Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551553 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amblessede: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2013
hi starlux, pls i hv an account statement i want to use for application. the closing balance of the statement is less than 2.5m but the transactions contained in it in a period of 3 months is way more than 2.5m. will the statement b accepted?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
amblessede: hi starlux, pls i hv an account statement i want to use for application. the closing balance of the statement is less than 2.5m but the transactions contained in it in a period of 3 months is way more than 2.5m. will the statement b accepted?
)Is this for visa?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amblessede: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
StarFlux: )Is this for visa?
sori i didnt state... its for postgrad studies admission
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amblessede: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
StarFlux: )Is this for visa?
no for postgrad admission
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 8:51am On Dec 04, 2013
amblessede:
no for postgrad admission
I don't know actually. I think it should be okay, but I advice you to send the school a mail. They usually reply very fast.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amblessede: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
StarFlux: I don't know actually. I think it should be okay, but I advice you to send the school a mail. They usually reply very fast.
thx! sent them an email. they said i'l gt a reply in 4-5 days
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rafcrown(m): 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
What kind of job can one get easily and what part can one quickly get job?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chidiodini: 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
please bros i want you to tell me more about Oslo. i realy want to come their next year but i dont have any body to tell me more about the place. please help me on the best way to get my visa and how to come.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by endowedharry: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2013
chidi odini: please bros i want you to tell me more about Oslo. i realy want to come their next year but i dont have any body to tell me more about the place. please help me on the best way to get my visa and how to come.
pls don't feel insulted i advice u start from d beggining of the thread and learn 2 use google or visit studyinnorway.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chidiodini: 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
ok thanks for your advice but is that the only thing you have to tell me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lildave: 1:20am On Dec 06, 2013
please I wanna study in NTNU..... I really need your help
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Endowed Harry
Good one.

If you want to study, start by stating what you want to study or what exactly you need help with (lil-dave).
If you want to work, start by stating what kind of work you might be interested in and qualifications. You're not going to get a job out of nowhere. So feel free to ask again whenever you want to provide that information.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by solidman59(m): 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
@ starflex pleas answer this question urgently: I'm applying to the university of Stavanger for Msc offshore Technology [ and I have 3.63 cgpa. What are my chances? And how many international students do they admit each year. I jst need an estimate. Pls reply both questions as soon as u can bro
quote author=StarFlux]
University of Stavanger- Offshore Technology - this one is extremely competitive. If you're in the lower second class segment, you won't even be considered.

Telemark University College- Engineering & Technology - there's 3 different master programmes under this category, I think you have a fair shot at those.

Process Technology
Systems and Control Engineering
Energy and Environmental Technology

University of Tromsø- Safety and Technology - this is not a study programme, it's a faculty. The only programme offered here is Electrical Engineering. The only requirement is is C average.

NTNU
Most of the engineering/natural sciences programmes here are very competive and have high requirements. Both of those you mentioned accept a very small amount of students each semester (11 and 10). I'd say it's unlikely to gain admission here.

Yes, Petroleum Engineering at UiB is not available for you.

The database is available for everyone, but it's written in Norwegian. Usually, it doesn't list master programmes, but it does list bachelors, so you can get the general idea how competetive the masters will be.

Here is a full list of the natural sciences programmes that you can apply for at the UiB: http://www.uib.no/education/studies/master-s-programmes-self-financing#natural
These are all different when it comes down to competitivness and such, so just pick out the ones you want to know more about and let me know, so I can also find similar programmes elsewhere.

Petroleum engineering at NTNU and UiS are competitive. It's not easy gaining admission here. But the chances are higher at UiS than NTNU.

I'm replying as fast as I can, so don't despair if you don't see your reply here. It's coming.

As a general rule, you want to be at least second in class before you have a realistic chance of being admitted to any of these petroleum programmes.

