Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83661 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2009
Hi everyone. I am sitting right here at the Greenwich cinema and guess what movie am about to watch? That's right it is the Transformers 2.

The advert is still on at this point in time and am munching on my popcorn, while sipping it down with a nice cold drink. The cinema is not that packed, which is good thing as it feels more private and makes for better viewing in my opinion.

The sound system is real nice and it appears to be either a digital sound set up of some kind, or one of those Dolby series. What ever it is, the cinema is booming and it feels like I am in the movie screen. Speaking of screen, that screen is massive. . . .

Guys I have to go now, the trailers are on

Anyway, await my review once the movie is over. To say I am dying with excitement is an understatement.
Re: The Movie Club by doyin13(m): 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2009
State of Play ke. . . .

I have avoided watching it. All these political thrillers that fail to
muster enough excitement.

There are some good but cheesy ones like ''the contender'' or Robert Redford in the candidate.

Its the ones that tend to take themselves too seriously that have me so underwhelmed like this 'State of Play''
Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
Transformers 2

[b]The film started of with a big bang, the opening sequence is very good. It reminds me of what I envisaged what "The Voltron" would look like in real life. The special effects are well integrated with the actual environment and through out the entire length of the movie, I was totally blown away.

The special effects are well polished and it is something "up there" with the matrix. To simply put, the visuals are stunning.

Megan Fox and the wikiki guy did a fair job with the acting, they aint clearly no Denzel or Freeman, however they did an okay job. The music score blends well with the movie and keeps your heart thumbing. Who ever mixed the sound on this movie got it bang on target. The effect, music score and other audio effect blends seamlessly.

The story line carried on from where the last one finished - obviously- and this one sees the addition of new characters and other voices act. Which overall give the movie an edge to it. The story line is okay, however people who have not followed the series may have a bit of hard time actually understanding what the whole movie is about.

It should be noted that the movie is 2.5hours or so long, and that may cause a few people to lose track of what it is all about. However it is something I would highly recommend. Believe it or not, I am going back to watch it again at some point.

8.5/10[/b]
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2009
for those who are ded on seeing it, i uploaded a cam version on my list(50/50) quality but i am not as brave as ELRAZUR to go and watch it in the cinema.  you all be the judges on wether or not it is worth its price in gold.
Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 1:57am On Jun 25, 2009
The movie at 2.5 hours with constant transformations, gun shots, gun fights and blow ups. . . to be fair is worth every penny for a guy. grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2009
Should.see.transformers.this.week
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2009
Next.movie.on.Review
Transformers.2: The.Revenge.of.the.Fallen.

Produced.by
Steven.Speilberg (Executive)
Lorenzo.di.Bonaventura

Directed.by
Michael.Bay

Starring
Shia.LeBeouf
Megan.Fox
Tyrese.Gibson
John.Turturro

Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2009
I.love.violence . . .and.this.movie.gave.me.2.hours.worth.of.uninterrupted.violence!!!.

The.sheer.amount.of ripping.steel. .exploding.mechanical.parts.and.mutating.automobiles.of.gigantic.sizes.was.a.real.beauty. . Twas.jus.pure.chaos!

The.best.part.of.the.movie.was.the.forest.face-off. Where.Optimus.Prime.took.on.3.Decepticons. Twas.one.of. .if.not.the.most.beautiful.battle.scene.i've.ever.seen.
Twas.just.great.
Metal.parts.falling.off. .Trees.falling.from.the.chaos. .Sand.and.dirt.rising.and.giving.the.whole.scene.some.bad-ass.effect. . . And.the.sound.of.metal.on.metal.was.jus.so.nice. .

But.I.had.some.let.downs.though.
The.movie.was.weeeee.too.long. 2.hours.and.then.some.extra.30.minutes!!. Twas.long.

Also. .I'm.still.trying.to.figure.out.what.they.meant.when.Sam.died.and.his.spirit.went.to.Autobot.heaven!. . What??
Then.he.came.back.to.life
Question.is. . If.he.didnt.pass.out. .wouldnt.he.have.figured.out.how.to.bring.back.OptimusPrime? Or.he.had.to.die.to.figure.that.out?

