Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (17403 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Hauwa1: 12:01am On Apr 18, 2009
LOL LOL LOL

Tope u
bad  grin true the way it is now  grin grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:02am On Apr 18, 2009
ibkaye:

@topic
Cook, clean, make luuuuurve and don't get fat wink

I 100% agree grin
But some men here are the type that will let their gf or wife carry all the shopping while he is carrying nothing . . . .yeye guys lipsrsealed
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:09am On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Let her wait for NEPA na!!!
I am not gonna wear all em clothes in one day.

Clap for urself wink

Go to Africa ans see 36 yr-old lasses under their parents' roof.
They all started this way and they lost all the responsible men that wanted to marry them. cheesy cheesy

Once again i dont live in africa
If a man want a slave instead of a wife . . . . i'd stay at home too wink

Sperm is the only good thing women get from guys?? Ignore men then and try dogs and horses.

Biko what do u guys do for us that we cant do ourselves or get outside help? undecided
we dont need a dog or horse . . . there are lot sperm banks now

We would keep our favours when all y'all women stop disturbing us about marriage 3 weeks into a relationship. . . . .
I am sick n tired of hearing these comments:
"When are you meeting ma parents?" "I am not looking for a boy/friend, i want a husband", "If you know you have no future for me, lemme bounce"
"My biological clock is running out","I want to have all my kids before i clock 30"

Buncha hijackers. grin grin

I absolutely agree with u
We women shud always look for the ones that are ripe enuff to marry and a man that wud give me his last cuz he thinking of me first wink tongue
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

I 100% agree grin
But some men here are the type that will let their gf or wife carry all the shopping while he is carrying nothing . . . .yeye guys lipsrsealed
Lmao cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 18, 2009
ibkaye:

@topic

you shld be given an award for the most sensible post on this topic.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:13am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

I absolutely agree with u
We women shud always look for the ones that are ripe enuff to marry and man to give me his last cuz he thinking of me first wink tongue

U need to take tutorials from Ibkaye.
Lil wonder there are more unmarried women today than they were 4 years ago.
The attitude y'all women exude these days makes men sick to their stomachs.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 12:14am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

This is how most naija men lives will end up like . . . . .
i wont say amen to it becos it is one of the things that really made people like me  begin to seriously look at the tolerance treshhold of our people.  i cheerish the power because that is what it is.  power of a very quiet and not easily offended person.

i can stand most people  but i cant stand peole who dont know how to get along with people.  we dont have to win every arguments at least not in close relationships.  no one is permitted to shout or be angry around me. it took me years to find a person who can stand me and i am so glad i waited that long cos it is worth the wait.

most of our people dont know how to work as a  teams with our parners.  if you want to succeed in life you must learn to live in a strife free environment.  you produce more and blessings flow more freely.

some people turn relationships into war zones too quickly.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 12:15am On Apr 18, 2009
ibkaye:

@topic

Lmao!!!!

They taught us well, no?  cheesy cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 18, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Lmao!!!!

They taught us well, no? cheesy cheesy
Hahahahaha abi o cheesy

davidylan:

you shld be given an award for the most sensible post on this topic.
Lol cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:17am On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

U need to take tutorials from Ibkaye.
Lil wonder there are more unmarried women today than they were 4 years ago.
The attitude y'all women exude these days makes men sick to their stomachs.

Of cos i need lessons from ibkaye . . . .because i said a man putting his clothes into the washing machine himself isnt too much for him to do undecided

Bia Ibkaye. . .  come n teach me how to be an obedient wife na cheesy grin grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2009
JJYOU:

i wont say amen to it becos it is one of the things that really made people like me  begin to seriously look at the tolerance treshhold of our people.  i cheerish the power because that is what it is.  power of a very quiet and not easily offended person.

We all know that. . . . .
However, there's a border line.
Give a woman an inch and be damn sure she's taking a mile.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

Of cos i need lessons from ibkaye . . . .because i said a man putting his clothes into the washing machine himself isnt too much for him to do undecided

Bia Ibkaye. . .  come n teach me how to be an obedient wife na cheesy grin grin
Hahahahaha cheesy

Ok my dear, obviously don't be a slave to your husband, but do the things that make him happy na, no matter what it takes, but of course don't kill yourself. You should know the guy and what he likes/wants, you got married to him, he will love you even more for the things you do to please him wink kiss
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 12:21am On Apr 18, 2009
if cooking and cleaning makes people not get fat why are some of our older women at home fat knowing most cooked and clean from dawn to dusk.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:23am On Apr 18, 2009
JJYOU:

if cooking and cleaning makes people not get fat why are some of our older women at home fat knowing most cooked and clean from dawn to dusk.  

They have raised kids.
It's only natural for em to add pounds of weight.
We are talking about younger women here.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:24am On Apr 18, 2009
JJYOU:

i can stand most people  but i cant stand peole who dont know how to get along with people.  we dont have to win every arguments at least not in close relationships.  no one is permitted to shout or be angry around me. it took me years to find a person who can stand me and i am so glad i waited that long cos it is worth the wait.

most of our people dont know how to work as a  teams with our parners.  if you want to succeed in life you must learn to live in a strife free environment.  you produce more and blessings flow more freely.

some people turn relationships into war zones too quickly.