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes indeed![/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by drdaniels: 9:28am On Dec 15, 2013
[quote
author=endowed harry]i just want 2 knw if the statement of account is
important when applying for the language cos in january...[/quote].

are you sure the application for the language course is in january. coz my cousin told me it closes every december 15th annually. well, you can enlighten me if there are have been changes. then i can give you more info
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by drdaniels: 9:49am On Dec 15, 2013
&starflux,

plz, i'm a fresh graduate of economics. and i'll love to work and live in norway. i'm working on my statement of account but i'll wanna know what other documents would be required for the visa processing.
equally, i'll wanna know more abt the residence permit. is it compulsory to get the permit b4 applying for the visa
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by endowedharry: 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
dr.daniels:
&starflux,

plz, i'm a fresh graduate of economics. and i'll love to work and live in norway. i'm working on my statement of account but i'll wanna know what other documents would be required for the visa processing.
equally, i'll wanna know more abt the residence permit. is it compulsory to get the permit b4 applying for the visa
get ur admission letter first bro dats d number 1 requirement without that nothing else is important.i believe u knw u need a passport with a minimum of six month expiring date nd up 2 six or four free space at the back.as for the resident permit its not our embassy dat will grant u dat.embassy will give u 3 months visa it wen u get there u start the processing of ur ur recident permit

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by endowedharry: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
dr.daniels:

are you sure the application for the language course is in january. coz my cousin told me it closes every december 15th annually. well, you can enlighten me if there are have been changes. then i can give you more info
pls don't get urself confuse for undergraduate program d admission porter is not opened nd but for postgraduate d portal is open some has been opened since october it varies according 2 d school.but for d undergraduate it will state from january nd end march1.when it time u will 2 apply through NUCAS website
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by endowedharry: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
www.samordnaopptak.no/info/english/ stand as a middle man between u and several schools in norway that's d link 2 d site wen d portal is opened is from d site above u will apply from. dey give u d chance 2 apply for close 2 10 universities via nucas d site above. so d portal is current close wen its opened i will personnal inform u guys here in dis thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jameslebron: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hi guys,
how possible is it to get admission into university of Oslo to study bsc in Informatics?.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by endowedharry: 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
james.lebron:
Hi guys,
how possible is it to get admission into university of Oslo to study bsc in Informatics?.
help ur self visit studyinnorway.no for all ther required information u need.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by drdaniels: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote
author=endowed harry]get ur admission letter first bro dats d number 1
requirement without that nothing else is important.i believe u knw u
need a passport with a minimum of six month expiring date nd up 2 six or
four free space at the back.as for the resident permit its not our
embassy dat will grant u dat.embassy will give u 3 months visa it wen
u get there u start the processing of ur ur recident permit[/quote]

starflux:
plz, i dont intend to go there to study. i wanna relocate and work there for a year or two and probably relocate. So does the issue of getting admission letter still come into play?
thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jameslebron: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
endowed harry: help ur self visit studyinnorway.no for all ther required information u need.
Thanks harry. the programme isn' offered in english language
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by drdaniels: 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
@starflux.

plz, i dont intend going to norway to study. i'm tru wit schooling for now. i wanna work there for a year or two before relocating. so, does the issue of admission letter still come into play. if not, what kind of visa would be my best bet? thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by endowedharry: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
dr.daniels:

starflux:
plz, i dont intend to go there to study. i wanna relocate and work there for a year or two and probably relocate. So does the issue of getting admission letter still come into play?
thanks
there are ways u enter a foreing country.the most common 2 is either by visitation or entering as a foreingner for d purpose of schooling.so it left for u to knw wat 2 decide,cos u will ave 2 agree with me dat u ave 2 reach norway b4 u start working so d process above are d way u can enter norway nd work or school
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
My apologies, I've been on travel for the weekend.