And.why.was.it.until.his.passing.out/death. .that.the.steel.dust.formed.back.into.the.metal.piece.to.bring.back.OP.

And.the.Fallen.didnt.have.much.screen.time. He.didnt.show.so.much.and.he.was.the.'baddass.guy'. .

This.movie.was.a.real.show. Nice.sequel. Not.everyday.would.a.sequel.match.or.oudo.its.prequel.
Nice.one. .

But.can.we.call.it.the.perfect.summer.flick.yet?
But.its.mos.def'ly.the.best.movie.I've.seen.this.year.

I'll.rate.it.90%.
Brilliant.perfomance.
Re: The Movie Club by Nnekie(f): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2009
The action was good but the storyline was lame. And Megan fox, it was all about the lip gloss and pouting. She was in the freaking desert and everyone else was smeared with dirt, but alas her face was still flawless and the lipgloss fresh lol
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2009
I.love.violence . . .and.this.movie.gave.me.2.hours.worth.of.uninterrupted.violence!!!.

The.sheer.amount.of ripping.steel. .exploding.mechanical.parts.and.mutating.automobiles.of.gigantic.sizes.was.a.real.beauty. . Twas.jus.pure.chaos!

The.best.part.of.the.movie.was.the.forest.face-off. Where.Optimus.Prime.took.on.3.Decepticons. Twas.one.of. .if.not.the.most.beautiful.battle.scene.i've.ever.seen.

Twas.just.great.

Metal.parts.falling.off. .Trees.falling.from.the.chaos. .Sand.and.dirt.rising.and.giving.the.whole.scene.some.bad-ass.effect. . . And.the.sound.of.metal.on.metal.was.jus.so.nice. .

But.I.had.some.let.downs.though.

The.movie.was.weeeee.too.long. 2.hours.and.then.some.extra.30.minutes!!. Twas.long.

Also. .I'm.still.trying.to.figure.out.what.they.meant.when.Sam.died.and.his.spirit.went.to.Autobot.heaven!. . What??

Then.he.came.back.to.life

Question.is. . If.he.didnt.pass.out. .wouldnt.he.have.figured.out.how.to.bring.back.OptimusPrime? Or.he.had.to.die.to.figure.that.out?

And.why.was.it.until.his.passing.out/death. .that.the.steel.dust.formed.back.into.the.metal.piece.to.bring.back.OP.

And.the.Fallen.didnt.have.much.screen.time. He.didnt.show.so.much.and.he.was.the.'baddass.guy'. .

This.movie.was.a.real.show. Nice.sequel. Not.everyday.would.a.sequel.match.or.oudo.its.prequel.

Nice.one. .

But.can.we.call.it.the.perfect.summer.flick.yet?

But.its.mos.def'ly.the.best.movie.I've.seen.this.year.

I'll.rate.it.90%.

Brilliant.perfomance.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2009
Best movie of the year so far. Yes i have not yet seen star trek, but like the first one, Revenge of the fallen delivered what it promised to - popcorn friggin flick, great action scenes, comedy and bigger than life robots grin I give cred to Michael Bay for pulling it off, twice now. I feared the summer time would be gone forever.
After a period of serious movies. . .i always look forward to the summer for feel-good, out-of-this-world, action flicks that sometimes are senseless cheesy
Nevermind, that Fox cannot act - she served a purpose (for guys), or that the movie focused more on action/special effects than on story line. . .it was awesome!
I give it 87% for giving me the high i have been missing from movies cheesy

JK, for you to notice the time, means you didn't thoroughly enjoy it. I didn't notice it was long, even if i almost fell sick trying to watch this movie grin I think Sam already knew what to do, or rather he hoped that what he wanted to do will work. It probably would have worked without the Primes telling him because in movies, good things happen to good guys with lots of hope grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2009
iice.
I.enjoyed.the.movie.alot. I.only.noticed.it.was.over.2.hours.after.the.movie.ended. I.got.into.the.cinema.at.6.and.didnt.come.out.until.it.was.almost.9!
My.popcorn.finished.sef. .had.to.steal.from.the.girl.beside.me. . Lol,

Freaking.helluva.movie. A.beautiful.robotic.ride.

I.liked.this.one.better. It.had.more.one-liners. .and.crazier.sarcasms.

