Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much (27362 Views)

Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House / Calabar Girl And Her Amaricana Boyfriend Smokes Crazy In The Abuja Club (photo) / Nigerian Groom-to-be Smokes In The Toilet For Prewedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by prettysassygirl(f): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:
I met my boyfriend online. We were in a long distance relationship for a 2 months before I moved back to his town.
Before we met, he told me he smoked cigarettes but socially. I was ok with that. I thought that If he needed a cigar to calm his nerves , its alright. I do not smoke.

After we met, It turns out that he's a chain smoker. He takes at least 3 packs of cigarettes a day. After a month of dating him, I just couldn't take it anymore. After we visit each other, I reek of cigarettes. My clothes, my purses, my hair, the bed-sheet. Everything stinks. Sometimes I have to re-do my laundry. He smokes inside the house and car so the smoke is directly on me .

I talked to him about this. I told him that the smoke stinks everywhere up so bad and that I have to wash my clothes after I visit him. He got really mad and we didnt talk for days.

I love my boyfriend but I cannot take the smoking. Its also starting to affect him medically , his teeth is rotten and he coughs chronically. I tell him to stop at least for his health and he starts to give examples of non-smokers who died early or smokers who live long.

I am at my wits end because everything and everywhere stink and cigarette butts are everywhere.

How do I tell him to stop?? Or do you think its time to end the relationship.

pls hun leave d relationship
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by EzeeYFB(m): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

Actually, my boyfriend is a very good man. He is very down to earth and respectful. He will never ever punch me. He helps around the house, he cooks for himself and even helps do my hair. He is perfect. Its just sad that he has this addiction. Please do not insult him.

This is the reason why I am confused about the smoking because that's his only flaw. Its a really bad flaw but he's a very good man and i wish I could help him.

refer him to the church Of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, by the time learns about the effects on him and his family, he wil rethink and be grateful to God for u in his life.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Benoxvals(m): 1:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

his teeth is completely bad and he has really bad cough. The effect of smoking is showing

You shouldn't leave him..try and help him cos u said you love him and if he detests your help only then can you walk away after you must have complained to one of his friends.
Smoking is not really good reason to abandon a relationship.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by tobiogunboye(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
because of d Love u hav for Him, Stay with him, Die with him, enjoy d smoke together...Love is blind nah

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
Pictures of him smoking or adonbilivit sad
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
grin he is an addict, they'll always give reasons to justify their actions, its either you try your very best to stop him or reduce his intake, it's gonna be very hard but it's not impossible. If he loves you enough he will make a little change, in the history of addicts women has always been the reason for their turn around except you feel you are not equal to the task ahead then you can take the easiest way out. You still got a decision to make smiley
jumanche:

your friend just reminded me of him. He says his healthy and that even non-smokers die young. He will start talking abut smokers whom he knew that live long. Excuses and Excuses and delusion.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Eddygrate: 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
Good Afternoon Sir/Madam we are glad to inform you about our fumigation promo, fumigant your house/office against Bed Bugs,mosquito,cockroaches,Rat,Ant,Tremite,Spider etc at affordable price
For More info Please Contact
SPOTLESS SHINE SERVICES
25 mabawonku Stresst oworonshoki Lagos
Tel:07033491967
Email:Spotless.shinec@gmail.com

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by terry2kd(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
wink angry[left][/left]
say buy buy oo wink cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by wizard007(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
You're welcome bro. Nice input.

CaptPlanet:

Thanks a lot bro! I appreciate smiley

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by emmariba(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
The guy na real chimney
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
You cannot change him....
You either accept his smoking habits or you move on_
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by iamdapsyj(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
trigar12:
In Yoruba land, we will describe your bf as SANGO grin

Now this got me grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by phefo12345(m): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
If you all starts condemning addicted peeps,who's going to help them change...bae if you love him change him!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by gbens2000(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ha lie abeg abeg.3packs a day? Na chimney him be?aba mana.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by SaviorJenvini(m): 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
If you Love him, do nothing but the best to help him and when you've done that and he doesn't seem to flow, WALK ON BY(in Great WHITNEY HOUSTON's Power-Packed-Voice)
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by jpphilips(m): 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:
I met my boyfriend online. We were in a long distance relationship for a 2 months before I moved back to his town.
Before we met, he told me he smoked cigarettes but socially. I was ok with that. I thought that If he needed a cigar to calm his nerves , its alright. I do not smoke.

