Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School (40610 Views)

7 Emerging Tech Jobs That Are Going To Pay Well In 2019 / Pls Help, Am Begining To Regret Ever Giving Out 6yrs Of My Life To Education / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by delectablegyal(f): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Sheeeee wizkid go school ni? He is richer than every one that have commented on this thread.

Our educational system is only teaching us how to speak big english ntn more.

Na money sure pass jooorh.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Op and his ilks are a disgrace to the word " education". Enough of this distortion of fact and self-pity all of you non productive formally educated illiterates always exhibit at any given opportunity. For crying out loud, the world owe you nothing. For one, the fact that you took the route of tertiary formal education with hope to advance and better your life while another fellow took the route of self-education and informal education to advance and better his own life doesn't make you a better educated person and worthy citizen than the latter.

I have come to know unproductive educated illiterates for superior complex ish. As I always say, "if you can't convert your knowledge to fortune,then you are an educated illiterate-financial. Knowledge is the key power to make wealth." Also, "if you can't convert your supposed superior knowledge to job creation without waiting for someone to employ you so that you can become a parasite with sense of entitlement for fat salary which you are not ready to give equal and proportion service to earn, then you are in same class with a slowpoke only difference being that you glossed your own brainlessness with mastery of a language". Take the following from me:

- I have never seen someone that's a master to his art (procedurally not declarative) that's chronically unemployed and pauper. So, anyone out there that is chronically poor or unemployed, tell yourself truth that the reason why you're not doing good is because you do not have procedural master to your acquired art. After telling yourself this bitter truth, then consider to retrain yourself in your chosen line of art but if outdated master a new act.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Truth be told, a degree does not and will never bring money. Education might but your degree will give you nada! It's high time we stop giving some hecks about some A4 paper they call a degree. - they don't pay bills. Don't get it twisted. I have a university degree and I'm going to make sure my children get theirs but never will they rely on some fvcking job to be able to live comfortably and touch lives positively.

The richest men in the world aren't salary earners.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by firefox4th(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
The way we in nigeria over rate education is disturbing to me.simple, to me education should be defined as the ability to be able to read and write. Once you have that then pursue your vision which you think should should foot your bills in life.
All dis follow follow tins wey we dey do na hin dey cause regret.
At least being unable to go to higher institution to me doesnt potray one an illiterare.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Study what will make you self employed. Most of us that study practical oriented course are employers of labour today. The problem is lack of orientation, everyone want to study business admin, mass com, insurance, political science etc study what will make you stand alone!!!

I assume you advocate everyone should go study engineering, medicine and law.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Amhappy(f): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
BiafranNigerian:

Think money, not jobs. You can ask; How can I make money without a job ? The answer is.....You are at it. Think outside the box.

Bros Expantiate abeg. What is the way forward esp for one who does not have a good business acumen?
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by batulakarada: 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
Look at all our celebrities and politicians ...None of them went to school but they are living large and balling daily .. I weep for Nigeria .
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by jennex05(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Engrpj(m): 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

How Long have u stayed Jobless after NYSC
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

actually, you regret go to nigeria school, not going to school.

Nigeria school are not teaching or rather training you to be come something meanifull but rather dulling your intellectual capabilities.

Have you ever wonder why the politicians sons and daughters are not even schooling here?
undecided

COS the schooling system in Nigeria is a foundation of rubbish.

If any body is telling you that you are a leaders of tomorrow, stone that guy to death

5 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by fromnigeria(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:

My people the way out is the knowledge that Education naturally is not and end to a means, but a means to an end.
For me, education will be a secondary need for my children while, their inborn talent will be primary.
I made this mistake, they won't.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Ayo25: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
The fact that there are millions of graduate roaming the streets in search for a job is hardly a consolation for anyone who have not gone to school, no matter the amount of wealth he posseses, if you know what education means. That your so called rich illiterate friend will always carry with him anywhere he goes some sort of 'emptiness' in him, which no amount of wealth can fill. Education is an end in itself.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by shozillo(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:

Truth be told i have also thout like dat...infact was telling a friend that wen i left secondary sch at 15..i should have ust learn a marketable skill then...fast forward 10yrs after,i shd be a succes in dat trade!!!

