Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity (40441 Views)

Nigeria Now Has A Twitter Handle...See Reactions / Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw / Nigeria Hits 5000MW Generation Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by solonazzy: 7:25am On Aug 21, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Buhari for life president. Haters should go hung transformer
Seriously I wish Dis ma ruled for up to 10 years under military regime..... Imagine whr we wuld b by nw..... Corruption wuld b at a barest minimum
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by tuniski: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2015
princemillla:
What people don't understand about this light issues being attributed to former president Jonathan. I don't know may be he never inspect or higher someone who knows about the project to inspect how far they gone with such project with huge amount invested on same project. Still we were generating below 3000 mw. But wit the emergence of Buhari things started unfolding without even a single utterance, Same with refinery.

Any wich way, lets enjoy dividend of democracy so crazy demonstrations can end
Buhari has nothing to do with both the refinery and power, rather, they are few of the many Work in Progress of the last administration of GEJ/PDP. #teamBuhari must stop trying hard to steal credit from the same people they termed enemies of nigeria. Gej has set nigeria on the right path let Buhari deepens it. Unless and until buhari add 1MW to the 7800MW capacity and sustain such, he has done nothing. This govt is yet to take off and things don't work by body language except by brains and hardwork. God bless GEJ, God bless PMB and God bless my country nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by godoluwa(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2015
siraj1402:
Now I believe and can day it anywhere that epe ti mu Jonathan. Ko laseyori kankan. Baba keep it on. Never again will a clueless ogogoro drinker be our president again.
se iwo kii r'onu ki o to hu iwa ni? u just post bullshiit 4rm ur empty skull
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by best4momoh(m): 7:42am On Aug 21, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Buhari for life president. Haters should go hung transformer
I will not advice them to hug transformer because that will be tantamount to death because there is light everywhere now. The transformer are working now. Sai Baba
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Ijaya123: 7:42am On Aug 21, 2015
boboLIL:
Wow,,, thanks to the GEJ administration on dis feat

I'm sure this is due to the power plant GEJ commissioned last week.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by emphylex52(m): 7:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Abeg na lie joor which kind 5000mw
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Ijaya123: 7:47am On Aug 21, 2015
nationwide1:

I'm surprised some people credit the improved power generation to Buhari.

It's on record that GEJ built the highest numbers of power stations among president Nigeria has ever had.

He commissioned most of them in his last days in office and this improved generation is the fruit.

Even Buhari will reject this credit.

I'm sure this increment is due to the power plant GEJ commissioned last week.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by nationwide1(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2015
Ijaya123:

I'm sure this increment is due to the power plant GEJ commissioned last week.
No, it's due to several power plants Buhari built in his earlier regime between 1983 and 1985 plus the new ones he built during his second coming as president.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Shed24(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:

Slowly and steadily we shall get to the promised land.

#NeverAgain shall a clueless man rule Nigeria. Never again!
waitin him de Abokki don do since he enter power? Him don award any contract on power? Na Gej 103 dams dey generate de power joor
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by kclint85(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015
since after presidential election i ve only once seen ds light just imagine that no generator 4 u no light in awkuzu anambra state
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by zendy: 7:57am On Aug 21, 2015
Everybody knows that it takes years before the structures that can guaratee improved or steady power supply are put on the ground. But APC/Buhari supporters will now give the credit of GEJs Government to Buhari after less than 3 months in office
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Ijaya123: 7:59am On Aug 21, 2015
nationwide1:

No, it's due to several power plants Buhari built in his earlier regime between 1983 and 1985 plus the new ones he built during his second coming as president.

Brilliant. Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by shaddoww: 8:03am On Aug 21, 2015
Abbycite:
God bless GEJ and his entire team......the onus is now on Pmb to build on dis....

I dont know what is so hard to comprehend in dis....we can only praise PMB if by 2019 d capacity has increased to 10000mw. U cant attribute dis feat to a newly formed govt that has not spent a kobo on capital project..... if we cant blame PMB 4 boko haram in d north....then we cant praise him 4 improvd electricity
then I guess we should be praising Obasanjo too, since he also spent billions on electricity though we didn't see results in his time but going by ur theory, he should be praised since he also spent money on d sector if not even more than Jonathan....
Wailing Wailers been suffering and smiling since time immemorial.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Sulaimon01(m): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2015
natas22:
The change has begun
Latigbawo......? tipetipe?..... E don tey
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by nationwide1(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2015
Ijaya123:

Brilliant. Clap for yourself.
lol
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by fotadmowmend(m): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2015
harristo:

When GEJ dey na ruduce the MW dey reduce, abi una don forget now now?
Why u lyk to dey lie lyk dis It's jst dat d level of APC criticism won't allow una 2 think or see for urself then.... My broda d thg increase dat tym. And mind you, construction of electric stations isn't 2 or 3 month work ! The credit shd be given to GEJ
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by 989900: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2015
tuniski:
Buhari has nothing to do with both the refinery and power, rather, they are few of the many Work in Progress of the last administration of GEJ/PDP. #teamBuhari must stop trying hard to steal credit from the same people they termed enemies of nigeria. Gej has set nigeria on the right path let Buhari deepens it. Unless and until buhari add 1MW to the 7800MW capacity and sustain such, he has done nothing. This govt is yet to take off and [b][s]things don't work by body language except by brains and hardwork.[[/s]/b] God bless GEJ, God bless PMB and God bless my country nigeria.

