Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,220 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (358470 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
OneNaija:
@adjo, I don’t see any reason for zizi81 to lied here. You guys should calm down. It might be misunderstanding. Welcome Zizi81. Please guys make your point without fighting please. Cheers.

OneNaija Thanks. The funny thing is that she called me a liar when i actually got my passport less than a month ago and i lived in Brazil for just a year. I posted official sources of the immigration office that process immigration matters and she did not say anything about it.

It is just not right for Zizi to make claims she has no idea about. I promise not to comment on this again. Everyone here is free to say what they think and beleive. It’s up to each individual to do their own research.

Peace

8 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
Pls no body should start a fight here that was how they destroyed the south korea thread and I was stuck in the process Adjo10 has been here answering questions endlessly if you feel she is wrong politely correct her no insults please, most of the info she dropped I and my wife have verified so please zizi you're welcome, there's no point to prove here we are all learning obrigado .. Adjo10 again I apologize!!!

9 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Shallypop(f): 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:

Also being on PR doesn’t automatically qualify you for citizenship. If you got your PR through giving birth or marriage it 1 year to citizenship. If your got your PR through any other means, you have 4 to 15 years depending on your circumstances. For all cases however, you much learn and speak basic Portuguese, not have a criminal background etc... Maybe they have not yet fulfilled those other requirements or they obtained their PR through other means rather that a Brazilian baby or marriage.
Ok. I got it recently though. Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by timcols(m): 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
Anjo10 or what u call urself, stop deceiving people on this thread, how long ve u live in Brazil? u don't know about brazil immigration law and procedure, I live in Brazil 11 years I know how things work here.
Galera ficar de olho nesta moca, ela e mentirosa

@Anjo10
I am so sorry to tell you that you lied! I live in Brazil,am a Brazilian I had my children in Brazil,you cannot have a child in Brazil and stay here for just one year and get the citizenship NOOOO,YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN BRAZIL FOR 4 TO 5 YEARS HAVE BEEN LEAVING HERE FOR 15YEARS AND I WORK WITH THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY...DID YOU WRITE A CITIZEN EXAM ....IF YOU HAVE A BRASILIA CHILD AUTOMATICALLY YOU GET A PREMANTE RESIDENT...BUT THE WHOLE FAMILY HAS TO LIVE IN BRAZIL FOR 4 TO FIVE YEARS.....LET PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM AND FOR HEAVEN SAKE BRAZIL IS NOT CHEAP...... [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:
MADAMU STOP THE LIE,I WORK WITH THE IMIGRATION HERE,YOU CANNOT GET A BRASILAIN CITIZEN IN ONE YEAR STUPID

Stop shouting and make your point politely without insulting people

10 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hi gurus. Please, The police report that is needed for the PR application, can I make it down few weeks before traveling to brazil?

Which notary public is recognized that one can use?

After getting the police report and notarized it, do I need to take it to the embassy in lagos for anything? I hope not.

For someone who had a baby already ( below 7 years). Can the said baby get his/her brazilian passport before leaving brazil alongside the new born? Or they only issue a document that shows that the sibling is a citizen?

Thanks alot �
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by pertruchi: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
I guess you and Zizi is ready to answer questions and give full information needed in this group,since you ve been in Brazil since 11years and you know it all. If not not, pls leave us with the lies and found out the truth ourselves.....Thanks

timcols:
Anjo10 or what u call urself, stop deceiving people on this thread, how long ve u live in Brazil? u don't know about brazil immigration law and procedure, I live in Brazil 11 years I know how things work here.
Galera ficar de olho nesta moca, ela e mentirosa

@Anjo10
I am so sorry to tell you that you lied! I live in Brazil,am a Brazilian I had my children in Brazil,you cannot have a child in Brazil and stay here for just one year and get the citizenship NOOOO,YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN BRAZIL FOR 4 TO 5 YEARS HAVE BEEN LEAVING HERE FOR 15YEARS AND I WORK WITH THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY...DID YOU WRITE A CITIZEN EXAM ....IF YOU HAVE A BRASILIA CHILD AUTOMATICALLY YOU GET A PREMANTE RESIDENT...BUT THE WHOLE FAMILY HAS TO LIVE IN BRAZIL FOR 4 TO FIVE YEARS.....LET PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM AND FOR HEAVEN SAKE BRAZIL IS NOT CHEAP......

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
afelouz:
Hi gurus. Please, The police report that is needed for the PR application, can I make it down few weeks before traveling to brazil?

After getting the police report and notarized it, do I need to take it to the embassy in lagos for anything? I hope not.

For someone who had a baby already ( below 7 years). Can the said baby get his/her brazilian passport before leaving brazil alongside the new born? Or they only issue a document that shows that the sibling is a citizen?