EDUCATION IS EXCELLENT(maybe 4 a political appiontment 2morow or if u r Prof who can set up Private pratice) but is GOOD 2 have a marketable handiwork with it!...all in all
Start ANYTHING U WANT 2 DO EARLY!!!(Schooling,business,sport etc
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Obiwannn: 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
yak:
my broda d problem is dat d structure of our education is bad.imagine parents telling you to go to school and make good grades in order to get a good job...dat is colonial education mentality.
education should prepare for life n solving problems but here we end up cramming witout d ability to solving problems.
wat we need in Nigeria is a functional education
Exactly. D UK edu system where emphasis is placed on grades is complete rubbish. i askd a friend who just went to d US for his MSc, if he had plans of gettin a distinction. His reply was that nobody sends ur grade here, but what you know. he went on to give instances of some back benchers in his class who cant do simple calculus and who spend all d tym smoking weed, but those dudes can operate every and any equipment found in their labs.
We need to revive our vocational and technical colleges in this country.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
GodswillAJudins:

In this case, is meterlugy and material engineering ok? Cos that's the cos I was offered t0o study in futa,
You're already getting it wrong. You're thinking of the course that can fetch you money. Truth is, no course fetches money. There are intelligent doctors out there that can't boast of a million naira. Is it the many charge and bail lawyers we're talking about?

Go to school but don't rely on what school will give you (a degree) to be able to make money.

Get it right from the beginning.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
afanda:
@ OP don't feel bad. I'll advice you go back and get additional qualification if you can afford it. Like someone rightly said there's a word called "Destiny". Someday you will look back and give God the glory. I did.

For now he doesn't need adequate qualifications. He needs to have his mindset changed FIRST!
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by eghuan1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
Souljaboi1:

I do not mean to sound condescending, but if you spent 4-5 years in a University despite hearing stories of the situation in the labour market; I don't understand why you are regretting your actions now.

I believe you were hopeful that you would achieve something great with your degree after leaving school, well now that you're out you shouldn't lose hope. The struggles might be hard at first, but with determination and conscious efforts, you'll get through.

However, if you decide that regret is what you would engage yourself in now instead of taking the bull by the horn; then I have no pity for you.

You make it seem like everyone who goes to learn a trade makes it big. There is something called destiny, believing in it while doing the best you possible can would help you live a life with less regret.

talking about destiny

why do your guys always bring the issue of destiny into every problem man is faced with? are you telling me that everybody who fails has a bad destiny or failed to determine his/her destiny? Or are there people whose destinies ought to end in a sad way?

Noboby believes that he/she has a bad or unhappy Destiny, so why bring it up at all? If everybody believes his/her Destiny is good, does that not bring into possibility that Destiny has nothing to do with the outcome of ones Destiny since the so called Destiny cannot be changed?
My point is simple, if Destiny cannot ve changed, which means it cannot be controlled, why disuss it at all?
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by aleem50(m): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
Graduates are not even helping themselves,Government can not provide Jobs for all. Youths in the Developed countries like USA,England,Germany and the likes do create small business for themselves. Though Education is the best legacy and I love it but believe me brothers and sisters,it is overrated. I am still an undergraduate but I have never for once think of working under someone. Don't let us wait for government ,there isn't job out there,be an employer also instead of employee . That course you studied in the university ,you can create something out of it ,just that Government should create enabling environment for us and try to empower us with something. My opinion tho
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
Empero1:
Op and his ilks are a disgrace to the word " education". Enough of this distortion of fact and self pity all of you non productive formally educated illiterates always exhibit at any given opportunity. For crying out loud, the world owe you nothing. For one, the fact that you took the route of tertiary formal education with hope to advance and better your life while another fellow took the route of self-education and informal education to advance and better his own life doesn't make you a better educated person and worthy citizen than the latter.

I have come to know unproductive educated illiterates for superior complex ish. As I always say, "if you can't convert your knowledge to fortune,then you are an educated illiterate-financial. Knowledge is the key power to make wealth." Also, "if you can't convert your supposed superior knowledge to job creation without waiting for someone to employ you so that you can become parasite with sense of entitlement for fat salary which you are not ready to give equal and proportion service to earn, then you are in same class with a slowpoke only difference being that you glossed your own brainlessness with mastery of a language". Take the following from me:

- I have never seen someone that's a master to his art (procedurally not declarative) that's chronically unemployed and pauper. So, anyone out there that is chronically poor or unemployed, tell yourself truth that the reason why you're not doing good is because you do not have procedural master to your acquired art. After telling yourself this bitter truth, then consider to retrain yourself in your chosen line of art but if outdated master a new act.