Amen to that in bold wink
May God bless you kiss kiss kiss
U have have wisely spoken . . . . .many naija men dont know how to work as a team with their partnes at all
Its so SAD. . . . sometimes i just imagine if marriage is really worth it esp seeing how many naija men behaves . . .too much ego n pride

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 18, 2009
A woman's duty in her marriage is to be her husband's help meet . . . i dont think there shld be defined roles that are restricted to one person.

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:28am On Apr 18, 2009
ibkaye:

Hahahahaha cheesy

Ok my dear, obviously don't be a slave to your husband, but do the things that make him happy na, no matter what it takes, but of course don't kill yourself. You should know the guy and what he likes/wants, you got married to him, he will love you even more for the things you do to please him wink kiss

There is no pleasing naija men abeg . . . . . .whateva u do . . .one their friend's wife is doing better angry
Thats all u hear . . . they neva appreciate nada . . never apologize when wrong cuz their ego wont let them . . .
in short naija men scare me, this thread kinda opened my eyes sef. i have learned alot but thanks anyways wink kiss

davidylan:

A woman's duty in her marriage is to be her husband's help meet . . . i dont think there shld be defined roles that are restricted to one person.

kiss 4 u kiss cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by JJYOU: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

We all know that. . . . .
However, there's a border line.
Give a woman an inch and be damn sure she's taking a mile.

so we all should go to holoway for wives then?

my  bros some people were groomed to be human beings some where groomed to exist.  

make the choice of whom you allow into your life wisely. it will determine  to a large extent regulate how much you live and acheive in life. did someone say  your life is your theatre choose your audience carefully.

most of us allow little sally on a journey clearly marked GOING NO WHERE into our lives casually and dream of destinations you can never the unwilling into.

nothing saps your energy and breaks focus like bad and wrong relationships,  if you can help it work more on that area of your life you will almost achieve everything you set out to acheive easily.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 12:32am On Apr 18, 2009
davidylan:

Gasps!!! shocked shocked shocked

A'ight. . . who are you and what have you done to the real David??

Answer me!!!! angry angry

Oh yeah, that's my way of saying I agree with you. Hehehe cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:35am On Apr 18, 2009
JJYOU:

so we all should go to holoway for wives then?

There is an army of sexy lasses in Holloway, ma friend.

nothing saps your energy and breaks focus like bad and wrong relationships,  if you can help it work more on that area of your life you will almost achieve everything you set out to acheive easily.

I agree but this is theoretically based.
It's a different thing to know what one wants, it's another thing to find the right woman.
There's no perfect woman but the level of imperfection these days makes Queen Jezebel look like Mother Theresa.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 12:36am On Apr 18, 2009
Amending my agreement,

Apart from the part where I believe the helping shouldn't always rest on the woman's shoulders. . . I agree with DD
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by MaiSuya(m): 12:39am On Apr 18, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Apart from the part where I believe the helping shouldn't always rest on the woman's shoulders. . . I agree with DD

your point?
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:40am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

Its so SAD. . . . sometimes i just imagine if marriage is really worth it esp seeing how many naija men behaves . . .too much ego n pride

Na lie you talk, you will do your wedding tomorrow if a man approaches you tonight.
See your mouth!! grin grin grin
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:42am On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Na lie you talk, you will do your wedding tomorrow if a man approaches you tonight.
See your mouth!! grin grin grin

If any guy ask me to marry him tonite . . . . I'd turn him down, i aint that old or desperate cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:44am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

If any guy ask me to marry him tonite . . . . I'd turn him down, i aint that old or desperate cheesy

Even me?? grin cheesy
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by SisiJinx: 12:44am On Apr 18, 2009
Mai Suya:

your point?

Haba mai gidan na, Ka sani mana!!!

Okay here is a typical example of some people's mindset

When it is time to pay the bills. . . help mate.

When it is time to take care of the yaara. . . it's all her job.

Hmmm

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:45am On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Even me?? grin cheesy

Even u sauron. . . . . cuz u want a slave angry
on sunday i might have said yes tongue
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:46am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

Even u sauron. . . . . cuz u want a slave angry

ROFLMAO. . . . . . .
I don't want a slave. . . . .I want the ideal woman.
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:48am On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

ROFLMAO. . . . . . .
I don't want a slave. . . . .I want the ideal woman.

Are u most girls ideal man?
There is no ideal man or woman . . . . u both have to meet each other half way n be ideal for/to each other dear

1 Like

Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:50am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

Are u most girl's ideal man?
There is no ideal man or woman . . . . u both have to meet each other half way n be ideal for/to each other dear

Of course. . . . . . .
The chics in ma church think so. wink wink wink wink
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by tope2000(f): 12:51am On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Of course. . . . . . .
The chics in ma church think so. wink wink wink wink

In your church?? grin grin grin grin
guess u better propose to one of them na. . . . . see it as doing them a favour wink
Re: What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? by Sauron1: 12:57am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

In your church?? grin grin grin grin
guess u better propose to one of them na. . . . . see it as doing them a favour wink

How many can one marry at a time??
Choosing one out of 200 seems to be the problem.
They all look ravishing. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Helping Children With Special Needs And Learning Difficulties / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock / 23-year-old Mechanic Disappears, Family Seeks Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.