Thanks alot �

The police report must not have been more than 90 days old at the time of PR application in Brazil. It must also be legalized. To do so, take the police report to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria for legalisation. After which you take it to the Brazilian consulate in Nigeria for final legalisation. After the documents arrive in Brazil, you must translate it with a translator authorised by the Brazilian authorities in Brazil. Only after these steps it will be accepted my Police Federal for the application.

If you are going to be in Brazil for more than 90 days before your baby is born, then give your friend or family member a copy of your passport in Nigeria to apply for the police report and do all the above on your behalf and then send them to you in Brazil.

Finally, because the Brazilian consulate has to legalise the document, if you go for legalisation before traveling to Brazil, the consulate will suspect your motives and may cancel your visa. This is because legalisation of documents are only done when you want to apply for a permit in Brazil.

So in short, be smart. I always say, get to Brazil first and let your child be born. The rest will take care of itself as long as you have a Brazilian child.

Peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
OneNaija:

Please I would love to ask if it is wise for my wife to apply for Brazil visa through Portuguese Langauge school in Rio. So she can obtain student visa? Please I need ur reply. Thank.

The Brasilian consulate offers language course that get you an entry for university..265a kofo Abayomi VI.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
afelouz:

Thanks alot �

I usually advice you get in first, before you do your police report because once it passed 90 days you have to do another one
if you have a baby before you give birth to the brasilian citizen,the unborn child will have to live in Brazil for 4years before he or she can get the passport and that child must get it before eightneen years of age.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
justwise:

was i shouting noo..You can stick to the madam that knows it all.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:

OneNaija Thanks. The funny thing is that she called me a liar when i actually got my passport less than a month ago and i lived in Brazil for just a year. I posted official sources of the immigration office that process immigration matters and she did not say anything about it.

It is just not right for Zizi to make claims she has no idea about. I promise not to comment on this again. Everyone here is free to say what they think and beleive. It’s up to each individual to do their own research.

Peace
Madam am not draging with you o...am proud to have two people on there and they both stayed in my house .I am not afarid to drop my information at all.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
afelouz:

Thanks alot �

To your second question. Please note that i have not done this before, i am only going to speak on the basis of what the law states.

In principle, your already existing child must be present in Brazil and apply for “provisional Nationality Certificate”. This can only be done after your newborn arrives as your other child will apply on the basis of his/her sibling (the newborn). Whiles your newborn can obtain his or her passport immediately as he or she is a natural born Brazilian, your already existing child is actually now applying to be Brazilian first. This process should take the same amount of time as your PR application.

After your already existing child receives the certificate for “Provisional naturalization “ then he or she is now Brazilian and can apply for a Passport.

It is called Provisional Nationality because, your already existing child must confirm that he or she wants to stay Brazilian at the age of 18. After this confirmation, then child is now a Brazilian.

However note that, there is no difference between Provisional naturalisation and your other natural Brazilian child. Their passports will be the same. The only difference is that your already existing child must confirm at 18 and cannot become a President of Brazil while your natural born Brazilian child can become President.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:

Peace

OneNaija am sorry about the use or choice of my words,am not here to make anyone feel bad No I just people to know truth about the immigration system and if anyone doubt me check with the embassy and am not an agent but someone that extend a hand to another fellow that need my help...Once again if i have insulted anyone in express myself am deeply sorry.peace

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=Zizi81 post=83107785].....
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 6:53pm On Oct 13, 2019
justwise:

I was not shouting i only prefer to write in caps...noted
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:

The police report must not have been more than 90 days old at the time of PR application in Brazil. It must also be legalized. To do so, take the police report to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria for legalisation. After which you take it to the Brazilian consulate in Nigeria for final legalisation. After the documents arrive in Brazil, you must translate it with a translator authorised by the Brazilian authorities in Brazil. Only after these steps it will be accepted my Police Federal for the application.

If you are going to be in Brazil for more than 90 days before your baby is born, then give your friend or family member a copy of your passport in Nigeria to apply for the police report and do all the above on your behalf and then send them to you in Brazil.

Finally, because the Brazilian consulate has to legalise the document, if you go for legalisation before traveling to Brazil, the consulate will suspect your motives and may cancel your visa. This is because legalisation of documents are only done when you want to apply for a permit in Brazil.

So in short, be smart. I always say, get to Brazil first and let your child be born. The rest will take care of itself as long as you have a Brazilian child.

Peace
Please kindly list out the docs needed for the PR can't find it on the thread
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 7:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:

Madam am not draging with you o...am proud to have two people on there and they both stayed in my house .I am not afarid to drop my information at all.
Please some help here when I get to the sao paulo airport from lagos how to i navigate to florianopolis air or bus?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
ALERT

Hello guys. I am going to stop giving infos for a while because i think i know what is actually happening. I will let it rest a while and come back.

