Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy (34609 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy-5 Years Down The Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by realpastor: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2009
Chief d,you absolutely correct. Comfort pls repent,worship and serve God not chris oyakhilome.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by zaliya(f): 11:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
Which is more miraculous? That a blind man that could not see from birth is suddenly able to see? or A healed blind man being able to identify mere colors? I mean this is no issue. That's why its called a MIRACLE- THE SUPERNATURAL INTERVENTION OF GOD IN EVERY SITUATION.
We could as well go ahead to explain the science behind:

1. Jesus turning water into wine, (WHERE DID THE WATER GET THE QUALITITY OF BEING CALLED WINE?)
2. Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead after FOUR days, (HOW DID HE GET BACK HIS FLESH FROM)
3. The parting of the RED SEA, (HOW DID THE RED SEA DIVIDE? SCEINTIFICALLY IS IT POSSIBLE)
4. Or even, YOUR BEING ALIVE TODAY BY MERELY BREATHING IN OXYGEN WHICH YOU CANNOT EVEN SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brothers and Sisters, if you can explain it, then it ceases to be called a MIRACLE!!!
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by vwvw(m): 1:48am On Apr 07, 2009
well said.But then d churches biggest folly is financial greed-firstfruit 4 a start.Simply maverick
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by rasputinn(m): 8:16am On Apr 07, 2009
:-x :-x :-x
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by maddock(m): 8:30am On Apr 07, 2009
@vwvw
well said.But then d churches biggest folly is financial greed-firstfruit 4 a start.Simply maverick.

Did anyone force you to pay your firstfruit,tithes etc?
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by vwvw(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2009
@maddoc. Got no problem wt tithes and offerin bt 1st fruit is a scam.Y pick out 1 anachronistic jewish feast & leave out d rest.Tis stuf lik this martin luther fought in d reform.And u dont have 2 be forced very true.Also falsehood doesnt
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by vwvw(m): 10:56am On Apr 07, 2009
@maddoc. Got no problem wt tithes and offerin bt 1st fruit is a scam.Y pick out 1 anachronistic jewish feast & leave out d rest.Tis stuf lik this martin luther fought in d reform.And u dont have 2 be forced very true.Also falsehood doesnt
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by Africankel(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2009
Thank you Lord! Just witting a space of 3 days this topic has entered its 5th page. Pastor Chris is really making news. These stories are no longer new, we've heard them for years. And like they always say, "its time we do something about this" and they never do anything! Ha! You know what? We are bigger than them. I've been on and off SA and never heard of such nonsence. Being with Pastor all they way and he was never embarrased anywhere in the world. You so called religious groups should sit down and delibrate on whatever they like, we are moving forward and making progress. We Own the world. Ha! (No offences, just plain truth)

Some guy was talking about suits, blackberry and the likes, I wonder why he aint using a 3310 rather than an E90 he's putting up for sale on the Tech Market.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by hubreality(m): 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2009
Africankel:

Thank you Lord! Just witting a space of 3 days this topic has entered its 5th page. Pastor Chris is really making news. These stories are no longer new, we've heard them for years. And like they always say, "its time we do something about this" and they never do anything! Ha! You know what? We are bigger than them. I've been on and off SA and never heard of such nonsence. Being with Pastor all they way and he was never embarrased anywhere in the world. You so called religious groups should sit down and delibrate on whatever they like, we are moving forward and making progress. We Own the world. Ha! (No offences, just plain truth)

Some guy was talking about suits, blackberry and the likes, I wonder why he aint using a 3310 rather than an E90 he's putting up for sale on the Tech Market.

@Africankel, greetings in the matchless Name of Jesus. Did you observe that also.

grin grin grin  Funny writeups(title) and funny people. Thank God, Pastor Chris is daily touching many more lives through God's word and the evident ministry of the Holy Spirit. Never was he harrassed at the airport in South Africa and all those false writeups mixed with facts. Haba! Nawa for people oooh!

Many funny false headlines/titles on my beloved Pastor Chris will still come up. Any topic on him attracts mega forum views. Very interesting and all glory to our Lord Jesus Christ.