Strike out that part, and you'll be fine.

1. Things do work by "body language".

2. If GEJ consciously and sincerely used his "brain" + "hardwork" from the get-go, we would have been fine, no one would have called him clueless, and he would have gotten re-elected even without all those bribes and last minute "brain and hardwork" he feigned at the last hour.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Olaolufred(m): 8:37am On Aug 21, 2015
[size=18pt]
PassingShot:

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by 93RD(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2015
whenever I open nairaland, I get really disappointed that a lot of people in Nigeria want good things to happen but fail to acknowledge the truth.. even though things like this is long overdue, they praise every little thing that a politician come out to talk or showcase just because they love and support them. Should a country that has spent billions of dollars on the power sector since the time of Obj be celebrating this or should they be celebrating something big in other sectors. :-/ .. and please I just want the best for my country and I think nobody should celebrate president Buhari yet :-/ I think its too early for that and I believe he knows.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by pgrex20(m): 9:02am On Aug 21, 2015
socialmediaman:

Credit is for which GEJ? Are you living in Nigeria so?? Some of you guys don't even know what's been really wrong with this country. You seem not to realize why GEJ was voted out.

What we're celebrating Is the END OF IMPUNITY! We have been generating over 4,000 MW of electricity for years now, the problem is impunity in the gas supply sector. All these "gas pipeline vandals" Bla bla bla you've been hearing was a hoax, there was nothing like that. Government officials have been illegally selling these gas in the black market and blaming vandals for scarcity of gas to the generating stations. Maybe you didn't observe that these impunity ended on May 29 when Buhari took over, that's when the light improved!
Well, as far as am concerned GEJ did his own part by generating more power for Nigeria... undecided
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by pgrex20(m): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2015
frank442:

Fine he did it
Do you know that some business men selling generator went and bribe them to slow and hold down the power with our clueless man anything goes
Lol smiley
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by pjecly: 9:05am On Aug 21, 2015
smileydis is fantastic. for ky area. Ilasamaja Lagos since PMB swearing in light no dey go for my area ooo
thank God . saboteurs no ho die well.

PMaB carry on . 3 months uninterrupted power supply no be moin moin.
It has neva happen in the history saddis is fantastic. for ky area. Ilasamaja Lagos since PMB swearing in light no dey go for my area ooo
thank God . saboteurs no ho die well.

PMaB carry on . 3 months uninterrupted power supply no be moin moin.
It has neva happen in the history
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by jaymichael(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2015
nationwide1:

So you mean Buhari is the one that builds / built the power plants? Buhari himself will not agree with you. lol.

I even hope Buhari builds one power plant because he has shifted all his attention to probing.
No, Buhari did not build any power plant. Even if he wants to build now, it is very likely it will not be commissioned before the end of his 4 year renure because it takes time for power plants to be installed.
OBJ built and awarded the contacts for those new power plants. Some were completed and commissioned before the end of his tenure. Some like the Olorunshogo power plant were to be installed in phases, some phases he completed and commissioned before the end of his tenure. It should be noted that most of these power plants are gas fired. You can't have power even when you have power plants but no gas for it to run for onward transmission and distribution.
under the last regime, the power sector was faced with many problems that mainly bothers on lack of oversight. There was a lull in spate of work on the yet to be completed power plants by the contractors because of corruption and lack of government oversight. the government was deceived hence few weeks to election, the rush by Jonathan to commission both already commissioned and uncompleted power plants.
There was no supply of gas to those power plants due to corruption. Probably the gas gas were diverted by the officials and blamed on vandals. Tell me what do vandals want to do with gas pipeline? Have you ever seen a BLACK MARKET GAS before? dispensing gas requires specialized equipments as it is not like oil pipeline whereby you just vandalise and begin to scoop.
The politicians and power officials deceived the government (for corrupt person gains) and the government inturn deceived the citizens. During the rainy season when the hydro electricity dams and power stations are working, they tell us that power has improved due to government effort in increasing power generation but during the dry season when water is short in supply and power drops, the tell us that the opposition and vandals are vandalizing the gas pipelines and sabotaging government efforts to ensure stable power supply.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by steppin: 9:14am On Aug 21, 2015
socialmediaman:

Dont misinform people. OBJ spent $16 billion and installed power plants but no gas pipes to generate electricity, GEJ also started and completed some projects and channeled the gas pipes, but still little gas was being supplied due to corruption in the sector until Buhari took over. If GEJ had been re-elected, we would have still been in the old story of imaginary "pipeline vandals" scam till today, and we would have still not had better electricity.

