Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,252 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (66200 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Sanjayd1(f): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2015
johnwell:

God bless you, I recommended the same movie to her.

Thanks for quoting me. I didn't even get the title right. OP, its "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor "
Ayin Eka, e tie didie?
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2015
megastu:
Her's is different. Her's is pure lust.

I expected ninety-nine percent of guys here to conclude it was lust. When you don't know how to empathize with others you gleefully treat them with an iron fist.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2015
My dear, marriage is all about discipline & contentment. If you leave your fiance, call off the wedding & go with the new guy, you'd always come across someone else you want in the course of your marriage & the cycle will repeat itself again.

You have a man you've been with for 5 years, you love him, until recently when things started to become a little sour- that's not a very big problem. Talk to him about it. Talk, talk & talk again. You both can even see a counsellor. I'm sure you'll both wade through it. Except of course, one of you is not totally into this.

Contentment & discipline is the key. Be contented with what you have.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by broxymall(m): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2015
just here to read comment

visit my signature for your Timberland boot and watches
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Superman11(m): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2015
she don chop the guy for 5 years now she don tire for him D she wan dump am .. see her life??
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by MrzKay: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2015
Relationship is all about communication. Just try to talk it out wit ur man instead of u tinking abt dat came dat came out of nowhere.
Am married and we didn't court up to 1yr but we still live happily togeda and I LOVE HIM so very much.

FYI: am just 21 n my marriage is not up to a year.

So d key here is communication, patience and understanding. smiley wink
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2015
nnacent:
Im sure ur relation didnt court for 5yrs without major issues. Dont jst look at things frm d surface. Read what d op wrote again. Her only problem is dis normal last minute feet-dragging and a fresh feeling of love(lust) for some1 else, not some fundamental character flaw she found with her fiance. Truth is, it is easy to become bored in a lasting relationship. but my dear remain!!!

"Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety" (Proverbs 11:14).

Bored you said? My eldest sister courted for about a decade. She and her husband of today were so excited when their wedding was finally approved by my parents.

Sit there and be keep screaming "remain". I hope when issues surface tomorrow you won't come here to advocate divorce or separation.

Too many marriages are falling apart because people are constantly being encouraged and pressured to go ahead with weddings despite glaring signs of foreboding. Nobody wants them to talk about their fears and reservations.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by wunmi590(m): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.

First I would like to congratulate you for summoning courage, to pour out your mind to a public forum like this.

I am a man, and I would never deny the fact that all men have their different characters, I have being courting for like 7years now with my fiancée, who has offended me most of the time, but I never used that to change my attitude towards her, her birthday gift, christmas&new year gift is always constant even the phone she uses, I change it for her every 1year, I always do that on her birthday, not just small phones, I get her something bigger than the previous one, and it has been constant every year, not that she wants it or she's from a poor home, but I just try to do my best to make her happy, which she has been doing in return.

My advice as I have said earlier, every man has his own character, what gave you the assurance that the new guy you are talking about would not do the same or something even worst than that.

Please call your man, sit him down, cry, they are some men that are very emotional, just like me, pour out your mind, tell him what you want, let him realize what you are going through, he would definately change.

Why hide your marriage from the other guy, let him know you are getting married, and is not every guy you see you start telling your personal issue, am sure, that guy would be praying you guys break up so that he can get married to you.

I pray thing get better has you work down the aisle this weekend.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by blessingee: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2015
PastorOsamede:

"Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety" (Proverbs 11:14).

Bored you said? My eldest sister courted for about a decade. She and her husband of today were so excited when their wedding was finally approved by my parents.

Sit there and be keep screaming "remain". I hope when issues surface tomorrow you won't come here to advocate divorce or separation.

Too many marriages are falling apart because people are constantly being encouraged and pressured to go ahead with weddings despite glaring signs of foreboding. Nobody wants them to talk about their fears and reservations.