On.the.going.to.heaven.part. . .well. Good.things.always.happen.to.good.guys.actually. .

Nice.you.noticed.Megan.Fox.cant.act. She.was.just.doing.what.she.could.do.best. . .look.beautiful!. .
And.just.a.tot. . When.Sam.was.saying.his.goodbyes.to.Bumblebee. .why.did.Fox.change.into.a.gown.and.held.flowers?
Where.dey.s'posed.to.be.getting.married.or.something?

Like.I.said.before. . .best.fight.scene.ever.was.the.Forest.fight.with.Optimus.Prime.and.the.Decepticons. Maybe.only.KingKong.comes.close. .and.yeah. .the.Voldermot.versus.Dumbledore.fight.in.HP5.

Best.movie.of.the.year.so.far. Havent.seen.Star.Trek.too. Should.soon.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 10:50am On Jul 03, 2009
LOL of course i know Fox can't act.  I'm not big on actresses, so it's like my eye is trained to see their acting flaws easily grin Lucky you - only 6 to 9 grin I was 1-3am grin grin I was a bloody zombie the next day at work grin cheesy

Hmm i don't know which i prefer, currently they are on the same page.  Maybe i will watch both to see.  My bro prefers the first one though, he was like that had good story and though he liked this second one, he wasn't tripping over himself for the movie.  I was shocked since he likes Eddie Murphy's senseless movies grin

Hah' i thought they were gon' get married or something.  I think she just wanted to look nice for his going away.  Sort of sweet like, not the grease monkey she was supposed to be (BTW, i didn't see the grease monkey thing.  .  .was way too clean)

Yeah that fight scene was awesome.  I loved the bumblebee fight scene too, especially when he peeled the metal off the skeleton cheesy

HP Fan? I'm not much of a fan but i watch them.  I however am a big fan of Gary Oldman and Ralph Fiennes.  I adore them.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:14am On Jul 03, 2009
She.wanted.to.look.nice.for.his.going?, and.she.carried.flowers?. Oga.o, lol

And.yeah. .she.was.waaay.to.fresh. She.was.s'posed.to.be.a.mechanic.and.very.greasy. Even.at.work. .she.was.very.fresh, Lol. Guess.that.was.what.she.was.paid.to.do. .

Bumblebee.was.awesome. That.part.thrilled.me. How.did.they.come.up.with.dat? He.tore.off.the.metal.from.the.dude. . .and.we.saw.his.skeleton. .or.watever.that.was. Lol. I.screamed.at.that.part.

And.I.liked.the.old.decepticon.they.woke. Way.too.sarcarstic. And.yeah. .the.new.robot.that,formed.at.the.desert. With.heavy.rims.for.neck.and.huge.engines.for.arms.
I.asked.someone.beside.me.when.I.was.watching. I.said. .''who.draws.these.Decepticons''? The.guy.must.be.some.comic.freak!.

Yeah.I.do.HP. .Looking.forward.to.Half.Blood.Prince. Ralph.Finnes.is.baddass. He.brings.Voldermot.to.life. .
Should.be.out.this.month.sef. .
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2009
Me too i like the old decepticon. Funny how that little decepticon wanted to change places too. He just wanted Fox's character jare tongue Awesome awesome scene. . .so glad Optimus showed them power as we like to say lol. He was at the disadvantage in the first one.

You mean the ones that Turturro battled. . .well sort of battled? They are constructicons.
Dude, don't tell me u don't remember them tongue

Fiennes is muy talentoso especially when he brings villains to life.
I enjoyed the last one precisely because of him, but prisoner of Azkaban is still my favorite.
It was dark kiss kiss I think the new one too will be dark.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2009
lol. .yeah. The.one.Turturro.battled. Twas.some.massive.piece.of.metal. .
And.i.forgot.to.add. . Sam's.roommate.added.alot.of.comedy.to.the.movie. .
Remember.where.he.shot.himself.with.the.stun.gun? I.laughed.so.hard.I.almost.cried. .
And.his.screams.in.the.car.was.just.crazy. . Lol.