The more they say/write these false stuffs about him and Christ Embassy the more God's grace to reachout to the ends of the earth is multiplied, even on the internet. They only have mouth here in the forums sitting in front of their various PCs, hitting hard on their keyboards. Be a blessing to people around you and stop parading false rumours and writeups.

Be Wise! Dwell and Show Love
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by kenny888: 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2009
Just be decieving yourselves,why did NBC stop the airing of your chris staged managed miracles? Be defending him. All i know is that CHRIS OYAKHILOME is fake,a 419er,and a lier.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by hubreality(m): 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2009
LoveWorld Christian Network(LCN) is covering wider and better across the globe. So many souls from more than 50 countries whom God's word demonstrated by the power of the Holy Spirit will not agree to participate in the staged miracles of your assumptions and vain imaginations. I thank God for NBC, you know there's always a better opportunity in every seemingly odds. Walk in Love broda. No live/true/real proofs of these vain imaginations of staged miracles.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by ugonna245(m): 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2009
sometimes i read what people post on nairaland and laugh. you should all know that south africans have a natural hatred for nigerians even though we did a lot for them back during the apartheid era. i remember i schooled with some of them in secondary school and they were a very lazy bunch. what they love is booze and women. so this story from south africa might be nothing more that a pull him down story formulated to bring another nigerian down.

i don't know why most african countries are afraid of nigerians! is it because we are a nation of hardworking individuals? i do not belong to the CE family but this story has a false ring to it.

remember a thief without opportunity to steal considers himself a honest man!

1 Like

Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by anietiez1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 07, 2009
D question we should ask is does God empower people to perform miraculous healings today?

while its true that the true God Jehovah has the power to heal and can give such power to his worshippers as indicated during the time of the apostles. confirm this in Pauls text in 1 corinthians 12:4-11

however, paul also wrote in tha same letter to the Corinthians that the miraculous gifts of God's holy spirit would end. he said:"whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with' wheteher there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away wit" 1 corinthians 13:8

the fact is that during the first centry, miracculous healings were performed by Jesus Christ and his apostles. at that time in Christian history, the gifts of the spirit, including the ability to perform healings, were for the glory of 'God and were a sign of Jehovah's approval and  blessing on the young Christian congregation. but once mature or fully
established, tather than pointing to special gifts, the christian congeregation would point to its display of unswerving faith, hope, and love as evidence of God's approval. John 13:35;1 corinthians 13:13

with the death of the apostles , at about the year 100 C.E, miraculous healings as a mark of Gods favor ceased. also the transmittal of the gifts ended, and the miraculous gifts of the spirit ceased altogether as those who had received these gifts died.

when confronted with stories of miraculous cures, why not ask yourself: "is this report factual? is there documented, clinical evidence to support the claim? and even if there did seem to be a cure, does the Bible teach that God is responsible for all occurerences that appear to be miraculous healings?"

the answer to my last question is particularly important. jesus cautioned his followers: "be on the watch for the false prohets,  many will say to me in that day "lord, lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?" and yet then i will confess to them: i never knew you! get away from me, you workers of lawlwssness."

clearly, so called miraculous healing can come from a source other than God. to avoid being deceivedby those who claim to gain accurate knowledge of God, to use our God hiven ability to reason, and to learn how to identify those who are doing his will. Matthew 7:16-19 John 17:3 Romans 12:1,2

on the side, remember that when Moses miraculously created a snake wit Gods power, by throwing his staff on the ground, the magic practicing priests of Egypt were able to perform the same feat. Did God give them the power? Certainly not for the Bible says that God is not a God of confusion but of order.1 Corinthians 14:33

also any church that asks you for a tithe and stipulate it as a requirement should be questioned as tithe was a requirement for the nation of Israel, the Jews, part of the mosaic law, and does apply to Christians.the bible clearly states that giving should be (2 Corinthians 9:7) . . .Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. no compulsory 10percent

this is my personal observation. my classmate who recently joined ce has seriously dropped her grades. we just finishe our mock exams and her result was just terrible. why? she spend so much time in her church as a cell leader and stuff. goes to church literally daily and for a minimum of two hours. comes back tired and cant study. Jesus said thissadMatthew 11:28-30) . . .Come to me, all YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU. 29 Take my yoke upon YOU and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find refreshment for YOUR souls. 30 For my yoke is kindly and my load is light. . ,  her yoke is certainly not light! that put a question mark on ,

ps. if you have any bibilical questions, feel free to ask me!
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by nzeaji(m): 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2009
na -waoh. really weird. all this while, what were the members thinking? sad sad sad sad
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by zaliya(f): 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2009
@Aniette

