Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,406 members, 7,850,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Greatest Atheist Quotes - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greatest Atheist Quotes (17384 Views)

Atheist Quotes / Atheist Quotes Of The Day. / Atheist Quotes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2009
"I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man.  All the good from the Saviour of the world is communicated to us through this book."

- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 10:36pm On Apr 04, 2009
Faith means not wanting to know what is true

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by Ascony(m): 10:38pm On Apr 04, 2009
"Faith is, believing something without evidence, but with only the inner conviction that it is true."

Ascony

"Thomas did not believe the resurrection; and as they say, would not believe without having ocular and manual demonstration himself.
So neither will I; and the reason is equally as good for me, and for every other person, as for Thomas."

Thomas Paine

"I don't believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free."

Angelina Jolie
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 10:41pm On Apr 04, 2009
Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but i reject them all.

Gene Roddenberry
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by bawomolo(m): 11:13pm On Apr 04, 2009
manmustwac:

Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but i reject them all.

Gene Roddenberry

now that's funny
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2009
Atheism is the voice of a few intelligent people

-Voltaire
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2009
Religion is like a laboratory experiment that lost control, the specimen now controls the scientist.
-Chrisbenogor-
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Apr 06, 2009
"The Cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be."

- Carl Sagan, Cosmos (New York: Random House, 1980), p.4.
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38am On Apr 06, 2009
It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible. -- George Washington

I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book that you can by reason and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man. It is the best Book which God has given to man. --Abraham Lincoln

I have always said that a studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands. --Thomas Jefferson.
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Apr 06, 2009
The Bible has been the Magna Charta of the poor and oppressed. The human race is not in a position to dispense with it. -- Thomas Huxley
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2009
Watch the unfolding of this drama

"I am going to put the Bible out of business." -- Robert Ingersoll

"Another century and there will not be a Bible on earth!" -- Voltaire

"Voltaire expected that within fifty years of his lifetime there would not be one Bible in the world.  His house is now a distribution centre for Bibles in many languages". -- Corrie Ten Boom 

Our God surely has a sense of humourgrin grin grin
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2009
A man full of faith is simply one who has lost the capacity for clear and realistic thought

-Henry Mencken
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2009
Prayer has no place in public school, just like facts have no place in organized religion

Superintendent Chalmers
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by insight04: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2009
I am an atheist, out and out. It took me a long time to say it. I've been an atheist for years and years, but somehow I felt it was intellectually unrespectable to say that one is an atheist, because it assumed knowledge that one didn't have. Somehow it was better to say one was a humanist or agnostic. I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time."
(Isaac Asimov / 1920-1992)

""I have observed that the world has suffered far less from ignorance than from pretensions to knowledge. It is not skeptics or explorers but fanatics and ideologues who menace decency and progress. No agnostic ever burned anyone at the stake or tortur."
(Daniel J. Boorstin, American historian and author / 1914 - 2004)

"I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure - that is all that agnosticism means."
(Clarence Darrow / 1857-1938 / Scopes trial / 1925)

"The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us, and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic."
(Charles Darwin / 1809-1882 / quoted from James A. Haught, "Breaking the Last Taboo" / 1996)

"Well, I tell you, if I have been wrong in my agnosticism, when I die I'll walk up to God in a manly way and say, Sir, I made an honest mistake."
(Henry Louis Mencken / 1880-1956)

As to the gods, I have no means of knowing either that they exist or do not exist."
(Protagoras / 485-410 BC / in Plato's Theaetetus)

"O God, if there is a God, save my soul if I have a soul."
(Ernest Renan / 1823-1892)

"An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial. At the same time, an Agnostic may hold that the existence of God, though not impossible, is very improbable; he may even hold it so improbable that it is not worth considering in practice. In that case, he is not far removed from atheism."
(Bertrand Russell / 1872-1970)
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2009
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

-Unknown
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by No2Atheism(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2009

"Voltaire expected that within fifty years of his lifetime there would not be one Bible in the world. His house is now a distribution centre for Bibles in many languages". -- Corrie Ten Boom

i like that particular quote,

To all atheists abeg before you draw your daggers and questions, don't bother abeg i don't have the strength to discuss tonight , i need to rest, i am mentally tired right now.
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by MrCrackles(m): 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Watch the unfolding of this drama

"I am going to put the Bible out of business." -- Robert Ingersoll

"Another century and there will not be a Bible on earth!" -- Voltaire

"Voltaire expected that within fifty years of his lifetime there would not be one Bible in the world.  His house is now a distribution centre for Bibles in many languages". -- Corrie Ten Boom 

Our God surely has a sense of humourgrin grin grin

poor voltaire. grin
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by noetic(m): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2009
@ olaadegbu

nice and intelligent quotes. God bless u.
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2009
Religion is just mind control

George Carlin
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 11:27pm On Apr 06, 2009
I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, or of a god

-Thomas Edison
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 06, 2009
I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the evolutionists idea of the origin of earth and man

-David
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by noetic(m): 11:30pm On Apr 06, 2009
manmustwac:

I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, or of a god

-Thomas Edison

how come there is no quote in ur name?

are u just an uninformed brat, brandishing atheism in our face?
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2009
The day when the african millions will stop praying for an imaginary God to come down from Heaven to solve thier problems and decide to hold their leaders to accountability is the day Africa will start to move forward

manmustwack smiley
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2009
noetic:

how come there is no quote in ur name?

are u just an uninformed brat, brandishing atheism in our face?

are you surprised? they need "quotes" from men like this to validate their own insecurity.
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by noetic(m): 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2009
davidylan:

are you surprised? they need "quotes" from men like this to validate their own insecurity.
no mind them.

manmustwac:

The day when the african millions will stop praying for an imaginary God to come down from Heaven to solve thier problems and decide to hold their leaders to accountability is the day Africa will start to move forward

manmustwack smiley
grin grin grin grin grin grin

is africa the only continent with problems? u can humour urself.
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 06, 2009
I wonder which "god" the north koreans are busy with. Anyone know?
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by mazaje(m): 12:11am On Apr 07, 2009
davidylan:

I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the evolutionists idea of the origin of earth and man

-David

there are SO many christians that believe in evolution you goon and you are in NO way a better christian than them, go write a book debunking all the claims of evolution and prove to your fellow christians that believe it how stupid and foolish they are for holding such beliefs. . . . .

davidylan:

grin grin grin look who is talking, on the other hand you believe in the words and imaginations of ancient tribal savages to validate your own insecurity and miserable life eh? if your tribe were alive and living close to the land of the anceint jews your tribe would have long been wiped off the map. . . . . idiot. . . . .
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 12:36am On Apr 07, 2009
noetic:

no mind them.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

is africa the only continent with problems? u can humour urself.
Africa is the only continent where people believe that prayers rather than actions will solve thier problems. Actions speak louder than prayers words.
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29am On Apr 07, 2009
"Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a fantasy." - Charles Darwin

(The Life and Letters of Charles Darwin, 1887, Vol. 2, p. 229)
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

"Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a fantasy." - Charles Darwin

(The Life and Letters of Charles Darwin, 1887, Vol. 2, p. 229)
Yeah i for once i agree with you OLAADEGBU Charles Darwin is right. He devoted himself to Christianity which is a fantasy isn't it?  smiley smiley smiley
Re: Greatest Atheist Quotes by manmustwac(m): 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2009
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned

-Unknown

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hell Exists Because God Loves You / Mike Bamiloye Shares Story On His 33rd Marital Engagement Anniversary (Photos) / The Anti Christ Is Tb Joshua Pls Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.