Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (354694 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
juliusocean:
Did my little research while waiting for the experts.... Thought I share with you guys
liveinbrazil.org/2013/08/05/how-to-rent-any-house-or-apartment-in-brazil/
Keep the thread moving

The best way to get a cheap apt in Brazil is to go through a local website like zapimoveis.com.br... any place you find on a such website will be cheaper than any other place (and WAY cheaper than Airbnb).

Book an Airbnb or hostel for a week and when you get to Brazil, find someone who speak portuguese to help you navigate the website and talk to owners. "To rent" is written as ALUGAR and you need to find a CONJUGADO or KITCHENETTE (kitnet) which is how they call a studio in Brazil

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2019
marina101:
My wife and I applied for a tourist visa since on the 9th of September, no word yet. It has been showing "Under Review" anytime I track it online. Yesterday makes it exactly 21 working days.

Other countries’ citizens who applies for a Brazilian tourist visa have their visas processed directly at the Brazilian consulate where they filed their application and are given a decision within a maximum of 10 days.

Sadly, Nigeria and Senegal are part of the only 5 countries in the world that visa application is not directly approved by the Brazilian consulate. The consulate in the case of Nigerian citizens forwards the application to the Ministry of external relations in Brasilia who have the power to approve or deny the visa. The Ministry of External relations in Brazil can be extremely slow in processing any application as they are in charge of all asylum and other applications. This results in slow delivery of tourist visas to Nigerians and unfortunately the Consulate has no power than to wait for response from the Ministry.

Unfortunately, Nigeria has been on the blacklist for many countries around the world. I have traveled the world extensively on my green passport and i have always been treated differently wether being at embassies, check in desk at airport, immigration at the point of entry or by citizens of the countries i have visited or stayed in. It is really sad. I always have to prove myself.

We should try all our best so our children do not inherit such a struggle. Our children will always and should be proud Nigerians but let’s face the facts, it is always better to give them options.

Peace

17 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
They might purposely delay it o. So if you are pregnant the baby bump will keep growing. Lol.
marina101:
My wife and I applied for a tourist visa since on the 9th of September, no word yet. It has been showing "Under Review" anytime I track it online. Yesterday makes it exactly 21 working days.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

The best way to get a cheap apt in Brazil is to go through a local website like zapimoveis.com.br... any place you find on a such website will be cheaper than any other place (and WAY cheaper than Airbnb).

Book an Airbnb or hostel for a week and when you get to Brazil, find someone who speak portuguese to help you navigate the website and talk to owners. You need to find a CONJUGADO or KITCHENETTE (kitnet) which is how they call a studio in Brazil
thanks for the head ups so wifey asked me a question its our 1st time... since we cant open an acct over there till delivery how do we make transactions can we make use of our nigerian bank transfers/atm cards how does it work.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
juliusocean:

thanks for the head ups so wifey asked me a question its our 1st time... since we cant open an acct over there till delivery how do we make transactions can we make use of our nigerian bank transfers/atm cards how does it work.

As stated earlier by Adjo10, you cant open a bank account until the baby is born and your immigration status (not tourist) will be in order, until then, your debit/credit card can be used to make transaction in most shops etc or simply use any atm to withdraw cash.

If you have large amount of cash (but no debit/credit card), you can easily get a prepaid debit card from any main supermarket etc and put the money in the card via the cashier (only CPF needed).. and use the card all over Brazil (safer than walking around with cash)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by barnaby04(m): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Bom dia a todos,

Como foi a tua noite?

Perhaps this is the best time for you to apply for your Brazilian visa as a tourist. The country is hosting the world under 17 football tournament later this month.

Why not take advantage of this and apply as a genuine tourist because events like this attracts football fans from around the world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Superted01(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
Please will they issue one year or six month visa?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by suxes2005(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

As stated earlier by Adjo10, you cant open a bank account until the baby is born and your immigration status (not tourist) will be in order, until then, your debit/credit card can be used to make transaction in most shops etc or simply use any atm to withdraw cash.

If you have large amount of cash (but no debit/credit card), you can easily get a prepaid debit card from any main supermarket etc and put the money in the card via the cashier (only CPF needed).. and use the card all over Brazil (safer than walking around with cash)

MrBrownJay !!!

Veteran !

Is it true that the money exchange in Brazil ain't like other countries?

Like, one gets charged some % to convert US dollars to Brazilian real?

SHALOM
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
suxes2005:

MrBrownJay !!!

Veteran !

Is it true that the money exchange in Brazil ain't like other countries?

Like, one gets charged some % to convert US dollars to Brazilian real?

