Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83658 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by jeffoski(m): 1:28am On Jul 17, 2009
Obessed hmmmmm
well i will say i was really not happy with the whole movie.The only reson that Flim was known was because of Beyonce who have made a name for herself.I am a huge fan of Beyonce but truth be told she didn't do well at all in the movie her acting was so ridgid and boring.the only time i laugh abit was the kitchen scene where she was insulting her husband.it reminded me about her music.The fight scene was cool but would have been much better.to me i will rate the movie 20%She should work more on her acting skills.I will like to see her in a Comedy or Action Movie.The other cast tried but i think given a better script they can deliver better.Next Movie i will like us to talk about should be Knowing or Harry Potter.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 4:27am On Jul 17, 2009
justkunmi:

@iice. .bishoptboy
Jus.saw.Harry.Potter.6.and.it.was . . . . . . . . . . .

Good?
Re: The Movie Club by azoo: 6:26am On Jul 17, 2009
@ jesoul, please do comment on knowing, i'll like to know if we have the same view about the mOvie,
The plot is tight but i think the ending of the film is wack, the movie did not uphold the suspence that was inherent in it. THe ending is just so predictive from the outset and i was actually expecting a divergence from that. I was actually thinking of a solution to be in the codes that lucinda wrote but it was just too vague to have selected people transported to another safe planet while the earth was completely destroyed by sun's heat and electromagnetic radiation and the only contribution of the code that seem to be the background of the plot is just to tell date of disaster occurence and not even the solution. God bless jerry bruckheimer.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2009
Yeah Azoo the movie had several issues. I like Nicholas Cage so I didn't hate it as much as I should have  smiley

1. Somebody should have informed potential viewers that this is infact a scary movie, lol. I usually have moderate tolerance but this movie freaked me out in more ways than I'm accustomed to.

2. The plot was tight and did have potential to end creatively but you're right it didn't - new planet, new begining, the whole "adam & eve in the garden of eden" start a new race etc cliche. But I did kind of like the way the earth was destroyed   lipsrsealed cool 

3. The little kid that played his son is a terrible actor. sorry kid, find a different profession before its too late. The other characters didn't even do so well themselves anyways.

4. The disaster scenes were very well executed & portrayed, maybe too well. The plane crash and subway shocked I felt like I was there too

. . . I'll add more if I remember anything else
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2009
The only good thing about that movie was the destruction of earth with all the inhabitants. They should have burned the earth at the beginning and saved us the trouble.
Re: The Movie Club by azoo: 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2009
I actually felt the crash scene, it was 94% tight & the subway was 97%, i would actually prefer if the codes entail the solution to the problem cos the travel to another planet just reminded me the way david duchovny's x-file series looked like.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2009
Been.away.awhile. .sorry.y'all

OBSESSED: Summary
Average.Rating - 18.3%
General.comment - Poor.movie. Poor.script. Poor.acting. Poor.story. Poor.Poor.Poor.
The.poorest.review.so.far.
This.movie.failed.failed.on.all.fronts.

If.you.havent.seen.it. .u're.lucky. Stay.away.from.'Obsessed.'

Next.movie.on.Review.
Since.we've.already.started.it. .'The.Knowing'.it.is.

NB: Pls.give.the.current.movie.on.review.ur.own.rating. From.0%.to.100%. . An.average.of.all.our.ratings.would.help.us.know.if.the.movie.is.good.or.it.goofed!.
And.also. .dont.forget.to.suggest.a.movie.you.want.next.for.review.so.that.the.cycle.can.continue.
Thanks.movie.people. .
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 18, 2009
first of all, let me just say that all the Harry Potter fans can get the streaming links for the latest HP movie on my movie thread. (i am surprised how many people are still fan of the saga after 5 installments.

ok so now lets talk about KNOWING
was expecting a thriller and got a "horror movie" (not really the kind of movie i would let a kid watch)
if someone just looked at the movie poster and then went in to watch it, they would be in for a shocker.
visual effects: 10 "well deserved"points (can you imagine if (Nollywood had such professionalism?)
i think some over religious people out there might not like the "religious metaphors" scattered all over that flick.
from very early on, i thought i had the plot figured out, and then realized i was wrong.
not really my kind of movie but i wouldnt stop someone from seeing it.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2009
The Knowing - 20%
Rubbish movie grin
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2009
MrBrown, what's the copy of Harry potter like? Clear copy?
Re: The Movie Club by azoo: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2009
I'll rate knowing 48% cos of the effect and nicolaa cage, i suggest twilight for review.
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2009
iice:

MrBrown, what's the copy of Harry potter like? Clear copy?

i would say "watchable" just have a look, its in 2 parts so click the second part and check the quality directly.
not a HP fan so wont be watching it, just had a peek and it seemed ok
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2009
Ok. . .though i never watch anything that isn't dvd copy undecided
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2009
nah, dvd quality copies will only be available much later (unless someone out there got a screener), the movie was out a few days ago so most you will get is great cam quality.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2009
Bah i'll just either wait for it or find my way to the cinema.
Re: The Movie Club by Borat1: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2009
Iice, 've been stalkin you a long time but i still dont know why i dont like you. May-b i'd find out sooner.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2009
Is that all bothering you? undecided You'll forgive me if i don't feel anything grin
Re: The Movie Club by Borat1: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
Wateva. Just take note sha
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2009
borat. . .iice. .