After we met, It turns out that he's a chain smoker. He takes at least 3 packs of cigarettes a day. After a month of dating him, I just couldn't take it anymore. After we visit each other, I reek of cigarettes. My clothes, my purses, my hair, the bed-sheet. Everything stinks. Sometimes I have to re-do my laundry. He smokes inside the house and car so the smoke is directly on me .

I talked to him about this. I told him that the smoke stinks everywhere up so bad and that I have to wash my clothes after I visit him. He got really mad and we didnt talk for days.

I love my boyfriend but I cannot take the smoking. Its also starting to affect him medically , his teeth is rotten and he coughs chronically. I tell him to stop at least for his health and he starts to give examples of non-smokers who died early or smokers who live long.

I am at my wits end because everything and everywhere stink and cigarette butts are everywhere.

Dont leave him but Save for his burial.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Damianking(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Can we work out a maths here....... Chain smoker ,at least three packs a day. OK let agree it's three packs a day. So three pack a day, six pack two days. 1, 2, 3 till 31 days . So 3 x 31 = 93. So 93 packs in a month. Now how many is in a pack, 20 piece in a pack. So 20 x 3 = 60. 60 sticks of cigarettes a day.

A month is 93 packs x 12 months = 1,116 packs a year.

60 sticks x 31 days = 1,860 sticks a month.

So 1,860 sticks x 12 months = 22,320 sticks in a year.

Grand total 22,320 sticks of cigarettes na ya guy dey consume a year.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
dump him.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by yemmat2008(m): 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
Are you curious about the benefits of water exercise? Ever ask yourself, "Why swim?" Well, look no further! Below are some answers to that question!

Why is exercise IN the water better than OUT of the water?

Buoyancy:  This water property allows people to do exercises that are difficult on land.  90 % of your body is buoyant when in the water up to your neck, so you are not hitting the floor as hard as you would on land.  No pounding or jarring!
Resistance:  There is continual resistance to every move you make.  The water offers 12% - 14% more resistance than when you exercise on land.  Resistance does not allow for sudden body movements.
Cooling Effects:  Water disperses heat more efficiently, so there is less chance of overheating.  The water continuously cools the body.  Exercise in the water is cooler and more comfortable than it is on land.
Why do people exercise in the water?

Fitness:  Getting or keeping in shape.  Remember that you cannot just waddle back and expect great results.  Improving your fitness depends on how much energy you use.
Therapeutic:  Helping people recover from accidents and sickness.  Combating the aging process.
Social:  Meeting and being with other people.  You can talk to others as you water exercise.  Workout facing your partner or side-by-side.  Meet new people, too!
Stress Release:  Gives you a chance to just relax and forget about work, problems, and other things.
Fun:  Enjoying the diversion.  Water exercise in a playful way and don't worry about being serious!  Laugh and enjoy it!  Water exercise is fun!
How can water exercise help the participants?

Physical Benefits

Improved flexibility and strength
Builds up endurance
Increases muscular flexibility
Muscular balance
Heart muscle becomes stronger
Improves the physique
Increases circulation
Rehabilitates muscles
Improved ability to control and maintain healthy weight
Social Benefits

Have fun
Fellowship with other people
Enjoyable - even when working hard
It is a safe program
Psychological Benefits

Helps develop a positive attitude (individually and as a group)
Contributes to a feeling of well-being
Teaches patience
Releases stress and tension
Renews energy
What exercise options are there in the water?

Water Walking:  Moving forward, backward, and sideward, using regular, short, quick, or long steps, in waist-deep or chest-deep water
Water Aerobics:  Full body rhythmic exercises conducted in shallow and/or deep water for 20 minutes or more, designed to provide cardiovascular benefits
Water Toning/Strength Toning:  Upper and lower body moves designed to strengthen, firm, and sculpt the muscles by using the resistnace of the water and/or water exercise equipment.
Flexibility Training:  Large movements using each body part's full range of motion, along with full body stretches.
Water Therapy & Rehabilitation:  Procedures in the water designed and implemented for special clinical purposes.
Water Yoga & Relaxation:  Gentle, easy-flowing moves using the water as a relaxation medium.
Deep Water Running:  Simulating land running in the water depth where the feet do not touch the bottom of the pool.  Flotation devices are used.  Various running styles, drills, and methods can be used
Wall Exercise (Deep or Shallow):  Using the pool wall for support to isolate various body parts.
Water Fitness Products:  Professional products designed and manufactured specifically for water fitness activities - for toning, strengthening, and endurance work.  Such products add variety to the class, motivate students, and create additional resistance and support.
Lap Swimming:  If the individual is a proficient swimmer, swimming back and forth using various swimming strokes is a possibility.  However, we suggest that lap swimmers also consider other forms of water exercise in addition to lap swimming
................. Learn swimming now and start having fun. 07032779661 Martins Aladdin.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by yemmat2008(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Are you curious about the benefits of water exercise? Ever ask yourself, "Why swim?" Well, look no further! Below are some answers to that question!