Could you please repeat your questions if Endowed Harry didn't already answer them, thank you. Dr. Daniels, what language course are we talking about here, which school? Application deadlines can vary from school to school. You guys need to be more specific.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by miguelangelo01(m): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hoodrat: Finecat know no shit of what he is talking about. Come norway to see how boys dey make money. even though is expensive we living the life and the monthly pay im getting is enough to pay the bills also to take care of important stuffs both here and nigeria so shut up.
@ Hoodrat pls are you on facebook, have some private inquiries to make from you. My email is winscosin@yahoo.com. pls mail me.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oyintiloye(m): 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hi StarFlux! Your job here is of very great value. I'd want to know what else getting admission into Masters in Oil and Gas @ NTNU depends on apart from securing a first class? I mean what else is considered? And do you think studying and working to support yourself is feasible or is it unavoidable to still ask for money from home even if one has a job? Do you think Norway is a place one can settle, live in and raise a family?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
oyintiloye: Hi StarFlux! Your job here is of very great value. I'd want to know what else getting admission into Masters in Oil and Gas @ NTNU depends on apart from securing a first class? I mean what else is considered? And do you think studying and working to support yourself is feasible or is it unavoidable to still ask for money from home even if one has a job? Do you think Norway is a place one can settle, live in and raise a family?
Hey Oyintiloye

Well, naturally they'll consider any research you may have done, letters of recommendation, work experience etc, but nothing out of the ordinary as far as I know.

Yes, studying and working is entirely possible, but for the first year at least, you should have some money. After you know the basics of the language, you'll be able to apply for jobs more easily. Though, you can never be too sure, and I recommend always having some back-up money.

If you want to settle down, Norway is the place. Norway has the highest standard of living in the world, and you have much better opportunities here than any other place. I really don't understand why so many insist on going to UK or USA when Norway is ahead of both of these two countries by a fair margin. It's a country full of social goods, high acceptance towards foreigners, and is generally the place you want to be considering the economic situation in the rest of the west.

Norway's definitely the place you'd want to raise a family. Free education for all, low unemployment rates, peaceful, but most important of all: stable.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oyintiloye(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
StarFlux: Hey Oyintiloye

Well, naturally they'll consider any research you may have done, letters of recommendation, work experience etc, but nothing out of the ordinary as far as I know.

Yes, studying and working is entirely possible, but for the first year at least, you should have some money. After you know the basics of the language, you'll be able to apply for jobs more easily. Though, you can never be too sure, and I recommend always having some back-up money.

If you want to settle down, Norway is the place. Norway has the highest standard of living in the world, and you have much better opportunities here than any other place. I really don't understand why so many insist on going to UK or USA when Norway is ahead of both of these two countries by a fair margin. It's a country full of social goods, high acceptance towards foreigners, and is generally the place you want to be considering the economic situation in the rest of the west.

Norway's definitely the place you'd want to raise a family. Free education for all, low unemployment rates, peaceful, but most important of all: stable.
Thanks a lot for the reply!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chidiadi50: 5:35am On Dec 18, 2013
please i want to know if Norwegian universities accept second class for masters?can one work and study and can one stay back in Noway after studies
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by miguelangelo01(m): 5:47am On Dec 18, 2013
Hi starflux, thnks so much for ur advises and guidance on this thread. I believe u dont actually know the extent of good you ar doing here and I pray u'll never lack help In Jesus name.
Pls I av some personal enquiries to abt resident and work permit in Norway. Ma email Is michbelluchi@gmail.com. . endeavor to write me lets chatt up. Thnks.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2013
Please i'm in a fix. I need help very fast o. I received a mail from NTNU and UIS last night to forward my Documents for the final stage of my admission process. I want to choose one out of the both schools to forward my transcripts and documents , and I'm just confused. I applied for Geoscience (CGPA 80%) in both schools, and I want to know which School I will have a change of getting an admission after sending the documents. I have spent lots of money processing transcripts to UIO too, and I cant afford to send my transcripts to both schools.
*which school will I have a higher chance of getting an admission with my CGPA of 80% (Petroleum Geoscience)?
*which school is the best choice for my course?
I anticipate your advice.

thanks a lot!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.