It’s a strategy i know well about. So this is my view on what is happening.

There is an attempt to discredit the main person giving infos here. In doing so, they claim to be working with immigration and know the immigration law. They contradict everything i say and claim the other way. They simply want to create so much confusion here that you will not be willing to apply for visas to Brazil again because you are not sure what is true and what is not.

So i will stay silent for a while and come back when things calm down.

Peace

10 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
OneNaija:
@adjo, I don’t see any reason for zizi81 to lied here. You guys should calm down. It might be misunderstanding. Welcome Zizi81. Please guys make your point without fighting please. Cheers.

@OneNaija thanks,everything can be varified at the consulate and @Adjo Am sorry about the use of my words but am right about the immigration process thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:
ALERT

Hello guys. I am going to stop giving infos for a while because i think i know what is actually happening. I will let it rest a while and come back.

There is an attempt to discredit the main person giving infos here. In doing so, they claim to be working with immigration and know the immigration law. They contradict everything i say and claim the other way. They simply want to create so much confusion here that you will not be willing to apply for visas to Brazil again because you are note sure what is true and what is not.

Peace

This is what I just said up there they made me give up on South korea I ran here for help now this.... for the sake of my wife and unborn children I beg you to please ignore these people our govt has failed I can't fail my generation please stay on the thread your response motivate alot of people here I beg of you Ma'am

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2019
juliusocean:

Please some help here when I get to the sao paulo airport from lagos how to i navigate to florianopolis air or bus?

you can get a connecting flight or go to the bus station @ tamina tietie
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:

you can get a connecting flight or go to the bus station @ tamina tietie
Please help readers with the docs for the PR application
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by adigunomomama(m): 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:
ALERT

There is an attempt to discredit the main person giving infos here. In doing so, they claim to be working with immigration and know the immigration law. They contradict everything i say and claim the other way. They simply want to create so much confusion here that you will not be willing to apply for visas to Brazil again because you are not sure what is true and what is not.

Peace

Hello, you don't have to silent because you don't know people gaining from the informations you are sharing here, for the sake of God don't stop. Just continue. We have many ghost reader in this thread and Nairaland has been like this for years, someone will criticize you no matter what.

This is just a mere misunderstanding between you people, because from my understanding Brazil things are complicated, someone can get his/her PR withing a month and you see another person struggling to get his own for years, I am talking with experience because I live here. I will not deny you talking about getting your passport within a year rather than ask how you go about it because it might be due to your location. Here in Sao Paulo, they will tell you in Lapa to stay for 2-5yrs before they collect passport application from you and in other states it's a different things...for example when I submitted my PR, Sao Paulo rejected it and I traveled to Parana to do it, they received it and processed for 2 weeks and email me to come for my PR, it's still a shock to many in Sao Paulo till date because I was new here when I have my PR. So when someone tells me about a law in Brazil, I listen to the person and hear his story out because it's crazy here.

Zizi please easy on your response, adjo has been here for a while dishing information to people, if you want to correct him/her do it in a polite way.

And let me add this, to apply for passport in Brazil depends on the state policia federal you re located. In Sao Paulo if it's marriage you have to wait for 2-5yrs (from what they told me in Lapa back in 2017) and in State of Parana it's just a year either marriage or child birth (updated last year)

Processing of PR in SP do take time because of the traffic, we have other countries applying too not just Nigeria and if your application is stuck, you might not receive your PR for years because amendment is hard for them but in other states it's easier even in SP interior

From the law to get a passport you must past the Celpe-bras exam (Portuguese language text like TOEFL) or you have a certificate of Portuguese class ( not all policia federal accept this)

Contacting C. Ccx

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by adigunomomama(m): 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:
ALERT

Peace

Hello, you don't have to silent because you don't know people gaining from the informations you are sharing here, for the sake of God don't stop. Just continue. We have many ghost reader in this thread and Nairaland has been like this for years, someone will criticize you no matter what.

This is just a mere misunderstanding between you people, because from my understanding Brazil things are complicated, someone can get his/her PR withing a month and you see another person struggling to get his own for years, I am talking with experience because I live here. I will not deny you talking about getting your passport within a year rather than ask how you go about it because it might be due to your location. Here in Sao Paulo, they will tell you in Lapa to stay for 2-5yrs before they collect passport application from you and in other states it's a different things...for example when I submitted my PR, Sao Paulo rejected it and I traveled to Parana to do it, they received it and processed for 2 weeks and email me to come for my PR, it's still a shock to many in Sao Paulo till date because I was new here when I have my PR. So when someone tells me about a law in Brazil, I listen to the person and hear his story out because it's crazy here.