I want to disagree with you on this....This is just a case distraction, it happens to ALMOST everyone. I had a similar scenario few months to my wedding, i went ahead with my wedding and the lady i got attracted to also got married 4 months after...so its not an issue that requires a periscope...Just to add...Am now married for 5 years and i have not regretted it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by litetias(m): 9:18am On Sep 14, 2015
No be only lust na slut
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by smuth(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

[b]ok my dear, open your ear and head and shut your senses completely from this guy you just met...ask yourself this question what if this temporary feeling you have for this new guy begin to deteriorat just as the one you had with your man you spent 5 years with? That means you are gonna be wasting 10 years and possible more unless you stick with your man and keep the fire burning just as when you guys started dating. The good thing is that you are admitting its your fault for not given your man the necessary attention. Firstly, If na jazz the new guy dey use for you you better go to the Lord in prayer before enemy of progress get hold of your life. Secondly, if na spiritual problem dey disturb you you better go for deliverance. On a final note, lust is temporal and leads to distruction while love is everlasting and leads to happiness. So
use your brain and choose which you will prefer.

If you truly love the man you are about to wed next month NO DEMON can make you shift your attention unless if the new man himself is a devils advocate, so my sister pack your slippers and tear race commot from the new guy and delete his number from your phone, you can politely tell him not to call your number again that your wedding is next month.

I don talk my own...you suppose pay me for this advice self.[/b]

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ofoka: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2015
You are a materialistic distracted person QED
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by litetias(m): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2015
Sanjayd1:

Thanks for quoting me. I didn't even get the title right. OP, its "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor "
Ayin Eka, e tie didie?

I hope you're not insinuating that she will end up like that lady with HIV et al?
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by johnnday222(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2015
d devil u knw they say is better than the angel u don't knw.do u just say u'hv been wit ur husband to.b 4 5yrs n 1 guy come frm anoda world according to u n u hvn doubt nw.nw if u switch side nw n after lik 1-2yrs nw u discover he has a family even b4 u met,u wil b wailing dat men r evil abi.keep dreaming o.
I guess d new guy is loaded cos dat wot women call luv,bt u shud also remember money is nt everything.

a word is enuf for d wise.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by 2termz(m): 9:30am On Sep 14, 2015
Hate dem hoes..Bunch of f*****g betrayals cryHate dem hoes..Bunch of f*****g betrayals
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by unuane1(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2015
To me I believe the Op is not mentally ripe for marriage and also maybe she's not ready yet for such commitment call marriage. She don't even know what she want yet and truly I really feel for the fiance. She's surely lusting after the new guy. My advice @ Op marriage is not meant for kids like u pls grow up before considering marriage again because clearly u are not ready mentally and otherwise. Men are truly in trouble with ur kind around. I really sorry for ur fiance he obviously don't deserve someone like u.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Pamelayoung: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2015
MrPeterson:
I think you are the problem here . You,ve been with him for 5years , planning to marry yet you are busy giving someone else ur attention.
You want to change ur mind cos u met someone else ? Maybe just for 2month .
Hmm i guess he is richer than ur suppose husband to be .

You might be at d losing end if care is not taken .

Luvly pics!

Oko won lo de
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2015
vizkiz:
you see what I keep saying?

"Hoes everywhere" undecided
you see what i keep saying?"likes everywhere"
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Pamelayoung: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2015
Pls go ahead with ur marriage don't let d side dude distract u.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by beey4u(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2015
Helo,you've heard many opinions.wat I will say is pls take your time very becos dis decision is a once in a lifetime decision,it a decision u have to live with for the rest of your life.my advice is take only the decision u can live with.i believe u know wat u want.Al d very best.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:41am On Sep 14, 2015
Tashaamania:

The nonentity might turn out to be Mr. right. I'm just saying..
She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.
"....Anyone can pretend for any length of time"....You mean someone can pretend to be what he/she is not for over 5yrscome on...that's bullpoo!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2015
Amhappy:
If you can keep away emotion for a while my advice will be as follows

Retreat: Stop talking to your new found love for a while,form busy. This will help the wine to clear for some time.
Pray: Talk to God about this
Dream: Paint your dream man and put down the qualities you need in a man.
Grade: Pick a pen and paper and write the names of these men. Grade them on these qualities and score. Keep away sentiments ooo
Discuss: Share with another person, an older married woman preferably.

NB: This second man is yet to proposed so do not conclude that he wants to marry you.
What is causing the communication barrier between you and your first man?

This is so on point .
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by braine(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2015
bukatyne:

The funny thing is that he might know about her wedding plans and be luring her with 'wedding' so that he can 'chop and clean mouth'.

