Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,665 members, 7,959,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (398788 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by OneNaija(m): 9:02am On Oct 18, 2019
@ juliusocean

A friend applied but was denied due to the fact they suspected every Nigerian man mission to brazil although not in Lagos but Europe. My observation they need criminal record from your home country.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2019
marina101:

Hello Adjo,

Please If I request to get my passport and document back from the Brazil embassy, you know how long I can go pick it up? I have applied for a tourist visa for up to 30 business days and no response yet. I need to make use of my passport for other things. Can I request to get my international passport and documents back?

Thank You

Hi marina101. I sympathize with you for your delay. Unfortunately i have no idea how to request a passport back. My suggestion will be to contact the embassy. According to their website, if your visa is not approved within 21 business days then you should contact them.

All the best and hope you hear something positive. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by marina101: 10:32am On Oct 18, 2019
Adjo10:

Hi marina101. I sympathize with you for your delay. Unfortunately i have no idea how to request a passport back. My suggestion will be to contact the embassy. According to their website, if your visa is not approved within 21 business days then you should contact them.

All the best and hope you hear something positive. Thanks

I have contacted them, they only replied by sending me a link to track application.

I have sent them an email to request my passport back, yet to get a response. They barely respond to emails and that's their only means of communication.

Thank you anyway.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 10:43am On Oct 18, 2019
marina101:

I have contacted them, they only replied by sending me a link to track application.

I have sent them an email to request my passport back, yet to get a response. They barely respond to emails and that's their only means of communication.

Thank you anyway.
Have you tracked the application? i think by now there should be a verdict already 31days thats more than enough time...
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by marina101: 11:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
juliusocean:

Have you tracked the application? i think by now there should be a verdict already 31days thats more than enough time...

Yes, I have been tracking the application. The Situation has been " Under Review"
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 6:54am On Oct 19, 2019
marina101:

Yes, I have been tracking the application. The Situation has been " Under Review"
Well due to the festive season they'll be receiving an immense number of applications Brazil is a tourist country, since the app goes straight to brazil it will surely take some time i think the best time to apply might be middle of the year... Maybe
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by swifteddy: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
Please i need some advise on how to proceed.Now it's required to provide flight itenary when applying online and when submitting the application.I tried doing that using South Africa Airways to get that and was able to book on hold for just 72hours before payment thereafter it will cancel.can I go ahead to submit the itinerary online like that with that booking on hold ?
my fear is that I wouldnt want to go and pay for a flight since am not sure yet about the visa even if I and my wife have all the requirements.
Those in the house who have applied should please suggest how they provided the itenary or how they do it.@ afelouz,@ Adjo and anyone else.
Thanks everyone in advance
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
swifteddy:
Please i need some advise on how to proceed.Now it's required to provide flight itenary when applying online and when submitting the application.I tried doing that using South Africa Airways to get that and was able to book on hold for just 72hours before payment thereafter it will cancel.can I go ahead to submit the itinerary online like that with that booking on hold ?
my fear is that I wouldnt want to go and pay for a flight since am not sure yet about the visa even if I and my wife have all the requirements.
Those in the house who have applied should please suggest how they provided the itenary or how they do it.@ afelouz,@ Adjo and anyone else.

Hey swifteddy. Good question. I had the exact same question during my visa application time. This is what i did. I booked a return flights and opted to pay within 72 hours. I printed the itinerary and then let it expired. I uploaded it in the visa application system that way. On my submission day, i told the visa officer exactly what i did and explained to him that i couldn’t have bought the ticket because i was not sure of wether i will get the visa or not. The VO told me i did the right thing and that i was not expected to buy the ticket anyway.

My visa was approved without any issues. My suggestion:

Do not buy the ticket yet. Upload the itinerary and print a copy for submission. Explain it to the VO just to be sure things have not changed. If he tells you it’s fine then you are good to go. If he tells you otherwise then follow his recommendations.

Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
swifteddy:
QUOTING FROM THEIR WEBSITE
TICKETS AND RESERVATIONS
It is mandatory to have or present Evidence of your flight/bus/voyage tickets or hotel reservations when applying for the visa. But Consulate General of Brazil actually recommends that you wait until you have your visa at hand before you buy your tickets. Presenting your tickets is not a guarantee that your visa will be processed faster. We will try to issue your visa as soon as possible but, depending on the demand for visas at the time you apply, we may not be able to issue your visa in time if you apply too close to the date you plan to travel. Don’t take for granted past experiences of friends or relatives who might have had visas issued faster in the past. The demand for visas varies a lot throughout the year and is highly influenced by currency exchange rates, important events, flight or cruise ticket sales etc. Also, the safest source of information is the Consulate itself.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
swifteddy:

Buy a fully refundable ticket... business class (check small print) or full fare economy ticket. Then when the visa is approved you get a refund and buy the proper ticket, if visa is denied you get a refund of your money.

There are some websites that give you fake flight confirmation, but most proper embassies know about these fake ticket sites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hi,

You don't need to book a paid flight itinerary. just do the usual dummy ticket that usually gets cancelled after 24/48/72hrs. Ther embassy does not expect you to pay for the flight, they just want to see how much it will cost you to fly to your destination. don't book a non refundable ticket also, I don't think there is a need for that. They can't deny you based on that. if you pay for the flight and you don't have enough money or missing documents, one can still be denied. I booked my ticket on wakanow a week before submission and it got expired a day after booking it, thats almost a 6 days before submission.

and also, the online application, I only upload the signature, passport photograph and international passport. There is no compulsory option for flight ticket upload unless its a new development.

NOTE: for my schengen visas, I just go to google, enter the flight dates and print the screenshot with the flight fee without any booking confirmations.

swifteddy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by swifteddy: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ok thanks my brother Afeez,thanks again Adjo,and thank you all for your sincere suggestions.I sincerely appreciate.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by inno4u: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2019
swifteddy:

Travel agent company can help you book airline and hotel reservations for a token, without you necessarily paying the airline ticket or hotel amount, Airline companies do give privileges to some travel agencies to book and hold reservations up to 3weeks before they will cancel the ticket reservation, if it is not fully booked. you can contact registered travel company to do that for you and make sure you tell them you want the reservation to be hold up to three weeks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2019
I need more information.

I've checked the Brazil Immigration website for visa application from Lagos and they have option of medical visa.

My babe is pregnant and already showing so what do you advice I apply for between the standard visit visa or the Medical visa option?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Samuelsoma: 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
If you are in urgent need of your passport, I will suggest you probably go to the embassy in person since they have not been replying your messages cos that is the only option left, so maybe if you go in person and tell them, they will get it back to you and be rest assured that your application most likely will be cancelled and i doubt if there will be any refund of your visa fees. Actually applications for Nigerians now takes more time than the speculated 21days. From what i know and the information i got, in recent times it takes them about 6 weeks to approve or reject. the main reason for that is cos the applications for Nigerians everywhere regardless of your location are not reviewed at the embassy of brazil in that country, they send to brazil, that is where they process all applications for Nigerians. So it actually now takes more time.
marina101:

Thank you anyway.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by marina101: 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Samuelsoma:
If you are in urgent need of your passport, I will suggest you probably go to the embassy in person since they have not been replying your messages cos that is the only option left, so maybe if you go in person and tell them, they will get it back to you and be rest assured that your application most likely will be cancelled and i doubt if there will be any refund of your visa fees. Actually applications for Nigerians now takes more time than the speculated 21days. From what i know and the information i got, in recent times it takes them about 6 weeks to approve or reject. the main reason for that is cos the applications for Nigerians everywhere regardless of your location are not reviewed at the embassy of brazil in that country, they send to brazil, that is where they process all applications for Nigerians. So it actually now takes more time.

I went to the brazil consulate today to get my passport back, Since sept 9th, no decision yet. I had to go get our passport back. I was not even going to use the visa again even If I was given as my wife is already 37 weeks.

