is empty.
They don't build power plants in 3 months. This is definitely the fruits of GEJ' labour.

TRUE.. power plants are not built in 3 months but one thing you GEJites seem to be forgetting is that power plants don't operate by themselves. They run on some form of fuel or the other; in Nigeria - water and gas, gas being the majority. The main reason why we are seeing a rise in power generation is the reduction/end of gas pipeline vandalization which was achieved by PMB the cancelling of the security contracts the former govt had with Asari Dokubo, Gani Adams and co. Despite the fact that these security contracts were subsisting in the previous govt, pipeline vandalization was the major reason the past govt gave for lack of gas to power our generating plants.

So therefore building more power plants with no gas to fire them would have made the power plants a white elephant project. You cannot but agree that PMB has to take some credit in the surge in power generation by taking important decisions to avert pipeline vandalization.

Like someone said above me, if GEJ were still in power, the pipelines would still be vandalized by now and all we would hear is the same old story of pipelines being vandalized and the govt was seemingly powerless to do anything about it, despite paying millions of naira for security contracts to some undesirable elements.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Demmzy15(m): 1:39am On Aug 21, 2015
celebrityhabit:
Please you did not hear well, what i heard with mt two ears is 6000 mw and not 5000. always get ur facts right.
I heard 6,000 too, the OP should better correct this stuff.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by kessyzee: 2:42am On Aug 21, 2015
We will get there. I can't wait for when electricity will be constant in this country.

BTW visit my blog.... http://kesspeakz..com
to read inspiring interviews with young entrepreneurs and articles on several issues of life etc
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Gboliwe: 2:43am On Aug 21, 2015
menxer:
if you have 5000 and don't spend it on anything, well you still have 5000 but on empty stomach.;grin

PHCN Uyo is on strike, no power supply this week, Uyo is virtually blackout

I tell you! It's so annoying. Since sunday night. What are they striking for? Didn't even know it was a strike I thought there was a major problem with the Ibom power plant.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:55am On Aug 21, 2015
I've forgotten the last time I bought pms for my power generator. As I type, there is power supply. God bless Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by okey4reel(m): 3:08am On Aug 21, 2015
fctboy:
This news is broken in pieces until they distribute power generated.
Generation without light in my house makes no difference
I have being in darkness for the past three days
Oga do u live in the bush, because everyone can actually testify that d power situation has improved for d past 1 month or 2, so if u guys don't have light its either there is no transformer in ur area or you havent paid ur utility bill...period
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by allytinted: 3:19am On Aug 21, 2015
Jonathan fans b like "thank u Gej for investing into power"....... "dnt u knw d dams r full as a result of d rainy season" . I hv 2 questions for for una;
Is ds our first time of xperiencing rainy season?
Is it immediaty Buhari was sworn in dt d dams suddenly bcame full? confused set of pple.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by PassingShot(m): 3:41am On Aug 21, 2015
VaselineCrew2:

This comment really makes one detest the APC

Men, if buhari doesnt leave us with about 15,000 MW then he has failed, period.

You should be ashamed of yourself btw, but I guess you have a very large zombie support base, mtcheew undecided
Cry us a river.
Kudos to PMB the no nonsense man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by PassingShot(m): 3:49am On Aug 21, 2015
[s]
steppin:

If you believe this is Buhari's achievement, then you need to voluntarily admit yourself into Yaba left.
God! You're so gullible.
[/s]
During Jona Dumbo, gas to power was not available and there was always vandalism of pipelines.
Guess what, a new Sheriff has made sure there's no longer "scarcity" of gas and the pipelines are no longer "vandalized".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by PassingShot(m): 4:06am On Aug 21, 2015
millionaireman:

Buharimaniacs. Fanatics.

Buharimania and Fanaticism are deadly diseases.

Buharimania and Fanaticism make your lot not reckon with the fact that it was Good luck Jonathan government which made the present improvement in electricity generation a reality.

How could Buhari have share in the glory?
E yaah! I never knew Jona didn't like to take credit for his work and it's the reason there was always no gas during his time as well as "incessant vandalism of pipelines " according to them.
And in March this year, he told us to expect improvement in electricity supply "in 12 to 15 months". Thank God he was rejected. If not, he would surely have got other stories to tell us why we'd need to wait till 2017 even in 2016.
I am a Buharist. Deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by nationwide1(m): 4:09am On Aug 21, 2015
jaymichael:
Show us the record. just name the power plants he started and completed. Not the ones OBJ built and commissioned that he hurriedly went to recommission 2 days to election.
So you mean Buhari is the one that builds / built the power plants? Buhari himself will not agree with you. lol.

I even hope Buhari builds one power plant because he has shifted all his attention to probing.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by PassingShot(m): 4:09am On Aug 21, 2015
Forwetinnah:
To all APC lying liars. ..Please shout a resounding 'amin' to the following prayers
Wait till election time b4 you start campaigning. Don't waste your talent yet.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by PassingShot(m): 4:24am On Aug 21, 2015
ighodalonosa:

The truth and nothing but the truth:
1. PMB has not built any power station.
2. He hasn't built any dam.
3. He hasn't even appointed a Power minister.
4. GEJ promised in March that electricity will improve "in 12 to 15 months"; meaning btw March and June 2016.
4. PMB has however shown to be a no nonsense president; not ready to accept excuses for non performance.
5. He has asked the Nigerian military to take charge of our pipelines.
6. The gas suppliers have being supplying gas as required and they no longer divert gas to other uses.
7. Electricity supply has therefore improved and that improvement started in June 2015 under the administration of PMB.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ndigbo Forum Lists Demands For Buhari / Thugs Beat Iniobong Akan, APC Chairman In Akwa Ibom, Break His Head (Graphic Pic / Don’t Be Far From Me If You Cross Over, Fubara Urges Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.