You guys try to cunningly give GEJ all the credit as if everything was accomplished by him, or as if what he did was worth the oil sales boom we witnessed during his government. Since you say OBJ achieved nothing, lets also say GEJ achieved nothing since nothing happened during his administration. By now you guys should have some shame still mentioning his name after witnessing things taking shape during this administration

I advise you people just respect yourselves, Nigerians are no fools to be concerned with a government they willingly removed from office. GEJ's clueless government is gone, deal with it
Within 2 months plus of being sworn in, he has already achieved the feat two past president couldn't?
Even without ministers? You guys need to dial down on the loyalty and think for once.
I'll say it again, you guys are so gullible.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by 9jatatafo(m): 9:23am On Aug 21, 2015
That is not enough for Lagos alone
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by steppin: 9:29am On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
During Jona Dumbo, gas to power was not available and there was always vandalism of pipelines.
Guess what, a new Sheriff has made sure there's no longer "scarcity" of gas and the pipelines are no longer "vandalized".
The same people that made it scarce, decided to make it available again. It's just politics. When a government doesn't favour some people, they fight it and make it ungovernable.
It has always been a northern agenda and your people helped in promoting it.
So, don't tell me that crap about a new sheriff.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by PassingShot(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2015
steppin:

The same people that made it scarce, decided to make it available again. It's just politics. When a government doesn't favour some people, they fight it and make it ungovernable.
It has always been a northern agenda and your people helped in promoting it.
So, don't tell me that crap about a new sheriff.
Wow! What a way of reasoning!

If we even accept your funny thinking, it's a bigger indictment on GEJ that he couldn't be in charge despite having all resources at his disposal. So, kicking him out is still justified.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by chudionu58(f): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2015
For some loudly ignorant typists here, Obasanjo built some power plants under PHCN from 2002-2006 which were: Geregu(414mw), Olorunsogo(300mw), Omotosho(350mw) but Jonathan built the phase 2 of Olorunsogo(750mw), Omotosho(500mw), Geregu(500mw),Ihonvbor(500mw), Sapele (450mw), Calabar (500mw), Alaoji phase1 (504mw...phase 2 is under construction)...Omoku is technically complete, but Gbarain Ubie (Bayelsa), and Egbema are yet to be complete!
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/177247-jonathan-commissions-650m-power-plant-says-hes-fulfilled-election-promise.html
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-commissions-504mw-abia-power-plant/
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/jonathan-commissions-500mw-omotosho-nipp/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-anticipates-december-take-off-of-563mw-calabar-nipp-plant/188073/
http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/125833/1/nipp-jonathan-commissions-geregu-power-station-in-.html

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/calabar-benin-ogorode-power-stations-ready-for-inauguration-says-sambo/209690/

Let me lecture some of you fools with respect to our hydros, In 2011, the power ministry in partnership with the world bank agreed to rehabilitate Kainji hydroelectric which would add 220mw by Q1 2015
http://www.afriwall.com/newscast-PHCN-signs-N1275bn-contract-to-rehabilitate-Kainji-Power-Station-58.html#.VdbhkDNw1is

Jonathan also boosted the capacity of jebba hydroelectric with support of World bank and JICA...
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-approves-n706-9m-for-jebba-power-plant-rehabilitation/

So, we should bear in mind that in addition to Thermal plants, GEJ also refurbished the hydros.………………chudionu™
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 21, 2015
pasol4real:

Bros which part of mainland
Liars are liable to die young.
Church Street, Oshodi , Thomas are also liable to die young
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by shuttle80: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by socialmediaman: 10:03am On Aug 21, 2015
steppin:

Within 2 months plus of being sworn in, he has already achieved the feat two past president couldn't?
Even without ministers? You guys need to dial down on the loyalty and think for once.
I'll say it again, you guys are so gullible.

Common sense is the only thing I see lacking here. Who says Buhari built power stations within 2 months? Impunity is what we're talking here, it's gone! Buhari will not tolerate the impunity GEJ tolerated. You cannot be starving power stations of gas just to divert the gas and sell it at the black market and make money for yourself, then come to tell Buhari stories that gas pipeline vandals are the ones preventing gas from reaching generating stations, except you don't like your job and freedom. Meanwhile this was a story you could tell tell GEJ and get away with it. I keep saying, use your common sense and understand why people called GEJ clueless and kicked him out, just simple common sense will do here.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by socialmediaman: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2015
pgrex20:
Well, as far as am concerned GEJ did his own part by generating more power for Nigeria... undecided

Yes he did, but that's not worth Nigeria's 5 years for him. All the excuses while billions of dollars was stolen in our presence unchecked, it's not worth our time. If you prefer to be praising mediocrity, no problem, but as far as I can tell, things are taking shape now

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish / Atiku, PDP Loses Appeal At Supreme Court / Reno Omokri Dancing In Early Celebration Of Atiku’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.