SHALOM

Hey bro, nah, changing money in Brasil is the same as anywhere else...you get charged a percentage depending on where you change money... at airport/train station or hotel, you will get the worst rate and at bank is just a bit better but still a shitty rate. You have to browse around the city to find the best "cambio".

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by suxes2005(m): 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Hey bro, nah, changing money in Brasil is the same as anywhere else...you get charged a percentage depending on where you change money... at airport/train station or hotel, you will get the worst rate and at bank is just a bit better but still a shitty rate. You have to browse around the city to find the best "cambio".

Copy That !

Thanks abunch.

SHALOM
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2019
suxes2005:

Copy That !

Thanks abunch.

SHALOM

The only drawback at the beginning of being in Brasil is the language....even if you speak Spanish, you will still need to learn Portuguese thoroughly because in place like Rio/São Paulo, nobody understands Spanish (even though both languages are very similar on paper). If you live in places closer to the border (like Florianópolis) then you have more luck with Spanish.... as for English....forget it!
So before going to Brasil, people should learn some basic words like: thank you, please. I don't speak portuguese, my name is, I can/can't, I want... to do... to be... to have etc.
There are so many great apps like Duolingo for that, that nobody should get there completely clueless.

The funny part is that, after you've learned to speak Portuguese fluently, you will realise that the language is almost worthless, if you go to Portugal......as they speak with a completely different accent over there and you can't understand shiit they are saying, lol. IMHO, Easier to understand Mozambique and Angola's Portuguese.

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Beautyaddy: 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
Adjo10:

Other countries’ citizens who applies for a Brazilian tourist visa have their visas processed directly at the Brazilian consulate where they filed their application and are given a decision within a maximum of 10 days.

Sadly, Nigeria and Senegal are part of the only 5 countries in the world that visa application is not directly approved by the Brazilian consulate. The consulate in the case of Nigerian citizens forwards the application to the Ministry of external relations in Brasilia who have the power to approve or deny the visa. The Ministry of External relations in Brazil can be extremely slow in processing any application as they are in charge of all asylum and other applications. This results in slow delivery of tourist visas to Nigerians and unfortunately the Consulate has no power than to wait for response from the Ministry.

Unfortunately, Nigeria has been on the blacklist for many countries around the world. I have traveled the world extensively on my green passport and i have always been treated differently wether being at embassies, check in desk at airport, immigration at the point of entry or by citizens of the countries i have visited or stayed in. It is really sad. I always have to prove myself.

We should try all our best so our children do not inherit such a struggle. Our children will always and should be proud Nigerians but let’s face the facts, it is always better to give them options.

Peace

Oh, very sad to know...but I thought you already had a Brazilian passport.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
How can someone go about it?
barnaby04:
Bom dia a todos,

Como foi a tua noite?

Perhaps this is the best time for you to apply for your Brazilian visa as a tourist. The country is hosting the world under 17 football tournament later this month.

Why not take advantage of this and apply as a genuine tourist because events like this attracts football fans from around the world.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Oh, very sad to know...but I thought you already had a Brazilian passport.

Yes my family and i have Brazilian passports. I am talking about when i used to travel on my green passport. I have not even used my Brazilian passport yet. Now that i have it, i don’t even feel like traveling anymore lol. Life...

12 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by manlikekehki: 12:29am On Oct 11, 2019
been following this thread for a while now and i am interested anyone who can help i am 31male working with my brother as a real estate agent i currently have 1million savings in my bank account with landed property in my names equavalent to around a million as well but money enter my account and goes out consecutively for the past 1 year due to the nature of my job is it advisable for me to apply for Brazilian visa do i have any chances? and any chances of becoming a permanent resident as well. Thank You will be awaiting your response.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by SkinnyNigga: 8:41am On Oct 11, 2019
how much can take me to Brazil ? flight ticket and visa fee..
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by coolsheyi(m): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2019
barnaby04:
Bom dia a todos,

Como foi a tua noite?

How do we go about this ?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by timmb(m): 11:09am On Oct 11, 2019
Adjo10:

Yes my family and i have Brazilian passports. I am talking about when i used to travel on my green passport. I have not even used my Brazilian passport yet. Now that i have it, i don’t even feel like traveling anymore lol. Life...

Pls Adjo10 can i chat with your pm. I need to ask some question privately. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by barnaby04(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
coolsheyi:

How do we go about this ?

I think its a very simple one to do which you do not need to engage anyone posing as agent to do. The Brazilian economy aside being the largest in south America, thrives to a large extent on tourism.

Travelling to attend sport events is tourism itself because you are coming to spend money in the economy.