Why is exercise IN the water better than OUT of the water?

Buoyancy:  This water property allows people to do exercises that are difficult on land.  90 % of your body is buoyant when in the water up to your neck, so you are not hitting the floor as hard as you would on land.  No pounding or jarring!
Resistance:  There is continual resistance to every move you make.  The water offers 12% - 14% more resistance than when you exercise on land.  Resistance does not allow for sudden body movements.
Cooling Effects:  Water disperses heat more efficiently, so there is less chance of overheating.  The water continuously cools the body.  Exercise in the water is cooler and more comfortable than it is on land.
Why do people exercise in the water?

Fitness:  Getting or keeping in shape.  Remember that you cannot just waddle back and expect great results.  Improving your fitness depends on how much energy you use.
Therapeutic:  Helping people recover from accidents and sickness.  Combating the aging process.
Social:  Meeting and being with other people.  You can talk to others as you water exercise.  Workout facing your partner or side-by-side.  Meet new people, too!
Stress Release:  Gives you a chance to just relax and forget about work, problems, and other things.
Fun:  Enjoying the diversion.  Water exercise in a playful way and don't worry about being serious!  Laugh and enjoy it!  Water exercise is fun!
How can water exercise help the participants?

Physical Benefits

Improved flexibility and strength
Builds up endurance
Increases muscular flexibility
Muscular balance
Heart muscle becomes stronger
Improves the physique
Increases circulation
Rehabilitates muscles
Improved ability to control and maintain healthy weight
Social Benefits

Have fun
Fellowship with other people
Enjoyable - even when working hard
It is a safe program
Psychological Benefits

Helps develop a positive attitude (individually and as a group)
Contributes to a feeling of well-being
Teaches patience
Releases stress and tension
Renews energy
What exercise options are there in the water?

Water Walking:  Moving forward, backward, and sideward, using regular, short, quick, or long steps, in waist-deep or chest-deep water
Water Aerobics:  Full body rhythmic exercises conducted in shallow and/or deep water for 20 minutes or more, designed to provide cardiovascular benefits
Water Toning/Strength Toning:  Upper and lower body moves designed to strengthen, firm, and sculpt the muscles by using the resistnace of the water and/or water exercise equipment.
Flexibility Training:  Large movements using each body part's full range of motion, along with full body stretches.
Water Therapy & Rehabilitation:  Procedures in the water designed and implemented for special clinical purposes.
Water Yoga & Relaxation:  Gentle, easy-flowing moves using the water as a relaxation medium.
Deep Water Running:  Simulating land running in the water depth where the feet do not touch the bottom of the pool.  Flotation devices are used.  Various running styles, drills, and methods can be used
Wall Exercise (Deep or Shallow):  Using the pool wall for support to isolate various body parts.
Water Fitness Products:  Professional products designed and manufactured specifically for water fitness activities - for toning, strengthening, and endurance work.  Such products add variety to the class, motivate students, and create additional resistance and support.
Lap Swimming:  If the individual is a proficient swimmer, swimming back and forth using various swimming strokes is a possibility.  However, we suggest that lap swimmers also consider other forms of water exercise in addition to lap swimming.... Learn swimming today and start having fun with that perfect body shape that it come with. 07032779661 Martins .
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by LaJose78(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

kontinew luving him.. Anyways, gals luv bad boyz.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by TDstarr: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
TDstarr:
I understand perfectly...tell him to reduce it...tell him lovingly don't nag. Don't fight..just calm down and tell him..he should reduce it to 3sticks a day. And he should be smoking outside...soon he will get bored and stop..dats how my girlfriend made me stop smoking now I hate it with passion
not easy to stop smoking once...it has become a habit that took time to start and time it will also take to stop. Love is patience
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
See the rubbish tthat is getting to FP!
Common sense shud tell the girl that she shd forget him with no mercy! Some girls dey mumu shaa! The right guy still dey beg her somewhere ooh!

