Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (354917 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Acme45: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2019
Adjo10:

Hello Wilej.

Q1. 3 to 6 months after submitting the required documents (i have heard of people who received it earlier than 3 months and some more than 6 months)

Q2. Yes. They can help you gather the necessary documents and application but their job ends once you submit the application with the immigration office. No one can influence how fast or slow your application is processed by the Policia Federal. Even a Brazilian President will be put to jail for trying to influence the process lol

Q3.(accommodation and hospital bills not included) 150-200 USD per person should be fine.

Q4. There are good Nigerians in Brazil, but Sorry, i don't hang with my fellow Nigerians here. When you come, you will understand.

Q5. If you meet the requirements for the job you should able to get it without any discrimination. Brazil has more Blacks than any African country except Nigeria. More blacks than any country in the world. More than half the Brazilian population are from black decent. Being black here is no problem.

Cheers
pls for now like how much should I 've in my account to apply for tourist visa for me and my wife?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
Acme45:
pls for now like how much should I 've in my account to apply for tourist visa for me and my wife?

Hi Acme45. Unfortunately, the Brazilian consulate does not have a specific amount. Use the Schengen daily rate as a guide which suggests you to maintain a balance of around € 4000+ for a period of 3 months+. The more money the better and the longer the money stays in your account the better. Avoid bulk transfers within the time period require for your statement of account as it is an indication that the money may not belong to you.

Remember that meeting the financial requirements does not guarantee you will get the visa. Other factors are taken into consideration.

Finally, if you genuinely want to give birth in a private hospital, rent accommodation and other expenses and you have saved money for that, then the money in your bank account will definitely be enough.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Acme45: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
Adjo10:

Hi Acme45. Unfortunately, the Brazilian consulate does not have a specific amount. Use the Schengen daily rate as a guide which suggests you to maintain a balance of around € 4000+ for a period of 3 months+. The more money the better and the longer the money stays in your account the better. Avoid bulk transfers within the time period require for your statement of account as it is an indication that the money may not belong to you.

Remember that meeting the financial requirements does not guarantee you will get the visa. Other factors are taken into consideration.

Finally, if you genuinely want to give birth in a private hospital, rent accommodation and other expenses and you have saved money for that, then the money in your bank account will definitely be enough.

Thanks
pls what about the government Hospital what is the cost?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Oluwo1: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
Acme45:
pls what about the government Hospital what is the cost?

Free.
Please take your time to read through the thread from page 1, it'll only take few hours.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Acme45: 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
Adjo10:

Thanks TJ.

I understand your question but it is very subjective. The best paid jobs in Brazil are government jobs and you need to be a Brazilian to work with the government.

If you are a graduate and well qualified and speak Portuguese fluently then you should be able to land yourself a well paid job with an international organization or the private sector.

If you have a good business idea, then you have a market of 240 million people. If your idea succeeds then you could be a rich man.

Just to put things in context, Brazil’s minimum wage is currently around US$ 250.

I hope this was helpful. Thanks
pls is the US$250 FOR WEEKLY OR MONTHLY?
Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Acme45: 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

will depend on a lot of things.... which city you want to live in? where in that city do you want to live? how you want to live? what you gonna do there etc etc

but if you want the cheapest of the cheapest, you can rent a studio in a favela for 250/350Reais, monthly food on a budget for 2people 500Reais...
pls what's the value in naira?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by DAramis: 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by DAramis: 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
Acme45:
I think within 40k to 45k for 500reais.
Was gotten from Google.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:03am On Oct 07, 2019
Acme45:

Use XE.com to know any exchange rates
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2019
@Adjo10 Good day I was wondering with the tourist visa will I be able to open an account register a sim and all?
Secondly the bank statements how long do they ask for 3 or 6 months asking because am abt to make a huge transfer or I can use someone else as a sponsor?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
juliusocean:
@Adjo10 Good day I was wondering with the tourist visa will I be able to open an account register a sim and all?
Secondly the bank statements how long do they ask for 3 or 6 months asking because am abt to make a huge transfer or I can use someone else as a sponsor?

Hello juliusocean. With the tourist visa you can get a CPF number (Tax number) in Brazil. This tax number can help you register a sim card and go to the hospital but that is all you can do with a tourist visa + CPF. You cannot open a bank account or attend public schools and many more unless you have a resident permit (which you get after your child is born)

I will advise you to take your time to read the consulates visa requirements as all your questions about visa related issues have been answered there. Here is the link:
http://lagos.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/visitor_(for_tourism,_business_and_other_situations).xml

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
Adjo10:

Hello juliusocean. With the tourist visa you can get a CPF number (Tax number) in Brazil. This tax number can help you register a sim card and go to the hospital but that is all you can do with a tourist visa + CPF. You cannot open a bank account or attend public schools and many more unless you have a resident permit (which you get after your child is born)

I will advise you to take your time to read the consulates visa requirements as all your questions about visa related issues have been answered there. Here is the link:
http://lagos.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/visitor_(for_tourism,_business_and_other_situations).xml

Cheers
Link not opening ma'am
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
juliusocean:

Link not opening ma'am

http://lagos.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/

Kindly try this one. Then navigate to the VISA section on the left.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
To give you a quick answer, Brazil does not accept financial sponsorship for a tourist visa and the account should be the last 6 months.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Adjo10:

http://lagos.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/

Kindly try this one. Then navigate to the VISA section on the left.

