Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (17405 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Today's women are getting lazier by the hour.

He was prolly paying through his nose to get those luxury.
Now that he's got a wife, things would change.
How would you feel going to your sibling's apartment with him cooking and sweating profusely while his wife is stretched on the couch watching 'Sex n The City'??
o boy i know u joke most times so i really dont knwo when to take your post seriously is this one of yours trully?

cant u guys tell this guy it is no sin to use washing machine this day and age.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by LadyT(f): 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
Attention seekers galore we can now be rest assured this topic has now become senseless.  Run people run.

Richy I feel your pain aren't you dating a Somalian or is it Togolese?  You can give her all this your fake macho culture and deceive her your culture really allows you to be this much of an arse I pity her.

kiss

2 Likes

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2009
JJYOU:

o boy i know u joke most times so i really dont knwo when to take your post seriously is this one of yours trully?

This is no joke!!!
No woman should let dirt n grime reign supreme in her home.
Blimey. . . . . . .What is the world turning to??

cant u guys tell this guy it is no sin to use washing machine this day and age.

What if he cannot afford one??
How many houses in naija can boast of running water let alone washing machine??
Get real!!!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2009
grin grin @ LadyT.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by MrCrackles(m): 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2009
undecided
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

This is no joke!!!
No woman should let dirt n grime reign supreme in her home.
Blimey. . . . . . .What is the world turning to??

What if he cannot afford one??
How many houses in naija can boast of running water let alone washing machine??

Get real!!!
haba u mean u will let a gregnant woman wash ur clothes? i know u joke but u are not wicked.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2009
if he can't afford one, his wife should be toiling right? Sauron you amaze me, i think it is all jokes on your side.

imagine! like JJYOU said, yet you guys want the woman to contribute to the home front financially, ummm interesting.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2009
JJYOU:

haba u mean u will let a gregnant woman wash ur clothes? i know u joke but u are not wicked.

U are not following me. . . . .
Go and read ma previous comments.
I stated clearly a man has to put in the shift if his woman is heavily preggers.
However, i don't want to see her lie down all day n night like an anaconda recovering from swallowing a 4 yr-old buffalo.

tope2000:

but you guys shud surely help out the house chores like vacuum wink

Vaccum cleaning is no chore, abeg!!!
We are talking about cooking, laundry and cleaning.

*Hauwa*:

if he can't afford one, his wife should be toiling right? Sauron you amaze me, i think it is all jokes on your side.

Read ma previous comment.

imagine! like JJYOU said, yet you guys want the woman to contribute to the home front financially, ummm interesting.

I don't need a dime from her purse. I have been coping on ma own before i met her.
If she decides to give, fine.
Men lost their position of power when they agreed to be sharing bills with women.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Whatz so tedious taking your hubby's clothes to the washing machine and taking it out few hours later??
Our grandmothers washed with their bare hands after trekking 4km to fetch water from the village river.
Women of these days are lazy, dirty and grossly irresponsible.
What is a woman's pride if her husband is clothed in dirty rags looking like a Congolese refugee??

OMG
so what excatly will u guys do?? just sit n watch foootball n u call us lazy?? tongue
Even tho we wud prolly share the bills equally undecided
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

Even tho we wud prolly share the bills equally undecided

Keep your money.
Matter of fact, my wife will not WORK!!!
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Vaccum cleaning is no chore, abeg!!!
We are talking about cooking, laundry and cleaning.

i still say there is nothing wrong in men putting their dirty clothes in washine machine n who does have a washing machine at this computer age? undecided

~Sauron~:

Keep your money.
Matter of fact, my wife will not WORK!!!

wont work?? shocked shocked
what if she wats work??
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2009
grin grin grin grin

oh Sauron is making me laugh so so so so bad here  grin

undecided undecided undecided
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by onyinye2(f): 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2009
It is so funny to see the single idiots men here speaking the most nonsense. Bunch of jobless apes.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

i still say there is nothing wrong in men putting their dirty clothes in washine machine n who does have a washing machine in this computer age? undecided

Go to Africa and get the stats. . . . . . . .
Maybe 1 in 100,000 homes would have a washing machine.

wont work?? shocked shocked
what if she wats work??