Order.of.the.Phoenix.to.me.is.the.best.so.far. Then.Prisoner.of.Azkaban. So.praying.this.one.outshines.the.others. .
Cos.is.where.Dumbledore.dies. .So.looking.forward.to.that.scene.where.he.dies. With.Snape. .and.Draco.Malfoy
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2009
I found the roommate yeah a bit funny but overall didn't add much to the movie. If he was out, i wouldn't miss him undecided

Hah, it was good, but i still go with PoA. . .well shot too.
Anyhoo, we'll see how this one goes.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2009
I.think.there's.goin.to.be.Transformers.3. Optimus.Primes'words.at.the.suggests.it.
Twont.be.bad.at.all. . They.can.even.go.ahead.and.do.a.fourth.and.fifth.one. .

@iice.
U.didnt.suggest.a.movie.we.should.review.next. .
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 12:56am On Jul 05, 2009
justkunmi:

I.think.there's.goin.to.be.Transformers.3. Optimus.Primes'words.at.the.suggests.it.
Twont.be.bad.at.all. . They.can.even.go.ahead.and.do.a.fourth.and.fifth.one. .

@iice.
U.didnt.suggest.a.movie.we.should.review.next. .

I think so too. . .we after all had a cameo of an insecticon. I don't know about 4th and 5th but lets see how a 3rd one goes in the cinema

Hmmmmm let me think about it
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:01am On Jul 07, 2009
They.mite.as.well.start.a.Transformers.Franchise. . So.we.know.we.get.to.see.some.robotic.action.every.other.year.or.so. .

I.suggest.''Obsessed''.for.review.next. .
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2009
shocked That rubbish beyonce movie? not that i have seen it grin grin

My free time has vanished sad
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2009
Yeah. .that.stupid.Beyonce.movie.!
I'm.itching.to.have.a.go.at.that.movie. Very.annoying.thing. .
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2009
grin grin

I don't think i have the heart for another rubbish movie this week grin
I just saw Knowing the other day - i need magnificent movies to wipe the rubbish off my memory banks cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:31am On Jul 08, 2009
Think.Nicholas.Cage.has.lost.it. .
Although.Knowing.had.a.nice.begining.but.it.got.muddled.up.as.it.progressed.

Someone.said.''Knowing''.is.the.same.as.''Next''. . .xcept.this.time .there's.a.kid. .lol.
And.how.come.Cage.ended.up.with.both.movies. .?lol
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 08, 2009
KNOWING was great compare to the pile of crap that he did just before that.  the worst of Nicholas Cage was the movie called "Bangkok dangerous" and that was the lowest of the low.
i think he doesnt really read the scripts anymore, just goes for the money!
Re: The Movie Club by bishoptboy(m): 11:09am On Jul 08, 2009
hey guys, I'm back. its been a long time. I watched Transformers and I love it. Transformer 2 is one of the movies that the sequel is better than the initial movie. I believe Transformer 2 has a better storyline than one cos T 1 is just action and explosion but T 2 gave me more than cool visual efx.
About Obsessed i watched it and i was never moved even though I watched it with a female friend and she loved it. whats wrong iice i thought its a girl movie cos ladies like it. for me its not my kind of film. I guess i was forced to go see it because my female friend bought the ticket.

I'm going to see knowing and you guys are already making me feel its a bad film and its not worth it but anyway i wil still check it out.
Re: The Movie Club by bishoptboy(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2009
Nnekie:

The action was good but the storyline was lame. And Megan fox, it was all about the lip gloss and pouting. She was in the freaking desert and everyone else was smeared with dirt, but alas her face was still flawless and the lipgloss fresh lol
grin
Gosh I thought I was the only one that saw that. Its so funny that the only thing i can remember about her is the lip gloss.
About state of play- I love it. for me its well directed and shot. I couldnt avoid the cinematography. if you've seen it go watch it again and pay attention to the cinematography and you will see that it was good. one of the measure of a good movie is the film that takes you to where you dont wanna be. state of play sucks you in and the suspense and tension worked very much on me compared to Obsessed that was cheezy. what i saw in Obsessed isnt new to me. I have seen that in alot of films.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2009
justkunmi:

Think.Nicholas.Cage.has.lost.it. .
Although.Knowing.had.a.nice.begining.but.it.got.muddled.up.as.it.progressed.

