Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (358217 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 9:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
Adjo10:

The fine is Rs 100 per day. And the maximum fine is Rs 10,000. The maximum fine means that you cannot be fine more than Rs 10,000 no matter the number of days you overstay. So i don’t understand your calculations. Thanks
Do you mean I and wife will pay the fine of Rs 10000 together or separately (per head)
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:59pm On Oct 12, 2019
juliusocean:

Ma'am my wife is not even showing yet how many times can we extend b4 we get hit with the fine..
If we extend for 3 months that's six will we keep extending?

Firstly, it is not safe for your wife to travel in her first trimester. So the first 3 months if pregnancy is out. The remaining 6 months of your visa should be fine. If not, you can overstay as long as you want (a century) and the maximum fine that you can be charged is Rs 10,000 simple. When your baby is born, you pay the fine and your overstay record is wiped clean because you are now the parent of a Brazilian. No other country in the world would do that. That is why i love Brazil.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
juliusocean:

Do you mean I and wife will pay the fine of Rs 10000 together or separately (per head)

Per head and you should thankful for that because if it were to be USA or Canada, you will be banned for 10 years. You will have an American child but you will not see US with your 2 eyes again lol

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Honestly, you will not need to overstay if your purpose is to go and give birth in Brazil.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
Adjo10:

Per head and you should thankful for that because if it were to be USA or Canada, you will be banned for 10 years. You will have an American child but you will not see US with your 2 eyes again lol
I hope their public health care has a budget for premature babies wink grin
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
Adjo10:
Honestly, you will not need to overstay if your purpose is to go and give birth in Brazil.
Ma'am I don't think we'll be coming back to Africa full steam ahead no side mirrors lol

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 10:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
@MrBrownJay1 @Adjo10 When ever a country gives you a visa... There's a duration of time you can stay outside the country before making use of the visa right any idea about brazil?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Shallypop(f): 3:16am On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:

You know with our green passport, traveling and visa is a privilege. Aside other things, we also try to get a lot of visas and travel to make our green passport “fit” for the next visa application.

With my Brazilian passport, i don’t need visas to most of these countries. I can travel anytime and mostly anywhere. I don’t see the urgency in traveling anymore. I don’t see the need to get stamps in my passport to make it look good. It is already good by itself.

Finally, i don’t actually know what I’m going to see in the UK, France or South Korea for example that i cannot see here. If i will travel, it most definitely not going to be for tourism but rather for work or other things.
You got your Brazilian pp in less than 2 years? Hmmm. Just curious to know how you did that. I know hundreds of educated people dat has lived there for over 5yrs and yet to get one. Some even passed exams but still awaiting their passports.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2019
Shallypop:
You got your Brazilian pp in less than 2 years? Hmmm. Just curious to know how you did that. I know hundreds of educated people dat has lived there for over 5yrs and yet to get one. Some even passed exams but still awaiting their passports.

Anyone who gives birth in Brazil receives permanent residency immediately the child is born and both parents and siblings of the new born baby become Brazilians after living in Brazil for just 1 year. This and marrying a Brazilian are the only 2 easiest ways of becoming a Brazilian. Everyone else has to wait 4 to 15 years to become Brazilian depending on your circumstances. Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:11am On Oct 13, 2019
juliusocean:

Ma'am I don't think we'll be coming back to Africa full steam ahead no side mirrors lol

Lol. Once your baby is born. There is nothing like overstay. Your and your wife become permanent residents and any other children you already have who are below 10 years become automatic Brazilians. Those children you already have who are above 10 year get permanent residency like you and all of you become Brazilians after living there for 1 year. (Of course you have to learn Portuguese to be citizen).

That is why is said if your intention is to give birth in Brazil then there is nothing like overstaying for you

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:40am On Oct 13, 2019
You will have to live in Brazil to understand why the citizenship law is soo generous on families matters. Family is well respected and appreciated here. Family values are sacred. In shops, there are special VIP lanes for pregnant women and those with children to pay without joining the long queues. Same at immigration at the airport. In buses and trains, there are special seats reserved for families.

On Sundays, major streets are closed and amusement parks are established so families can walk the streets, enjoy and picnic.

That is why the constitution guarantees that the parents of a Brazilian child cannot be expelled from the country no matter your immigration status.