She can go back to her father's house if that is going to be a problem.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by MrCrackles(m): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2009
onyinye2:

It is so funny to see the single idiots men here speaking the most nonsense. Bunch of jobless apes.

lolz cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Go to Africa and get the stats. . . . . . . .
Maybe 1 in 100,000 homes would have a washing machine.

well i dont live in africa undecided

She can go back to her father's house if that is going to be a problem.
rite.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

well i dont live in africa undecided

I live in Africa and there's no electricity to even power any washing machine

rite.

When would you ladies realise men are doing y'all a big favour marrying y'all??
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

I live in Africa and there's no electricity to even power any washing machine

Then i suggest u take all ur dirty clothes to the drycleaner cuz even if ur wife wash them [even tho its going to ruin her well manicured nails tongue] . . . . .  well there wud be no electrity to iron them wink

When would you ladies realise men are doing y'all a big favour marrying y'all??

A favour?? grin grin grin grin
and woman arent doing u guys a favour by bearing youse lot children??
n if marryin me is doing me a favour, i'l rather forever remain single cool who needs pity

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2009
where is the tatafo man in the first place? he doesnt have credit for internet, cant help a pregnant wife, cant help an unborn child ,

who tell you say you waz ready for marriage kanayo abi na small orange seller u don give belle.

come talk for yourself and relieve sauron of his duties
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2009
JJYOU:

where is the tatafo man in the first place? he doesnt have credit for internet, cant help a pregnant wife, cant help an unborn child ,

who tell you say you waz ready for marriage kanayo abi na small orange seller u don give belle.

Rofl grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2009
Bless you JJYOU, undecided

i hope he has not started hitting/beating the hell out of the woman by now.

trust them, she did not wash my clothes, she did not cook food, then quarrrel, then next na beating. that's naija style. an hungry man is an angry man, shocked

i think he is a lazy man.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 11:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
tope2000:

Then i suggest u take all ur dirty clothes to the drycleaner cuz even if ur wife wash them [even tho its going to ruin her well manicured nails tongue] . . . . .  well there wud be no electrity to iron them wink

Hehehehehehe , . . . . . .What a lame excuse!!!

A favour?? grin grin grin grin
and woman arent doing u guys a favour by bearing youse lot children??
n if marryin me is doing me a favour, i'l rather forever remain single cool who needs pity

If it's about children alone, i woulda impregnated ma classmate when i was 15. grin grin grin grin
U will rather remain single?? What a laugh!!!
I give you 3-4 yrs more and watch your parents fling your belongings out of their house.
Who wants to harbour a 30 yr-old daughter??
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by amarilo: 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
to women in the house hahahahaha
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Bless you JJYOU,  undecided

i hope he has not started hitting/beating the hell out of the woman by now.

trust them, she did not wash my clothes, she did not cook food, then quarrrel, then next na beating. that's naija style. an hungry man is an angry man,  shocked

i think he is a lazy man.
bless you too. i know what you mean. i used to attend an  all naija church here some yrs ago. our people still do some fighting here.  if you dont like hunger dont like anger because you add the letter D in front you become DANGER 'r US.  sadly most dangerous people always hurt themselves. there is theat song the heart you hurt may be your own.

one of the sadest thing i used to see in east london is lonely old men buying meat and food in the market. it used to tear my heart knowing some of them had good relationships they could have nutured for that period of their life.  dont get me wrong i know some of our sisters are ugly rumour  sister nasty when they get to this part of the world. a little endurance, a little give and take and a little loving can go a long way.

we must all learn to get along if we are to form a  happy and meaningful lasting relationships.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
@topic
Cook, clean, make luuuuurve and don't get fat wink
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Hehehehehehe , . . . . . .What a lame excuse!!!

