Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (355988 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by inno4u: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2019
barnaby04:
Bom dia a todos,

Como foi a tua noite?

Perhaps this is the best time for you to apply for your Brazilian visa as a tourist. The country is hosting the world under 17 football tournament later this month.

Why not take advantage of this and apply as a genuine tourist because events like this attracts football fans from around the world.

Good day, will it not raise a red flag if one apply for the tourist visa now, owing to the fact the tournament is starting this month if one is to claim is going to watch the football tournament, is it not too late to apply?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Abut4real: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hello Nairaland.
I will appreciate your kind response to my questions below.

1- What is the cheapest and easiest way to enter Sao Paulo from either Abuja or Lagos by flight.
2- What is cost of (1) above
3- I will be travelling for a research bench work at Sao paulo for 6 months, do i need to book for round trip?
Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
please i would like to say my mind since yesterday i have not been myself you come in here claiming u work with the Brazilian govt 10 yrs plus pointing fingers and calling names now @adjo10 has left the floor open u cannot answer any question u go mute,i want to ask what is really ur aim are you trying to discourage people and kill the thread or what is really your motive i see u guys everywhere why do u do this really

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by chriscole(f): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
@Adjo10 I have been a silent reader, a single mom I was referred to this thread by my boss and I have successfully submitted my application thanks to you... I just wanted you to know you're an angel you're helping countless no of people u have no idea what ever has happened here please let's put it behind and move on...we offend God every day yet we pray and he forgives us... We should learn to extend the same to our fellow humans.. Thank you and God bless.

8 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
Thank you All. I am humbled by your comments. God bless you all. It is my prayer that we all can give our children options. I don’t know much about Brazil but i will share the little i know with the hope that it will make an impact in someone’s life.

I will also encourage us all to kindly do further research on whatever is said here because we are humans and cannot know everything. Stay blessed All and let’s keep the thread alive.

Thanks

11 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
juliusocean:
OK so according to google these are the documents needed wen applying for a PR

.Original Police Clearance Certificate
*.Original and photocopy of passport
*.Curriculum Vitae
*.Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
*.Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
*.Professional and academic certificates
*.Evidence of Residential Address
*.Bank Statement
*.Certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents (if applicable)
*.Business Plan
*.Two passport-size photos

Experts please review

Thanks juliusocean. For the documents for PR application as parents of a Brazilian baby you need the following:

1. Original birth certificate of the baby (This is the basis for which you are claiming PR)

2. Your own birth certificate clearly showing the name of your parents ( This is because your own parents too can apply for PR once you have been granted one). This must be legalised and translated into Portuguese in Brazil. (Please follow the legalisation process i outlined yesterday.

3. Your passport

4. Police report of your country and any country you have live in in the last 5 years. (Not countries you have visited but lived in). Also legalised and translated.

5. A PR application form filled online and printed with the fee paid at the Banco do Brazil.

6. 2 passport photos

7. Proof of address in Brazil ( This is in most cases already on the newborn’s birth certificate).

8. Your CPF (tax number). Anyone can obtain this number so far as you are in Brazil. Wether a tourist or resident.

This is all you need. The immigration officer reserves the right to ask you for further documents but in most cases they don’t. This is just enough.

Please note that you don’t necessarily need to present a marriage certificate because it is acceptable by the law to be not married but have a child together. After all you are not applying based on marriage but based on a common child. It is however advisable to have your marriage certificate with you just in case but generally it is not needed.

Finally, you don’t need any proof of employment or funds. The Brazilian constitution guarantees that parents of a Brazilian child cannot be expelled from Brazil no matter what, wether poor or rich.

Cheers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
afelouz:
Thanks for the explanation, since I will be in Brazil 2months before the delivery of the baby, I can do the police report a week to departure and give it to a friend.

Other documents like marriage certificate, do I need to legalize that too at the ministry of foreign affairs?

Is legalizing a document at the ministry of foreign affair same as a notary public?

But won’t it be funny when they see ones name after they asked and issue the visa because you said you weren’t pregnant. Hope they cant decide not to legalize the document based on this?

Hey afelouz. You do notary before submitting it to foreign affairs.

You only need marriage certificate if you are applying for PR on the bases of marriage. For PR based on a Brazilian child, you don’t need. In any case, it is always safer to have more documents than less. So yes, you need to legalise the marriage certificate too.

About it being funny with the embassy. It doesn’t matter whatever you told the embassy or even if you entered illegally, when your baby is born, you are no more a tourist. You are now a resident so they embassy will legalise it for you.