If I were to be an idi0t like this, nah to sue the guy for poisoning me gradually.
After tthe court case, I will use him as a burnt offering. He's a perfect material for that.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by teemy(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
@jumanche even before you said so i was able to deduce your guy was ok in all areas but for the addiction. try googling on how to stage an intervention. also take him for a test to know how much of his lungs remain. dr's results might put fear in him

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by teemy(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
for you to have the scent on you means you have been well exposed. you do need a test as well. maybe knowing the results of what he has done to you might prick his conscience too. if all fails then you can keep away to prolong your lifespan. cheers

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Mintycynty: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
CaptPlanet:

I kindda like your attitude about the whole thing. First you have to understand that cigarettes contains nicotine ( the substance that makes it addictive) and it's very difficult to quit so you're in for a huge task

If you really want to help him, I suggest you take some drastic measures.

Let him know that you won't visit him if he'll smoke with you around and if he does, leave his house ASAP/ do things he don't like, if he calls you let him understand that you can't stand the habit and if he really loves you, he should respect you. Deny him candy if u must (men love candy and we'll do anything to get some) That should at least cut down his smoking with you around (it's difficult but you gotta stick with it)

When this starts to work, spend more time with him, he'll reduce the way he smokes and also dispose of every packs of cigarettes around the house. Allow him some space to smoke (he can't quit abruptly)

Talk to him about it all the time, better yet NAG about it, men despise nagging. Get info on the adverse effects of smoking and show it to him, u can get pics of affected lungs off the Internet and show him. It'll stick in his subconscious mind, that should help.

Make him open up to you (men hide alot) esp how his day went, get him to trust you, don't judge him when he tell you difficult stuff, act like it's no biggie, you chics have your way with men so you should know how to get him to release all that worked up stress/emotion from a hard day.

Gradually reduce his average sticks a day (make charts with him), if he burns like 15 sticks a day, you could make it 5 a day if you go about it the right way. You can give him a treat once or twice a month, you know what he likes, like nice meal, warm bath together, seduce the living daylight out of him....use your imagination.

Finally you can get him e- cigarettes , they're healthier and more environment friendly.

PS: get him to eat a lot of fruits, let him go for detox.

I hope this helps.
All d advice I v read on dis thread is very truthful and straight 4ward but dis is d most mature and sincere advice I would give myself esp if u want 2 help ur guy and every indication shows u really love him respect and want 2 help him but just dnt know how 2 go abt it cos u keep defending him and even acknowledges his goodness. I ll advice u follow all dat captainplanet said and he ll change but if he refuses 2 change den u. R free 2 quit. But help him ist, stand by him,talk 2 him even pray 4 him and him 4 himself aswell cos d relationship r about 2 Quit may v dis lil test 4 u 2 enter ur paradise or d new one may v something more detasteful dan dis.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by mbills: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

its even more than 3 packs a day. I said at least 3 packs. We only spend few hours together a day and during that time, which is usually like 5/6 hours, he finishes 2 packs. It may be up to 5 packs a day..

i know i have to leave but i guess i was looking for a way to let him stop.

I don't believe you,are you trying to tell us that this 6 hours you spend. With him he just smokes and nothing more no good moment.?do you know what you mean by 3packs?? mehn that much and you need to leave this. Bros abeg cos there is danger

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Donpizzle(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

u mean he owns a CAR which he uses to cruise u around town??.......case closed.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by focus7: 11:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
Op if you still read this comment, I need toi say that your post shows that you are worthless and you lack class. First of all the men around (off internet) no one consider you to be worthy of a relationship until you encounter a useless chain smoker, again you are hell bent on sticking up with him in a relation for fear of being left over.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by jumanche: 12:40am On Sep 08, 2015
Donpizzle:

u mean he owns a CAR which he uses to cruise u around town??.......case closed.

I own my car and also live alone in my house (bought with my money). I don't know what you mean.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Prayer Lines Single Ladies Pray Before Stepping Out / See The Raw Porn Photos Of The Nigerian Porn Star / And Death Took Away My High School Crush Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.