Receive understanding and spiritual Enlightenment right now in JESUS' NAME. BRAKATA RABRAKATAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I prophecy to you that your spiritual blind eyes be opened to see that there are REAL MIRACLES TODAY in JESUS MATCHLESS NAME (Amen).

If that same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, that same Spirit shall revitalize your mortal body,

RECEIVE IT RIGHT NOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by segyemaro(m): 10:24am On Apr 08, 2009
Anietie z,you have realy spoken well,i appreciate your knowledge.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by fyneguy: 11:24am On Apr 08, 2009
anietie z:

D question we should ask is does God empower people to perform miraculous healings today?

while its true that the true God Jehovah has the power to heal and can give such power to his worshippers as indicated during the time of the apostles. confirm this in Pauls text in 1 corinthians 12:4-11

however, paul also wrote in tha same letter to the Corinthians that the miraculous gifts of God's holy spirit would end. he said:"whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with' wheteher there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away wit" 1 corinthians 13:8

the fact is that during the first centry, miracculous healings were performed by Jesus Christ and his apostles. at that time in Christian history, the gifts of the spirit, including the ability to perform healings, were for the glory of 'God and were a sign of Jehovah's approval and  blessing on the young Christian congregation. but once mature or fully
established, tather than pointing to special gifts, the christian congeregation would point to its display of unswerving faith, hope, and love as evidence of God's approval. John 13:35;1 corinthians 13:13

with the death of the apostles , at about the year 100 C.E, miraculous healings as a mark of Gods favor ceased. also the transmittal of the gifts ended, and the miraculous gifts of the spirit ceased altogether as those who had received these gifts died.

when confronted with stories of miraculous cures, why not ask yourself: "is this report factual? is there documented, clinical evidence to support the claim? and even if there did seem to be a cure, does the Bible teach that God is responsible for all occurerences that appear to be miraculous healings?"

the answer to my last question is particularly important. jesus cautioned his followers: "be on the watch for the false prohets,  many will say to me in that day "lord, lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?" and yet then i will confess to them: i never knew you! get away from me, you workers of lawlwssness."

clearly, so called miraculous healing can come from a source other than God. to avoid being deceivedby those who claim to gain accurate knowledge of God, to use our God hiven ability to reason, and to learn how to identify those who are doing his will. Matthew 7:16-19 John 17:3 Romans 12:1,2

on the side, remember that when Moses miraculously created a snake wit Gods power, by throwing his staff on the ground, the magic practicing priests of Egypt were able to perform the same feat. Did God give them the power? Certainly not for the Bible says that God is not a God of confusion but of order.1 Corinthians 14:33

also any church that asks you for a tithe and stipulate it as a requirement should be questioned as tithe was a requirement for the nation of Israel, the Jews, part of the mosaic law, and does apply to Christians.the bible clearly states that giving should be (2 Corinthians 9:7) . . .Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. no compulsory 10percent

this is my personal observation. my classmate who recently joined ce has seriously dropped her grades. we just finishe our mock exams and her result was just terrible. why? she spend so much time in her church as a cell leader and stuff. goes to church literally daily and for a minimum of two hours. comes back tired and cant study. Jesus said thissadMatthew 11:28-30) . . .Come to me, all YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU. 29 Take my yoke upon YOU and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find refreshment for YOUR souls. 30 For my yoke is kindly and my load is light. . ,  her yoke is certainly not light! that put a question mark on ,

ps. if you have any bibilical questions, feel free to ask me!

Hmmm typical Jehovah Witness belief.