That is why they are trying to prevent pregnant women from going in the first place because they know so far as the baby is born in Brazil they have no more power. The constitution is supreme and everyone must bow down to the constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by uchman(m): 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
Adjo10:
Thank you All. I am humbled by your comments. God bless you all. It is my prayer that we all can give our children options. I don’t know much about Brazil but i will share the little i know with the hope that it will make an impact in someone’s life.

I will also encourage us all to kindly do further research on whatever is said here because we are humans and cannot know everything. Stay blessed All and let’s keep the thread alive.

Thanks

Thanks Adjo10

Nothing beat selfless effort...
A beg over sabi sabi people that can not offer us anything...
Biko swerve...

We don't want to know about you...

We all have our share of life...

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2019
Sometimes through my responses, it may seem that Brazil is cheap in-terms of immigration. In actually fact, it is not. Brazil has one of the most rigid immigration laws in the world. It just happened that the rigidity has a legal lop hole when it comes to having a baby. This legal loop hole has not changed yet because of the latin america’s attitude towards family values and also because it is is not simply an immigration law which can be changed overnight but rather a constitutional provision which is difficult to amend. If for example birth citizenship right was not constitutional in US, Donald Trump would have done something about it from day 1 in office. It is the same in Brazil.

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
All hail Adjo10 the lady with a heart of Gold
Blessed are you among women

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2019
Thanks alot for the headsup and for coming back to the thread. I have started making arrangements to come in December or January at most. I have concluded on Floripa but the real estate agent I met from an expat group I belong too was concerned as december/january is a busy period for tourists and hardly will one get a good apartment or even get any at'all in Floripa. So, is there any other suggestion or a nearby city that is safe that one can live till the tourists in Floripa are gone? I really don't want to go to Rio or SP.

Also, both husband and wife will get their police report separately right?

thanks alot.
Adjo10:

Hey afelouz. You do notary before submitting it to foreign affairs.

You only need marriage certificate if you are applying for PR on the bases of marriage. For PR based on a Brazilian child, you don’t need. In any case, it is always safer to have more documents than less. So yes, you need to legalise the marriage certificate too.

About it being funny with the embassy. It doesn’t matter whatever you told the embassy or even if you entered illegally, when your baby is born, you are no more a tourist. You are now a resident so they embassy will legalise it for you.

That is why they are trying to prevent pregnant women from going in the first place because they know so far as the baby is born in Brazil they have no more power. The constitution is supreme and everyone must bow down to the constitution.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2019
afelouz:
Thanks alot for the headsup and for coming back to the thread. I have started making arrangements to come in December or January at most. I have concluded on Floripa but the real estate agent I met from an expat group I belong too was concerned as december/january is a busy period for tourists and hardly will one get a good apartment or even get any at'all in Floripa. So, is there any other suggestion or a nearby city that is safe that one can live till the tourists in Floripa are gone? I really don't want to go to Rio or SP.

Also, both husband and wife will get their police report separately right?

thanks alot.

Hello afelouz. If you already have your visa then i suggest you head to Airbnb website. It will show you all available accommodation and prices in Florianopolis for the month of December and January. You can even book them ahead if you want. This will give you an idea of the accommodation situation in the city. You can also do same for other cities to get an idea.

There are cheaper options on local websites but honestly, I’m not familiar with them. Maybe @MrBrownJay1 may be able to help with suggestions.

You can try Joinville. It is not far from Floripa. Though Floripa is the capital of SC, Jointville is the biggest city. Accommodation may be cheaper and available there because it is not a tourist hotspot like Florianopolis. Accommodation in Florianopolis is expensive because rich Americans and Westerners come there for holidays.

Finally, another city which is not in the same state as Florianopolis but equally safe and less expensive is Curitiba. Very beautiful city.

I highly suggest Airbnb because in addition to accommodation, you get a friendly owner who will be willing to show you around and even translate for you. Filter on the website for owner who speak English.

To your second question. Yes both you and your wife get your own documents and police report. You people are applying as 2 different individual who have a child together. Marriage is not relevant here. Each of you are applying as individual parents. However carry your marriage certificate with you. It will be only useful if they doubt that you are the father.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Acme45: 10:29am On Oct 15, 2019
Adjo10:

Thanks juliusocean. For the documents for PR application as parents of a Brazilian baby you need the following:

1. Original birth certificate of the baby (This is the basis for which you are claiming PR)

2. Your own birth certificate clearly showing the name of your parents ( This is because your own parents too can apply for PR once you have been granted one). This must be legalised and translated into Portuguese in Brazil. (Please follow the legalisation process i outlined yesterday.

3. Your passport

4. Police report of your country and any country you have live in in the last 5 years. (Not countries you have visited but lived in). Also legalised and translated.