Apart from family, Brazilian citizenship is one of the most difficult citizenship to get on the planet. Their citizenship law is super though because they value their passport. For them to maintain the good rating of their passport as well as the visa free countries, international agreements requires them to make obtaining their citizenship and passport difficult.

Thank God for children. They can be a blessing especially in a country with though citizenship laws like Brazil.

Cheers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Shallypop(f): 11:20am On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:

Anyone who gives birth in Brazil receives permanent residency immediately the child is born and both parents and siblings of the new born baby become Brazilians after living in Brazil for just 1 year. This and marrying a Brazilian are the only 2 easiest ways of becoming a Brazilian. Everyone else has to wait 4 to 15 years to become Brazilian depending on your circumstances. Cheers
Thanks for the response. I know about it cos I gave birth to my baby in Brazil in and I have d PR as well. I'm just curious to know how u fast tracked yours cos I know people on PR for years still awaiting the passport. Maybe I can use your connection oo. Na to pack my bag go Brazil, sacrifice one year and get the pp.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 11:40am On Oct 13, 2019
Shallypop:
Thanks for the response. I know about it cos I gave birth to my baby in Brazil in and I have d PR as well. I'm just curious to know how u fast tracked yours cos I know people on PR for years still awaiting the passport. Maybe I can use your connection oo. Na to pack my bag go Brazil, sacrifice one year and get the pp.

I was told before 2017 citizenship applications where processed manually and it took about a year or 2 to get citizenship after application. I’m sure during your time, your PR card took about a year to arrive. These days, everything at PF has been computerized . Instead of 1 year to receive your PR card, it now takes about a month or 2 and citizenship application take about the same amount of time.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 11:47am On Oct 13, 2019
Shallypop:

Also being on PR doesn’t automatically qualify you for citizenship. If you got your PR through giving birth or marriage it 1 year to citizenship. If your got your PR through any other means, you have 4 to 15 years depending on your circumstances. For all cases however, you much learn and speak basic Portuguese, not have a criminal background etc... Maybe they have not yet fulfilled those other requirements or they obtained their PR through other means rather that a Brazilian baby or marriage.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
Icesnow:
Can you visit Chile Visa free with Brazil PR? Also, I think there's a clause in dat Chile citizenship by birth. You have to be a resident if you are a foreigner for your child to qualify for the citizenship by birth. Can you throw more light on this ma?

@Anjo10
I am so sorry to tell you that you lied! I live in Brazil,am a Brazilian I had my children in Brazil,you cannot have a child in Brazil and stay here for just one year and get the citizenship NOOOO,YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN BRAZIL FOR 4 TO 5 YEARS HAVE BEEN LEAVING HERE FOR 15YEARS AND I WORK WITH THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY...DID YOU WRITE A CITIZEN EXAM ....IF YOU HAVE A BRASILIA CHILD AUTOMATICALLY YOU GET A PREMANTE RESIDENT...BUT THE WHOLE FAMILY HAS TO LIVE IN BRAZIL FOR 4 TO FIVE YEARS.....LET PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM AND FOR HEAVEN SAKE BRAZIL IS NOT CHEAP......

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
Shallypop:

JESUS BIKO WHERE DO YOU GET ALL THIS FROM...DO YOU LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY...STOP MISSING LEADING PEOPLE...I WONT STOP TELLING YOU,YOU ONLY GAVE BIRTH HERE LAST YEAR AND YOU ARE BUSY SAYING ALL RUBBISH...CLAIMING TO BE A DON,YOU CAN TALK FOR OTHER COUNTRIES BUT NOT BRAZIL EU SOU BRASILEIRO NA BOM

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 12:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
juliusocean:

THIS TRUE...IF YOU OVER STAY YOU PAY A FINE.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
awash:
Good morning all,
Pls I need advice on giving birth in brazil. What is the cost, suggested hospitals, and how long it takes to get the child's birth certificate and passport after delivery.

GET YOUR VISA AND I CAN PUT YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:

@Anjo10
I am so sorry to tell you that you lied! I live in Brazil,am a Brazilian I had my children in Brazil,you cannot have a child in Brazil and stay here for just one year and get the citizenship NOOOO,YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN BRAZIL FOR 4 TO 5 YEARS HAVE BEEN LEAVING HERE FOR 15YEARS AND I WORK WITH THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY...DID YOU WRITE A CITIZEN EXAM ....IF YOU HAVE A BRASILIA CHILD AUTOMATICALLY YOU GET A PREMANTE RESIDENT...BUT THE WHOLE FAMILY HAS TO LIVE IN BRAZIL FOR 4 TO FIVE YEARS.....LET PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM AND FOR HEAVEN SAKE BRAZIL IS NOT CHEAP......