I think you need some ideas on emotional intelligence!
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by mignone(f): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

First class looking for a 90k job to survive? Grow up you ought to know better
you mean it's nt real? it is bro!
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Yinkagbo(m): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Alvanify:
I know how you feel brother, what you just lamented is reality.
This is a country where even yahoo boy has a brighter future than a graduate.
Check it.
grin grin......I just rememebered what a guy(yahoo boy) told me(that I av no future) years ago,this same guy didn't complete secondary skul oooo..... he's almost ryt,if not that I never allow the bsc cert to enter my head,guess what? I did many dirty work to escape it......from okada rider to okada business to uae,back to bar/restaurant business in nigeria......most of my course mate that were gurus are now doing 35k salary job, some are still at home......but all the same,I am applying this education stuff to calculate my profit and to make sure my workers don't av means to steal my goods.....

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by mignone(f): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
menix:

So if he gets up now to go learn ur presumed tailoring, welding etc is that 4 to 5yrs not a waste since he ain't getting younger..

Wat is the possibility of building his own storey building nd cruising a four wheel drive in another 2yrs..

Education in nigeria is jst over hyped...
you can't still compare the welding/tailoring production of a learned fellow to that of his 'not so learned' counterpart
@op, self pity&regrets will take you nowhere like others have clearly stated. Better you brace up& be a man
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
dearpreye:

I think you need some ideas on emotional intelligence!

Obviously, you're a proponent of self-pity. Don't pick on me.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
Empero1:

Obviously, you're a proponent of self-pity. Don't pick on me.

People don't care how much you know till they know how much you CARE!
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Truth be told, a degree does not and will never bring money. Education might but your degree will give you nada! It's high time we stop giving some hecks about some A4 paper they call a degree. - they don't pay bills. Don't get it twisted. I have a university degree and I'm going to make sure my children get theirs but never will they rely on some fvcking job to be able to live comfortably and touch lives positively.

The richest men in the world aren't salary earners.

A billion dollar mindset! These are the words we must drum into the consciousness of the younger folks.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by exotiqueify(f): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Souljaboi1:

I do not mean to sound condescending, but if you spent 4-5 years in a University despite hearing stories of the situation in the labour market; I don't understand why you are regretting your actions now.

I believe you were hopeful that you would achieve something great with your degree after leaving school, well now that you're out you shouldn't lose hope. The struggles might be hard at first, but with determination and conscious efforts, you'll get through.

However, if you decide that regret is what you would engage yourself in now instead of taking the bull by the horn; then I have no pity for you.

You make it seem like everyone who goes to learn a trade makes it big. There is something called destiny, believing in it while doing the best you possible can would help you live a life with less regret.

Kai! d best comment ever!! Went thru my skull like a sledge hammer, forcing me to come to face with reality...
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
dearpreye:

People don't care how much you know till they know how much you CARE!

If a man facing hard times still assumed his present location a comfort zone, then he need all the hard truth he can get from logical beings to look out for a true destination of his longing comfort zone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by menesheh(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Tbillz:
Can't even tell exactly who to blame, the parent? Yourself? Or the country? All i can say is @ every end of a tunnel is a light . Even Jesus suffered before he enjoying all he suffered for.

God suffered b4 enjoying what god created. cheesy
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by mikolo80: 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:

wetin you read.
let's start there
unless you read anthropology solution de
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by mikolo80: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Alvanify:
I know how you feel brother, what you just lamented is reality.
This is a country where even yahoo boy has a brighter future than a graduate.
Check it.
na d graduate no wan on candle or torchlight
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Empero1:

If a man facing hard times still assumed his present location a comfort zone, then he need all the hard truth he can get from logical beings to look out for a true destination of his longing comfort zone.

Agreed he needs the truth, but with EMPATHY!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2017 HEINEKEN International Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Npower News Nairaland Thread / N-Power: FG To ‘Disengage’ Over 200,000 Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.