Someone.said.''Knowing''.is.the.same.as.''Next''. . .xcept.this.time .there's.a.kid. .lol.
And.how.come.Cage.ended.up.with.both.movies. .?lol

Actually Next is even better. I would have killed him off in the beginning of Knowing. What utter rubbish. It all went down hill after Match stick men. I hope they boot him out of hollywood angry

MRbrownJAY:

KNOWING was great compare to the pile of crap that he did just before that.  the worst of Nicholas Cage was the movie called "Bangkok dangerous" and that was the lowest of the low.
i think he doesnt really read the scripts anymore, just goes for the money!

I didn't bother with Bangkok dangerous after hearing how terrible it was.
As for the part about not reading scripts. . .it's not only him. Cuba Gooding jr. has started doing rubbish movies. A long way from their oscar performances angry
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2009
bishoptboy:

hey guys, I'm back. its been a long time. I watched Transformers and I love it. Transformer 2 is one of the movies that the sequel is better than the initial movie. I believe Transformer 2 has a better storyline than one cos T 1 is just action and explosion but T 2 gave me more than cool visual efx.

You are one of the few people who thinks Transformer 2 has a better storyline.  It barely had a storyline.  Even Michael Bay admitted to that.  Two had more effects and action, One had the story line, less effects and action - you could not see clearly the fight scenes as it was in 2.

bishoptboy:

About Obsessed i watched it and i was never moved even though I watched it with a female friend and she loved it. whats wrong iice i thought its a girl movie cos ladies like it. for me its not my kind of film. I guess i was forced to go see it because my female friend bought the ticket.

You haven't been long enough in this section to know me grin
I don't like girl movies.  I don't like romantic movies.  I hate bad acting and even worse bad storylines. 
Motion picture, is my passion.  I am more into movies for guys tongue And i love dark movies.  I'm afraid i'm not very girly undecided
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
iice:

I didn't bother with Bangkok dangerous after hearing how terrible it was.
As for the part about not reading scripts.  .  .it's not only him.  Cuba Gooding jr. has started doing rubbish movies. A long way from their oscar performances angry

terrible is an understatement.
Nicholas Cage was/is an A list Hollywood actor while Cuba Gooding was never truly there. Jerry Maguire got him up there but he never could do it again and seal his place in Hollywood as A list.
I can see that he did a total of 30 movies since Jerry Maguire but i can only remember Radio, Fighting Temptations and some lame appearances in Norbit, American Gangster and Daddy Day Camp.
Re: The Movie Club by iice(f): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

terrible is an understatement.
Nicholas Cage was/is an A list Hollywood actor while Cuba Gooding was never truly there. Jerry Maguire got him up there but he never could do it again and seal his place in Hollywood as A list.
I can see that he did a total of 30 movies since Jerry Maguire but i can only remember Radio, Fighting Temptations and some lame appearances in Norbit, American Gangster and Daddy Day Camp.

That bad huh? I started picking his movies after Wicker man which i hate passionately.  I thought ghost rider would prove better after seeing bits in the trailer (forgetting that some trailers show all the good parts and you don't get to see any other good parts in the movie) - that was another terrible movie angry
Actually men of honor is a good movie and hero wanted isn't so bad but other than that Cuba has failed woefully.  And it's getting worse.  .  .just the other day, my brother was telling he saw one horrendous movie, i don't remember the name.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2009
iice. .
I.think.I.know.the.horrendous.movie.your.bro.was.talkin.about. . Cuba.was.dating.a.woman.waaaay.older.than.his.mother. .and.they.were.having.sex.like.no.man's.business. He.killed.his.Pa.in.the.movie.also. .
Thats.the.lowest.you.can.sink.to.as.an.actor. The.story.was.crap. .Wait.sef. . Was.there.even.a.story?.

I.think.the.last.sensible.thing.Cage.did.was.Face/Off. .lol. Cos.all.his.recent.movies.are.waaaaaay.too.terrible.
Knowing. .Matchstick.Men. .Bangkok.blah.blah. . He.should.just.retire.already. .

@peoplez. .
Pls.suggest.a.movie.for.review.next. .
Good.or.bad. . Lets.rip.'em.apart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Reply)

NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / K.brule And Khloe Disqualified From The Big Brother House (details) / BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.