@topic
Haven't.seen.'The.Knowing'.o. . I.guess.I.av.to.see.it.now. . I.hope.its.worth.it.sha.
Cos.Nicky.Cage.now.has.a.reputation.for.crappy.movies. .

@iice
is.'Knowing'.one.of.those.crappy.Nicky.movies?.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2009
Ooohhh scary grin

JK, what's up with the HP review.  A friend said it's one of best in the series though not quite hitting the mark of the book (however, i don't have the same ratings with him when it comes to movies, so i ain't buying that one)

Edited
And thou has appeared grin
Yes it's one of those Cage's crappy movies, slightly better than bangkok dangerous and ghostrider.

And don't mind me. . .i've stepped on so many toes cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2009
justkunmi:

borat. . .iice. .

@topic
Haven't.seen.'The.Knowing'.o. . I.guess.I.av.to.see.it.now. . I.hope.its.worth.it.sha.
Cos.Nicky.Cage.now.has.a.reputation.for.crappy.movies. .

get the dvd quality links on the second page of my movie thread 
or if you are too lazy then just click the link below:

http://stagevu.com/video/qdpmjymgmalj

next movie to review: THE SOLOIST
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2009
JK,
    why.do.you.write.like.this? an.unhealthy.obsession.with."periods".?  cheesy

As for the Knowing, I'll rate it 50%. Frightening and incredibly realistic depictions of disasters, average to poor acting, promising storyline, cliche and weak ending - but super cool destruction of the earth cool
Re: The Movie Club by jeffoski(m): 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2009
Knowing hmmmm wat can i say aboutthe movie it's just there nothing really special about it.Love the Plane crash incident and the Train but what i don't get is that is it only Children that were save.I try to view the Movie from but a logical aspect and a religious aspect too.Fine the world is going to end but if the kids where the only one that will be save why then go all through those trouble for nothing.Imagine Nicolas running around and at the end everyone else still dies wats the point then.I agree a solution should have been in the codes to spice things up.it would have been better if they didn't figure out the solution ontime before the disaster than not even having any hope at all.Life generally is based on Faith and Hope.i will rate the movie 50%.The Kid actor to me did well i didn't see anything much wrong with his acting atleast he is far better than most Nollywood kid actors.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:28am On Jul 20, 2009
JeSoul:

JK,
    why.do.you.write.like.this? an.unhealthy.obsession.with."periods".?  cheesy

I.think.I.av.to.''copy.and.paste''.this.reply. .cos.everyone.keeps.asking.  grin

I.browse.with.my.phone. . and.I'm.too.lazy.to.hit.the.spacebar.cos.the.fullstop.is.alot.easier.to.reach. . wink
and. .hey. .i.think.it.looks.nicer. so. . .
and.i'm.already.used.to.it.
. And.hey. .why.spaces??

mrbrown
i.already.have.a.dvd.copy.of.the.knowing.on.my.pc. .jus.havent.seen.it. . shld.soon.
but.with.all.these.bad.reviews. . .

iice
harry. .harry. .harry. .
i'll.say.i.was.thoroughly.impressed.
dont.want.to.distrupt.the.flow.of.ongoings.here. .  so.my.full.review.if.Harry.gets.nominated.next.or.i.catch.you.on.yim
Re: The Movie Club by azoo: 10:07am On Jul 20, 2009
Can we review twilight please,
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2009
azoo

movies.are.chosen.based.on.how.many.people.suggests.it. .

stick.around. , more.people.might.want.to.see.'Twilight'.reviewed .
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2009
funny enough, i just uploaded on my movie thread the links to the new Cuba Gooding jr movie called LIES AND ILLUSIONS, also starring Christian Slater (another B-list actor). i might give Cuba a last chance at redemption but if anyone watches it before me, then let me know if its another waste of time or if there is any substance in that movie.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 11:48am On Jul 20, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

funny enough, i just uploaded on my movie thread the links to the new Cuba Gooding jr movie called LIES AND ILLUSIONS, also starring Christian Slater (another B-list actor). i might give Cuba a last chance at redemption but if anyone watches it before me, then let me know if its another waste of time or if there is any substance in that movie.

Do let us know that one turns out cheesy

JK, aiight. . .i'll try to check it out then.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 8:39am On Jul 21, 2009
goin.to.watch.Knowing.in.a.coupla.hours. .
hope.it.makes.sense. . wink
Re: The Movie Club by azoo: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2009
Can someone help me with a copy of harry porter and the half blood prince
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 21, 2009
azoo:

Can someone help me with a copy of harry porter and the half blood prince

you can get the links on my movie thread, page 14

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-244544.0.html
Re: The Movie Club by azoo: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2009
Thanx a thousand,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (96) (Reply)

NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / K.brule And Khloe Disqualified From The Big Brother House (details) / BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.