How could a CHRISTIAN (For God's sake!) interprete what Paul said in such an annoying way!

Is it so hard for some christians to consult with the holyspirit? What sorts of christians are these!

I'm sad. sad
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2009
@fyneguy,
You're very right there. Some people find it very difficult to consult with the Holy Spirit.

Luke 6:26: Woe unto you when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

People speaking evil of Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy are only endorsing the fact that he has a message from above. If only they knew what the Bible said about them, then they probably would try some other techniques.

@anietie z,
So are you saying that every miracle nowadays is fake?

The devil misinterpreted the Bible (though deliberately). He asked Jesus to jump down and quoted the part about angels catching him when he falls, so he wouldn't strike his foot against stones.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by Africankel(m): 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ anietie z
I am sorry if you see this as an insult (I love you), but please SHUT UP and stop misinterpriting the scriptures.
I command the eyes of your understanding be open in the name of Jesus! May the rays (photizo) be turned on in your spirit, such that you will have insight while studying the scriptures. May you be a withness of the miraculous. Are You ready? TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the power of the Holy Ghost!

@Kenny
We are so happy that we were stopped by NBC in viewing miracles, it was a stepping stone for us, Pharasee Federation of Nigeria (PFN) thinks because we REFUSE to join their fold, they can fraustrate us, what they forget is that you cannot fraustrate the grace of God on a man's life. They provoked us to have the first Christian Network to transmitt from Africa to the rest of the world. What a Promotion!
I'll also advice that you go to TV stations accross the country and make a reaserch, they are BEGGING, yes I mean BEGGING us to come air on their stations. Quote me anywhere! Didnt you notice the miracles are back on TV?
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by morpheus24: 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2009
Get that Damn ministry out of SA. They don't need them there.

Another money ploy at its best in the name of religion.

Miracle my ass!
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by kay7: 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2009
LET EACH ONE EXAMINE HIM/HER SELF AND ASK FOR GRACE TO MAKE HEAVEN. SALVATION IS IN NO OTHER THAN IN JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR AND ONLY HIM SHOULD WE LOOK UNTO AS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH.
LETS LEAVE MEN OF GOD FOR GOD AND LETS PRAY TO MAKE HEAVEN , THEN WE CAN LOOK OUT FOR THE MEN OF GOD AND KNOW WHICH ONE IS TRUE. FOR NOW, WE DO NOT NEED THE INFORMATION. BE SAVED FIRST AND FAST.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by fyneguy: 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2009
Africankel:

@ anietie z
I am sorry if you see take this as an insult (I love you), but please SHUT UP and stop misinterpriting the scriptures.
I command the eyes of your understanding be open in the name of Jesus! May the rays (photizo) be turned on in your spirit, such that you will have insight while studying the scriptures. May you be a withness of the miraculous. Are You ready? TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the power of the Holy Ghost!

@Kenny
We are so happy that we were stopped by NBC in viewing miracles, it was a stepping stone for us, Pharasee Federation of Nigeria (PFN) thinks because we REFUSE to join their fold, they can fraustrate us, what they forget is that you cannot fraustrate the grace of God on a man's life. They provoked us to have the first Christian Network to transmitt from Africa to the rest of the world. What a Promotion!
I'll also advice that you go to TV stations accross the country and make a reaserch, they are BEGGING, yes I mean BEGGING us to come air on their stations. Quote me anywhere! Didnt you notice the miracles are back on TV?

You are right on point, sister!

They aint seen nothing yet. Their problem is that they'd rather we live as mere men but we chose to be kings and queens.

