Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (17411 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by MaiSuya(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Being pregnant is no disability. A lazy woman is a lazy woman. If she has some other health problems, then she needs special attention, however, if she wants to use her pregnancy to just do nothing all day, then you're an unlucky man. I see pregnant women go to work everyday and put in their time. I've seen pregnant teachers, nurses, TV hostesses, etc. Differentiating laziness from pregnancy is not rocket science.

Simple! cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2009
LadyT:

Thats what a real man does.

Aaaaaah soooooooo!!!!!!  lipsrsealed
JJYOU:

sisi, nawa for you. you just disappeared.  where have you been?  you see what you caused.  this is the result of your failure to continue your write up on being the good wife.

where wazzz you when your country women needed you?

we shall take our passport from you.

welcome and God bless

Oh Pleaaaaase don't take my passport! Please I beg of you cry cry

It's not my fault. . . you see the powers that be yanked me off Nairaland for more brainwashin. . . errr. . . I mean training.

Yes, they thought I was spending too much time online. . . not neccessarily a bad thing if weren't for the fact that I was learning to be the opposite of the perfect Naija wife and we can't have that. . . can we? tongue

Anyperfectionhoo, I am back now. . . all re-educated and ready to pass it on. cheesy cheesy

How's you been my dear Sensei?  grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2009
Mai Suya:

Simple!  cheesy

Some Nigerian women can be real pain in the you-know-where!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Lady~:

Kanayo,

I've never been pregnant but have been around enough pregnant women to know that each one deals with it differently. I have two cousins, one with a baby already, and the other is still preggers.

Both of them had a rough time in the beginning of their pregnancy, especially because it is their first. I remember them crying their eyes out almost all the time. The one with the baby already, kept hitting her husband for no reason. Then she'll stop and give this blank stare and start crying and apologising. It was weird. And it got even more weird. The second one could hardly walk. Both had to give up working as they kept ending up in the hospital. Pregnancy is stressful.
Also she didn't get pregnant by herself you caused it. She has to bear the pain with her body, you too can help in sharing that pain.

gbam wink
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2009
Mai Suya:

Simple! cheesy

Oh no you di-ent!!! angry angry angry
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2009
LadyT:

Richy you're wack please get lost.  We all know a coward like you could not handle a real Nigerian woman thats why you sit here talking crap.  

Its daft men like you who spoil it for the others.

Eran igbe

cheesy

LadyT,

No man needs useless women like you. People like you end up with effeminate men that you can walk all over and boss around. Get men like those not real men. Act fast! When he knocks you up, lie down and do nothing all day. After you've added 50 pounds, he'll start an affair with his work colleague and kick you to the curb. Nwa nsi!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
@poster,
Being pregnant is no disability. A lazy woman is a lazy woman. If she has some other health problems, then she needs special attention, however, if she wants to use her pregnancy to just do nothing all day, then you're an unlucky man. I see pregnant women go to work everyday and put in their time. I've seen pregnant teachers, nurses, TV hostesses, etc. Differentiating laziness from pregnancy is not rocket science.

Mai Suya:

Simple!  cheesy
the problem with agreeing with small minded word is the society raised by that mind set is self destroying before  our eyes yet we want to continue.  they say insanity is doing same thing over and over and yet expecting different results.  the callous idiots vandalising nigeria were mostly born by men who had this form of twisted thinking. loving your wife was a strange concept to most of our elders.  you can imagine a person with no feelings love or poor sympathy for his own wife and unborn child having love or as they say feelings for neighbours/strangers.

when can we wake up to start behaving like human beings.  dont you watch animal programmes and see that even gorrillas and monkeys take good care of their female species.

RichyBlacK:

LadyT,

No man needs useless women like you. People like you end up with effeminate men that you can walk all over and boss around. Get men like those not real men. Act fast! When he knocks you up, lie down and do nothing all day. After you've added 50 pounds, he'll start an affair with his work colleague and kick you to the curb. Nwa nsi!

richy i tot you said somewhere you wazz a moderator and a christian?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Davincii: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2009
To love, to hold, to cherish, to excel, to blossom, to mother, to nourish, to preserve and to procreate.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:28pm On Apr 17, 2009

richy i tot you said somewhere you wazz a moderator and a christian?

are you sincerely surprised?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Aaaaaah soooooooo!!!!!!  lipsrsealed
Oh Pleaaaaase don't take my passport! Please I beg of you cry cry

It's not my fault. . . you see the powers that be yanked me off Nairaland for more brainwashin. . . errr. . . I mean training.