The two Nigerian guys attending to people there are some of the worst people on earth. They treat people with so much disdain.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2019
marina101:

I went to the brazil consulate today to get my passport back, Since sept 9th, no decision yet. I had to go get our passport back. I was not even going to use the visa again even If I was given as my wife is already 37 weeks.

The two Nigerian guys attending to people there are some of the worst people on earth. They treat people with so much disdain.
Wait was your passport still at the consulate here in lagos I thought it would be sent to brazil along with the other documents
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by marina101: 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
juliusocean:

Wait was your passport still at the consulate here in lagos I thought it would be sent to brazil along with the other documents

I was surprised. It was at their office here in Lagos. I got back my passport 5mins after asking to withdraw my application.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 8:30am On Oct 25, 2019
marina101:

I was surprised. It was at their office here in Lagos. I got back my passport 5mins after asking to withdraw my application.
And what was their explanation for such behavior? Was the app denied or they out rightly refused to process the application
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2019
marina101:

I can really understand your frustration. In most embassies in Nigeria, our own fellow Nigerians working there are the problems. We don’t like to see our fellows move forward. They probably sit there and see people getting their visas and traveling every day while they have not had the chance to do so. I’m sure the Nigerian employees there are not allowed to give birth in Brazil as a employment policy because of that they try to frustrate others.

It shall be well. Africans, we are our own enemies

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2019
marina101:

From my understanding, the passport actually never leaves the embassy in Lagos. The Ministry in Brasilia only approves the online application and gives the embassy the go ahead to print the visa and stick it in your passport.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by chriscole(f): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2019
Adjo10:

From my understanding, the passport actually never leaves the embassy in Lagos. The Ministry in Brasilia only approves the online application and gives the embassy the go ahead to print the visa and stick it in your passport.

Thanks for always rekindling hope on this thread you have been an asset to us all I was wondering why the application and passport will be left at the embassy
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 10:44am On Oct 25, 2019
Adjo10:

Is this usually so for other countries too or just the brazillian way?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 11:56am On Oct 25, 2019
Adjo10:

I can really understand your frustration. In most embassies in Nigeria, our own fellow Nigerians working there are the problems. We don’t like to see our fellows move forward. They probably sit there and see people getting their visas and traveling every day while they have not had the chance to do so. I’m sure the Nigerian employees there are not allowed to give birth in Brazil as a employment policy because of that they try to frustrate others.

I need more information.

I've checked the Brazil Immigration website for visa application from Lagos and they have option of medical visa.

My babe is pregnant and already showing so what do you advice I apply for between the standard visit visa or the Medical visa option?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by oluayebenz: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Adjo10:

You are very correct
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
juliusocean:

Is this usually so for other countries too or just the brazillian way?

Brazilian consulates all over the world issue visas on their own authority to citizens of every country except for citizens of the following countries, the Consulate has to consult the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Brasília before issuing the visa:

Central African Republic, Nigeria, North Korea, Senegal;

For citizens of any other country apart from the ones mentioned above, you get your visas within 5-10 days depending on the Brazilian consulate’s location.

Our country is really in a bad position when it comes to visas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
TechSpot:

I need more information.

Hi TechSpot. Sorry i have no idea how the Medical visa works. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by juliusocean(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
Adjo10:

Brazilian consulates all over the world issue visas on their own authority to citizens of every country except for citizens of the following countries, the Consulate has to consult the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Brasília before issuing the visa:

Central African Republic, Nigeria, North Korea, Senegal;

For citizens of any other country apart from the ones mentioned above, you get your visas within 5-10 days depending on the Brazilian consulate’s location.

Our country is really in a bad position when it comes to visas

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Adjo10:

Hi TechSpot. Sorry i have no idea how the Medical visa works. Thanks

Ok, thank you

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Samuelsoma: 6:39am On Oct 28, 2019
your passport remains at the consulate in lagos, it is the online application that goes to brazil for processing and approval and after your application is approved in brazil, they put the visa in form of a sticker on your passport. you know while applying online you are asked to upload all documents on the portal, so that is what they work with in brazil to approve or reject your application
juliusocean:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (193) (Reply)

Need Help With Direction / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

Viewing this topic: CindyByFine(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.