Let them keep throwing missiles, and we'll keep getting promoted.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by kerrisllc: 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2009
Christ embassy is a DEN of criminals, Bravo pastor Chris for breeding criminals like you. I will have TO GO TO Christ embassy, I need money, maybe I can help them dramatize a fake miracle, I am a good actor
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by londonbwoi(m): 2:09am On Apr 09, 2009
why does every one hate Pastor Chris. Nevertheless Jesus did say Christians will be persecuted. I once used to be on of those who constantly critisied Christ Embassy but now i realise that God is really using Pastor Chris to change peoples lives

Also most ChristEmbassy Pastors that live financially stable lives work. For example my Pastor is an accountant and my aunt who is a Pastor owns a media training company.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by spikytang(m): 2:51am On Apr 09, 2009
may god help us
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by paulipopo(m): 4:10am On Apr 09, 2009
Whether the worshipers of chris oyakhilome like it or not a fraudster like himself will be identified by his fruits.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by maddock(m): 9:35am On Apr 09, 2009
@ londonbwoi
Point of correction broda,its not everybody that hates Pastor Chris its just some few insignificant ones on a special mission by the devil who is their failed master.

@kenny
About the NBC ban, if only you were a member of Christ Embassy you would have been amaze by the response of Pastor Chris and the results today.
Pastor Chris said the ban can only hurt us as a ministry if this work is not of God and he went on to say any body that does not want Atmosphere for Miracle the program will outlive that person. Danladi Bako that was the Chairman of NBC is he still there today?.They said take AFM out of all stations and this order is from ABUJA, but today AFM is in ABUJA. To tell you the truth b4 the NBC saga CEC does not have stations either in Nigeria or outside,but today we have our own sattelite station,terrestial stations in countries all over the whole, television stations in Nigeria, go the commercial department of MITV (that is owned by a core Muslim top personality) and find out how they value CEC. TV stations are on their kneels begging CEC to come and put their programmes on their stations.
I remember the MOG said something about any station not having our program being stationARY and thats exactly the situation. AIT tried messing up some time again,immediately the program was stopped AIT operations grounded to a halt. Problems left,right and center. Does that not tell us something.

The outcry in SA is borne out of sheer envy and jealousy, the Coca Cola Dome in South Africa has never been filled to capacity by any activities or event, Pastor Chris went there the first time and it was packed out with several overflows. God is looking for peoplle to brag with and he has found a lot of MOG of which Pastor Chris is among. We should be proud of these great MOG (adeboye, oyedepo,joshua,oyakhilome etc) who has garnered international respect from a country the world thinks nothing good can come out of from.

FOR ALL YOU HATERS YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING YET CHRIST EMBASSY HAS NOT EVEN STARTED WE ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD AND I ONLY BUT SAY WATCH OUT.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by kenny888: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2009
All of you have sweet mouth like chris the king of the forty thieves. Bako of NBC completed his tenure be he left, so your chris dont have any single anointing,what he has is just anointing to dupe, lie and decieve. So you can sax watever you like in his defence. That guy is a bloody fake and thief and it runs in their family. HE IS FAKE P-E-R-I-O-D
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by Africankel(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2009
Everyman to his own opinion, I am glad to be associated with Chris Oyaks. And I'm blessed for it. Dont care what you critics think or say. You can talk all you want, but we are moving forward and making progress by the minute.
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by kenny888: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2009
Do you call these mess moving forward? SHINE YOUR EYESSS
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by anietiez1(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2009
cheesy at fyneguy, alright, please interprete the scripture(what paul said ) properly, i guess its annoying cos its strikes ur belief

note this:many of us go to our churches because they tell us what we want to hear(prosperity, miracles, fire, death to your enemies and the like), not necessarily what the Bible really teaches. see what the Apostle Paul said about such ones at (2 Timothy 4:3-4) . . .For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.

we should all think carefully, does this description fit us? why do we associate with a particular church? is it because it holds promises of material gain, we observe that its members are affluent, or it touts miracle working abilities? what is ur real motive?
Re: South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy by fyneguy: 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2009
ANietie

Sorry to disappoint you. I have decided not to engage in arguments with Jehova witness people.

Even if we were to go by your interpretation of what Paul said, did he say the gift of healing and others would go away with the apostles? Where is it in the bible that these gifts would no more be available when the apostles died?

If they must cease, why must it be immediately the apostles died?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Samuel Uche: Pastor Fatoyinbo And Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation, Foolish / Why Do I Keep Slapping Guys In My Dreams? (Dream Interpretation) / Lady Mocks Women Who Think Attachment Is A Sin But Use Wool To Make Their Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.