Yes, they thought I was spending too much time online. . . not neccessarily a bad thing if weren't for the fact that I was learning to be the opposite of the perfect Naija wife and we can't have that. . . can we? tongue

Anyperfectionhoo, I am back now. . . all re-educated and ready to pass it on. cheesy cheesy

How's you been my dear Sensei?  grin

i know tpia is reading this but i am going to say it.  

i missed you.   tot u wazz z already set in your ways to rewash the brains.  time shall tell. so good to know you are all re-educated and ready to do the needfull.  u didnt miss much on NL apart from the few new names from banning or shall we say rebranding.

we have been good. tks for asking.  getting ready for nigeria before the rains start to get heavy.

this thread is disappointing so i have to run soon. i dont want to think we have young men still thinking like this.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2009
Davincii:

To love, to hold, to cherish, to excel, to blossom, to mother, to nourish, to preserve and to procreate.

Awww . . .cute but it easier said than done undecided
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2009
kanayo74:

I keep on wondering whats the duty of a woman in marriage?
you marry a wife who does virtally notyhing at home,
she cant wash the bed sheet both of u sleep,
she cant cook
she doesnt wash your clothes and so on
when u coplain you u become the nagging husband.

so please nairalanders WHAT ACTUALLY IS THE DUTY OF A WOMAN IN MARRIAGE

Cooking
Cleaning
Washing
Sex partner
Taking care of the kids.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Cooking
Cleaning
Washing
Sex partner
Taking care of the kids.

Even when she is heavily pregnant??
Abt the washing, is it so hard for you to put your clothes in the washing machine yourself? tongue
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

When she's heavily pregnant, a man has to put in the shift.
4-6 months of doing house chores won't make me less of a man.
Afterall, she's carrying my baby.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by arogbowei: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
I feel the post should have been the responsibilities of a man who's wife is expecting.

Be that as it may, my brother, this is a special period for your wife. Perhaps this is her first experience, then take good care. Like you heard from the other women in the house, pregnancy could do a lot of things to women, just bear with her, remember she is your friend and lover.

By the way, must you eat at home, couldn't you eat out and bring some for her as well? Forget those talks from inexperienced males in the house, be a good man, concentrate on your wife, lessen her burden by preparing her meals if you must eat at home. It's worth all the effort.

Many congrats in advance.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
@Sauron that your list up there, what abt if she is working?  

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i just think couple should put hands together when it comes to the household chores and raising kids.

poster wasn't fair to his woman at all.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by MaiSuya(m): 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Oh no you di-ent!!! angry angry angry

excuse moi?  kiss kiss

JJYOU:

the problem with agreeing with small minded word is the society raised by that mind set is self destroying before  our eyes yet we want to continue.  they say insanity is doing same thing over and over and yet expecting different results.  the callous idiots vandalising nigeria were mostly born by men who had this form of twisted thinking. loving your wife was a strange concept to most of our elders.  you can imagine a person with no feelings love or poor sympathy for his own wife and unborn child having love or as they say feelings for neighbours/strangers.

PASTOR JJOyou if only you ciuld take a break long enough from your a** licking enterprise - pandering to the warped sentiments of your female feminist fans, perhaps in attempt to . . .   - you would see that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do gender equality, blah balh or whatever crap you and your fellow feminists have peddling.

Of course there is a place for love, from BOTH PARTNERS; of course there is a ice for sympathy . . .geez  is the man an animal? How on earth could he expect his prgnant wife to go with her usual household chores?? that would be criminal. Equally criminal however, will be, as Richybalck rightly pointed out, an attempt by the wife to use the excuse of her pregnacy to abstain from any form of work, citing discomfort to her child, tiredness, etc B**S**T!! its lziness, pure and simple!

Unlke the blind feminists littering this thread, I expected you to have a far higher reasoning capacity, I dont want to believ I've been wrong
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
*Hauwa*:

@Sauron that your list up there, what abt if she is working?  

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Working??
Who was doing the washing n cooking for her before she got married??
Every woman must learn how to take care of the house and their kids.
I will not marry any woman who hides from keeping the house in mint condition under the 'i am working' excuse.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Keyword!

Outside that period, lying on the couch doing nothing all day is unacceptable, except she's sick. Differentiating laziness from sickness is not rocket science.

Brothers should avoid ending up with lazy women!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
No Uterus, No comment! who said it again, that person is right  grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thank you however there is nothing in still helping ur wife out  . . .e.g. u can help vacuum the house
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Cooking
Cleaning
Washing
Sex partner
Taking care of the kids.