5. A PR application form filled online and printed with the fee paid at the Banco do Brazil.

6. 2 passport photos

7. Proof of address in Brazil ( This is in most cases already on the newborn’s birth certificate).

8. Your CPF (tax number). Anyone can obtain this number so far as you are in Brazil. Wether a tourist or resident.

This is all you need. The immigration officer reserves the right to ask you for further documents but in most cases they don’t. This is just enough.

Please note that you don’t necessarily need to present a marriage certificate because it is acceptable by the law to be not married but have a child together. After all you are not applying based on marriage but based on a common child. It is however advisable to have your marriage certificate with you just in case but generally it is not needed.

Finally, you don’t need any proof of employment or funds. The Brazilian constitution guarantees that parents of a Brazilian child cannot be expelled from Brazil no matter what, wether poor or rich.

Cheers
pls in a case where one's wife is unable to get there can a girl get prego and work along with the wife for the same purpose?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2019
Adjo10:

You can try Joinville. It is not far from Floripa. Though Floripa is the capital of SC, Jointville is the biggest city. Accommodation may be cheaper and available there because it is not a tourist hotspot like Florianopolis. Accommodation in Florianopolis is expensive because rich Americans and Westerners come there for holidays.

Very true... Floripa is expensive comparing to other cities in the state of Santa Catarina...but then, again you have to remember that also rich people from Sao Paulo and Río go to Floripa during the summer months. So the city truly gets saturated from beginning of december to mid february with Argentines going for Cheap vacation in brasil (aka can't afford to go all the way up to Rio) and rich people from Rio/SP. Só many better cities to go to in the south of Brasil BUT... you have to remember that SC is the state where them nazis ran to after the war... there is even a town called "little Germany" there aka BLUMENAU, and just for the record, 30% of the people there are from German decent and as a black person you will quickly get to figure it out.. not enough diversity there imho. Lol.

Joinville is more like a small beach town while Curitiba is a major city. So depending on what lifestyle people prefer, they can choose between the two. I personally wouldn't move there solely because Joinville would be too small for a proper place to start life over while Curitiba would not have enough of the glitz that Rio/SP got.. but then again, if people are going to give birth, Joinville might be quieter and better for immigration issues (less queues, fast expedition etc)

As for Airbnb, I believe that 1 week top, is the most anyone should stay before they can find more affordable local accommodation. No need to spend so much for so little.... for the price of a 2bedroom apt anywhere, you will only get a studio for the same price on Airbnb. Not worth it.

Again, people should check the website i posted earlier, and check prices... then compare the monthly prices on Airbnb for same neighborhoods...

Here is an idea below: furnished 1 bedroom apt in joinville (centro) will cost you monthly 600reais + 280Reais Condominio (aka building taxes) total: 880Reais. Thats about 215 USD...Airbnb for an apt in Joinville centro is about 15USD per night...thus a total of 450 USD for 30days....with the monthly Airbnb discount, you may get the apt for 375/400USD....there is no comparison.

8 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2019
Acme45:
pls in a case where one's wife is unable to get there can a girl get prego and work along with the wife for the same purpose?

I do not understand your question please. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by chriscole(f): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
Adjo10 now has a huge fan base o even in my office lol good to have you back grin
Many thanks to MrBrownJay1 maximum respect sir
Policia Federal agents please stay away....

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by jammyunn(m): 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
ThinkWISELY:

Till now?
I think so
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hello house when sending documents to brazil from nigeria what courier service is best?

And also a lot of locations have been suggested florianopolis joinville floripa salvador I think am confused now considering we will be settling down there after birth of the child which of these cities will be favorable in terms of work, cost etc

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by chriscole(f): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Very true... Floripa is expensive comparing to other cities in the state of Santa Catarina...but then, again you have to remember that also rich people from Sao Paulo and Río go to Floripa during the summer months. So the city truly gets saturated from beginning of december to mid february with Argentines going for Cheap vacation in brasil (aka can't afford to go all the way up to Rio) and rich people from Rio/SP. Só many better cities to go to in the south of Brasil BUT... you have to remember that SC is the state where them nazis ran to after the war... there is even a town called "little Germany" there aka BLUMENAU, and just for the record, 30% of the people there are from German decent and as a black person you will quickly get to figure it out.. not enough diversity there imho. Lol.

Joinville is more like a small beach town while Curitiba is a major city. So depending on what lifestyle people prefer, they can choose between the two. I personally wouldn't move there solely because Joinville would be too small for a proper place to start life over while Curitiba would not have enough of the glitz that Rio/SP got.. but then again, if people are going to give birth, Joinville might be quieter and better for immigration issues (less queues, fast expedition etc)

As for Airbnb, I believe that 1 week top, is the most anyone should stay before they can find more affordable local accommodation. No need to spend so much for so little.... for the price of a 2bedroom apt anywhere, you will only get a studio for the same price on Airbnb. Not worth it.