Cheers
Thanks alot when you visited what city did you stay I am considering salvador and florianopolis the least house I saw was 75k per month when I converted maybe I need to be on ground to get something cheaper?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
@Adjo10 please pardon me did you rent an apartment from your base or you did over there if yes How i think this part has not been clarified I read the thread twice over now its the missing piece of the puzzle
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
Did my little research while waiting for the experts.... Thought I share with you guys
liveinbrazil.org/2013/08/05/how-to-rent-any-house-or-apartment-in-brazil/
Keep the thread moving
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
juliusocean:

Thanks alot when you visited what city did you stay I am considering salvador and florianopolis the least house I saw was 75k per month when I converted maybe I need to be on ground to get something cheaper?

Hello juliusocea. Nice. I can see you are doing a lot if research which is a very good step. I am assuming that you or your partner are going with the purpose of giving birth. Based on that i would definitely recommend Florianopolis over Salvador as it is much much safer. Your unborn baby carries a lot of responsibilities so safety should be first before any other thing.

75k is very cheap and i am assuming that is in Salvador. As a tourist in Brazil “cheap “ can end up being super expensive as crime is high.

To be realistic, you are not going to get it any cheaper than that when you are on the ground. You see... Brazil’s economy is highly dependent on tourism. Brazilians can easily detect tourists especially that you do not speak Portuguese. Prepare to pay high and live as a tourist at least until your Brazilian baby is born. By then, you have adjusted to the system.

I know right now you may think things will be cheaper for you once you arrive in Brazil but I’m telling you the truth, come prepared to live like a tourist for a while and be prepared to spend for your baby’s safety.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:58pm On Oct 07, 2019
juliusocean:
@Adjo10 please pardon me did you rent an apartment from your base or you did over there if yes How i think this part has not been clarified I read the thread twice over now its the missing piece of the puzzle

Check Airbnb for Accomodation. Choose safe areas which are usually a bit expensive. Protect your baby from mosquitoes by choosing an air conditioned apartment. Once your baby is born and you and your family have your permanent residency, then live like a local. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2019
Adjo10:

Check Airbnb for Accomodation. Choose safe areas which are usually a bit expensive. Protect your baby from mosquitoes by choosing an air conditioned apartment. Once your baby is born and you and your family have your permanent residency, then live like a local. Thanks
Airbnb only offer per night stay same as bookings.Com not long term rentals
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:30am On Oct 08, 2019
juliusocean:

Airbnb only offer per night stay same as bookings.Com not long term rentals

Hello juliusocea. Please check well. When you put the number of days and it exceeds 30 days, the price changes to monthly and long term rental. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
Quick update.

So, the interview story is true. I got an invitation mail two weeks after applying and I have done the interview.
They basically want to see if you are not pregnant, then ask for your mission in brazil, etc.
They don't want to see a baby bump, Infact, it's auto denial.
If you are a lady applying, you are getting invited automatically. Nigerians have really Bleep*d things up.
let me just stop here.
@Adjo10 thanks for always responding to comments here. God bless.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2019
afelouz:
Quick update.

So, the interview story is true. I got an invitation mail two weeks after applying and I have done the interview.
They basically want to see if you are not pregnant, then ask for your mission in brazil, etc.
If you are a lady applying, you are getting invited automatically. Nigerians have really Bleep*d things up.
let me just stop here.
How long have you submitted your application did they ask for medicals too as in pregnancy tests
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
afelouz:
Quick update.

let me just stop here.

Thanks for the update afelouz.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 6:40am On Oct 09, 2019
Its been 3 weeks now and if they are convinced that you are not pregnant during the interview and you are not showing yet, they wont ask for medicals I think.
juliusocean:

How long have you submitted your application did they ask for medicals too as in pregnancy tests
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 8:21am On Oct 09, 2019
afelouz:
Its been 3 weeks now and if they are convinced that you are not pregnant during the interview and you are not showing yet, they wont ask for medicals I think.
How much did you use for the SOA finally What city are you looking at?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by abiola708(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2019
Can i apply with a cooperate account for a Conference visa?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by suxes2005(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2019
afelouz:
Quick update.

let me just stop here.

Why did you conclude that "Nigerians have really bleeped things up?

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2019
5M+ and Florianopolis. still waiting for the visa but I'm sure it will be approved by Gods grace.
juliusocean:

How much did you use for the SOA finally What city are you looking at?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2019
Well, Its my opinion, and what I got from the interview.
suxes2005:

Why did you conclude that "Nigerians have really bleeped things up?

SHALOM
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by marina101: 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
My wife and I applied for a tourist visa since on the 9th of September, no word yet. It has been showing "Under Review" anytime I track it online. Yesterday makes it exactly 21 working days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.