FROM POLICIA FEDERAL (The authority that processes Naturalisation applications) Translated using good translator. I rest my case. No need to argue with you. Find from official source below with link: Check the bolded text

1) General Information
For those who have permanence, lives in Brazil for four years, knows how to read and write Portuguese and has no conviction for over a year.

In the procedure for granting ordinary naturalization, the following shall be proven:
I - civil capacity, according to Brazilian law;
II - residence in the national territory for a minimum period of four years;
III - ability to communicate in Portuguese, considering the conditions of the naturalizing; and
IV - no criminal conviction or evidence of rehabilitation, pursuant to current legislation. Possession or ownership of property in the country will not be sufficient proof of the requirement set forth in item II, in which case the effective residence in the country must be proven . 233 will be reduced to one year if the naturalizer meets one of the following requirements:

I - have a native or naturalized Brazilian child, except for provisional naturalization; or
II - have a Brazilian spouse or partner and are not legally or in fact separated from him at the time of

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/imigracao/naturalizacao/naturalizacao-ordinaria-1/NaturalizacaoOrdinaria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:

@Anjo10

Educate yourself before you display your ignorance in public lol

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=Zizi81 post=83096752]

AM SORRY I QUOTED THE WRONG HANDLE.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:

Educate yourself before you display your ignorance in public lol
MADAMU STOP THE LIE,I WORK WITH THE IMIGRATION HERE,YOU CANNOT GET A BRASILAIN CITIZEN IN ONE YEAR STUPID
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:

@Anjo10

And also, there is no citizenship exams lol. Are you sure you are in Brazil or talking about Brazil? There is a Portuguese language test you can present as proof of your ability to speak Portuguese but it’s not compulsory anymore since 2018. If you attend a Portuguese language course, you can show that has proof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:
MADAMU STOP THE LIE,I WORK WITH THE IMIGRATION HERE,YOU CANNOT GET A BRASILAIN CITIZEN IN ONE YEAR STUPID

Well i guess you did not see or decided to ignore the official link in my message. Or maybe you cannot read the Portuguese in the link lol
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:

From some of the things you said, i can tell you that you are not in Brazil as you claim lol. You are in another country using their immigration laws to try and confused us

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adjo10:

And also, there is no citizenship exams lol. Are you sure you are in Brazil or talking about Brazil? There is a Portuguese language test you can present as proof of your ability to speak Portuguese but it’s not compulsory anymore since 2018. If you attend a Portuguese language course, you can show that has proof.

Am just laughing at you..I LIVE HERE HAD MY CHILDREN HERE,I WORK WITH THE GOVERNMENT,I HAVE RECORDS HERE...IF YOU DONT KNOW THE PROCESS ASK,BEFORE CITIZENSHIP YOU NEED TO WRITE AN EXAM IN PORTUGESES ...YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE PERFECTLY.AM IN SAO PAULO,BEEN HERE FOR OVER TEN YEARS
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=Adjo10 post=83097455]

Educate yourself before you display your ignorance in public lol[/quote

I PITY YOUR FOLLOWERS I SEE WHY THE PEOPLE HAVE DENIED VISA
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
Zizi81:

Am just laughing at you..I LIVE HERE HAD MY CHILDREN HERE,I WORK WITH THE GOVERNMENT,I HAVE RECORDS HERE...IF YOU DONT KNOW THE PROCESS ASK,BEFORE CITIZENSHIP YOU NEED TO WRITE AN EXAM IN PORTUGESES ...YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE PERFECTLY.AM IN SAO PAULO,BEEN HERE FOR OVER TEN YEARS

You said 15 years earlier and now its 10 years lol. You are not in Brazil. Even if you are, you don’t know the immigration system

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by OneNaija(m): 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
@adjo, I don’t see any reason for zizi81 to lied here. You guys should calm down. It might be misunderstanding. Welcome Zizi81. Please guys make your point without fighting please. Cheers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (181) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.