How is it a lame excuse . . . . u were the one that said therei s no eletricity to poerate the washine machine, so how wud ue houswife iron ur clothes which she washed with bare hands (Which i think is ridiculous) wen there is no electricity. undecided

If it's about children alone, i woulda impregnated ma classmate when i was 15. grin grin grin grin
U will rather remain single?? What a laugh!!!
I give you 3-4 yrs more and watch your parents fling your belongings out of their house.

Why wud I live with my parent till im 30??
The only good thing women get from u guys is the sperm . . . i can always get that anywhere
There are lots ppl claiming they are married meanwhile they both live like room-mates . . . who wants that kind of marriage just because men think they doing women a favour by marrying a woman  . . . what a pathetic excuse angry angry
Why dont u guy keep ur favour to urselfs wink
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 11:52pm On Apr 17, 2009
The day a man can push out something the size of a water melon out of a pocket size hole is the day they can dictate what a woman can and can't do while she is pregnant. Until then, I suggest you all PUT A SOCK IN IT!!!!!!!

Nonsense!! angry angry
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by chamotex(m): 11:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
To take care of me in every wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 11:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
JJYOU:

bless you too. i know what you mean. i used to attend an  all naija church here some yrs ago. our people still do some fighting here.  if you dont like hunger dont like anger because you add the letter D in front you become DANGER 'r US.  sadly most dangerous people always hurt themselves. there is theat song the heart you hurt may be your own.

one of the sadest thing i used to see in east london is lonely old men buying meat and food in the market. it used to tear my heart knowing some of them had good relationships they could have nutured for that period of their life.  dont get me wrong i know some of our sisters are ugly rumour  sister nasty when they get to this part of the world. a little endurance, a little give and take and a little loving can go a long way.

we must all learn to get along if we are to form a  happy and meaningful lasting relationships.

This is how most naija men lives will end up like . . . . .
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tubabie(f): 12:00am On Apr 18, 2009
ibkaye:

@topic

Simple, i agree. And every woman should work/earn their living too, that way no man can lord nonsense over you.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by amarilo: 12:00am On Apr 18, 2009
This is how most naija men lives will end up like . . . . .
e- don turn to naija men bashing
U forget say a man can marry even at 70. Woman get expiring date you know.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:00am On Apr 18, 2009
ibkaye:

@topic

U must be very intelligent. cheesy

tope2000:

How is it a lame excuse . . . . u were the one that said therei s no eletricity to poerate the washine machine, so how wud ue houswife iron ur clothes which she washed with bare hands (Which i think is ridiculous) wen there is no electricity.

Let her wait for NEPA na!!!
I am not gonna wear all em clothes in one day.

Why wud live with my parent till im 30??
The only good thing women get from u guys is the sperm . . . i can always get that anywhere

Go to Africa ans see 36 yr-old lasses under their parents' roof.
They all started this way and they lost all the responsible men that wanted to marry them. cheesy cheesy
Sperm is the only good thing women get from guys?? Ignore men then and try dogs and horses.

There are lots ppl claiming they are married meanwhile they both live like room-mates . . . who wants that kind of marriage just because men think they doing women a favour by marrying a woman  . . . what a pathetic excuse angry angry
Why dont u guy keep ur favour to urselfs wink

We would keep our favours when all y'all women stop disturbing us about marriage 3 weeks into a relationship. . . . .
I am sick n tired of hearing these comments:
"When are you meeting ma parents?" "I am not looking for a boy/friend, i want a husband", "If you know you have no future for me, lemme bounce"
"My biological clock is running out","I want to have all my kids before i clock 30"

Buncha hijackers. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

23-year-old Mechanic Disappears, Family Seeks Help / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock / Helping Children With Special Needs And Learning Difficulties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.