Zizi please easy on your response, adjo has been here for a while dishing information to people, if you want to correct him/her do it in a polite way.

And let me add this, to apply for passport in Brazil depends on the state policia federal you re located. In Sao Paulo if it's marriage you have to wait for 2-5yrs (from what they told me in Lapa back in 2017) and in State of Parana it's just a year either marriage or child birth (updated last year)

Processing of PR in SP do take time because of the traffic, we have other countries applying too not just Nigeria and if your application is stuck, you might not receive your PR for years because amendment is hard for them but in other states it's easier even in SP interior

From the law to get a passport you must past the Celpe-bras exam (Portuguese language text like TOEFL) or you have a certificate of Portuguese class ( not all policia federal accept this)

And about people that has lived here for years without having PR or Passport, I need to clear this most Nigerians don't mind about papers or don't know how to go about it due to the freedom we have here, no one will disturb you and Brazil hardly deport people. So most don't even care they just keep working or doing their things, I have a friend here that has gave birth since 2017 and have not even care to apply for PR, but his name is registered as the father of the baby.

Lastly because of the language barrier many people don't even know how to go about applying for PR, some has qualified for PR and still using protocol to live here.

So the laws are crazy here, so you guys should take a chill pill

My advice for you guys planning to come here is just to prepare for anything because it's tough here and anything can happen.

Odabo.

13 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
Thanks for the explanation, since I will be in Brazil 2months before the delivery of the baby, I can do the police report a week to departure and give it to a friend.

Other documents like marriage certificate, do I need to legalize that too at the ministry of foreign affairs?

Is legalizing a document at the ministry of foreign affair same as a notary public?

But won’t it be funny when they see ones name after they asked and issue the visa because you said you weren’t pregnant. Hope they cant decide not to legalize the document based on this?

Adjo10:

Peace

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
afelouz:
Thanks for the explanation, since I will be in Brazil 2months before the delivery of the baby, I can do the police report a week to departure and give it to a friend.

Other documents like marriage certificate, do I need to legalize that too at the ministry of foreign affairs?

Is legalizing a document at the ministry of foreign affair same as a notary public?

But won’t it be funny when they see ones name after they asked and issue the visa because you said you weren’t pregnant. Hope they cant decide not to legalize the document based on this?

What are the other documents needed for the PR
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
Thanks for your response but I’m confused.
Who is waiting for 4 years to get the PP. the new born or the sibling?

Gurus should please come and explain. God bless
Zizi81:

I usually advice you get in first, before you do your police report because once it passed 90 days you have to do another one
if you have a baby before you give birth to the brasilian citizen,the unborn child will have to live in Brazil for 4years before he or she can get the passport and that child must get it before eightneen years of age.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
God bless you. Just continue doing the good job you are doing please. God will reward you because lowkey, you have helped alot of people here and even the ghost readers.

I still have many questions so please don't abandon this thread
Adjo10:

To your second question. Please note that i have not done this before, i am only going to speak on the basis of what the law states.

In principle, your already existing child must be present in Brazil and apply for “provisional Nationality Certificate”. This can only be done after your newborn arrives as your other child will apply on the basis of his/her sibling (the newborn). Whiles your newborn can obtain his or her passport immediately as he or she is a natural born Brazilian, your already existing child is actually now applying to be Brazilian first. This process should take the same amount of time as your PR application.

After your already existing child receives the certificate for “Provisional naturalization “ then he or she is now Brazilian and can apply for a Passport.

It is called Provisional Nationality because, your already existing child must confirm that he or she wants to stay Brazilian at the age of 18. After this confirmation, then child is now a Brazilian.

However note that, there is no difference between Provisional naturalisation and your other natural Brazilian child. Their passports will be the same. The only difference is that your already existing child must confirm at 18 and cannot become a President of Brazil while your natural born Brazilian child can become President.

Cheers
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
afelouz:
Thanks for your response but I’m confused.
Who is waiting for 4 years to get the PP. the new born or the sibling?

Gurus should please come and explain. God bless
The sibling
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
OK so according to google these are the documents needed wen applying for a PR

.Original Police Clearance Certificate
*.Original and photocopy of passport
*.Curriculum Vitae
*.Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
*.Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
*.Professional and academic certificates
*.Evidence of Residential Address
*.Bank Statement
*.Certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents (if applicable)
*.Business Plan
*.Two passport-size photos

Experts please review

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
afelouz:

Good question @Adjo10 I found this on the consulate website

In order to proceed with the authentication of documents, this Consulate General expects a letter stating the reason why the authentication is necessary (where is the authenticated document going to be used).If your authentication concerns matters of immigration, be sure to include copies of the previous visas used to enter into Brazil and any other documents that might justify your demand (marriage certificate, birth certificate, RNE).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (181) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.