Some guys do this. May God forgive us.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by emperorchedda(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2015
queenfav:
Its very simple..You are not ready for marriage yet.Being with a guy for 100 years doesn't make you emotionally mature enough to handle the commitment of marriage.This is why I tell my friends I am not ready for marriage now.In your mid 20's you are still stuck up on the mills and boons inspired romantic fantasies of a 'perfect' man somewhere.My advice,call off the wedding.Anyways,I blame bellanaija weddings for making it look like getting married is all about the proposal drama,cute engagement ring and lavish wedding ceremony.Its not my dear..I am single but I can tell you authoritatively that marriage isn't as easy as its cracked up to be.It takes work,a total decision to stick with your partner and guidance from God.just face it,have you asked yourself why you even accepted his proposal?Is it because you have dated for 5 years and its only natural to get married?Or maybe because he is ripe for marriage ie has a job,his own apartment and the whole nine.Personally I don't think you even know the meaning of commitment.Its sticking to a person,through great and not so great times..Be honest,you stopped loving your fiance a very long time ago.If not,chance no go dey to even meet the new guy.I am in a relationship,and I keep just platonic male frnds that I discuss my career with.No time to waste in smiling over a guy saying 'good morning beautiful' and other sweet rubbish to me.Not when I have a committed relationship relationship.You created the allowance in your heart to fall for the new guy.Biko,I repeat you are not ready for marriage.I see you to be a lady who wants fun,experience and the thrill of being with other guys.Please do that if it would hit you with a healthy dose of reality.All this advice will not sink in cos deep down you want to be with the new guy.Even your fiance is tired too..a man that can go a week ..then 3 months without calling you simply doesn't love you!!!That's a fact.Just do what would make you happy.That's what counts.Sometimes you'll win,sometimes you'll lose.But more importantly you'll learn!
You must have gotten a lot of experience to be this wise. I'm amazed people like you still exist. Girls like to play smart and keep admirers as 'options' so they will see a man to fall on when their relationship falls. They fail to realize relationship is all about risks, that one day they may fall into temptation with one of the 'options'
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2015
Platnum1:
Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.
Absolutely...it's a shame that she's been in a serious relationship for over 5years yet she's still considering other "options"
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Empedocles(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2015
Now lemme tell you marriage is not as romantic as dating,for the fact that you dated him for five years of cos it won't b as spicy as it was at the beginning which is normal,u̶̲̥̅̊ ve sin his bad and good syd.This guy u̶̲̥̅̊ just met do u̶̲̥̅̊ knw his last name?is it because he z richer of month gudluking.The worse part is when you find out he z ūя̲̅ husbands friend and this is just a test you re already failing.OMG! What if you were already married b4 meeting dis nu guy,bita 2ruth=I strongly pray against meeting a woman lyk u̶̲̥̅̊...u̶̲̥̅̊ are kinda a shame to tru woman hood
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by smuth(m): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2015
Mariecakes:
Little doubts days, weeks or a month b4 wedding is quite normal... but big doubts, disconnection and less communication is not normal..you might have all these because of the new guy you just met...talk to your Old guy, try figure where things went wrong, he just might feel the same way as you do n it will be easier to end it now....or you can Find out what happened n fix it

Did you not read the part where she admitted she is the reason behind the disconnection? As long as her husband to be has not shown any sign of disconnection she should not even bring the matter up with him cuz the outcome could be more diverstating, she is the problem here not the husband to be or the new guy, her head is so messed up she needs to visit a carpenter so that several planks can be administered to her head.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ajimega: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2015
vizkiz:
you see what I keep saying?

"Hoes everywhere" undecided
You can just shut your mouth
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by donbabade: 10:12am On Sep 14, 2015
Ori e ko pe!
Hard truth
What happens when u meet someone else after 5 years with the new guy?
Lady it happen us all. Reason for most adultery case we hear about.
My dear God ll give u a happy home. Leave distraction alone.
Marriage is about taking crap. The decision is to decide whose crap u can live with for life.
Squig:

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Martyr601: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2015
Send me an email..
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ipain: 10:15am On Sep 14, 2015
Martyr601:
Send me an email..
drop your email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / ‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.