Correct!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Working??
Who was doing the washing n cooking for her before she got married??
Every woman must learn how to take care of the house and their kids.
I will not marry any woman who hides from keeping the house in mint condition under the 'i am working' excuse.

Preach on brother! grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
who was doing the guy's washing and cooking before he got married??
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Keyword!

Outside that period, lying on the couch doing nothing all day is unacceptable, except she's sick. Differentiating laziness from sickness is not rocket science.

Brothers should avoid ending up with lazy women!

Lemme get this str8, are u saying ur wife is not allow to sit down?? she must be doing something at all times??

*Hauwa*:

My dear i dont even mind doin the cooking n cleaning but why cant he wash his damn clothes himself?? undecided
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by amarilo: 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2009

Why kant you gyls of nawadays borrow a leaf from your mothers?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Preach on brother! grin

Today's women are getting lazier by the hour.

*Hauwa*:

He was prolly paying through his nose to get things done for himself.
Now that he's got a wife, things would change.
How would you feel going to your sibling's apartment with him cooking and sweating profusely while his wife is stretched on the couch watching 'Sex n The City'??
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
Tope sis, i wonder too. those heavy guys jeans/pants/trouser, those huge bedsheet!! poster is a mean guy! cry
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

Lemme get this str8, are u saying ur wife is not allow to sit down?? she must be doing something at all times??

From one extreme to another!

All I'm saying is that a wife should not lie down all day doing nothing. That's laziness!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Cooking
Cleaning
Washing
Sex partner
Taking care of the kids.

you forgot
making sure he is always broke and poor
bringing him bad luck like not being promoted at work if he manage to get one in the first place
being responsible for him sleeping with other women
making sure he remembers hers and the kids birthdays
killing him with juju or ota pipia which works first.  
who better be responsible for killing a man that wont take care of his health?
tope2000:

Abt the washing, is it so hard for you to put your clothes in the washing machine yourself? tongue
what are you talking about.  this is difficult for new  generation man who need his wife 50% contributions to succeed if not more.

sadly the ancient men who lived like this paid all his bills to keep the home going you guys dont want to do that do you?

some of you will be here tommorrow complaining she earns more than me what do i do?  

you cant wash plate, you cant make money. cant  know when to humble yourself  and you still call yourself a man because you have 3rd degree leg.  knowing my sisters they have surprice for you.  you wonder why they are playing away from the house you dont own the hifi, Tv and fridge?

*Hauwa*:

why are u asking difficult questions here.  i asked that before the shehes said who who was doing the girls washing before.
RichyBlacK:

Preach on brother! grin
would you give an offering if he ask?  can you answer my question richy  did you say you were a moderator and christian somewhere on NL or am i thinking you are someone else?

amarilo:

Why kant you gyls of nawadays borrow a leaf from your mothers?
turn that question and ask how many old fathers expected the women to pay for rents and buy other stuff.  if all a man contribute to a reltionship is the sperm what kind of man is that? there are sperm banks that you get it for free you know.

i hope some of u are kidding
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

My dear i dont even mind doin the cooking n cleaning but why cant he wash his damn clothes himself?? undecided

Whatz so tedious taking your hubby's clothes to the washing machine and taking it out few hours later??
Our grandmothers washed with their bare hands after trekking 4km to fetch water from the village river.
Women of these days are lazy, dirty and grossly irresponsible.
What is a woman's pride if her husband is clothed in dirty rags looking like a Congolese refugee??
JJYOU:

you forgot
making sure he is always broke and poor
bringing him bad luck like not being promoted at work if he manage to get one in the first place
being responsible for him sleeping with other women
making sure he remembers hers and the kids birthdays
killing him with juju or ota pipia which works first.  
who better be responsible for killing a man that wont take care of his health? what are you talking about.  this is difficult for new  generation man who need his wife 50% contributions to succeed if not more.

Your attempt at sarcasm is tasteless. tongue
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

From one extreme to another!

All I'm saying is that a wife should not lie down all day doing nothing. That's laziness!

How could she be possibly be lying down all day when she works . . . . .unless u want a full house sha undecided
Liek i said before i dont mind doing all the cooking and cleaning  . . . . heck i dont even want my husband near my kitchen that where i ease off most times cheesy but you guys shud surely help out the house chores like vacuum wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Divorce In Nigeria / 23-year-old Mechanic Disappears, Family Seeks Help / Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.