In your application for tourist visa, state that you are traveling on tourism to visit some landmark attractions and also attend the world under 17 world cup as a football lover/enthusiast/fan.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Beautyaddy: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2019
Adjo10:

lol!...Why is that? cheesy
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Superted01(m): 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
Superted01:
Please will they issue one year or six month visa?
Please anyone with this info?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by pertruchi: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
Pls I need the link to fill the visa application....thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
timmb:

Pls Adjo10 can i chat with your pm. I need to ask some question privately. Thank you.

Hello timmb. Thanks for wanting to connect privately. Unfortunately, i do not pm anyone. I have had too many emails and could not answer many. Kindly post your questions here and frame it in a general manner so that most readers can learn from it. We also have very knowledgeable and experienced people here like MrBrownJay1 who can answer your questions. I also learn from your questions and answers given on this platform.

I kindly hope you understand please. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
Superted01:

Kindly read from page 1. Your question has been answered several times. I think a 31 page thread is extremely small compared to other similar thread that are 600+ pages. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...Why is that? cheesy

You know with our green passport, traveling and visa is a privilege. Aside other things, we also try to get a lot of visas and travel to make our green passport “fit” for the next visa application.

With my Brazilian passport, i don’t need visas to most of these countries. I can travel anytime and mostly anywhere. I don’t see the urgency in traveling anymore. I don’t see the need to get stamps in my passport to make it look good. It is already good by itself.

Finally, i don’t actually know what I’m going to see in the UK, France or South Korea for example that i cannot see here. If i will travel, it most definitely not going to be for tourism but rather for work or other things.

9 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 10:08am On Oct 12, 2019
3 months.
Superted01:

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ThinkWISELY(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2019
jammyunn:
lol...he may not thinking about that. But I know their law grants permanent residence to a father or mother of any child born in Brazil. And in as little as 2years, citizenship is granted. That could be his aim. Brazil is the only country if I'm not mistaken that does that. They don't care about your status in the country. And brazilian passport enters all western nation visa free except US and Canada

Till now?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by oluayebenz: 10:44am On Oct 12, 2019
Adjo10:

You know with our green passport, traveling and visa is a privilege. Aside other things, we also try to get a lot of visas and travel to make our green passport “fit” for the next visa application.

With my Brazilian passport, i don’t need visas to most of these countries. I can travel anytime and mostly anywhere. I don’t see the urgency in traveling anymore. I don’t see the need to get stamps in my passport to make it look good. It is already good by itself.

Finally, i don’t actually know what I’m going to see in the UK, France or South Korea for example that i cannot see here. If i will travel, it most definitely not going to be for tourism but rather for work or other things.

Well said
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
Adjo10:

Hey Adigu,

Thanks for your comment. I however think we should inform everyone on this platform with facts and not jump to condemn information.

A new immigration law was introduced in Brazil in late 2017. It changed many things including the fines for overstaying from Rs 8 a day to Rs 100 a day for a maximum of 100 days. Obviously, your information is based on the old law and a quick online search which will still be quoting the old fines. Many immigration laws in Brazil can be unclear due to the changes. I am speaking from the new law and experience so i will not say you are wrong. I will simply say your information is outdated but thanks.

Like you said, the total fine should be a maximum of 10,000 which comes back to what i said, Rs 100 per day for a maximum of 100 days. 100 times 100 is Rs 10,000. So i guess we are all saying the same.

Let all note that if you overstay, you will be asked by the police federal to pay the fines while applying for the permanent residence. The fine will not be ignored. I don’t know about asylum application but for permanent residence application based on a Brazilian child, you will pay.

Thanks
Since they will issue a 3months visa we will definitely overstay does that mean I'll be paying the Rs10000 fine for my self wifey and child? NOTE:Rs10000 = ₦878,421
So ₦878,421 × 3 =₦2,635.263
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
juliusocean:

Since they will issue a 3months visa we will definitely overstay does that mean I'll be paying the Rs10000 fine for my self wifey and child? NOTE:Rs10000 = ₦878,421

Your can extend your visa for another 3 months whiles in Brazil. All you have to do is to go to Policia Federal and apply for it.

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2019
juliusocean:

The fine is Rs 100 per day. And the maximum fine is Rs 10,000. The maximum fine means that you cannot be fine more than Rs 10,000 no matter the number of days you overstay. So i don’t understand your calculations. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
Adjo10:

Your can extend your visa for another 3 months whiles in Brazil. All you have to do is to go to Policia Federal and apply for it.

Thanks
Ma'am my wife is not even showing yet how many times can we extend b4 we get hit with the fine..
If we extend for 3 months that's six will we keep extending?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.