Again, people should check the website i posted earlier, and check prices... then compare the monthly prices on Airbnb for same neighborhoods...

Here is an idea below: furnished 1 bedroom apt in joinville (centro) will cost you monthly 600reais + 280Reais Condominio (aka building taxes) total: 880Reais. Thats about 215 USD...Airbnb for an apt in Joinville centro is about 15USD per night...thus a total of 450 USD for 30days....with the monthly Airbnb discount, you may get the apt for 375/400USD....there is no comparison.

Sir I couldn't open the site you provided it keeps giving me the Error message)(access denied)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2019
chriscole:
Sir I couldn't open the site you provided it keeps giving me the Error message)(access denied) 

Zapimoveis.com.br

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Zapimoveis.com.br
Access denied

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
chriscole:

juliusocean:

Access denied

Maybe the site is not accessible from your location... but I could certainly access it from Europe and I can access it now from Colombia.

Try to use a free online proxy...(like hidemyass .com) and use their Germany or USA server to check the site from your location.

To use hidemyass .com ... just go to the site, go all the way down then click on FREE WEB PROXY...then enter the website address that is blocked from your location, change server to USA/Germany or Holland then click ACCEPT
AND CONNECT.. et voilà!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 9:08am On Oct 17, 2019
juliusocean:

Access denied

Use VPN to access it .
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by SirTokunbo: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
Adjo10:

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your contributions so far, I have been a Guest/silent reader and i must say that you have been very helpful. Please I need information on how to apply for PR if one isn’t in the country or apply for visa using one’s child (who is a Brazilian) documents.

My wife is expected to give birth this month in Brazil but I’m unable to join her because my visa application was previously denied . Is there a way I can apply for my PR here or reapply for visa using my child ‘s documents?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2019
SirTokunbo:

Hello,

Thank you for your contributions so far, I have been a Guest/silent reader and i must say that you have been very helpful. Please I need information on how to apply for PR if one isn’t in the country or apply for visa using one’s child (who is a Brazilian) documents.

My wife is expected to give birth this month in Brazil but I’m unable to join her because my visa application was previously denied . Is there a way I can apply for my PR here or reapply for visa using my child ‘s documents?

Hello SirTokunbo. Congratulations on your wife making it to Brazil. You can only apply for PR at the Polícia Federal in Brazil by being physically present. But there is good news. Let your wife ensure that your name is on the baby’s birth certificate as well as the baby’s passport. Then use your baby’s birth certificate to apply for visa category XI. You will be granted irrespective of your previous denial. It is a special visa for your case. You then have to report to PF in Brazil within 60-90 days of your arrival in Brazil to apply for your PR. Here is the link of the requirements for the XI visa at the consulate in Lagos. You just need to provide the documents that falls in your category. Copy and past the link in your browser.

http://lagos.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/vitem_xi_(family_reunion).xml

Cheers

14 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by SirTokunbo: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
Adjo10:

Hello SirTokunbo. Congratulations on your wife making it to Brazil. You can only apply for PR at the Polícia Federal in Brazil by being physically present. But there is good news. Let your wife ensure that your name is on the baby’s birth certificate as well as the baby’s passport. Then use your baby’s birth certificate to apply for visa category XI. You will be granted irrespective of your previous denial. It is a special visa for your case. You then have to report to PF in Brazil within 60-90 days of your arrival in Brazil to apply for your PR. Here is the link of the requirements for the XI visa at the consulate in Lagos. You just need to provide the documents that falls in your category. Copy and past the link in your browser.

http://lagos.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/vitem_xi_(family_reunion).xml

Cheers

Thank you so much for this, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2019
SirTokunbo:

Thank you so much for this, God bless you.

Amen. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by marina101: 12:13am On Oct 18, 2019
Adjo10:

Amen. Thanks

Hello Adjo,

Please If I request to get my passport and document back from the Brazil embassy, you know how long I can go pick it up? I have applied for a tourist visa for up to 30 business days and no response yet. I need to make use of my passport for other things. Can I request to get my international passport and documents back?

Thank You

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by OneNaija(m): 5:47am On Oct 18, 2019
I just want to advice any man at there wish to apply for Brazil tourist visa. He should add criminal record authenticate by Ministry of foreign affairs. If not your visa will be denied in Brasília, Brazil. Drug issue is a big subject in Brazil and Nigeria is a suspect.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2019
OneNaija:
I just want to advice any man at there wish to apply for Brazil tourist visa. He should add criminal record authenticate by Ministry of foreign affairs. If not your visa will be denied in Brasília, Brazil. Drug issue is a big subject in Brazil and Nigeria is a suspect.
Did you apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.